Jurassic Park Release date information/discussions

Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    rdhiggins wrote: »
    Yeah.... its called Jurassic Park :-)

Haha, beat me to it! :D
  • edited April 2011
    There are some really selfish, impatient people around here. Just relax, have a glass of your favourite soda pop, and take a deep breath. There are more important things to get riled up about, this is not one of them. Yes, we're all disappointed that it's not coming within the next 3 days, but would you prefer a quality game or a rushed one?
  • edited April 2011
    I Was Wondering With The Refund Do I Get The Game Still Or Do I Need TO Buy It Agien?
  • edited April 2011
    rdhiggins wrote: »
    Yeah.... its called Jurassic Park :-)

They did say "any" game. Maybe you can get JP for free.
  • edited April 2011
    Full Season or just a single episode? Cause I want the Strong Bad game
    edited April 2011
    I Was Wondering With The Refund Do I Get The Game Still Or Do I Need TO Buy It Agien?

You'd need to order the game again when it's back in the store (or you might choose to get it on a different platform).
  • edited April 2011
    Sergman100 wrote: »
    Full Season or just a single episode? Cause I want the Strong Bad game

Full season is the way it sounded. You can't buy single episodes anyway (not with the games I've purchased on steam anyway).
  • edited April 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    You'd need to order the game again when it's back in the store (or you might choose to get it on a different platform).

Ty :D
  • RezRez
    edited April 2011
    If i dont want a refund and wanna keep up the pre-order of the game, can i do that? i've preordered JP:The Game and that's what i want, regardless of when it will come out. Can i just keep that up or TellTale will cancel ALL of the preorders?
  • edited April 2011
    Cabal84 wrote: »
    Of course, but you can't blame Telltale for that, that their special excuse (handing out a free game) doesn't work for everyone.
    What would be an aproppriate excuse in your opinion beside the refund?
    Well I honestly didn't expect a refund. This is the first time I experience that a company is giving a 100% refund without any discussion. Normally you have to contact the company when a game get's delayed and you don't want to wait that long.

Well I can understand that those who don't like the other games or allready have them feel maybe somewhat "cheated" to put it that way. I for myself don't feel so.

K, I'm glad that the free game helps with the sting for most of you, and your right most game company's wouldn't have cared and given you nothing (although you can always get a refund for a pre-order, never heard of anyone having trouble canceling pre-orders). But with a company that prides itself about communicating and being honest with it's customers what do you expect? I'd expect to of been informed of this on Friday When they decided to delay it. Honestly, in all of this that, I think, is what most upsets me. Telltale I still Love you, I will still be eagerly awaiting the release of BTTF episode 4, but i think you can see how this still upsets me. Sorry all. Had to get off of chest. I am done now.
  • edited April 2011
    hmm ...:confused: although i am disappointed,i think that the devs will have time to make a much more polished game...anyway i hope we at least will have some more info and media until the game release;and maybe,just maybe it will coincide with the rumored release of the movies on BluRay,with some nice features and never before seen content hopefully :D
  • edited April 2011
    Is there anyway that I can Telltale that I don't want a refund? I just want the game when it comes out for PC. Keep my order in place? My dad let me use his credit card for it and he would be pissed if I had to use it again.
  • edited April 2011
    shamuboy wrote: »
    Is there anyway that I can Telltale that I don't want a refund? I just want the game when it comes out for PC. Keep my order in place? My dad let me use his credit card for it and he would be pissed if I had to use it again.

You might have to send a email to support@telltalegames.com explaining the situation.
  • edited April 2011
    TorQue wrote: »
    hmm ...:confused: although i am disappointed,i think that the devs will have time to make a much more polished game...anyway i hope we at least will have some more info and media until the game release;and maybe,just maybe it will coincide with the rumored release of the movies on BluRay,with some nice features and never before seen content hopefully :D

I hope whenever JP does get released that yes it is fantastic, that being said I am not sure exactly how much more polished it would have been since we do not have anything to evaulate it other than certain marketing videos.
  • edited April 2011
    Well this is balls. Not only is it being massively delayed but I also missed out on a free game because I tried to pre-order it last night. Oh well, there's still BTTF Ep 4 and 5. I guess this also means I can pick up either Brink or L.a Noir now.
  • edited April 2011
    Hey guys -

I've seen a few of you asking about keeping your Jurassic Park pre-order intact but to be able to make good with to of you guys properly we're going to have to close out all existing pre-orders.

Also, you'll be hearing from us soon in regard to your refund and free game. We're working hard to get to you as quickly as possible. While all of it will not be immediate, rest assured it will be soon.

Thanks so much for understanding.
  • edited April 2011
    About damn time, Telltale.
    Glad you're putting out an effort to polish and test this game, unlike BttF and Poker Night. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Jurassic Park may now just symbolize a return to that quality we saw in Tales of Monkey Island and Sam & Max. At least, I hope so.
    Bravo for having the guts to do this, you guys.
  • edited April 2011
    Hey guys -

I've seen a few of you asking about keeping your Jurassic Park pre-order intact but to be able to make good with to of you guys properly we're going to have to close out all existing pre-orders.

