Really Telltale? Really? So this isn't a joke?

Comments

• lets stop now. We are obviously not reaching each other :)

It's happened before and they've been merged so go on ahead.

• Fair enough, have a good day.

lets stop now. We are obviously not reaching each other

• you too my good fellow :)

it was nice debating with you :)

Fair enough, have a good day.

• Agreed.

you too my good fellow it was nice debating with you

• I honestly don't think this game will be a succes and the world of minecraft sounds for me boring. :/
    Instead of developing minecraft they should continue with my favourite games : Sam & Max, TWD or TWAU. :D

• Thread: I couldn't believe my eyes

Alt text

Are you saying that Telltalegames is making a game with shitty graphics, shitty gameplay (because you don't have the will to do anything you want), and just put interactive dialogues in it? This is probably not going to be a succes... How will they accomplish a exciting game without good graphics and gameplay... Just imagine it, you mining in a cave and you friend is mining with you, how could this possibly be "amazing"...

I just can't see it, the graphics are not ment to be.

• First time I saw this my eyes reached the roof.

• I wouldn't dis this at all. Think about it this could be like Telltale's Lego Story. But instead of Lego Batman, it can be Minecraft Walking Dead Stories or Grand Theft Auto Craft Stories. They can use this world to make cool crossover stories with other Telltale Games.

• Hitler was not meant to be either, he still happened :P

• Holy shit...Wasn't expecting that. XD

• Mojang / Microsoft:

Alt text

Telltalegames:

Alt text

Alt text

• edited December 2014

And this is gonna happen to, I just hope it won't last as long as Hitler did.

We can't allow Minecraft to conquer the world, we must combine all our forces to destroy the root of all evil.

Hitler was not meant to be either, he still happened :P

• Minecraft is NOT Telltalegames material.

Telltalegames likes money, so.. That says enough.

• Microsoft

This actually came together before Microsoft's acquisition of Minecraft, and has been at least talked about since May of this year according to a tweet made by Kevin Brunner. I think Telltale could do well with this game.

Mojang / Microsoft: Telltalegames:

• Well, I assumed that comedy could be associated with lighthearted by default, considering I already mentioned the games were rated E or T.

Minecraft doesn't have comedy by default (ignoring various fan videos, some of which I assume use comedy for their fan stories), but it is kinda lighthearted which was my point.

darkfoxTM posted: »

Where's the comedy in minecraft?

• edited December 2014

I also think that the intentionally terrible graphics are almost immediately humerous when put in a modern telltale game which are all based around characterisation.

It certainly has a lot of potential.

Well, I assumed that comedy could be associated with lighthearted by default, considering I already mentioned the games were rated E or T.

• The minecraft makers sought telltale out, not the other way around, which suggests the decision was not financial.

Minecraft is NOT Telltalegames material. Telltalegames likes money, so.. That says enough.

• edited December 2014

You're saying that mojang sought TTG and TTG accepted, how is that NOT a financial decision? If TTG went to minecraft and ask them for "permission" then my comment would've been invalid. (although they could also ask to do the job if they need money).

Flog61 posted: »

The minecraft makers sought telltale out, not the other way around, which suggests the decision was not financial.

• If they were desperately looking to make loads and loads of cash they would have sought out popular companies to ask permission to make a game based on them.

That did not happen.

You're saying that mojang sought TTG and TTG accepted, how is that NOT a financial decision? If TTG went to minecraft and ask them for "perm

• That's true, but if you're getting an assignment (while you're already busy with other projects) and they're offering a lot of money, then would've you turned them down?

Flog61 posted: »

If they were desperately looking to make loads and loads of cash they would have sought out popular companies to ask permission to make a game based on them. That did not happen.

• edited December 2014

As Flog61 has pointed out

Mojang were the ones who asked Telltale to make Minecraft "story mode"

If Telltale were these evil greedy people that you are trying to paint them as they would have been the ones who went to Mojang

You're saying that mojang sought TTG and TTG accepted, how is that NOT a financial decision? If TTG went to minecraft and ask them for "perm

• Grammar police alert ...
    I bet you play minecraft .

• If Telltale were these evil greedy people that you are trying to paint them as

Don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that they most likely accepted it because of the money. I'm not saying that they'll do anything for money. at least i'm trying to express that.

TommyW posted: »

As Flog61 has pointed out Mojang were the ones who asked Telltale to make Minecraft "story mode" If Telltale were these evil greedy people that you are trying to paint them as they would have been the ones who went to Mojang

• edited December 2014

Well in fairness Telltale did make games like law an order and csi for a paycheck

So they are definitely not above taking projects just to get payed lol

If Telltale were these evil greedy people that you are trying to paint them as Don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that they most li

• edited December 2014

Alt text

how I [response to/see] this thread

• When Telltale jumped the shark...

• This is literally one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard of...

• who wants to start a petition to stop Telltale from selling their soul? Really the only people who would like this are the investors who want to make money at the expense of doing anything original or creative

• Someone already did and it was closed.

Hero1 posted: »

who wants to start a petition to stop Telltale from selling their soul? Really the only people who would like this are the investors who want to make money at the expense of doing anything original or creative

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2014

Here's the "pentiton" again, for the people who would like to "protest" about a game they know literally nothing about just so Telltale can deconstruct their legend faster with an ever more lackluster run of the mill Walking Dead sequel:

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/stopminecraftttg

Someone already did and it was closed.

• ...Okay...I didn't sign it or anything...I just told him it existed... That sounded a little rude buddy...

Vainamoinen posted: »

Here's the "pentiton" again, for the people who would like to "protest" about a game they know literally nothing about just so Telltale can

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited January 2015

The fall of TellTale ......it had to happen sooner or later...

• I doubt the forums are an accurate measurement of the fanbase. There are people who lurk and people who don't do forums. There are also (I presume) hundreds of active accounts on the forum. We do not know what percentage of "vocal" active accounts make up the total amount of active accounts (this including lurkers). Also, we don't know what percentage of the fanbase the forums count for. I would just adjust your statement to be more accurate and true:

I'm not saying nobody loves it, but as you can see yourself... a portion of the forum fanbase doesn't like the whole idea for now.

LineLiar posted: »

I'm not saying nobody loves it, but as you can see yourself... the majority of the fanbase doesn't like the whole idea for now.

• Why do we need to know anything about the game.. they are making a story based game based on a game that has no story.. the only reason for doing this is because minecraft has sold millions.. I don't think you could come up with greater evidence of Telltale selling out than that

Here's the "pentiton" again, for the people who would like to "protest" about a game they know literally nothing about just so Telltale can

• I wouldn't say its the fall of Telltale, far from it. Just an unwise decision on their part.

Cope49 posted: »

The fall of TellTale ......it had to happen sooner or later...

• I don't care about your grammer, I agree that they should make a Breaking Bad game!

CodPatrol posted: »

Should of did Breaking Bad.

• Ok thanks guys but one question, Is it going be on Xbox 360? I need to know i have that

• Yes.

faneblade posted: »

Ok thanks guys but one question, Is it going be on Xbox 360? I need to know i have that

• "...so Telltale can deconstruct their legend faster with an ever more lackluster run of the mill Walking Dead sequel."

So you admit Season 2 of TWD was bad? About time somebody from Telltale admits to that

This discussion has been closed.