Jp 4

edited April 2012 in Jurassic Park
Listen i know that there have been a whole lot of rumors about JP4 but i was reading up on it and jp legacy.org stated that Joe Johnston would start jp 4 after his movie "Captain America," and i just saw previews for it in theatres so i hope JP4 willstart production. The reason i started this form was so i could know what your thought was about JP4 and maybe your thoughts about what u want it to be about:D

Comments

• edited May 2011
    SeanJP wrote: »
    Listen i know that there have been a whole lot of rumors about JP4 but i was reading up on it and jp legacy.org stated that Joe Johnston would start jp 4 after his movie "Captain America," and i just saw previews for it in theatres so i hope JP4 willstart production. The reason i started this form was so i could know what your thought was about JP4 and maybe your thoughts about what u want it to be about:D

In my opinion, we are likey to see a second Captain America before the production of JP4 starts.
  • edited May 2011
    jpsandhu wrote: »
    In my opinion, we are likey to see a second Captain America before the production of JP4 starts.

U might have a point. But if JP4 ever happens i want speilberg behind it, because if we rake a stroll down memory lane the third one sucked that is my opinion. I liked the first and second.
  • edited May 2011
    jpsandhu wrote: »

Agreed.
  • edited May 2011
    I have to say, if they do make another Jurassic Park, I truly hope that Joe Johnston has nothing to do with it. His work is shoddy at best, as it lacks any kind of spark, personality or style.
  • edited May 2011
    IMHO, if they make another Jurassic Park movie, it should be a reboot that goes closer to current scientific data and also follow closer to the novel. Only character I think should be more like the first JP movie version would be John Hammond. I didn't like him in the novel.
  • edited May 2011
    IMHO, if they make another Jurassic Park movie, it should be a reboot that goes closer to current scientific data and also follow closer to the novel. Only character I think should be more like the first JP movie version would be John Hammond. I didn't like him in the novel.

same here:(
  • edited May 2011
    We could only be so lucky.

Not sure what the hold up is, though. Jurassic Park is a very successful franchise with a proven track record of making money. As long as the project is well funded (what financier wouldn't want to back a JP movie?), the potential is endless.

Personally I think the success or failure of a new JP movie at the box office revolves solely around a compelling plot, tremendous acting/dialogue, and a familiar cast of characters. (hmm, did I just describe the needs of any successful movie?)

There are so many different approaches that could be taken:

- The worst idea imaginable would be a sequel in which dinosaurs have gotten off the island. I think this semi-logical concept has been fleshed out in several rejected scripts in the past. No matter how good you tried to make it, it would lose all the spirit of Jurassic Park, and just be people vs. monsters flick.

- Other ideas involve sequels that borrow unused ideas from Michael Chrichton's brilliant The Lost World novel. The overall idea was already worked into the movie, but more than half of the book was left out to accommodate a 2 hr movie. Even with the bits that were further used to populate JP 3 (unsuccessfully).

OP: The question I ask myself when thinking about what could make a great JP 4 is, "What mystery is left? What is missing from the known canon, that holds the most interesting details."

One thing comes to mind. Wu, and the making of Jurassic Park.

When I read (and re-read, and re-read) The Lost World, to me the most FASCINATING parts are learning about every little thing that went into the creation of the park's most valuable assets..the dinosaurs. The beginning, middle, and end of the Site B facility (as well as the creation of isla Nublar facility) must be riddled with awesome events:

-breaking ground.
    -first successful dinosaur hatching.
    -raising the first infants.
    -problems with the early batches.
    -the growing of the operation into a massive park at site A and huge production line at site B.
    -planning to deal with adult dinosaurs.
    -the delusion of success.
    -releasing the juveniles into the wild on site B.
    -eventual break down and abandonment of the site B facility, which occurred shortly after the disaster at Jurassic Park.

I think there is a lot there, and B D Wong could be a leading actor if he's available/interested.
  • edited May 2011
    It`s clear Universal has zero interest in resurrecting Jurassic Park just for one film. It`s too risky of an investment, especially for a 20 year old franchise.

A new trilogy, however, shows lots of promise financially and Universal knows this. The only problem is the story. The writers just dont have any material strong enough to support the longterm, and that is where the problem lies. Not whether or not they can make a sequel, but how can they make several sequels, with lasting appeal.
  • edited May 2011
    Sorry to say, but I think the movie franchise is pretty much dead now...Survival movies dont make the big bucks.
  • edited May 2011
    I wouldn't say its dead. I'm sure if a Jurassic park 4 was released it would still bring in the big bucks. As long as they have great special effects and dino action with an awesome trailer to back it up people will flock to see it.

