The Walking Dead Interactive FanFiction: A New Life

Comments

• edited November 2015

Alright then, I see your point, but I still heavily disagree. I'm telling you, this option will cause more deaths among the group, as they blindly walk into a trap. For example, what's with Katrina? Think about it, this scumbag just murdered her brother, most likely on purpose. She's never going to forgive him and she will be crushed, disappointed and angry as hell if Tony just spares the life of this monster. If she tries to kill this murderer later, she could get herself killed, because I am sure this guys friends will try to protect him. Is the chance of a temporary shelter really worth risking her life? Risking the whole groups life? They can always find food and shelter somewhere else, but this option is far too risky. This guy is a cold-blooded murderer and he can't be trusted.

Also the time of the day is not an excuse in his favour. Despite the darkness, this guy still had time to aim for the head from quite the distance, which likely took more than just a second. That proves that he at least had the time to see that Nick was talking to the others.

While I agree that it is impossible to eliminate the threatening people in this group, because they are all a threat, you have to consider that this is not immediately obvious. Nick was a huge, buff guy, so everyone will see him as a threat. The same goes for Dom and I always imagined Adam to be ripped as well, whereas I never imagined Tony, Eric or Ryan to be particularly muscular. The utter badassery of Katrina is in stark contrast to her small physique and I bet she's not the only member of the group who does not look threatening at all. Of course, once they learn that the whole group is dangerous, this guy and his friends might as well kill all of them, but for now, they took care of one guy who already looked like trouble.

Finally, lets just for a moment assume that this guy is honest with the group, that he made an unforgivable, but honest mistake and now leads the group to shelter, what would you do then? The thing is, he murdered one of my characters and for that, I want him dead, regardless of what he is going to do in the future. He does not deserve a chance, he does not deserve to live and there's no way I will back out of this. This guy is beyond redemption for me. Are you honestly considering to spare his life after what he just did? Are you really willing to forgive him? This guy is a complete monster and he has to die either way, so why not kill him now while his group isn't around to cause trouble? Killing him is the safer choice for the group and he deserves to be killed on top. There needs to be justice for Nick! How would you react if he would have shot one of your characters? While we're at it, I suppose Dylan is one of yours? So, how would you react if he would have just murdered Dylan in cold blood instead? Please, I'm asking of you, support me with this choice.

It's tough I admit. But you've gotta also consider the group has been on the road for a while, running out of food and water. It might be wo

• He is and I'd be furious!!! (You read that @Partition ;) ) I'd still probably come to the same conclusion, follow him to the lodge. Maybe hurt him a bit, but still follow him.

OK, forget if he is or isn't a monster for a second. How do you think his group, which might be much bigger than this group and much better stocked in weapons, react if you killed him? The same as you, perhaps? (He's on a supply run with others, so i'd wager they're making their way towards the gunshot) Fair enough, he's dead and there is justice for Nick's death. But, ultimately it will end with deaths on both sides. All because we killed a guy who may or may not have made a mistake.

If he is proved to be a liar, fine. Kill him and be done with it. If not, there is some good he can do by helping out the rest of the group.

It's gonna be a lot, a lot harder for Katrina to accept this, I know. But at the moment, rather than acting on instinct, she must try to focus on the group and find a solution that will help to not result in more horrible deaths like this one.

Like I said, I fully understand how Katrina would feel about this. But she must also consider the welfare and safety of her group, who care a lot about her and cared a lot about Nick. I believe him, so I'll give him one chance. Any wrongdoings after this, nothing could save him in my eyes.

Alright then, I see your point, but I still heavily disagree. I'm telling you, this option will cause more deaths among the group, as they b

• Not that far yet...

What can I say, I always thought of it as a fair and interesting concept. Some people deserve to die for their crimes, just like this guy de

• edited November 2015

I can only tell you, this is a mistake. He is leading the group directly into a trap and I just don't understand why you want to give him the benefit of the doubt after what he just did. At the very least, it's extremely dangerous for Katrina, because as long as they won't restrain her 24/7, she's going to take every chance she gets to give this guy what he deserves. After I just lost Nick in the most infuriating way possible, I don't want to loose Katrina too, especially not like this. And the chance that she will die is extremely high if you just spare this irredeemable bastard. I honestly can't stand to read how he half-heartedly apologizes and how he makes some pathetic attempt to make up for something he can never make up for. With his very first action in this story, he already became the worst antagonist ever in my eyes, a feeling that gets only stronger as I see that almost every other reader is on his side despite what he just did. I can only once more plead for your help here. Please, don't let this bastard get away with what he did.

He is and I'd be furious!!!

I see, we understand each other. Aside from the fact that I can't just leave this murderer be. I simply can't stand the thought of him getting away with what he did and every second his worthless live continues, I grow more furious at him. I don't want his group to prevent him from getting what he deserves, so I only see the option to kill him now.

All because we killed a guy who may or may not have made a mistake

But what does it change if he made a mistake? Nick is still dead because of him. It doesn't matter if he made a mistake or not, he has to be punished for it and he has to die painfully regardless of his intentions.

If he is proved to be a liar, fine. Kill him and be done with it.

Perhaps it will be too late, by the time he is proven to be a liar. The only way he can be proven to lie is if he leads the group into an ambush. Such an ambush will cause the death of most of the group. By then, it will be too late to kill him and then you're going to regret it. Killing him now is safer for the group as well. Perhaps it will anger the other group, but considering that this rat will die either way, there is no way not to anger them.

she must try to focus on the group and find a solution that will help to not result in more horrible deaths like this one.

The only solution to this absolute mess is that the monster who killed Nick dies, the more painful the better. This can't end without deaths, because Nick's killer mustn't live. If our group meets up with his group, this can only end in a massive shootout. But right now, there is only one person who has to die a horrible death and it is the bastard who murdered Nick, the same bastard you and most of the other voters continue to protect.

I believe him, so I'll give him one chance.

But he deserves no chance and he deserves no forgiveness! He is at least on the same level as Dexter and Ashton by now. They never deserved a chance too, right? And we all agreed that Jessie had to die even though he never killed a member of the group, so why does this guy deserve a chance in your eyes?

Any wrongdoings after this, nothing could save him in my eyes.

So, this leads me to another question. What if there aren't any more "wrongdoings"? He still murdered Nick, there's no way he can make up for that ever again. What if he is honest with the group? Would you seriously forgive him in such a case? This worthless excuse of a man has to die, regardless of what he is going to do to help the group. There is no way he could make up for it, so please don't tell me that you consider the possibility of him getting out of this alive. He can't make up for what he did ever again and he has to die regardless of what the future brings. Do you really think he can redeem himself even in the slightest?

He is and I'd be furious!!! (You read that @Partition ) I'd still probably come to the same conclusion, follow him to the lodge. Maybe hurt

• It's a tough call it really is. I believe he made a mistake and if that's not the case, then I'll say we were all fools and should have killed him. And I'm sorry, but you and I can't influence what the other readers are thinking. If they believe him too, that's what they think and are entitled to choose.

It's odd behaviour for someone who meant to kill. Running up to the people you are trying to kill or lure into a trap or whatever. You have to be counting a lot on their forgiving nature and be a pretty convincing actor to pull it off. Why would he not just approach the group and offer them a place to stay? Surely that would be better for someone who's looking to trap the group. I'm assuming you would be less suspicious if he did that. I sure would be.

I believe every person who makes one honest mistake can be forgiven. He could go on to save Katrina's life at some point. Tony's, Dylan's, Dom's, Santiago's even. Is that grounds for redemption? If he was dead he wouldn't be around to do that and we'd all be thanking our lucky stars that we did give him the benefit of the doubt.

Basically, If he's like Mac, we screwed up and I'll be kicking myself and apologizing to you a lot I'd imagine. If he's an evil monster, I'll kill him the first choice I get, I promise. If he's a good guy and gives us food and guns and saves a few lives, then we made a good call. We'll just have to wait and see.

I can only tell you, this is a mistake. He is leading the group directly into a trap and I just don't understand why you want to give him th

• If they believe him too, that's what they think and are entitled to choose.

I know, I know, everyone is entitled to their opinion. It still feels like a slap in the face to me that the guy who murdered Nick is going to be spared and possibly even forgiven. On top of that, it's a stupid and infuriating decision that potentially gets Katrina killed as well. I just don't understand why everyone is so eager to forgive this guy.

It's odd behaviour for someone who meant to kill.

Yes, it is odd behaviour for a cold-blooded murderer. I agree with you that there is the chance that he is honest with the group. Let's just assume he really wants to give the group shelter. That does not change the fact that, even if he has good intentions for the group, it is still going to end in bloodshed when he gets what he deserves, but this time, his group might be dragged into this as well. And finally, he simply does not deserve to survive, after his actions gave Nick the most senseless and undignified death in the whole story

I believe every person who makes one honest mistake can be forgiven.

