Really Telltale? Really? So this isn't a joke?

Comments

• Job security in the gaming industry is really bad right now. It's not about moving on "just because that's life" it's about seeing yourself in the next 10 years and seeing if you wanna live that kind of life or not. Which is exactly what Vanaman said in one of Campo Santo's quarterly updates when they were recalling how they were planning on leaving Telltale around the time they were at the VGAs for Season 1.

"Do I really wanna keep being overworked and shifted from project to project every single day and keep my job safe" < - Reality

"I'm gonna quit my gamedev job and move to bigger better things because that's life" < - Fantasy < - No one thinks like this.

People move on, it's not that he thinks Telltale is going to fail, he just feels that being there is maybe a better fit for him than at Tell

• Alt text

I wanted TWAU so bad....

• Fans: Alt text

Poogers555 posted: »

^^^ TellTale Logic: Make Game people want? or make game no one wants? Game No one Wants

• I agree with this. TWAU is enjoyable as eye candy but TWDS2 is just depressing in almost every single aspect after all the failed potential and BS.

J-Master posted: »

People have their own opinions on Wolf, I personally think TWD S2 is a worse experience, but that's only an opinion.

• GiveUsTWAUS2AndCancelMinecraftOrWeRiot

Alt text

Storm Telltale

• Cod at least has a story, main characters, events that happen in the game. Minecraft is a randomly generated mess that keeps ADD kids from setting fires.

zeke10 posted: »

" Even Cod would have been better " https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

• True, but what really bothers me is the speed at which they are announcing new licences instead of focusing on the ones they're already working on. They should agree to develop a game only if they feel a certain connection with the source material and if they like the story, not just for the fact that it's popular and will bring them a lot of money.

TommyW posted: »

"it just feels like they're aiming at the popular licences to attract more people" so basically telltale is doing what it has always done lol

• edited December 2014

I don't understand all these complaints.

All the recent Telltale Games have been about adopting popular titles and benefitting from their already massive audiences. The only exception is perhaps The Wolf Among Us but Telltale bought licenses for it before The Walking Dead showed them that adopting popular IPs and creating good games out of them really works. Ever since then, it has all been about adapting an already popular IP (Borderlands, Game of Thrones) and gaining the favour of its audience while also building a new audience.

Telltale has been using this 'cash grab' method since 2012 so I don't see why Minecraft: Story mode comes as a surprise.

I'd also advise everyone to not expect Telltale to adopt a less established, less popular etc series any time soon.

• Thread: watch out, 13 yo's are probably overflowing the forums soon

i advise everyone to go inside a protected area and ignores the flaming raging kids.

i already built my pillow fortress :)

i advise everyone to go inside a protected area and ignores the flaming raging kids.

• CrazyGeorgeCrazyGeorge Banned
    edited December 2014

it is a terrible idea plain and simple i don't see how they can make an interesting story out of buliding houses and choping trees etc,

I agree, I'm a adult. I want to play adult oriented games. I don't want to play game a child game.

There are so many better options

This is the biggest problem i have with Minecraft. Anything would of been better, countless threads did people post their suggestions, I don't remember 1 time ever seeing MINECRAFT as a choice.

• soon we are gonna get threads asking how much dedicated ram they need to run the game

• All the recent Telltale Games have been about adopting popular titles and benefitting from their already massive audiences

You're right, but something like Minecraft is just silly. And the fanbase that will more than likely be joining us is the worst.

JetLee posted: »

I don't understand all these complaints. All the recent Telltale Games have been about adopting popular titles and benefitting from their

• I don't understand all these complaints.

The Majority of people don't want this game. People don't want to wait another 6 months for it to be made while their favorite series sits in the dust.

That is why people are mad. Minecraft is a game for babies.

JetLee posted: »

I don't understand all these complaints. All the recent Telltale Games have been about adopting popular titles and benefitting from their

• I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

This damn game is going to ruin the Forums.

• Rather than a Fallout spin off or Mass Effect spin

You know I can understand you being disappointed with the news, but just because it isn't your favorite series doesn't mean people won't enjoy it or it should be cancelled.

• until the walking dead season 3 is upon us, all the united bros will take over the sacred forum again and drive out the evil trolls

I'm going to enjoy it while I can. This damn game is going to ruin the Forums.

• Save The Forums!

dylanvdg posted: »

until the walking dead season 3 is upon us, all the united bros will take over the sacred forum again and drive out the evil trolls

• return our holy mother clementine, and our god kenny

Save The Forums!

• i feel u man, i really do, but we always have metallica :)

• I was pretty tired, so I was like aha, a new game...Minecraft a Telltale Game Series ok ok...

Alt text

My dear Sirs and Ladies, you cannot be serious about this nasty business!

Checks if I'm just daydreaming (Spoiler: I am not)

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

*Telltale HQ

Alt text

• We need a gif of Clem, Lee, and Bigby, just beating up Steve from Minecraft.

Save The Forums!

• I have no idea if they ever plan on making another Sequel to TWAU, they should announce if they are going to or not, so people don't just sit and wait for a game that will never be.

Completely agree. So instead of TWAU Season 2, we get this piece of shit. The game should be called Minecrap.

• Completely agree. So instead of TWAU Season 2, we get this piece of shit. The game should be called Minecrap.

• deditated wam*

Jewfreeus posted: »

soon we are gonna get threads asking how much dedicated ram they need to run the game

• @Green613

I know you're on the opposite side of the fence but...Can you?

bloop posted: »

We need a gif of Clem, Lee, and Bigby, just beating up Steve from Minecraft.

• That's true, there is always that I guess.

dylanvdg posted: »

i feel u man, i really do, but we always have metallica

• saw them at rock werchter 2014, best 2:30 of my life

That's true, there is always that I guess.

• Thread: My Reaction to hearing this game

Alt text

This looks like a game doomed to fail as the target audience will not go for it, and that Minecraft is already being milked to the limits.

PLEASE TELLTALE, don't give us this! People want TWAU and TWD sequels, or Firefly or something! Not this!

Alt text

This looks like a game doomed to fail as the target audience will not go for it, and that Minecraft is already being milked to the limits.

PLEASE TELLTALE, don't give us this! People want TWAU and TWD sequels, or Firefly or something! Not this!

Alt text

• I'm actually interested in this. If Telltale makes it work, they'll be geniuses.

• edited December 2014

Alt text

• I highly doubt this.

This discussion has been closed.