Also, you'll be hearing from us soon in regard to your refund and free game. We're working hard to get to you as quickly as possible. While all of it will not be immediate, rest assured it will be soon.

Thanks for letting us know Alan, you rock!
  • edited April 2011
    While I am disappointed that Jurassic Park will be delayed, I'm actually not upset in the slightest. I've been a fan of telltale for years. Ever since I played (and got hooked) on Strong Bad's Cool Game. Both the refund AND the free game are above and beyond anything that they need to do. Telltale is an amazing company and I will continue to support them.
  • edited April 2011
    Nasuke1 wrote: »
    While I am disappointed that Jurassic Park will be delayed, I'm actually not upset in the slightest. I've been a fan of telltale for years. Ever since I played (and got hooked) on Strong Bad's Cool Game. Both the refund AND the free game are above and beyond anything that they need to do. Telltale is an amazing company and I will continue to support them.

Well said, me too :D
  • edited April 2011
    Hey guys -

Just make sure you make this game above and beyond amazing, like I know you guys can :p
  • edited April 2011
    :( why did I know this was going to happen? oh btw, this forum is HUGE now!
  • edited April 2011
    Wow fall.... this is very hard. I really hope the game will look much better then.
  • edited April 2011
    I am happy with the mea culpa they are attempting to offer. Sadly, I already own what I want from TellTale.

My concern is that this was delayed at the end of April, and not just for a couple of weeks, it's being delayed by half a year (and moved into the busy video game season to boot). Lest we forget, this was originally slated to be released during the Holidays in 2010...

99% of the time, this type of delay is due to pressure/legal disputes with other companies (Sony/MS/Universal) or for purposes of synergy (new JP product on the horizon to tie into this release). With such sidestepping as to what the extra time is really being used for, I have no faith that the extra time is being used to make a better playing experience for the gamer. I hope they prove me wrong, but Starcraft Ghost, Duke Nukem Forever, and oh so many other movie tie in delayed games (Tron) have yet to show me that these moves are done with the gamer in mind. I hope that Telltale isn't going to disappoint any further, but I don't have the faith that this delay was for the PC gamers.
  • edited April 2011
    Sadly, I already own what I want from TellTale.

At the very least, there's some good news for you on that point.
    Hey guys -

While your original pre-order will be refunded to you, the voucher we offer you will be valid for a Jurassic Park pre-order once they go live again later on. It will not have an expiration date.

Thanks so much for your understanding.
  • edited April 2011
    At the very least, there's some good news for you on that point.

So your saying our free TellTale game can be Jurassic Park? If so I'm not that upset anymore.
    edited April 2011
    Tiranno wrote: »
    So your saying our free TellTale game can be Jurassic Park? If so I'm not that upset anymore.

Yep, that info comes direct from Alan. You get a refund, plus the free game voucher can be used to re-order Jurassic Park when it's back in the store.
  • edited April 2011
    What happens to the insider forum access you gain when pre ordering, do we still have it or will it be revoked soon, because i would love to keep up to date on the development of the newly improved game...
  • edited April 2011
    Like I said, they were playing with my money... Just refund me because no more money from me will go to telltale
  • edited April 2011
    All existing pre-orders will retain access to the Insider Forums.
  • edited April 2011
    _djs_ wrote: »
    like i said, they were playing with my money... Just refund me because no more money from me will go to telltale

you get your money back and a free game, what more could you ask for, stop being childish as its starting to get irritating, they have postponed the game to make it even better than it already was, not one thing telltale have told us regarding this has been really that much of bad news, i see more positives than negatives here, why cant anyone else...
  • edited April 2011
    It's funny that now they answer us!
  • edited April 2011
    All existing pre-orders will retain access to the Insider Forums.

Awesome, thanks once again Alan

and yet another plus point, i honestly don't know why they bother, people are acting like spoilt children and they have just offered so many good things for nothing, what more of a apology do you guys want...there trying to make the game as good as they can.
  • edited April 2011
    nblackburn wrote: »
    you get your money back and a free game, what more could you ask for, stop being childish as its starting to get irritating, they have postponed the game to make it even better than it already was, not one thing telltale have told us regarding this has been really that much of bad news, i see more positives than negatives here, why cant anyone else...

And they wait until the last day of April?? Dont play with us, Please
  • edited April 2011
    So after episode 1 comes out, will it be another 6 months for episode 2? It'll be goin on 2015 by the time you have the complete game.
  • edited April 2011
    So the game will just be released in december??
  • edited April 2011

What are you talking about, there are 4 days from the end of April, what planet are you from (4 days in front of everyone)??
    So the game will just be released in december??

I give up
  • edited April 2011
    So, how will the refunds be handled? I mean, I use Paypal when I'm here.
  • edited April 2011

We made the announcement as soon as we came to the tough conclusion. Folks who had pledged their support with their money knew as soon as we were able to launch the announcement.

I do apologize for any frustration or confusion this may have caused though. Both to you and anybody else affected.
  • edited April 2011
    Aww man. I've been religiously checking the Steam post everyday so I could pre-order it off there (I prefer the cloud save system there). Too bad, I miss out on the freebies. :/
This discussion has been closed.