Normally, yes. But some mistakes can't be forgiven, especially if there is no way to make up for them. Nick is dead because of him and regardless of what this guy is going to do, there is no coming back from that. No amount of shelter and food and guns could ever make up for that. If he would have only wounded Nick, no matter how grievous, like, only grazed his head or something like that, then I would have been willing to give him a chance. In such a case, there would have been the possibility for him to make up for it. But after he murdered Nick, he can't be forgiven. He's too far gone for that. Regardless of what he is going to do, he will always stay a being of pure evil and there is no way he could ever gain even the hint of a humanizing trait in my eyes. There can be no forgiveness for him, there can only be death. To give you an idea just how much I hate this guy: Even if he would sacrifice himself to save Katrina's live and if he would willingly die a painful death to save her, I would still see him as nothing more a complete inhuman bastard without any redeeming trait at all.

Is that grounds for redemption?

No, because he is still the guy who murdered Nick. That will never change. By pulling the trigger, he scorched and salted any ground for redemption. He instantly became at least as bad as any other antagonist the group ever encountered, including the semi-antagonistic Jessie and Mac. There's also the thing that the thought of him getting away is already unbearable for me. But the thought of the group forgiving him this unforgivable action is even worse. I can't stand the thought of him being remembered as anything else than the guy who murdered Nick for no reason. He does not deserve redemption.

Basically, If he's like Mac, we screwed up and I'll be kicking myself and apologizing to you a lot I'd imagine.

Oh, fucking Mac. That's actually a good comparison. I hated Mac and I don't think I am alone with this. He was an annoying piece of shit with no likeable characteristic at all. This bastard is already a lot worse than Mac has ever been. After all, Mac never caused the death of a group member and we still all wanted him gone. If this guy killed Nick by accident, what makes him any different from Mac?

If he's a good guy and gives us food and guns and saves a few lives, then we made a good call.

He're the thing, he is not a good guy and he will never be. If he indeed helps the group out, he still has to die screaming, easy as that. Regardless of what kind of man he turns out to be, he killed Nick and only his painful death can make up for that. Sparing the live of the man who murdered Nick can never be a good call and no amount of benefits that can come out of this can justify such a decision. The most I would be willing to do would be to tolerate him for a while, as long as he still ends up paying the price in the end. And I would loose a lot of respect for the group if they just forgive the man who murdered their friend.

It's a tough call it really is. I believe he made a mistake and if that's not the case, then I'll say we were all fools and should have kill

• edited November 2015

After reconsidering I have come to the conclusion to change my choice to [Hurt him and follow him to the lodge] You brought up some good points.

and it could lead to bloodshed But there has been bloodshed already, when this guy murdered Nick. And there will be bloodshed in the

• That is awesome :D To be honest, after my debate with UkilledKenny, I have to admit that I'm actually not 100% sure anymore that he is going to lead the group into a trap, but that does not change the fact that killing him is something that has to be done in my eyes, so better sooner than later. Now let's just hope that it was the right decision. I'd hate it if my vocal support for the killing option would come to bite me in the back. Anyway, thanks man, I really appreciate it :)

After reconsidering I have come to the conclusion to change my choice to [Hurt him and follow him to the lodge] You brought up some good points.

• edited November 2015

Chapter 6: Part 5

March 16th, 2017. 3:34 A.M.

[Hurt him and follow him to the lodge]

I clenched my fist in anger, and walked up to the man and punched him right in the face. “I don’t care if you did that on accident… you killed one of my best friends. You’re gonna get punished.”

I saw the rest of my group run towards the scene. They saw Nick’s dead body and seems speechless. “What the FUCK happened?!” Dom raged.

“Yeah, what the fuck?!” Dylan said after Dom.

“This fucker… he KILLED Nick! He KILLED him!” I said while I kept punching him.

“I’m gonna fucking kill him!” Dom yelled.

“Stop! Wait… he said he has a place to stay... and we need somewhere to stay… just wait…” I stopped Dom. I remained punching the man.

The man didn’t even respond, and seemed to take the beating rather easily. I kept punching him until Samantha stopped me. She was now holding Katrina and me at the same time.

“Stop Tony! He’s had enough!” Samantha told me.

“No he hasn’t! Do you not know what he just did?!” I exclaimed.

“I’m sorry…” The man laid on the ground, with the mixture of tears and blood on his face.

“Shut up.” I told him. “The only reason you’re alive is because we need a place to stay. Show us the way to your lodge. And if you’re bullshitting us at all, I’ll rip your throat out.”

“Okay… okay…” He got up and began walking towards the woods. “You can hold my gun… just don’t kill me please, I’m sorry…”

“Just shut up and lead the way.” I immediately told him.

“Why are we letting him live? He murdered my brother! I’m going to kill him!” Katrina was still crying.

“Listen, Kat…” I began to say but I was cut off by the voices of two other people. One of them was a young man, he arrived at the scene first. The man was caucasian and about six feet tall, and had a very athletic frame. He had short red heddle hair, and blue eyes.

“What the fuck? What are you fuckers doing?!” The man raised his gun and aimed it at me. “What did you do to Billy?”

“This ‘Billy’ guy murdered my brother!” Katrina was the first to respond.

“...What?” The man said with a puzzled look on his face.

“It was on accident… I thought he was one of those dead things…” Billy said in a soft voice. “I deserve it… I killed her brother…”

“Fuck right you do. I don’t know why you aren’t dead!” Katrina squirmed.

The man now aimed his gun at Katrina. “Don’t do anything stupid, now!”

The other person now emerged from the darkness. It was a young woman. She was also caucasian and also had red hair, hers was at medium length and curly. She was skinnier and stood at about five foot eight, and had green eyes. She seemed noticeably a bit younger than the man. “What’s going on?” She asked.

“They’re gonna kill us Karen!” The man said to the woman named Karen.

“What? We didn’t say we were gonna kill you!” I defended the group.

“She just said she didn’t know why Billy was dead! What does that imply?” The man asked.

“I don’t know… just someone tell me why Billy looks like that!” Karen questioned.

“Apparently he killed the girl’s brother.” The man scoffed.

“What? Billy, why would you do that?!?!” Karen raised her voice.

“It was on accident! I thought he was a dead thing, I couldn’t see well in the dark, and I thought he was attacking these people, I wanted to help…” Billy replied.

“Calm down, Trevor… she has every right to be furious!” Karen told the man.

“But it was an accident! Look at what they did to Billy!” Trevor defended himself.

“Still… if I was murdered right in front of you, I’m sure you would want to kill whoever killed me whether it was an accident or not… right?” Karen told Trevor.

“... Well, yeah… but…” Trevor couldn’t think of anything to say.

“Exactly.” Karen crossed her arms.

“Karen, are you basically asking them to kill Billy? You’re agreeing with everything they’re saying!” Trevor got angry.

“No… no… but, I can just see where they’re coming from… that’s all.. guys, please don’t kill him… believe him when he says it was an accident.” Karen told us.

“It really was…” Billy spoke, but was then kicked in the face by Katrina.

“Do that one more time and I’ll shoot you!” Trevor raised his gun again.

“Trevor, stop already!” Karen argued. “Let’s just make peace…”

“There’s no way I’m making fucking peace with that excuse of a human being!” Katrina yelled.

“I second that.” Eric sided with Katrina.

“Me too.” Dylan nodded.

“Same here.” Dan raised his hand.

“And your friend said that you guys were staying at a lodge. Is this true?” I asked, while a held Billy up and placed the barrel of my pistol on the side of his head. “If so, take us there or I kill him.”

“Not if I kill you first!” Trevor seemed like he was about to shoot, but Karen snatched the gun away from him.

“Don’t do it! Can’t you see we’re outnumbered, stupid?” Karen hissed.

“I don’t trust them at our lodge!” Trevor denied.

“They’re gonna kill Billy!” Karen reminded Trevor.

“...Fine! Just… don’t kill him or us! Or I’ll shoot you all!” Trevor took the gun back from Karen, and waved it in the air.

March 16th, 2017. 3:58 A.M.

The lodge wasn’t very far away. The walk was only about twenty minutes long. It was in the middle of the woods, pretty isolated from everything. The trees were really high, and it seemed like it would block any sunlight that would try to make it’s way to the lodge.

“We’re here!” Karen greeted us to the lodge.

“No shit we’re here.” Trevor was still a bit angry from before. “Just get inside. Remember, if you try to kill us, we’ll kill you.”

We all went inside. The lodge was pretty big. The inside was surprisingly very nice. This seemed like paradise to anyone who was struggling in these times.

Billy made his way to a couch and shoved his face into a pillow. This was the first time I was able to get a good look at Billy. He also seemed a bit young, around Trevor’s age, in his late twenties. He had orange hair and green eyes, and wore a blue and white ball cap. He wore a white T-shirt along with black jeans and black boots. He also had a short tattoo of his name on his arm. It read: Billy O’Neil.