However, if they want the movie to actually be good they'll have to go in a diffrent direction then the movies seem to be going. I personally wouldn't want a reboot. It's too early for me to want that. But I wouldn't mind if they took the same approach that TellTale did and have a story that took place inbetween the films. Or if they did continue onward at least keep it on the islands and use some plots there were in the Novels.
  • edited May 2011
    If they made it a good movie, unlike the unraveling feces it became in two to three, I'd be interested in a 4.
  • edited May 2011
    I think they should do another movie. I'm still dissapointed by the third, it was a B-movie, but it wasn't a B-franchise at all. They should do a worthy final of the series, it's just a pity it ended with the third.

I don't want a reboot, and I'm not sure the audience will accept it with the "Jurassic Park" name on it. I think it should deal with the further consequences of the island. There was very little talk in the books of animals leaving the island and appearing on the coast of Costa Rica. I think that's the best way to continue the series. And there are still a lot of great things in the Crichton books they didn't use.
  • edited May 2011
    i read in game informer that Jurassic park 4 is in production already its just in "production hell" so this game was suppose to jump start JP again
  • edited May 2011
    I bet they're waiting to see how well the game sells first before thinking of doing a movie. They already put the comics and toys out.
  • edited May 2011
    The Jurassic Park franchise seemed dead, until recently. There has been comics and toys, and now this fabulous game. I'd like to say we're in a Jurassic Park "resurrection." Not to mention all the dinosaur related things that will be popping up for the next couple years (ex. Terra Nova, Walking With Dinosaurs movie) so I think JP4 is more likely to happen now than ever before.

And I actually don't mind Joe Johnston directing the film. He is perfectly capable of making a JP film. It's Kathleen Kennedy and David Koepp that ruined JP. All the things that went wrong in JP3 were all ideas that they had, Johnston just made the wrong decision in choosing those ideas. I know that Spielberg will most likely not want to to the 4th film, so Johnston is our best shot.

What would I want in JP4? I've had a few ideas for the fourth film, but my best idea is a prequel that involves Hurricane Clarissa and Isla Sorna. I won't give any information becuase I've been working on a fan script for some time now, and I want it shrouded in mystery until I finish.

There are two things that are a must for JP4 though:
    1. Lewis Dodgson.
    2. Carnotaurus.
  • edited May 2011
    If i remember correctly didnt Hammond mention something about some sort of park in kenya in the movie????

Why not explore that aspect and elaborate that out a bit.
  • edited May 2011
    nagasadow wrote: »
    If i remember correctly didnt Hammond mention something about some sort of park in kenya in the movie????

Why not explore that aspect and elaborate that out a bit.
    Yes, but it's not a "dinosaur" park nor anything special. I think it was a typical safari/animal zoo of sorts.
  • edited May 2011
    i wouldn´t mind if the 4th movie would go back to isla nublar, because i like it much more than Sorna.
  • edited May 2011
    i wouldn´t mind if the 4th movie would go back to isla nublar, because i like it much more than Sorna.

Thank You. Same here, and i want the original cast plus some new people.
  • edited May 2011
    jpark_08 wrote: »
    It`s clear Universal has zero interest in resurrecting Jurassic Park just for one film. It`s too risky of an investment, especially for a 20 year old franchise.

A new trilogy, however, shows lots of promise financially and Universal knows this. The only problem is the story. The writers just dont have any material strong enough to support the longterm, and that is where the problem lies. Not whether or not they can make a sequel, but how can they make several sequels, with lasting appeal.
    personally (and all of you have heard my thoughts on this a thousand times) ingen should send a team back to nublar to investigate the malfunctions and such ( if they believe all the dinosaurs just broke out and all at once no less then they are really thick) after supposed investigation, they collect all hard drives of all the computers on site A, after finning through them, nedry's dioloauge with the dock worker is discovered and an investigation of the worker's information traces him back to biosyn industries, InGen brings this to the attention of the board of directors and to the united states supreme court (ingen is based in san diego its U.S juristdiction) after a lengthy court battle Ingen is found victorius and Biosyn is required to pay InGen a massive fee of 14 billion dollars, this is used to bail ingen out of the ever lingering chapter 11 status there company has been apart of since the san diego incident. (the next half of the film would focus on InGen's New ceo tim murphy rebuilding isla nublar with the use of a portable electric fence permimeter around the visitor center where workers begin to restore it and work their way out ward. armed mercenaries and a hunting party are dispatched to tranquilize and capture native dinosaurs out side of the visitor center safety zone. they found that the nublar dinosaurs were too breeding as was the case on isla sorna and numerous nests were destroyed and certian eggs collected. after the party was dispatched the now much larger velociraptor pack was hunted down with the use of armored safari vehicles and killed for the saftey of the workers. the animals were kept in large cages in camps out side of the saftey zone (much like in TLW) while the new fencing is put in place and old fencing repaired. after a bulk of the dinosaurs are captured with only a few stargleing species evading capture, the dinosaurs are tranquilized and nutered through the removal of the amphibian like sexual organs they had inherited. the repairs would take two to three years and ingen would have more than enough money left by their biosyn rivals to rebuild at record speeds. the park would open after an on site inspection by the U.S government. this evaluation is sucessfull but Jurassic park is now required to have a skeleton crew of wardens (instead of one) armed to the teeth to be able to take down or kill any dinosaur on the park scheduel. after all species were captured they were released into new enclosures under the watchful eye of armed guards. and jurassic park finally opens to the public. tim then hires alan grant as a paleontological advisor to judge the feasability of housing certian species and to study their habits and behavior for the national paleontological society with the help of billy brenan.

