Ep 5 Waiting Thread - PC/Mac/PS4/PS3 Oct 20, Xbox One/360 Oct 21, iOS/Amazon App/Android Oct 22

Comments

• Do you mean skipped the credits?

Karnedg2013 posted: »

Some of you guys missed credits 4 times? What will happen?

• Heres the thing. The trailer for episode one basically said, yea, its cannon. Otherwise, why would they literally make a timeline for everyone??

Lewsblake23 posted: »

Yeah, I mean since it's a game based off a game, I'd like to see things that happen in one game affect another. Maybe I'm biased since I pla

• Dude, they already submitted the game for review, and its been rated. By pegi, no less. Im sure tales e5 will release shortly after MC:SM E1

dat moment when mine craft gets their episode 2 before tales from the borderlands gets its rushed and fulfilling episode 5.

• Everyone knows Tales season 1 is canon. It was suggested that a theoretical season 2 might not be canon. Like twdg isn't canon to the show, but the Michone mini series will be.

Heres the thing. The trailer for episode one basically said, yea, its cannon. Otherwise, why would they literally make a timeline for everyone??

• Like twdg isn't canon to the show, but the Michone mini series will be.

The comics, not the show.

mirashade posted: »

Everyone knows Tales season 1 is canon. It was suggested that a theoretical season 2 might not be canon. Like twdg isn't canon to the show, but the Michone mini series will be.

• Oohh-kayy... I wasn't sure which one to refer to so I just said the only one I've actually seen. Thanks.

dojo32161 posted: »

Like twdg isn't canon to the show, but the Michone mini series will be. The comics, not the show.

• edited October 2015

I've had this scenario playing out in my head for a long time.

You know what happens to Rorschach, at the very end, right? I'll assume you do, and you know what Dr. Manhattan (still awesome and still naked) does to him as well.

Imagine that, in the Vault of the Traveller, something happens that causes Jack to lose his insanity, to reduce him to the sane man that he was at the start of TPS. And as he realizes all the pain and all the things he's done over the years...he loses it.

No more charismatic sociopath. No more wisecracking AI. No more brutal dictator. No more Big Brother. Just a sad, broken man who can't cope with the pain anymore of what he's done.

So, you now have a choice: Let him have his wish and kill him, or download him back into your head to serve as your personal AI as revenge for all the pain he's made you do to your FRIENDS.

• I'm not sure what you'e saying. I know it's canon.

Heres the thing. The trailer for episode one basically said, yea, its cannon. Otherwise, why would they literally make a timeline for everyone??

• Seriously my body is still not ready for this.

• Two issues:

1) as many people here noted in various threads, Jack was already pretty extremist at the start of TPS (Angel, etc), just didn't realize how much he liked acting on it until he had a taste of blood (disclaimer - let nobody think I don't agree with his methods, cause I do, but they are extremist).

2) he didn't make me do anything to my - fingerquotes - 'friends', in fact he helped me achieve everything I ever wanted. It's all in the play-style.

• he was insane WAY before pre-sequel, he caged up Angel when she was just a little girl

• Oh, how I could forget call It 'credits'...

Yes, This IT! Thanks!

Do you mean skipped the credits?

• I meaned 'Credits' :)

Sorry for the mistake!

dojo32161 posted: »

Sort of, but what is "titres" are you talking about the french word for "titles"?

• What if the intro is set in the present time ?

• You're welcome. :)

I hope those who didn't skip the credits get a special cutscene :P

Karnedg2013 posted: »

Oh, how I could forget call It 'credits'... Yes, This IT! Thanks!

• edited October 2015

Man--

I dunno if I'm ready.

That probably sounds really weird. It's just-- Thinking back to the enormous wait for episode 2, right, how everyone was stressed, because it was so unusual, right-- Thinking back to all the shipping wars, the amazing reactions after episode 2 finally did come out...

Thinking back even further, really -- I found out about the game because Telltale had a 30 minute demo at PAX Prime (2014, I believe), and I instantly became utterly obsessed with the characters. They were absolutely hilarious. It's been over a year since then, and to think that the final episode will come out this month/next month?

I mean, of course there'll still be fan art and what not, but it's just so weird to think that the journey we've been through will finally be over. The story will end, it'll all be wrapped up, after all the amazing gifs, the astounding art, the hilarious conversations, the speculations, the theories, the reactions, the waiting, the hype trains finally arriving...

Even if I don't post here that often, I really hadn't realized just how much Tales had taken over my life, you know? And it'll all be over soon.

I almost don't want the episode to come out, just so that the journey doesn't have to end.

Here's hoping to a season 2, or announcements about BL3 very soon after this episode :') Thank you all for the hilarious conversations and the fantastic speculations. This post might be a little bit premature, since we've still got a few more weeks, but whatever.

Really, though. Thanks, guys, it's been amazing <3

edit; typo

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff
    edited October 2015

From reading the last couple pages of this thread, NO ONE'S bodies are ready for this! (Mine included)

Quiff posted: »

Seriously my body is still not ready for this.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff
    edited October 2015

No, Thank you @Cyborg_Pirate.

Thumbs Up

Man-- I dunno if I'm ready. That probably sounds really weird. It's just-- Thinking back to the enormous wait for episode 2, right, ho

• What can we do to prepair our bodies? Or is there absolutely nothing at all and we must take it with our unready bodies?

From reading the last couple pages of this thread, NO ONE'S bodies are ready for this! (Mine included)

• edited October 2015

enter image description here

• edited October 2015

But what will happen after credit-skip of all 4 episodes? ;-;

You're welcome. I hope those who didn't skip the credits get a special cutscene :P

• Shit...
    Episode 1 came out almost 11 months ago now.

• telltale releases episode 5 on the 24th of November so it can be only 1 day shy of being a year

Shit... Episode 1 came out almost 11 months ago now.

• If there is, it will be Tector and Jimbo firing their turret.

You're welcome. I hope those who didn't skip the credits get a special cutscene :P

• BSSHHT SHHHH

Poogers555 posted: »

telltale releases episode 5 on the 24th of November so it can be only 1 day shy of being a year

• Dodgeball, great movie

• You can't stop it. It is inevitable.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

BSSHHT SHHHH

• But what fun would Mega Month be if only Minecraft came out in October?

You can't stop it. It is inevitable.

• Iunno, Telltale's "The Spooky Skeleton's 2 part mini series, October 20th and 27th, be there or be square?"

But what fun would Mega Month be if only Minecraft came out in October?

• There's also Back to the Future :P

But what fun would Mega Month be if only Minecraft came out in October?

• The finale will be on the 25th!
    Why? That's my birthday :P

• 25th is not a tuesday my friend D:

The finale will be on the 25th! Why? That's my birthday :P

• Lol that is true. I hope it comes out before tho! I would be so excited!!!

bigdogg0821 posted: »

25th is not a tuesday my friend

• 10/10 - IGN

Too spooky. Telltale's finest yet.

Iunno, Telltale's "The Spooky Skeleton's 2 part mini series, October 20th and 27th, be there or be square?"

• edited October 2015

Coming into the thread and seeing there's still no Australian Classification got me like;

• More like:

Coming into the thread and seeing there's still no Australian Classification got me like;

• This gif is so perfect.

More like:

• It has begun.

More like:

• [removed]

More like:

• Hey, thanks for the replies.

Yeah, I know, it really doesn't add up when you take that into account.

And besides, this is only a little scenario I dreamed up, so I don't take it too seriously.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.