Really Telltale? Really? So this isn't a joke?

Comments

• Me too

ImUrban posted: »

Kind of hoping this is a April fools joke released way too early

• There was the "Secret announcement" earlier and I was hoping for a Bioshock...A game, (let me remind everyone!) which is now dead and Telltale can go anywhere in it.

I'm questioning every business approach Telltale has.

Clemenem posted: »

THANK GOD. I'm with ya, GP. This game already looks bad. Who the hell wanted this, we will will never know. All I can hope for is Telltale c

• THANK GOD. I'm with ya, GP. This game already looks bad. Who the hell wanted this, we will will never know. All I can hope for is Telltale comes to their senses and realize that there are better games to put in a story format than fucking Minecraft. I already feel repulsed.

Cancelthistrash

• I completely agree. I mean, this whole thing seems like a giant money grab, and a blatant one at that. So many other ideas and they go with this piece of shit game, honestly, I'm disappointed.

• edited December 2014

Supposedly.

But we only know GoT and TWD will see future seasons at the moment. We don't know the release schedule for Minecraft either nor for their other games. So, it's possible they'll try to sandwich Minecraft between the more serious stories next year, because they may have a run of GoT and TWD without anything that's lighthearted if Borderlands doesn't get a 2nd season.

At least that's my thinking anyway. Ultimately rests on when they're going to release and how many games they're going to work on at once. (Meaning games that are in active production and have at least one episode released) If they're going to work on three games at once, then they'll need a 3rd team I imagine. So, more expansion possibly.

J-Master posted: »

Um, wasn't Tales already a breather from TWD and GOT? I personally don't think Minecraft is worth a damn for Telltale.

• Same here Golden, whoever thought of this should be immediately fired. Look at the hate this game is getting already, I can't imagine this is going to sell well. And like you said, when the kids get here, and they will get here, this place is going to go to hell. How about instead of a Minecraft game, Telltale focus on a little title they created that people love called THE WOLF AMONG US.

• Holy shit at least wait for a trailer it could be great for all we know

• Either fired or demoted, why in the hell would they take this? There must be hundreds of people asking to have a game made but Telltale goes with MINECRAFT!

I have no idea why instead of working on the loved TWAU franchise they decided to make a new IP.

Same here Golden, whoever thought of this should be immediately fired. Look at the hate this game is getting already, I can't imagine this i

• There's no denying it anymore, Vanaman and Rodkin's departure killed this company.

• Telltale should stick to comic based games. Its what they're best at, TWD and TWAU being examples.

There was the "Secret announcement" earlier and I was hoping for a Bioshock...A game, (let me remind everyone!) which is now dead and Telltale can go anywhere in it. I'm questioning every business approach Telltale has.

• Relax. we haven't seen anything yet. Lets just put down our pitch forks and torches till something solid comes out other than the tweets and a community talking section.

• Tales from the borderlands all over again lol

• Thread: This is a terrible idea and they should have done a sequel to one of their older games instead

minecraft literally has no story, no characters, no lore nothing whatsoever to even get this going this is nothing but a terrible idea that no one was asking for and before you say borderlands had no story and look at it now borderlands did have a story and an interesting lore a better idea would have been to make a sequel to sam and max or back to the future if they wanted to go back to that light hearted tone i'm sorry but i hope this fails it's just so bad

• Thread: This is a terrible idea and they should have done a sequel to one of their older games instead

minecraft literally has no story, no characters, no lore nothing whatsoever to even get this going this is nothing but a terrible idea that no one was asking for and before you say borderlands had no story and look at it now borderlands did have a story and an interesting lore a better idea would have been to make a sequel to sam and max or back to the future if they wanted to go back to that light hearted tone i'm sorry but i hope this fails it's just so bad

• While I wouldn't say that (TFTBL and GOT are perfect examples of games not based on comics that are great), Telltale should stick to games that actually have somewhat of a story to base it off of.

Clemenem posted: »

Telltale should stick to comic based games. Its what they're best at, TWD and TWAU being examples.

• The funny thing is that's not true.

Borderlands has a story, characters, a beautiful potent world, and a reason to play!

People didn't like the idea of Tales because they worried about TWD being forgotten, THIS on the other hand is a horrible idea which has no story or characters or world or lore or anything! This has a reason to hate, just because YOU thought Tales was going to turn out bad and it didn't means that this will be the same way.

zeke10 posted: »

Tales from the borderlands all over again lol

• I wasn't crazy about it when I first heard but Borderlands has a story at least. There is no where to go with Minecraft. Its a chickenshit attempt to get cheap cash from kids.