“Unfortunately, we don’t have any rooms for all of you. Looks like you’ll be sleeping in the basement.” Trevor told us.

“I doubt you don’t have any rooms for us in this big ass lodge.” Dom remarked.

“Not for a huge group like you. Now watch your attitude, and be a nice guest.” Trevor sneered as he walked away with Karen. “Wait here.”

“I’m gonna fucking kill him.” Dom clenched his fists.

“I’m gonna kill everyone here…” Katrina’s crying got better now.

“Tony, you aren’t serious about staying here, right?” Dylan asked.

“Listen… these people may be horrible for all we know, but we NEED somewhere to stay. We can’t spend another night in that crappy town. And if that means bonding with these people… these people that killed Nick... “ I had trouble getting my words out. “Then so be it....”

“You gotta be kidding me, Tony!” Katrina slightly raised her voice.

“I’m sorry, okay? I’m sorry that I don’t want us to get killed… I’m sorry I trapped us all into that room… I’m sorry I got Ashley killed… I’m sorry I got Nick killed… I’m sorry I got us into all of this shit, okay?!” I started to snap, as I ran upstairs into a random bedroom.

The bedroom was very nice. The bed was large, the windows were big, but not too big. It was just a comfy room.

I laid down on the bed and shoved my head into the pillow, kind of like how Billy did downstairs. I couldn’t take it. I have been the leader for only one day and I’ve already caused two deaths. Not one, but two. And both good friends of mine, nonetheless. I knew it was all my fault. We shouldn’t be in this stupid lodge. We should be in a much better place. We should still be in that nice lodge, the one that Braxton let us stay in. I almost completely forgot about that kid. I also remembered Alex. And Nick. How that small little group of us were doing so well in that nice cabin. It keeps coming back to me because I know, it was when Dexter barged into there and forced us to join Ashton’s community is when everything went downhill. We’ve been losing group members, friends, ever since. We haven’t been on a steady pace. Always on the road. Always losing people. I was sick of it. I couldn’t help but shed a few tears as I remembered how good everything was, even before all of this shit started. Back when my life was normal. When my friends were alive. When my family was alive. When everything wasn’t as shitty was it was now. Why did all of this have to happen? I’ve changed so much as a person. Why? All the shit that I’ve been through has changed me. And it seems like everything that I do now anymore is wrong. And I quickly think if anything that has happened could have been prevented. If I acted better. If I had done a better job. Now I feel like my own group hates me. My mind was so low at the moment, lower than it has ever been since everything started. I didn’t even know what to do.

“Hey, you alright? I was interrupted by a female voice. I looked up to see that it was Karen. I quickly wiped my tears away.

“Eh… yeah…” I replied.

“No you aren’t.” Karen sat on the bed next to me. “What’s wrong?”

“...Just… nothing… I just wish things were a bit better.” I shook my head.

“I feel you.” Karen nodded. “You can just never get your way anymore nowadays.”

“I know.” I sighed.

“Just know that you’re welcome to stay here if you want… I’m really, really sorry what happened to your friend. I don’t know how to repay you.” Karen told me.

“I don’t even know anymore…” I muttered. “He seems like he’s telling the truth. You know, Billy.”

“Trust me, he is.” Karen was quick to respond. “Billy… he isn’t the smartest. He lacks a bit of common sense. But he’s the nicest and most caring person you’ll ever meet. I can’t remember one time where he’s gotten angry at the slightest. He’s always trying to keep the mood positive and avoid any depressing moments. I’m sure he’d be great to help you right now, if he wasn’t so… you know, depressed…”

“Yeah… I’m sure he is a good guy… but I’m just too fed up with what he did… he flat out killed a close friend of mine. And I’m taking it a bit hard.” I told her.

“I can tell.” Karen placed her hand on my shoulder. “Just know you’re safe… I can understand where you’re coming from. I don’t blame you for being mad. I’m sorry about Trevor.”

“Who is that guy anyway?” I asked her.

“Trevor? He’s my brother.” Karen answered. “He can get like that sometimes… by sometimes, I mean pretty much all the time… I’m sorry for him. He’s just had it a bit rough and he’s really protective of me and his friends.”

“I guess I can understand.” I mumbled. “What about Billy?”

“Oh, I’m not related to Billy. Neither is Trevor.” Karen answered. “I was out with Trevor, and we were hunting for food. Well, those dead things came out of nowhere, and surrounded us… we were too scared to do anything with our guns, and I thought we were gonna die. But out of nowhere, Billy came to the rescue and killed them. He saved our lives. That’s why us, and especially Trevor, is protective of him. He’s a good guy, trust me…”

“It’ll take me some time to forgive him.” I told her. “Just watch out for Katrina… you know, that girl who was angry. She was closer to Nick than anybody.”

“Nick? Is that...” Karen asked.

“Yeah, the man that Billy killed.” I replied.

“I’m really sorry for that.” Karen apologized again.

“I heard ya the first time.” I let out a very, very small chuckle.

“Yeah, well… come downstairs. The basement isn’t bad at all, trust me. We just never expected to have any guests. Take a look.” Karen said as she walked out of the room.

I followed her downstairs, where she led me into the basement. As she had said, it was actually nice. However, there wasn’t enough couches/beds to fit all of us. But luckily, the basement was carpeted.

“Alright, guys… it’s around four in the morning, and I know everyone isn’t in the best mood… just try to get some sleep. If you need anything, come upstairs and get us. Goodnight.” Karen turned off the lights and went upstairs.

All of us remained silent. No one wanted to talk about it. We all scattered about on the floor, and searched for a place to get comfy.

March 16th, 2017. 4:23 A.M.

I was still awake. I couldn’t fall asleep. I was pretty sure I was the only one awake. That was until I could barely see someone crawling over to me. ‘Hello?” I whispered.

“It’s me.” I heard Katrina’s voice respond in a whisper.

“Oh, hey Kat… you doing alright?” I asked her.

“Fuck no.” Katrina replied bluntly. “But I wanted to apologize for getting mad before… it’s just that… I can’t believe he’s gone.”

“It’s completely fine.” I said. “I was starting to take responsibility anyway.”

Katrina finally made her way to me, and laid next to me. She wrapped her arm around me. “I just need someone to be with right now… I’m sorry.”

I reciprocated Katrina’s actions. “It’s okay… we can all need someone right now.”

Katrina took a deep breath. “Thing is… I’ve considered you as my second brother, Tony .You’ve been there for me all the time. You’ve done everything for me. You’ve saved me when it mattered. You’ve sided with me when it mattered. And I know what just happened an hour ago kind of overshadowed all of it… I just want you to know I haven’t forgotten all that you’ve done. It’s been kind of nice knowing that I have you… you know, now that Nick is gone… I feel like I can turn to you now.”

I wasn’t sure what Katrina was exactly trying to say. “Well… yeah… I’ve always liked you a lot, as a friend and all. You’ve always been there for me as well.”

“You sure you do, just as a friend?” Katrina let out a very small giggle.

“You okay, Kat?” I asked her.

“Yeah… yeah… I’m sorry. It just seems that I’ve forgotten what’s happened… just by talking to you. Do you understand what I’m trying to say?” Katrina asked me.

“Well.. I think I do…” I told her.

“Good.” A small smile grew on Katrina’s face. “I hope you don’t mind me sleeping here.”

“I don’t mind.” I said.

Katrina looked at me. I was expecting her to say something, but she didn’t. She had a look on her face, as if she was waiting for me to do something. I was confused at first, but then it kind of got to me. All the things she has just done and said to me… is this how she really felt? Was I willing to do the same? Katrina had me puzzled…

[Kiss Katrina] [Hug Katrina] [Thank Katrina] [Do nothing and go to sleep]

• edited November 2015

[Kiss Katrina]

Why not?

Partition posted: »

Chapter 6: Part 5 March 16th, 2017. 3:34 A.M. [Hurt him and follow him to the lodge] I clenched my fist in anger, and walked up to

• [Kiss Katrina]

Chapter 6: Part 5 March 16th, 2017. 3:34 A.M. [Hurt him and follow him to the lodge] I clenched my fist in anger, and walked up to

• [Kiss Katrina]

C'mon dude, now's your chance. I think. It's pretty obvious that she likes him, so, yeah. Reasoning out the window.

Great part!

• [Kiss Katrina]

Of course Tony's gonna go for it! ;) She could be just seeking comfort from someone she feels particularly close to after her brother's death and she kinda did say she considered Tony a brother but hey... you never know until you try.

Gotta say, this chapter was a perfect, perfect way to introduce a new set of characters for background on Billy. It's quite unfortunate that he has tried to save a group of people twice, with one coming off splendidly and the other not going so well.