from there i would make the other episodes about new exhibits and the new found problems with running a prehistoric zoo perhaps the introduction of a new aquatic exhibit in the island's interior) or possibly the retreval of dinosaurs, documents and materials from the still destroyed Site B or even alan and billy's discoveries with newly added dinosaur species. (sarchasuchus imperator?) or (ornitholestes) ? well thats my take on it. tell me what you think.
  • edited May 2011
    SWGNATE wrote: »
    personally (and all of you have heard my thoughts on this a thousand times) ingen should send a team back to nublar to investigate the malfunctions and such ( if they believe all the dinosaurs just broke out and all at once no less then they are really thick) after supposed investigation, they collect all hard drives of all the computers on site A, after finning through them, nedry's dioloauge with the dock worker is discovered and an investigation of the worker's information traces him back to biosyn industries, InGen brings this to the attention of the board of directors and to the united states supreme court (ingen is based in san diego its U.S juristdiction) after a lengthy court battle Ingen is found victorius and Biosyn is required to pay InGen a massive fee of 14 billion dollars, this is used to bail ingen out of the ever lingering chapter 11 status there company has been apart of since the san diego incident. (the next half of the film would focus on InGen's New ceo tim murphy rebuilding isla nublar with the use of a portable electric fence permimeter around the visitor center where workers begin to restore it and work their way out ward. armed mercenaries and a hunting party are dispatched to tranquilize and capture native dinosaurs out side of the visitor center safety zone. they found that the nublar dinosaurs were too breeding as was the case on isla sorna and numerous nests were destroyed and certian eggs collected. after the party was dispatched the now much larger velociraptor pack was hunted down with the use of armored safari vehicles and killed for the saftey of the workers. the animals were kept in large cages in camps out side of the saftey zone (much like in TLW) while the new fencing is put in place and old fencing repaired. after a bulk of the dinosaurs are captured with only a few stargleing species evading capture, the dinosaurs are tranquilized and nutered through the removal of the amphibian like sexual organs they had inherited. the repairs would take two to three years and ingen would have more than enough money left by their biosyn rivals to rebuild at record speeds. the park would open after an on site inspection by the U.S government. this evaluation is sucessfull but Jurassic park is now required to have a skeleton crew of wardens (instead of one) armed to the teeth to be able to take down or kill any dinosaur on the park scheduel. after all species were captured they were released into new enclosures under the watchful eye of armed guards. and jurassic park finally opens to the public. tim then hires alan grant as a paleontological advisor to judge the feasability of housing certian species and to study their habits and behavior for the national paleontological society with the help of billy brenan.

from there i would make the other episodes about new exhibits and the new found problems with running a prehistoric zoo perhaps the introduction of a new aquatic exhibit in the island's interior) or possibly the retreval of dinosaurs, documents and materials from the still destroyed Site B or even alan and billy's discoveries with newly added dinosaur species. (sarchasuchus imperator?) or (ornitholestes) ? well thats my take on it. tell me what you think.

I think that is awesome. but i think it wouldnt feel like JP yah know, i mean without the running and screaming it just doesnt feel like a JP but i do like your idea. very very creative:)
  • edited May 2011
    I think that is awesome. but i think it wouldnt feel like JP yah know, i mean without the running and screaming it just doesnt feel like a JP but i do like your idea. very very creative:)
    im sure if they were to implement it there would be some high intensity moments (though nothing compares to the trex chase of tlw)
  • edited May 2011

I think the idea of InGen rebuilding the park again is highly unlikely after they're failed attempt at the end of TLW. I think what the 4th Jurassic Park film should have an ending to the park needs a good and respectable ending, not a whole new beginning. I think if they decide to go with a sequel it should end with Isla Sorna becoming an official national park of Costa Rica where scientists can come and study the animals. I wouldn't mind the end of JP4 finish with the bombing of Isla Sorna.