• People hated it because of TWD and because it was a shooter. People loved it...I always knew people would love it because I knew that the lore was amazing.

TWAU was hated because of TWD...People loved it too.

Not everyone hates those idea, it wasn't even the majority however the majority hates this idea!

No i mean people hated it and thought it would be awful than it came out and people loved it. Same with TWAU i believe

• I wouldn't say that, Telltale made TWAU, TFTBL, and GOT without them. And those guys didn't really make the decision of what game Telltale should do next, they just wrote or designed the games.

There's no denying it anymore, Vanaman and Rodkin's departure killed this company.

• No i mean people hated it and thought it would be awful than it came out and people loved it. Same with TWAU i believe

The funny thing is that's not true. Borderlands has a story, characters, a beautiful potent world, and a reason to play! People didn't

• edited December 2014

Nah, this is much worse, Borderlands actually had some potential in it's story and world, while Minecraft doesn't have any of that, it doesn't warrant a story.

• Thread: Your reaction to this

Post your reaction

Alt text

• edited December 2014

Alt text

• Who pitched this idea to make this game?

• edited December 2014

Honestly... interested.

I know unlike other Telltale games, Minecraft has no story at all. And I would much rather be getting another season of Wolf Among Us over this, but I am interested more than anything to see how Telltale manages this. I will buy the first episode once it gets released, but I'm not gonna hate on it until I have played it on my own.

My only worries/concerns is that these forums will get filled by the little kids that generally play Minecraft. I also hope that Telltale really keeps the main focus on Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones until their seasons are done.

• edited December 2014

sorry i'm not gonna give it a chance at all idc if it is good it is minecraft it is a terrible idea plain and simple i don't see how they can make an interesting story out of buliding houses and choping trees etc, there are so many better options if they were gonna go find a family friendly ip they just did this because that is where all of the kids are spending their money now days outside of cod hell cod would have been better than this crap

DoubleJump posted: »

Relax. we haven't seen anything yet. Lets just put down our pitch forks and torches till something solid comes out other than the tweets and a community talking section.

• Excuse me?

This is my first thread pal, you can quit commenting on them.

A quit making threads to say the same damn thing we have enough already

• Cough TWAU Season 2.... Cough, cough

• We need to know.

Who pitched this idea to make this game?

• A quit making threads to say the same damn thing we have enough already

• People hated it because of TWD and because it was a shooter. People loved it...I always knew people would love it because I knew that the lore was amazing.

TWAU was hated because of TWD...People loved it too.

Not everyone hates those idea, it wasn't even the majority however the majority hates this idea!

No i mean people hated it and thought it would be awful than it came out and people loved it. Same with TWAU i believe

• edited December 2014

You know the other defense is that, "Well, since it doesn't have a a lore, characters, or a story, Telltale have more freedom, so it's going to be good." Okay, so I guess that means Telltale were too good to create their own universe and decided to waste their time on a property that doesn't have one, yeah, good job Telltale.

• People wanted telltale too have as much freedom as possible in their games

J-Master posted: »

You know the other defense is that, "Well, since it doesn't have a a lore, characters, or a story, Telltale have more freedom, so it's going

• stay off drugs lol

TWAU, TFTBL, GOT were awesome and Vanaman and Rodkin' had nothing to do with those

There's no denying it anymore, Vanaman and Rodkin's departure killed this company.

• Because this is my thoughts, are you attempting to remove my right to do this.

You can leave this damn thread, go complain on one of those.

We have like fucking fifty of these threads. why not post on one of those?

• We have like fucking fifty of these threads. why not post on one of those?

Excuse me? This is my first thread pal, you can quit commenting on them.

• Because this is my thoughts, are you attempting to remove my right to do this.

You can leave this damn thread, go complain on one of those.

We have like fucking fifty of these threads. why not post on one of those?

• Whoever did deserves to be fired immediately.

Who pitched this idea to make this game?

• If that was true then they could have chosen something else. Like a R*, Valve or Bethesda game. They just stooped so low picking MineCraft. This is for the kids. Its gonna be a failure

People wanted telltale too have as much freedom as possible in their games

• Thank me, what?

TommyW posted: »

thank you bloop lol

This discussion has been closed.