Jurassic Park Release date information/discussions

Comments

• edited April 2011
    And a free game!!! Be more excited about that at least haha.
  • edited April 2011
    THIS FALL?? And you know that in the last week of April?! Come on! Two weeks ago you said we're gonna have it "soon".
  • edited April 2011
    joosyjuice wrote: »
    And a free game!!! Be more excited about that at least haha.

Lol I'm only here for this game.. I'm not a telltale gaming person.
  • edited April 2011
    Lol I'm only here for this game.. I'm not a telltale gaming person.

I'll take yours :p
  • edited April 2011
    big-augen wrote: »
    aw, man!

I actually felt how sorry Telltale games felt for writing that message as it actually made me a little emotional, did anyone else feel that or is it just me?
  • edited April 2011
    nblackburn wrote: »
    I actually felt how sorry Telltale games felt for writing that message as it actually made me a little emotional, did anyone else feel that or is it just me?

I also kinda did
  • edited April 2011
    OH GOD! Jurassic Park delayed. Coming Fall??? I think we all pre-order fellas should get a free copy of HECTOR or something... don´t even dare to send us another puzzle agent 1. I am not asking for a refund but we should get a bonus for these delay.
  • edited April 2011
    WAIT!!!!! WTF!!!! you guys are serious?! why did i not get this email?
  • edited April 2011

Despite the late hour in which we hear this...the way it was handled was..well exceptional. Go them....looking forward to JP in the future and may just have to give one of thier other games a try until then :)
  • edited April 2011
    I'll take yours :p

LOL no man it's fine i'll just get Strongbad's cool game for attractive people, I got it on wiiware and it was fun i'll just play it again on the pc, i can't get on my wii ware anymore so it's good. Is our refund going to just be stuck here on this website to where we can only use it on telltale games?
  • edited April 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    WAIT!!!!! WTF!!!! you guys are serious?! why did i not get this email?

Yeah I was... :P
  • edited April 2011
    Awww, but i have a feeling there's about to be a huge uproar as this is rather last minute and they could of told us that a lot sooner than they did...
  • edited April 2011
    All hell break loose!
  • edited April 2011
    Ohhhh i just finished to read the letter. They are actually given games for free...
  • edited April 2011
    wait, i cant tell if you guys are friggin serious... I have been waiting for this game forever, I cant freakin believe this if you guys are serious. I really hope your all f*cking with me, lmao. I knew it was too good to be true... :(:(:(:(
    I was sitting here thinking they might be releasing it cuz Alan and Mark were on... my friend and I were going to play it this weekend.... :mad:
  • edited April 2011
    Awww, but i have a feeling there's about to be a huge uproar as this is rather last minute and they could of told us that a lot sooner than they did...

Read the email carefully. You get BOTH a full refund AND the game OF YOUR CHOICE. And they will email more details soon.
  • edited April 2011
    Well, this was expected. Hoping they really improve the game then.
  • edited April 2011
    Sorry guys... I felt rushed. If what the letter is true i think its flawless
  • edited April 2011
    ok, about that free game... what should I pick? any suggestions?
  • edited April 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    wait, i cant tell if you guys are friggin serious... I have been waiting for this game forever, I cant freakin believe this if you guys are serious. I really hope your all f*cking with me, lmao. I knew it was too good to be true... :(:(:(:(
    I was sitting here thinking they might be releasing it cuz Alan and Mark were on... my friend and I were going to play it this weekend.... :mad:

Feel you bud...though wasnt kidding. If you have not already you will get an email explaining the details.
  • edited April 2011
    Not going to lie, part of me feels this is just so they can fully cross-promote with the Special Edition Blu-rays for extra $$$. Which is fine, as long as they do make the game better.
  • edited April 2011
    Dr.Dino wrote: »
    well, this was expected. Hoping they really improve the game then.

pteranodons
  • edited April 2011
    Not going to lie, part of me feels this is just so they can fully cross-promote with the Special Edition Blu-rays for extra $$$. Which is fine, as long as they do make the game better.