• [Kiss Katrina]

• edited November 2015

[Kiss Katrina]

First of all, I have been shipping them for a while now and it's great to see that this ship is finally about to sail :D Most likely at least. I mean, there is a tiny chance left that she actually just wants some comfort after what happened and that kissing her will make things awkward between them, but I doubt it. And even then, Tony will never know if he does not go for it now. Kat obviously likes him, so there's good chances for them. I can't say anything else about this, it's just wonderful :´)

Now the rest of the part... at first I found it hard to even comment on it, because the feels I had for the majority of the part have been greatly overshadowed by the feels I got for the ending. But well... I know two people who will die and their names are Billy and Trevor. As happy as I feel after reading the ending of this part, that naturally does not change my opinion about Billy the bastard in the slightest and I want him dead more than ever and more painful than ever. I admit, it looks I have been wrong with my assumption that he leads them into a trap. However, everything else I said about him still applies. I am not even convinced that it really was an accident and even if it was, that doesn't change a fucking thing. He has to be treated like any other villain the group encountered. We should have killed him immediately, because now he continues to be a moronic waste of space until he finally gets what he deserves. He killed Nick and only his death can make up for it, period. He can't live, he mustn't live, for peaceful coexistence with him is impossible. For the sake of the group, he has to die and he deserves to die. If he has any decency left at all, he should shoot himself in his stupidly worthless head before the group has to waste a bullet on that pathethic monster. And then there is Trevor. I know Trevor from another story and I know, Trevor is not a good person. In fact, if he is anything like the Trevor Moore I know, then he is almost as bad as Billy the bastard, if not worse. He is, at the very least, an obnoxious asshole, as he showed in this part. That means, if he starts being a problem, and I am willing to bet that he will start being a problem soon, they have to get rid of him. Karen is the only one from that group who may deserves to live, at least as long as she knows how to behave. But of course, they have to get rid of Billy above everything else, because his mere presence is like cancer. Kill Bill, so to say.

Finally, the whole group was glorious in this part. Tony's reaction towards Billy, as much as I would have liked for him to kill him on spot, was sweet and he shouldn't have stopped. Kat kicking that monster straight in the face was wonderful. And then there were the reactions from the other group members. Dom had probably the best reaction and he once again proved why he is such a great guy, when his first reaction was to try and give that murderer what he deserves. Eric, Dylan and even Dan proclaiming that they will never make peace with that scumbag was wonderful and it made me like these characters even more. In Dan's case, this was especially noticeable for me, since he only joined the group after their escape from Ashton's community and therefore, was the one who knew Nick the least. And even though I disapproved of her slightly standing in the way of justice, Samantha deserves special mention for what she pulled off in this part. First of all, she manages to hold an angry Katrina back, something which Dexter barely managed to do back in Chapter 3. But on top of that, she also manages to hold Tony back as well, at the same time. Not bad for someone whom I have previously seen as the weakest member of the group aside from Santiago. Not bad at all.

• [Kiss Katrina] Go for it Tony, you can do it! I hope this was really her intention or else it is going to be embarassing for both. The thought is kinda funny :D

Great part! I think Billy is going to cause trouble in the group because this part showed that Katrina is not the only one who will never forgive him. It looks like at least half of the group wants him dead and now that we know a bit about him, I am completely onboard on this. Maybe he had really no bad intentions but he fucked up so badly that it doesnt matter anymore. And hell no, not Trevor. When I read his name, I knew that things are about to get even worse.

• Hey guys, sorry for the inactivity. It's just been a long 2 weeks. New part will be out tomorrow!

• edited December 2015

Hey guys, sorry for the inactivity. It's just been a long 2 weeks. New part will be out tomorrow!

Yeah, uh... to be honest, I have no idea why I promised that. Probably because I felt bad for the unusually long wait. I posted that Saturday night, knowing that I would be out for the entire Sunday. And then, I remembered that I had finals this week, and I've been doing nothing but studying, which explains my inactivity. Again, I really don't know what I was thinking. I apologize for that.

However, I also wanted to make this update because, well... I think there's something wrong with my computer. The battery is slowly dying, no matter how much I charge it. And a computer battery is quite a lot of cash. So, this basically means that my battery might be dead for a while; meaning that I won't be able to be active at all on the forum. I really, REALLY hate this. However, there are some good news. I think I may be able to prevent it. Since tomorrow is Friday and the end of finals, I can finally start writing again. I can promise a new part tomorrow. However, if I'm not active at all for about a week or two, it's because my battery died. I will most likely make another update from my phone or something, but it's very hard to navigate the forum on my phone. So my computer is basically my only source to the forum.

As always, I appreciate your patience. I promise for a new part tomorrow and I just hope that I'll be able to save my computer from dying completely. Thanks!

• Chapter 6: Part 6

March 16th, 2017. 4:27 A.M.

[Kiss Katrina]

I made eye contact with Katrina. Her light blue eyes stared deeply into mine. I found myself leaning in, and felt our lips touch. I closed my eyes, and we remained in an unbreakable lip lock.

We finally broke contact after about 10 seconds. I didn’t really know what to say…

“That was… nice.” Katrina smiled.

“It was.” I smiled back.

Katrina held my hand and closed her eyes. “I miss Nick…”

“We all do.” I whispered to her. “Just try not to think about it… we’re all here for you. I’m here for you.”

“I know, and I appreciate it… but, I can’t just stop thinking about it… he was my brother, Tony…” Katrina replied to my comment.

“I know that…” I told her.

“It doesn’t seem like it.” Katrina opened her eyes again.

“Well… I’ve never had a brother. Or a sister. And I wouldn’t know how it feels like to lose someone like that. Especially when you’re that close.” I confessed. “I’m just saying what I would do… and I know it’s not easy to just push it aside. But it’s the only thing I can think of in this case…”

“I see where you’re coming from…” Katrina replied softly. “I’m just gonna try and go to sleep now… goodnight.”

“Goodnight.” I closed my eyes and fell asleep rather quickly.

March 16th, 2017. 9:48 A.M.

“Guys, hey, guys, you gotta get up.” I found myself being poked. I turned around to see a face I did not want to see. It was Billy.

“Good morning.” He waved. “Come on, Trevor wants to speak with you guys upstairs.”

Katrina now woke up. She turned around and faced Billy. “Get the fuck out of my face.” Katrina kicked him to the ground.

Billy didn’t bother to fight back. He stood back up and spoke again. “How many times do I have to say sorry? You think I’m happy that I killed an innocent man for no reason?” He said in a shaky voice.

“Just shut up.” Katrina put her hand up. “You really have the nerve to come down here and wake up me after what happened last night. And you know what you did.”

Billy shook his head in disappointment. “Karen made me come down here and wake you guys up. She said it would be better for me to do it so that I can bond with all of you and build a better relationship.”

“She’s stupid then.” Katrina sneered. “You’re just making it all worse by forcefully waking us up.”

Billy had a disgusted expression on his face. “Don’t you dare call Karen stupid! And I did not forcefully wake you up. I gently poked him…”

“BILLY! WHERE ARE THEY?!” Trevor yelled down to the basement.

“They’re…. they’re coming now! Just… hold on a sec!” Billy yelled back up. This awoke pretty much everyone. “Come on, guys… just, please follow me upstairs and let’s stop fighting, please…”

“How about you-” Katrina began to say, but I cut her off.

“Stop, Katrina… let’s just go upstairs right now. You can talk with Billy later.” I told her.

The room fell silent for a couple of seconds. Billy broke the silence. “Come on guys…”

We all followed Billy upstairs to the living room area. Trevor was sitting on the couch while Karen was frying something in a pan.

“Hey, uh… what are you frying?” Adam asked.

“Oh, I’m making pancakes. You don’t have a problem with that, right?” Karen responded.

“Wait… pancakes?!” Eric seemed shocked.

“Yeah.” Karen shrugged. “It ain’t hard. And we have lots of ingredients.”

“But… how?” Eric asked.

“Well.” Karen began. “Like I said, we have the ingredients. And we get the syrup from the maple trees around here. Billy knows all about that stuff.”

“Alright, enough with the questions.” Trevor walked in. “We need to settle this.”

“Settle what?” Dylan asked.

“You guys.” Trevor pointed at us. “What’s the deal with you? You guys are leaving, right?”

“Uh… no, we aren’t.” Dylan stepped up.

“What? You’re out of your mind.” Trevor got angry.

“Your buddy Billy here promised us that we can stay here.” Dylan crossed his arms. Billy looked away.

“Oh, yeah…” Trevor slammed his fist on the table. “Fuck!”

“Calm down, Trevor. You’re doing a bad job at making them feel comfortable.” Karen shouted from across the kitchen.

“I don’t give a shit if they’re comfortable or not! We can’t let… uh…” Trevor pointed and counted all of us. “We can’t let thirteen extra people living with us now! We don’t have enough food or supplies!”

“Well, we gotta live with it.” Karen sighed. “We owe them after murdering one of their friends.”

Billy shook his head. “Can we please stop bringing that up? I already feel extremely guilty.”

“We aren’t gonna stop bringing it up.” Dom growled. “You’re the reason we’re here! You’re the reason we’re in this mess!”