BTW, returning to Isla Nublar wouldn't work for a 4th film unless it's a prequel. It was demolished at the end of JP1 and any dinosaurs left on the island would be dead.

From what I've seen from the new video game, I wouldn't mind it being the plot behind JP4.
  • edited May 2011
    I think the idea of InGen rebuilding the park again is highly unlikely after they're failed attempt at the end of TLW. I think what the 4th Jurassic Park film should have an ending to the park needs a good and respectable ending, not a whole new beginning. I think if they decide to go with a sequel it should end with Isla Sorna becoming an official national park of Costa Rica where scientists can come and study the animals. I wouldn't mind the end of JP4 finish with the bombing of Isla Sorna.

BTW, returning to Isla Nublar wouldn't work for a 4th film unless it's a prequel. It was demolished at the end of JP1 and any dinosaurs left on the island would be dead.

From what I've seen from the new video game, I wouldn't mind it being the plot behind JP4.

Actually the first island was only demolished in the book well bombed, and i totally think they should do something with the first island, and i dont know what it is with Isla Sorna. The 2nd and 3rd movies were about that island, and i want the original cast and newbies back on Isla Nublar, Trying to save the dinosaurs, but not to rebuild another park. Also i think if Universal is wise they might make a movie based on this new game. that would be nice.
  • edited May 2011
    Thank You. Same here, and i want the original cast plus some new people.

It would be awesome if Grant,Malcom and Ellie would be together in the 4th one after all those years.;)
  • edited May 2011
    It would be awesome if Grant,Malcom and Ellie would be together in the 4th one after all those years.;)
    agreed

anyone else think we would make better writers for the new movie than the jp3 writers, because all of these ideas ive heard sound really boss
  • edited May 2011
    agreed

anyone else think we would make better writers for the new movie than the jp3 writers, because all of these ideas ive heard sound really boss

Definatley, and i totally want Sattler back in this movie along with Grant, Malcolm, and the kids, and Hammond:D
  • edited May 2011
    As much as I would like to see a great finale of the franchise, with Spielberg and all the main characters back, unfortunately another "Jurassic Park" movie is nothing more than wishful thinking right now.
    Even if Joe Johnston wants to make it and decides to make it after his next summer movie, we still would be miles away from a fourth movie. A big adventure film like this takes a lot of years to get made, and the fact that they tried to do it right after the third came out, that doesn't make the whole thing easier. Even another "Indiana Jones" movie is being planned for about three years now, and still we've heard nothing concrete about that yet.

So we shouldn't set our hopes too high, but nevertheless two big events are coming closer for all JP fans - the game and the blu-ray release (hopefully that will be this year too).:)
  • edited May 2011
    Even if Joe Johnston wants to make it and decides to make it after his next summer movie, we still would be miles away from a fourth movie.

I hope Spielberg won´t allow Johnston to come back for a fourth movie. He ruined the third movie so much, that Spielberg shouldn´t even consider to choose him as the director for the fourth installment. The master himself should take care of his great franchise. And not such a dumb director like Johnston. :mad:
  • edited May 2011
    I hope Spielberg won´t allow Johnston to come back for a fourth movie. He ruined the third movie so much, that Spielberg shouldn´t even consider to choose him as the director for the fourth installment. The master himself should take care of his great franchise. And not such a dumb director like Johnston. :mad:

There was an interview with Spielberg in 2006:

[18.07.2006] Awalt: [...] Online, there’s been talk about Breck Eisner on ‘Jurassic Park IV.’
    Spielberg: That’s not true. Joe Johnston is standing by.
    Awalt: First dibs on it?
    Spielberg: First dibs on it, and Joe is my go-to ‘Jurassic’ guy now.
    Awalt: There’s been talk about Joe Johnston that says he took the negative flack about ‘Jurassic Park III,’ and said in public that any faults with the film are his faults. There was talk that you didn’t care for the film, but it was profitable, and I’ve never heard you badmouth it in public, and I doubt you would, but...
    Spielberg: Oh no, I don’t feel that way at all! I think the film is witty and clever, and I think Joe did an amazing job putting together those battles. And I think those battles Joe put together... I was jealous of the spinosaurus attack on the airplane! That scene where the spinosaurus attacks the airplane and the passengers inside the airplane was every bit as good as I thought the main road attack in ‘Jurassic Park’ was. So I’m a huge fan of Joe’s, and he’s the right guy to do the fourth one. [...]