I Never thought of that. Good point.
  • edited April 2011
    So can we have ANY game for free? Exclude what...?
  • edited April 2011

Oh for sure..its a marketing decision plain and simple. And thats fine, if they make more money then we can expect potentially similar products in the future.

All for it honestly, at the risk of sounding repeitive I want nothing more than a a game based on a franchise I love to succeed financially..that means it happens again and thats never a bad thing in my book.
  • edited April 2011
    *sigh* I still dont believe you guys, lol, I want to but it just feels like one of those really shitty dreams, y'kno? All ive played in the Jurassic Park universe for the last few years is Jurassic Park Trespasser, and as fun as it is, I thought this was the week that I was going to get to live a new adventure. Of course it was too good to be true. If I do recieve this email or find out that Telltale isnt just doing it to tease us and then do a release tomoro or something, all of my faith in this company will be lost.... :(
  • edited April 2011
    They could of said something so much sooner i think is what angers me the most. There reason seems fair enough and we all get a refund and free game as a means of apology. I will be happy if they keep everyone informed about the progress of the games development which they avoided before this happened.

All i have to say now is i wish you guys the best of luck on creating the best possible game and i promise to preorder once the game becomes available once again.
  • edited April 2011
    RexMaster

For your reading pleasure...or displeasure as the case may be..
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24404
  • edited April 2011
    I wonder if I can just make Jurassic Park my free game haha. I played that free episode of Back to the Future and liked it a lot so hopefully it isn't excluded from the free.
  • edited April 2011
    I played that free episode of Back to the Future and liked it a lot so hopefully it isn't excluded from the free.

Yeah, that's what I thought too.
  • edited April 2011
    It's just a delay, that's all this is. All major games have delays. When they released Trespasser on time 1998, nothing worked!
  • edited April 2011
    Is it too much to ask for a new trailer by the end of the month?? I mean we have waited for awhile and the refund and free game are awesome (Way to Go TellTale!) but I've been waiting for this game, specifically this game, and I haven't played anything else in a very long time. I just want some new content and well since this was the original release date.. let's see some new content. At the very least a screenshot of another dinosaur in the game.
  • edited April 2011
    Im sad, but at the same time i really appreciate the fact they are acknowledging the fans and the people who preordered. In todays day and age it takes alot of stones to offer a full refund and a free game. And if they take the time to make this the JP game ive been waiting for, then keep working Telltale. And on a high note there will be no more APRILS ALMOST OVER ZOMG WTF BBQ WHERE IS THIS GAME?! It will just start all over again when the first leaf drops :)
  • edited April 2011
    trocks wrote: »
    It's just a delay, that's all this is. All major games have delays. When they released Trespasser on time 1998, nothing worked!

Trocks... you're awesome.
  • edited April 2011
    I wonder if I can just make Jurassic Park my free game haha. I played that free episode of Back to the Future and liked it a lot so hopefully it isn't excluded from the free.
    Let me get this straight. The letter says that we are going to get 100 % refund and another game for free??? so when JP actually comes out in the Fall we should order again??
  • edited April 2011
    Quick everyone grab your serial number! Muahah...oh wait. haha bad joke..cough cough...cough.
  • edited April 2011
    farchondo wrote: »
    Let me get this straight. The letter says that we are going to get 100 % refund and another game for free??? so when JP actually comes out in the Fall we should order again??

Yes.
  • edited April 2011
    The idea of refunding and giving a a game for free is truly impeccable, yet honestly i do feel a bit disappointed.
    Surely the timing of this whole announcement is not that great, i mean they're shifting the realease pretty FAR away.

I'll preorder it AGAIN the second they will let me (i'm such a JP boy :P), but now with this delay expect something far more meaty (cuz frankly the game wasn't looking all that hot).

Anyway... will it be playable at E3?
  • edited April 2011
    trocks wrote: »

That's 1998 for you :D
  • edited April 2011
    Hey guys - to clarify. The free game applies to ANY of our titles, be it Back to the Future, Hector, or Tales of Monkey Island, the choice is yours.
This discussion has been closed.