“Alright, stop!” Trevor raised his voice. “If you guys are gonna stay here, I expect you to respect us! Yes, that includes Billy. He’s sorry for what he did. We’re sorry too. But if you can’t be grateful that we’re letting you stay here, then we can just kick you out right now.”

None of us bothered to argue with him. We didn’t want to take the risk of being thrown out on our first day.

“Breakfast is ready.” Karen announced. “Everyone sit.”

We all sat at the large table. It was big enough to fit all of us. Karen served us our pancakes and our syrup. The pancakes didn’t look too bad. The syrup was sealed in tupperware. We had to remove the lid and gently pour it onto our pancakes to prevent a large amount from spilling.

“So, what’s up with you guys? What’s your story?” Karen asked.

“Well, uh…” I started to say, but I was cut off by Trevor.

“Do we really need to know this?” Trevor whined.

“Hey.” Dom narrowed his eyes on Trevor. “This is why we aren’t gonna respect you. How about you respect us?”

“Don’t talk back to me.” Trevor glared at Dom. “I own this place. You have no power.”

“So… you’re saying that you can be a complete asshole to us, but we have to be nice to you?” Dom asked.

“Yep.” Trevor sat back and smiled.

“Stop being an ass.” Karen gave Trevor a light shove. “Go ahead, guys.”

“Well…” I began. “I was laying down watching a baseball game one night. And then, those dead things start breaking into my house. My friend Eric and I search the area and we stumble upon Katrina here, along with Dom and Tom. Adam shows up later.”

“We met other people, but unfortunately they didn’t make it… anyway, we were forced to stay at this hellish community that was ran by some psycho. I remember his name was Ashton. And he had a right hand man named Dexter. These people were horrible. They were ruthless. We lost a few friends there… but we managed to meet Dylan and he helped us escape.” I continued.

“We met more people at Ashton’s… including Santiago, Ryan, Samantha, and Deryck. After we escaped, we were living on the streets. But then… we were captured by someone even worse. This guy was Fredrik... this happened about a week ago, I believe. He was even worse than Ashton. He killed more people from my group than anyone else did. Even more than the dead things did. Our leader sacrificed himself to let us escape… and we were living on the streets again for a few days, until last night happened…” I finished.

“Wow.” Karen seemed speechless. “That’s a lot to go through… I’m sorry to hear that. It’s never easy to go through shit like that.”

“Tell me about it.” I emphasised.

“These are good ass pancakes.” Eric commented.

“Thanks.” Karen smiled. “I’ve always liked making breakfast for people.”

“Make sure to conserve the syrup.” Trevor said. “Extruding that from the trees ain’t easy.”

“We’re not, don’t worry.” Adam informed.

“Good.” Trevor stated. “We only have a couple of these left, right?”

“Actually....” Karen trailed off.

“What do you mean ‘actually’?” Trevor seemed concerned.

“This is the last of it…” Karen told Trevor.

“What?!” Trevor jumped up. “How much meat do we have left?”

“We’re running out of that too.” Karen shook her head.

“But… how?!” Trevor was fuming. “And now we have all of these people to feed!”

“Don’t worry Trevor, I’ll go hunting right now. I’m done with my pancakes.” Billy got up.

“You sure about that?” Trevor asked.

“Yeah. I can go by myself.” Billy went to grab his rifle. The same rifle that he used to shoot Nick.

“I don’t like you going by yourself.” Karen told Billy.

“Don’t worry Karen, I’m fine.” Billy insisted.

“You shouldn’t go alone. We need more food than I thought.” Karen told him.

“I doubt anyone wants to come. I can handle it, trust me.” Billy made his way towards the door.

I sighed, as I knew this would somehow come down to me. I wanted to make a good impression on these people, and I guess an extra hand can help with the hunting, but out of all people… it had to be Billy? Ugh…

[Go hunting with Billy] [Stay at the lodge]

• [Go hunting with Billy]

Chapter 6: Part 6 March 16th, 2017. 4:27 A.M. [Kiss Katrina] I made eye contact with Katrina. Her light blue eyes stared deeply int

• edited March 2016

Awesome part :D It's great that this story is back!

As for this part, it seems that Kat is not yet ready for a relationship. That's understandable. She clearly has feelings for Tony, so I guess he just needs to give her some time. That was a sweet part. Billy on the other hand somehow managed to get even lower in my opinion thanks to his actions in this part. Seriously, he is not only beyond redemption, he also once again displayed that he has zero even remotely sympathetic traits. These half-assed apologies only make me want to kill him more painfully. He is now literally more evil than Dexter, Ashton and Fredrik combined. Specifically, there was this sentence that amplified my hatred against him even more:

“How many times do I have to say sorry? You think I’m happy that I killed an innocent man for no reason?” He said in a shaky voice.

So, it looks like he seriously believes that he just has to apologize enough and everyone will forgive him, huh? If he has any humanity left in him, he should just put a gun to his worthless head and pull the trigger. The fact that he still dares to live proves to me that he murdered Nick on purpose, or at the very least, that he isn't sorry at all. Similarly, this part gave me a hatred for Karen as well. She is just as retarded as Billy. I mean, at first I thought she would be less horrible than Billy and Trevor. But the fact that she seriously thinks that Billy can be forgiven and that she wants him to spend time with the group makes me really want to kill her. It is kinda ironic, I know that Trevor is almost as disgusting as Billy, maybe even more, but for some reason, he is currently the one member of his fucking group of soon-to-be dead people who makes any sense at all. He seems to be the only one who realizes that there can be no peace between the groups. Tony's group should just kill them all and take over the lodge that is rightfully theirs. That would be justice.

[Stay at the lodge]

No, simply no. I hope Billy gets a pathetic offscreen death because of this decision. Maybe I miss an opportunity to kill him and make it look like an accident, but I don't want Tony to even spend time with that fucking asshole. Also, he really should keep an eye on that piece of shit Trevor before he causes trouble. Maybe if he hunts with Billy, he gets a chance to get justice for Nick by shooting him in the back, but I fear that the opposite could happen and Tony ends up forgiving him, or at least partially forgiving him. That is the wost case scenario at the moment, because any kind of redemption for Billy is impossible. That guy is the most evil fucker they ever encountered and he must die, preferrably in unimaginable agony. And even better would be if he realizes before his death that he dies because he is a complete piece of shit and because he murdered Nick. Now that I think about it, while it would be nice if Tony is the one to kill Billy, Kat deserves it even more to get revenge.

Chapter 6: Part 6 March 16th, 2017. 4:27 A.M. [Kiss Katrina] I made eye contact with Katrina. Her light blue eyes stared deeply int

If they want a chance at staying at this place, they have to show they're not just going to sit on their asses. I'm the 'forgive and not forget' type, we'll see how this goes.

Great part!

• [Stay at the lodge]

They dont need to prove anything to these people. Billy should just die already and I hope they kill him soon, Trevor is a very bad person and it looks like Karen already accepted the group at the lodge. I agree that Tony should keep an eye on Trevor. He is not only a bad person but also very dangerous and maybe the presence of Tony can prevent him from harming the group.

• [Stay at the lodge]

Nah, Billy's on his own on this one. He has to earn a certain level of trust to go out hunting with him, which can't happen in a day. Besides, the group's a bit fragile with all the death. Best stick together and keep the stronger characters around. That includes Tony.

• [Stay at the lodge]

Don't want Trevor messing with anyone in the group.

• Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to everyone. Spend time with your family, and just have a fun time. Remember, Christmas is all about giving. Show your parents, siblings, cousins, anyone you care about how much you love them. Since it is Christmas, I don't know if I can get a new part out today. But if I can't, I will most likely get a part out tomorrow. Have a great day!

• Chapter 6: Part 7

March 16th, 2017. 10:03 A.M.

[Stay at the lodge]

I remained silent as I watched Billy exit the lodge. I couldn’t really care for what happened to him as of now. But hey, if he was able to get more food for us, I’m all for it.

“Thanks for that breakfast.” Samantha thanked Karen. The rest of us thanked her afterwards.

“No problem.” Karen smiled.

“So…” Eric began to say. “What do you guys do for fun?”

“For fun?” Trevor repeated Eric’s question. “Not much. We talk. Sleep. Eat. Go outside.”

“Is that it?” Eric asked another question.

“Well, what else is there to do? You do realize that we live in the middle of an apocalypse, right?” Trevor shook his head.

“Dick.” Eric muttered under his breath.

Trevor eyed Eric, and seemed to hear his comment. “Hmm… what do YOU do for fun?”

Eric paused for about five seconds, and then spoke. “Well, come to think of it, we haven’t really had a chance to have fun… we were always on the road, or in some community… but in the early days, we at least had some board games, some cards, and a decent group of people.”

“A decent group of people, eh?” Trevor repeated. “What is that supposed to mean?”

“You know, like, six or seven people. That’s the perfect amount.” Eric responded. “Including the guy that Billy murdered.”

