The Legendary General Art Thread

edited January 2014 in General Chat
Well, we've got a Sam & Max Fanart Thread, a Monkey Island Fanart Thread, so why not a thread for art in general? We've obviously got a lot of talented artists on the Telltale forum, and it would be a shame to just restrict them to showing us just their Sam & Max and Monkey Island art. So if you've got any awesome art that you're proud of and want to share with us, post it here! It doesn't have to be an art piece of games, it could be movie art, art inspired by books, inspired by songs, art of bands or musicians, or something completely random; it can be of anything - as it is a place for art in general. So yeah, share, show us what you've got!

Comments

• nikasaurnikasaur Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    I would enjoy this.
  • edited March 2010
    It would be quite interesting to see what general art people on here can come up with. Don't expect to make any contributions myself mind!
  • edited March 2010
    I might put art in it.
  • edited March 2010
    But first tell me what do you mean with "General Art". Do you mean stuff we do appart of Fan Arts?
  • edited March 2010
    *signed*

So that Irishmile can post art in it.
  • edited March 2010
    I like this idea, but most of my art is fanart.
  • edited March 2010
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    I like this idea, but most of my art is fanart.

Appart of Fan Arts of Telltale Games we feel like to share here too, I mean.
  • edited March 2010
    I would imagine it would mean stuff not related to Monkey Island or Sam & Max as they've got their own dedicated threads.
  • edited March 2010
    I guess this is Sam and Max related, but I would rather put it here:

My normal avatar, courtesy of a fellow by the handle of Boomrocker:
    stlouisribs.gif

My interpretation for a 'MSPaint Month':
    Picture1.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    The only Star Wars fanart I've ever done. Which is a shame, because when I think about it, and this is the first time I've ever thought about it, there's a ton of bloody great material to work with in the Star Wars universe for an artist.

There's nothing actually graphic about this picture; it's basically a product of my completely immature and slightly insane mind. If the subject matter is too much, I'll remove it though.

wc2236.jpg

I might post more sometime, but not right now; my ego couldn't handle not posting something on the first page.

By the way shouldn't the title be changed and the thread stickied?
  • edited March 2010
    Does poetry count as art? I've been writing a lot of poems lately.
  • edited March 2010
    I will still post fan art in it... just not TTG related stuff
    Some of this stuff has been on Starwars.com official site... others not so much
    this was on SW.C
    Old_man_Obi_Wan_by_Irishmile.jpg

I think I may have gone too overboard with this one and they didnt put it up.... recently they actually made a Star Wars Zombie novel... go figure
    Night_of_the_Living_Jar_Jar_by_Irishmile.jpg

this one is supposed to be Leia as a kid tagging along with her Dad.... and um... Dad (vader)
    Diplomacy_by_Irishmile.jpg

any Drizzt fans out there?
    Companions_of_Icewind_Dale_by_Irishmile.jpg

one day I tried figuring out how to make a 3D picture.... that is my cat... she posed really patiently with Darth Maul.
    Maul_a_kitty_by_Irishmile.jpg

Leisure suit larry art
    leftys_bar_by_Irishmile.jpg
    Fawn_by_Irishmile.jpg

This one I did up in about 20 minutes after he won the Oscar... too bad we died and didnt get to accept it.
    The_Joker_WINS_by_Irishmile.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    Well I got this this thing I posted in another thread from my blog, which has a Sam & Max cameo at the end, but other than that I don't think I have any "general" Telltale-related art.
  • edited March 2010
    This are... "covers" for my Webcomic (In Spanish only, sorry), but, in a way, they are inspired in diferent games ^^! First on Sam and Max, second on Rabbids go Home (Which I never play it, but I love the music)

TM___Spaceway_Surfing_by_Ginny_N.jpg
    TM___Hora_de_Joc_by_Ginny_N.jpg

This ones are from those days I woke up and decided to do a image with just lines:

TM___Ruina_by_Ginny_N.jpg
    TM___Snore_by_Ginny_N.png

And this is a somewhat old Fan Art of Super Paper Mario:
    SPM___The_Deleter_of_Worlds_by_Ginny_N.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    I want to live in your head Pecan... but not in a creepy kind of way.... I love your stuff especially the MI stuff you posted a while back
  • edited March 2010
    I love this idea. And GinnyN, I continue to love your art more and more.

you're drawing style is awesome, I wish I had talent like yours, but I'd probably have to give up my beautiful singing voice for that.
  • edited March 2010
    Not Telltale-related, but still fanart like 90% of the stuff I make:

0005244p

Painted Super Sculpey, made for the Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver release this year. They were then used to make this, which I occasionally wear to work to baffle my colleagues.
  • edited March 2010
    Might as well show off my own "art"... which isn't fanart! (pic is a little crappy though)

Animals_of_Wood__updated__by_Hassat_Hunter.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    I prolly made this last year

picture.php?albumid=312&pictureid=2041

I haven't had any good bad product ideas since. I almost did habenero chewing gum, but that prolly exists.

so do tetris building blocks, unfortunately
  • edited March 2010
    Okay, so it seems like the idea is pretty popular. So should I create a completely new thread called "The Legendary General Art Thread", or should we just stick with this one and I'll change the info in the introductory post and ask a mod to change the title?

..and by general art, I do mean anything not related to Sam & Max or ToMI, but feel free to post your MI and S&M Fanart pieces in the general art thread if you want to give them a little extra promotion.
  • edited March 2010
    Since the other Legendary Art threads are stickied, should this one be as well? Or should it not because of the nature of the general chat board?
  • edited March 2010
    Okay, info changed, title changed - thread is official.
  • edited March 2010
    01%2B-%2BIceCream.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    ... Ice cream cones eating "human-cream" cones?

You're so weird.
  • edited March 2010
    Woah, very creepy... It's something I'd expect to see in an M-Rated Psychonauts.
  • edited March 2010
    hehe we started a blogspot account for people from my school, the first theme was Ice Cream ;)
  • edited March 2010
    Right. When I hear the words "ice-cream", that's the fist thing that pops into MY head, too!

You could at least have called it "eyes cream" or something. Or "I scream", to reflect how the people who look at it feel :P

It's nicely done, either way.
  • edited March 2010
    ...and this was the first thing that came to mind? (Don't get me wrong, I think it's quite a clever concept and a cool drawing - despite the creepiness).
  • edited March 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Right. When I hear the words "ice-cream", that's the fist thing that pops into MY head, too!
    ...and this was the first thing that came to mind?

Being beaten to the punch, I hate it.
  • edited March 2010
    Well yeah, just drawing a girl looking happy with an ice cream is way too boring ;)
  • edited March 2010
    Okay, info changed, title changed - thread is official.

The title of your first post is changed, but the title of the thread will have a question mark until a mod changes it.
  • edited March 2010
    The title of your first post is changed, but the title of the thread will have a question mark until a mod changes it.

Ah yes, okay then, I'll ask Lena_P if she can change it.
  • edited March 2010
    Junaid wrote: »
    Well yeah, just drawing a girl looking happy with an ice cream is way too boring ;)

Agreed.
  • edited March 2010
    Doodled this the other day in French class
    fghfgj_by_LennieMelvin.png
  • edited March 2010
    I'm kind of depressed that your doodles look like surrealist masterpieces, while mine were ducks in little sweaters and baseball caps. Then I remember that enjoying art is way easier than making it and feel better! (Laziness triumphs over all!)
  • edited March 2010
    Hehe, really like the icecream one! :D
  • edited March 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Being beaten to the punch, I hate it.
    random observation
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited March 2010
    Here are a couple of pieces of Star Wars fan art I did about a decade ago.

padme.jpg

darthVest.jpg

Edit: Fixed!
  • edited March 2010
    It amazes me that episode one is already 11 years old..
  • Is that blood on the front of the ice cream truck?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.