“I told you to shut the fuck up about that.” Trevor got out of his chair. “You guys are crazy if you think you’re staying here.”

“Ugh, excuse him.” I decided to speak. “Eric, cut it out.”

“What is it with you and these guys Tony? These guys murdered Nick for fuck’s sake!” Eric raised his voice.

“I know… but we NEED a place to stay. So cut the shit!” I gestured.

“That’s it.” Trevor went over to Eric and picked him up completely.

“Let go of me!” Eric kicked and punched.

“Gah!” Trevor threw him out in the front and locked the door shut.

“Alright Trevor, enough fun and games. Let him back in.” I confronted Trevor.

“Not after what he just said.” Trevor crossed his arms. “You wanna go out there too?”

“When are you gonna let him back in?” I asked.

“He ain’t coming back in.” Trevor replied.

“No.” I simply said. I rushed to the door and unlocked it, but was pushed outside by Trevor.

“Nice try.” Trevor said as I fell to the ground, and slammed the door shut. I ran back up to the door, and tried to open it. Of course, it was locked. “Let me in!”

No response.

“Fuck that guy!” Eric shouted from behind me.

“Shut up, Eric. You started this shit!” I turned back and told him.

“Come on Tony, you’re really gonna stay with these guys? They murdered-” Eric began to say but I cut him off.

“I know they killed Nick! But we HAVE to stay here! We can’t stand a chance on the road again! As much as I don’t like these guys, this is a necessity.” I explained.

“Whatever.” Eric sighed. “What are we gonna do now?”

“There’s gotta be a way inside somehow.” I said.

“Hey man, we can’t sneak in. It’ll just hurt our chances of them forgiving us even more.” Eric told me.

“That Trevor guy isn’t gonna forgive us.” I responded.

“You’re probably right.” Eric agreed with me. “But what about Karen? She seems understanding.”

“Yeah, but her brother is gonna stop her. It seems like he runs the place.” I assumed.

“Well the what the fuck are we gonna do?” Eric was starting to get angry.

I looked around the lodge, and spotted an open window to the side of the house. “Follow me.” I said, as I approached the window.

I peeked inside, and it viewed the living room. Nothing was going on. I couldn’t see anyone. That was until Mina and Dan walked into the room. I tapped on the window slightly.

Both of their head’s shifted towards our direction. Dan approached with Mina behind him and opened the window.

“Guys, you need to get us back in there.” I told them.

“I know, I know, we’re working on it…” Dan informed me. “Trevor doesn’t want to hear any more of it.”

“Ugh, why does he love Billy so much? The guy is a piece of shit anyway.” Eric grumbled.

“Well, he did say he saved his life.” Mina reminded us.

“Yeah, but still. He can’t deny what he did.” Eric fought back.

“Alright guys, enough.” I stopped the two from conversing. “We just REALLY need to get back in there. Does he intend on keeping us out here forever?”

“Uh…” Dan trailed off.

“What is it?” I asked.

“You’re right…” Mina finished Dan’s sentence. “When we asked, he said he doesn’t plan on letting you guys back in.”

“Are you kidding me?” Eric stomped on the ground. “What the fuck is wrong with him? He’s gonna leave us out here to die? Just because I was pointing out the truth?”

“He seems like he has a temper.” Mina pointed out.

“No fucking shit.” Eric picked up a twig and threw it.

“Hmmm… I don’t know when Billy will be back, but when he does, maybe he’ll let you in?” Dan hypothesized.

“I don’t know.” I shrugged. “I don’t know if he has any beef with us.”

“I don’t think he does.” Mina told us. “He knows how much he fucked up.”

“That’s true.” I nodded.

“I’m not waiting all day for him to come back.” Eric raised his hands.

“It may be our only option.” I said.

“He’s right…” Mina agreed with me.

“Well, just try to-” Dan started to say but then quickly changed the subject. “Shit, I think Trevor is coming. Good luck, if you have any problems just come to this window, we’ll be checking,” He and Mina scampered away.

Eric and I walked back to the front of the lodge. “Well, I guess we gotta wait now.”

Eric sat against a nearby tree and sighed. “What have we gotten ourselves into?”

“WE haven’t gotten ourselves into anything.” I told him. “Shit just happens.”

“Yeah.” Eric said in an angry tone. “That’s the story of what we’ve been going through since day one. Nothing good has happened since Braxton’s cabin. How long ago was that, months?”

“Yep.” I nodded. “Months. I don’t think Adam still has that calendar he made on him.”

Eric now stood up from the tree and began to look around. “Wanna go explore?”

“Explore?” I repeated. “I don’t wanna get lost.”

“I’m not gonna go too far.” Eric assured me. “Let’s go.”

“Wait.” I stopped him. “What if they look out here and we aren’t here? What if they change their minds and let us in?”

“I doubt that.” Eric insisted. “I’m not going far at all. I’m not gonna leave the lodge’s sight. I just wanna look around.”

Eric began to walk around, and I followed him. I kept looking back at the lodge in case anything happened.

“Damn, I can’t see anything that’s man-made. All woods.” Eric pointed out.

“Yeah.” I said while looking around. “How does Billy know where he is?”

“I have no idea.” Eric replied. “He’s gonna come back, right?”

“I’d think he is.” I answered. “Apparently he has gone out before.”

“Okay, okay…” Eric said as he circled around the lodge. “Hopefully we aren’t stuck out here until night time. This seems pretty scary.”

“True that.” I told him. “Fuck this, man.”

“I don’t even know if I want to stay here. Not with these people.” Eric shook his head.

“I don’t know either.” I told him. “But like I said before… we have no other option. Unless you wanna go on the road and back into that shitty run down town again.”

“Ugh…” Eric groaned. “I feel like we just won’t get along with these people. Especially after how we met.”

“Yeah, well-” I began to say but I noticed something through the trees. It was a tall figure. I couldn’t make out too many facial features, but I can tell it was a man. I was also able to tell that he was pretty muscular. He had a backpack strapped to his back as well, with a machete strapped alongside it. It definitely wasn’t Billy.

“Who is that?” Eric whispered to me.

“I don’t know...” I shrugged.

The figure turned towards us, and approached us. He raised a pistol and aimed it at us. “Who are you? What are you doing out here?”

I got a better look at the man. He had black hair and green eyes, and looked pretty young. He was definitely in his early twenties. He seemed like a survivalist.

“Excuse me, you can’t just walk up to us uninvited and threaten us!” Eric protested.

The man looked at Eric. “Great. You’re one of those kind of people.”

“Can you just tell us who you are?” I asked.

“... I’m John Lottmann. Now can you tell me who you are?” The man named John replied, as he lowered his gun.

“I’m Tony. That’s Eric.” I answered.

“Are you guys staying at that lodge?” John asked.

“We were…” I responded.

“The assholes who stay there kicked us out.” Eric answered for me.

“Really?” John asked. “Well, I need a place to stay…”

“Where are you from? Are you with a group?” I questioned.

“Nope. Been surviving on my own ever since this shit started. My family passed away early on and I promised them I’d stay alive… and I’ve been doing whatever it takes to do just that.” John replied. “It’d be nice to have a group to be with though… as long as I can trust ya’ll.”

This guy seemed like he was trustable. Eric and I weren’t armed, though. This guy can shoot us right here on the spot. But I doubt he’d do that.

“Well, the rest of our group is in that lodge.” I told John. “We met the three people who are staying there last night. And one of them ‘accidentally’ killed one of my best friends… and we got a bit fed up. Now they kicked us out.”

“Really?” John seemed a bit shocked. “That’s fucked up, man.”

“I know!” Eric sided. “And they don’t plan on letting us back in either.”

“Why don’t you guys just walk away right now?” John asked.

“Uh, we just told you.” Eric responded. “Our group is in there. And we’d have nowhere to go.”

John smacked his lips. “Want me to shoot down one of those windows?”

“Are you fucking serious?” Eric said, dumbfounded. “That’s a terrible idea!”

“Well how else are you gonna get in if you told me he isn’t letting you guys back inside?” John got defensive.

“We don’t wanna get the rest of our group killed.” I told John.

John paused for a bit, and then spoke. “I got it.”

John ran up to the door, and we followed him. “Wait, John!” I tried to stop him.

John knocked on the door, and shouted, “Open the fucking door!”

In about ten seconds, the door swung open with Karen standing in the doorway.

“Are you guys really planning on leaving these people out here to die?” John asked, angry.

“It wasn’t my idea!” Karen denied. “I was trying to get them back in here. It was my brother… come inside.”

Everyone else rushed to the door, and Trevor became furious. “Karen! What the fuck are you doing? Who is this guy!? And I told you to stay outside! OUT! SIDE!”

“Calm the fuck down!” Eric told Trevor. “We JUST met this guy. He noticed us standing outside with nowhere to go. And you’re not locking us out again.”

“I don’t want more fucking people in our lodge!” Trevor yelled.

“You seem like a fucking psychopath. I don’t wanna stay…” John said as he began to step outside.

This pissed Trevor off even more. “What did you just call me? This no name steps into MY lodge and calls me a psychopath?!” Trevor got a hold of John’s collar and pulled him back inside.

“Enough!” Karen shouted as he split the two apart, and the room fell silent. “Are we going to act like maniacs, or civilized people?”

“Karen, you’re missing the point!” Trevor raised his voice to his sister.

“YOU’RE missing the point, Trevor.” Karen narrowed her eyes on Trevor. “Don’t you remember what we did to them? Can you stop acting like a maniac and make these people suffer more?”

“Karen! These people insulted us while we were having breakfast!” Trevor tried to persuade Karen.

“Not really!” Karen defended us. “And can you blame them? Billy kills one of their friends and you start acting like a fucking douchebag! What do you expect? At least I have common sense and I’m willing to make up for what we did to them.”

Trevor let out a huge sigh, and ultimately gave up. “I can’t believe you’re favoring these people over your own group… I don’t give a shit if they stay. As long as they pick up their attitude…” Trevor groaned and walked away.

“Ignore him… he’s just a grunch. I still feel awful about what happened…” Karen mumbled. “So, uh… who are you?”

“I’m John Lottmann.” John introduced himself.

“I’m Karen.” Karen introduced herself as well. The rest of us introduced ourselves. “You’re welcome to stay.”

John scratched the back of his head, and then spoke. “I appreciate the offer, but... I don’t know if I can. I’ve been on my own for as long as I can remember…”

“Didn’t you just say it’d be cool to be with a group?” I reminded him. “You seem like someone who can help us greatly.”

“Yeah, I know, it’s just that… uh…” John trailed off.

“It’s fine, man.” I assured him.

“I mean… do you want me to stay?” John asked.

“Well, I don’t want to force you here… if you enjoy being on your own…” I told him.

“No, that’s fine.” John insisted. “On second thought, I’ll stay if you want me to.”

[Let John stay] [Let John leave]

• [Let John stay]

Clearly he'd like to be a part of a group and who knows maybe he can help if Trevor starts acting crazy again.

Chapter 6: Part 7 March 16th, 2017. 10:03 A.M. [Stay at the lodge] I remained silent as I watched Billy exit the lodge. I couldn’t

• [Let John stay]

Safety in numbers and all that.

Great part!

Chapter 6: Part 7 March 16th, 2017. 10:03 A.M. [Stay at the lodge] I remained silent as I watched Billy exit the lodge. I couldn’t

• edited December 2015

“I know… but we NEED a place to stay. So cut the shit!” I gestured.

So... here's the thing that irritates me in Tony's behaviour and by extension, in the behaviour of everyone that is not Kat or Eric... Nick is dead, murdered by some fucking retard who should have been killed immediately afterwards, but who continues to live his worthless life on borrowed time for no reason. At the latest, Billy should have been butchered the moment they reached the lodge. The moment that retard whoreson murdered Nick, everything that previously belonged to him, including his useless life, stopped belonging to him. This includes the lodge. The lodge belongs to Tony's group now. Everything belongs to Tony's group now. Nick paid with his life for it, so there is no need for Tony to act as if Trevor has any power over who stays and who leaves. After what Billy the bastard did, he and his whole annoying group are nothing more than intruders and they have to be dealt with, permanently. Trevor in particular is someone whom I personally would have shot straight in the head the moment he stopped waving a gun in my face and the way he acts, there is little reason not to treat him like they treated Jessie or Cole. That guy is unbearably annoying. His dumb sister is even more annoying, because she is completely delusional at the same time. And the thing is, Tony's group outnumbers Trevor's group 4 to 1. Add to that, Karen seems to be too weak to do anything, I doubt she could even stop Santiago, while Kat is the only person that deserves to slaughter that bastard Billy. That leaves a dozen armed, dangerous badasses to deal with Trevor alone. Sure, he can be scary, but for the first time, the group outnumbers the bad guys by far. Tony's kissass act is unnecessary and the groups apparent fear of Trevor has no foundation. I mean, Tony does not really consider continuing to live with Trevor and Billy, right? I hope he does not consider leaving them alive and their actions unpunished. It is time that they take the lodge Nick died for and it is time that they painfully kill the fucker responsible. This is the only justifiable course of action.

On a positive side, Eric was amazing in this part. If he plays his cards right, he has good chances to become one of my favourite characters in this chapter. I never thought he would be the voice of reason, but in this part, he just achieved this position. He sees the things how they have to be.

[Let John stay]

Hey, look, it's the first new character in this chapter whom I don't want to kill :D Seriously, John sounds like a decent person and a good addition to the team. As soon as the group finally realizes that Billy and Trevor just have to die and as soon as they realize that nothing can stop them from doing so, extra manpower can't hurt.

• [Let John stay]

• [Let John stay]

• Man, oh man... Eric's doing exactly the things that made me dislike him initially, but he has a point. In fact, both he and Tony are in the right. There is likely never going to be complete peace between these groups, but they need a place to stay. It's not as if they're gonna kill them all and take the lodge for themselves, but the way things are going, Trevor is likely to be pushed over the edge. I don't know what his deal is. He should be doing everything he possibly can for this group and instead tries to absolve himself or Billy for Nick's death. Billy's done nothing but feel sorry for himself, he should just keep his head down.

[Let John stay]

Not necessarily our place to say who stays, but he seems alright.

• [Let John stay]

Oh man, Trevor is a bigger asshole than I thought. The situation is already about to escalate because of Billy and the way Trevor acts isnt making things any easier. But I dont understand why the group is so scared of him. They are a lot more and they have more weapons, so they shouldnt be so passive when Trevor is threatening to throw them out. It would have made more sense if they would have thrown Trevor out instead. Karen is a bit annoying but she is alright, unlike the rest of her group who are just annoying. In my opinion she is the only one from her group who has a chance to survive this chapter. After the events of this part, it is about time that they do something against Trevor and Billy because things are only getting worse as long as these two are alive.

• New part tomorrow. Not really any excuses as to why I've been absent this time, I just haven't had the time to come online. I just wanted to post this update to let you know that I haven't forgotten about the forum and vanished, lol.

• Hey guys, another update... I know you guys are getting sick of these, but this one is pretty big. My cousins are staying with me again, due to personal complications. Unfortunately this means that I won't be as active... as if I was active before this. Life has just been very busy with many things not going the right way lately. I apologize for this and I hope you understand. Luckily the next part is almost finished, and I'll try to get it out this week. Other than that, I'll still be able to write, but at a much slower pace. I'll also try to catch up on stories and such, but again, I don't know if I'll be able to do that consistently. I don't know how long they'll be staying for, it can vary from a few days to a few months, like last time. Don't worry though, like I said, I'll still keep trying to write and participate on the forum despite this, it just won't be as much for now. Thank you for understanding!

• edited August 2018

Chapter 6: Part 8

March 16th, 2017. 10:35 A.M.

[Let John stay]

“Why don’t you stay? We can use someone like you.” I told him.

John made a puzzled look on his face, and then let out a breath. “Alright, thanks…” He walked to explore the house.

Eric looked at Karen and began to speak. “Please do something with Trevor. The guy is out of his mind.”

“I don’t know what his problem is… I’ll speak to him.” Karen assured us.

“You better.” I told her. “That guy is going to bring us all down one day.”

Karen shook her head and walked into the kitchen area where Trevor went. That left our group in the entrance area.

“Okay, listen. We can’t stay with these people. I’m sorry, Tony. But these people are out of their minds.” Dan insisted.

“I know, but-” I began to say but Dan cut me off.

“I know! We need a place to stay. But if we stay with these people we’re gonna crumble apart.” He told me.

I hesitated, then spoke. “I guess you have a point… but where are we gonna go?” I asked.

“We don’t have to leave.” Dylan jumped in. “We just have to tell Trevor that he doesn’t run this house. We outnumber him.”

“What about Karen?” Samantha asked.

“She won’t know what to do. She isn’t brave enough to stand up to us.” Dylan said. “Billy will be even easier.”

“I kind of feel bad…” Samantha spoke softly.

“Why? Do you see how Trevor has been treating us?” Eric asked.

“Not him… I mean, Karen let us stay here and trusted us, and now we’re going to just take it over? It just doesn’t seem right to me…” Samantha replied.

“You don’t get it.” Katrina snarled. “They killed Nick. Billy is worthless. Trevor is an asshole. And Karen is clueless. Why should we feel bad?”

“They’re human.” Samantha pointed out.

“Nick was human.” Katrina snapped back.

Samantha stood there, defeated. She shook her head and spoke. “Fine... I don’t want to partake in any of it.”

“Partake in what?” Trevor entered the entrance area out of nowhere. “What are you guys talking about?”

“Nothing.” I responded. “What are you doing here?”

Trevor gave me a suspicious face. “I came to say that I apologize for my behavior. It was a bit over the top... “

“Do you really mean that?” I asked him.

“Yeah, I do.” Trevor crossed his arms.

I had a hard time believing that. Why would he regret what he’s done in a matter of minutes? I didn’t wanna question him and piss him off though. I just decided to go with it and if I caught something fishy, I’d act as I should.

“So now what?” Eric asked.

“Nothing.” Trevor shrugged. “Just hang out I guess.”

John appeared from the dining room area and re-entered the entrance area. “You guys got a nice place.”

“Thanks.” Karen smiled.

“You went around our house?” Trevor asked.

“Yeah…?” John replied a bit puzzled.

“... Ugh! Did you do anything? What if he planted a bomb or something?” Trevor panicked.

“Chill the fuck out.” John defended himself. “Why would I plant a bomb or do anything in a house I’ll be staying in?”

Trevor let out a disappointing sigh after John finished his sentence. “Right… I didn’t know we had another guest stay here…”

“Like I said, I can just leave.” John approached the door as if he was about to leave.

“No! Don’t worry… stay as long as you want. Matter of fact, got any friends who need a place to stay? Tell ‘em to come here! Because, why not?” Trevor chuckled out of sarcasm. He was creeping me out a bit.

“I might just do that… thanks!” John smiled. Trevor shook his head and walked away, pulling Karen with him.

“Don’t worry, my friends are dead.” John’s grin had faded away.

“Uh… sorry to hear…” Eric scratched the back of his head.

“No need to be awkward. I’m over it. I’ve been over it. I get over things easily.” John stated.

“Well… now what?” Adam asked.

“I don’t know.” Dylan answered.

“Just hang out.” I walked into the living room and plopped myself onto the couch. I let out a large sigh. I was still tired. I buried my head in a pillow and closed my eyes. I felt myself falling asleep until someone else plopped beside me as well. I lifted up the pillow and turned to see that it was Katrina.

“Oh, hey.” I said to her.

“Hi.” Katrina smiled.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

Katrina shrugged before giving an answer. “To lay here with you. I’m tired.”

“Me too. I hate getting up early.” I responded. “Especially after Trevor practically threw us out.”

“That was fucked up.” Katrina growled. “I hate these people. I want to leave.”

“You know, Kat…” I began to say. “I’ve been thinking about it. Is staying here with these people really worth it?”

“Not in my eyes.” Katrina said. “We can manage on our own. That town is better than this.”

“What about food and supplies though?” I questioned.

Katrina sighed. “Ugh… I don’t know, Tony. I’ve been so stressed out… you know why… and the situation that we’re in doesn’t make anything any better…”

“I feel you.” I nodded and sighed at the same time. “Nothing just feels right anymore.”

“Agreed.” Katrina rolled over on her back, and was now staring at the ceiling while talking. “So… what was that about last night?”

“Huh?” I asked. I knew she was talking about the kiss, but I pretended to not know for the moment.

“You know what I’m talking about.” She gave me a playful slap and let out a slight chuckle.

“I don’t.” I smiled and decided to play along.

“Come on, tell the truth.” Katrina insisted.

“Well… you seem like you needed it. And it also seemed like you were asking for it.” I told her in an odd way.

Katrina gave me a weird look. Great… I wasn’t so good with romantic things. Did I screw up?

“Well… you know… I kind of wanted to do it anyway…” I said in an obviously uneasy way.

Katrina laughed. “You sound so stupid.”

“Shut up.” I shook my head while smiling.

“Well, Tony.” Katrina turned and faced me now. “You know, since Nick is gone… you’re the person I care about the most now. I want someone that I can look to whenever I need to and feel comfortable with. You’re that guy.”

“I feel the same way, I guess. You’re one of my closest friends in the group as well, only besides Eric.” I told her.

“Friends?” Katrina pulled back a little with a shocked expression and grin on her face at the same time.

“Oh, well… you know what I mean.” I said with an awkward giggle. God, I was so bad at this...

“I know what you mean.” Katrina’s grin remained on her face as she jumped towards me, where the left side of her body was touching the right side of mine.

The room went silent for about ten seconds, before I found myself feeling restless. I guess I was a lot more tired than I thought I was. My eyes started to close and I found myself falling asleep, but Katrina put her hand in front of my face and snapped her fingers. “Don’t fall asleep!”

“Come on, I’m tired. You said you were too.” I told her.

“Yeah.. but I’m just having fun.” Katrina let out a small laugh..

“Me too Kat, I’m just exhausted, I’m sorry.” I told her.

“It’s fine.” Katrina hugged me and put her face into my chest. I saw her eyes close as she attempted to fall asleep. It felt good that there was now someone I can really rely on… I know how much Katrina can handle and how tough she is. I don’t think there was anyone else I’d rather be with.

I rested my head on the pillow and fell asleep.

March 16, 2017. 2:43 P.M.

“Guys, wake up.” I felt a shake as I opened my eyes. Karen hovered above Katrina and I. “You guys have been asleep for two hours.”

“Oh. Sorry about that.” I apologized.

“No need to apologize, that’s fine. You can sleep all you want.” Karen told me. “It’s just that… Billy isn’t back yet and we’re worried.”

“He’s not?” I was asked.

“Good.” Katrina said in a grumpy tone.

This upset Karen. “Listen, I know you hate him, but he’s our friend. Can you please not bad mouth him every time we mention him? You can talk about how much you despise him but not in front of us please…”

“Whatever.” Katrina rolled her eyes.

“So now what?” I asked another question.

“We’re gonna go look for him.” Karen replied.

“Oh hell no.” Katrina shook her head. “I’m not going to risk my life to find the guy who killed my brother.”

“Well, Trevor and I care for him. And we aren’t going to go and leave you guys alone in OUR lodge.” Karen got a bit feisty.

“Isn’t it all of our lodge now?” I asked again.

“Well… I mean, you’ve been here for a day. Trevor doesn’t completely trust you guys yet.” Karen said.

“No shit.” Katrina sneered.

“So whether you like it or not, you’re coming with us. We’ll all be together. No one is gonna get hurt.” Karen informed us.

“Don’t you think it’s a bit dangerous to leave the lodge unattended?” I pointed out.

“What do you mean?” Karen asked.

“What if someone stumbles by and checks it out and on one is there? They have lots of food and supplies to steal.” I told her.

“Don’t worry, that isn’t gonna happen. We’re pretty isolated.” Karen crossed her arms.

“What are you talking about? Tony met John right outside of your lodge literally two hours ago.” Katrina defended me.

Karen opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out. This time, she spoke. “You have a point... “

“What’s taking so long with these two?” Trevor barged into the living room.

“They make a good point, Trevor. We can’t leave the lodge unattended. Especially after they just met John.” Karen told him.

“Gar…. fuck!” Trevor grumbled. “Alright… Karen, you’ll stay at the lodge yourself. I’m going and looking for Billy whether anyone likes it or not.”

“I’m not staying here myself! What if a group of bandits or something raid the place and kill me? I can’t defend it all by myself.” Karen stood her ground.

“Fine… we’ll leave you and half of the group here, and the other half and I will search. I’m taking John, Adam, Deryck, Dylan, Dan, and Samantha. They're coming with me whether they like it or not. I would bring Dom with me but Tom insists he doesn’t go.” Trevor told us.

“Way to take all of the experienced people.” Karen hissed. “I need someone capable of helping me defend in case anything goes to shit.”

“I doubt they want to go.” Trevor pointed to Katrina and I. “If they do, I’ll let Dylan stay with you guys.”

“I’m doing whatever you want to do Tony, but I’d much rather stay here than looking for… you know who.” Katrina told me. “I think our guys will be fine.”

[Go with Trevor and look for Billy] [Stay at the lodge with Karen]

• Yeah a new part! And a long part too :)

I'm sorry, but this is just a difficult decision I'm going to have to mull over for a bit. There's two main reasons it's difficult.

One is that my thinking is not of Billy's safety, but the members of the group that are searching for him. Surely you do not need to take that many for just a search party? And all the experienced, strong members at that? I don't like it. It seems fishy.

Two, why does he insist on leaving Dylan behind if both Tony and Katrina go? Unless he has no knowledge that Tony and Dylan are both defacto leaders of the group, it's strange that them two being split up should be a thing. I get the feeling he may have actually heard the conversation the group had, which may end badly.

Kudos @Partition, you've made this extremely difficult for me :P

Chapter 6: Part 8 March 16th, 2017. 10:35 A.M. [Let John stay] “Why don’t you stay? We can use someone like you.” I told him. Jo

• edited January 2016

Hehe, thanks :) Glad to be back. Like I said in the update earlier, it may take a while to get new parts out as my cousins are still living with me. However, I did put a lot of thought into this part as well as the rest of the chapter. Good to see you haven't quit on the story! Haha.

Yeah a new part! And a long part too I'm sorry, but this is just a difficult decision I'm going to have to mull over for a bit. There's

Sign in to comment in this discussion.