http://www.moviefans.de/jurassicpark/archiv.html
  • edited May 2011
    There was an interview with Spielberg in 2006:

[18.07.2006] Awalt: [...] Online, there’s been talk about Breck Eisner on ‘Jurassic Park IV.’
    Spielberg: That’s not true. Joe Johnston is standing by.
    Awalt: First dibs on it?
    Spielberg: First dibs on it, and Joe is my go-to ‘Jurassic’ guy now.
    Awalt: There’s been talk about Joe Johnston that says he took the negative flack about ‘Jurassic Park III,’ and said in public that any faults with the film are his faults. There was talk that you didn’t care for the film, but it was profitable, and I’ve never heard you badmouth it in public, and I doubt you would, but...
    Spielberg: Oh no, I don’t feel that way at all! I think the film is witty and clever, and I think Joe did an amazing job putting together those battles. And I think those battles Joe put together... I was jealous of the spinosaurus attack on the airplane! That scene where the spinosaurus attacks the airplane and the passengers inside the airplane was every bit as good as I thought the main road attack in ‘Jurassic Park’ was. So I’m a huge fan of Joe’s, and he’s the right guy to do the fourth one. [...]

http://www.moviefans.de/jurassicpark/archiv.html

F**k if Steven considers Johnston as director for the fourth, then it´s doomed in my opinion. :eek:

It would be good if the Rex would be the main dino of the fourth one, and not the spino. :p
  • edited May 2011

You don't seem to understand how the film industry works. Johnston did a great job directing the third film.
  • edited May 2011
    jpark_08 wrote: »
    You don't seem to understand how the film industry works. Johnston did a great job directing the third film.

Sure i do. But i don´t understand how you can say Johnston did a great job.

Okay JP3 was a decent film. It had great scenes like Spinosaurus in the river. But it was far far away from JP and TLW.

And what i meant wasn´t that Johnston is a bad director. It´s just that Jurassic Park isn´t really his thing.
  • edited May 2011
    Sure i do. But i don´t understand how you can say Johnston did a great job.

Okay JP3 was a decent film. It had great scenes like Spinosaurus in the river. But it was far far away from JP and TLW.

And what i meant wasn´t that Johnston is a bad director. It´s just that Jurassic Park isn´t really his thing.

The problem is that "Jurassic Park 3" is a straight B-movie (a B-movie of high quality), but "Jurassic Park" isn't a B-movie franchise. It just never felt like "Jurassic Park".
    He proved he can do great action scenes, that Pteranodon scene was really good, so was the Spinosaur boat attack which was just too short. I would have nothing against Johnston directing a fourth one, as long as he doesn't have the intention to make a B-movie again.
  • edited May 2011
    The problem is that "Jurassic Park 3" is a straight B-movie (a B-movie of high quality), but "Jurassic Park" isn't a B-movie franchise. It just never felt like "Jurassic Park".
    He proved he can do great action scenes, that Pteranodon scene was really good, so was the Spinosaur boat attack which was just too short. I would have nothing against Johnston directing a fourth one, as long as he doesn't have the intention to make a B-movie again.

I agree with you Jurassic Park III shouldn´t be a B-movie. Jurassic Park III would so much better if they used more scenes from the second book.
    If Johnston would build scenes like the raptor chase on the motorcycle in TLW, then JP IV would be a fantastic film. ;)
  • edited May 2011
    I think Johnston is a fine director, there are several scenes in JP III which are top-notch: the airplane crash scene and the birdcage sequence come to mind. However, the film as a whole was disjointed IMO, scenes followed each other in whatever order which was the scriptwriter's fault. So were the super intelligent Raptors and the stalking Spino.

Johnton should not have rejected the original JPIII script, because, from what I have heard, it had a coherent story. There also should have been a military vs. dinosaurs scenes and Joe set up the mercenaries so well with the big gun, yet they proved to be dino-fodder.

So all in all, I think Joe Johntson could make a good JP movie if there is a good script.
  • edited May 2011
    MasCot wrote: »
    I think Johnston is a fine director, there are several scenes in JP III which are top-notch: the airplane crash scene and the birdcage sequence come to mind. However, the film as a whole was disjointed IMO, scenes followed each other in whatever order which was the scriptwriter's fault. So were the super intelligent Raptors and the stalking Spino.

Johnton should not have rejected the original JPIII script, because, from what I have heard, it had a coherent story. There also should have been a military vs. dinosaurs scenes and Joe set up the mercenaries so well with the big gun, yet they proved to be dino-fodder.

So all in all, I think Joe Johntson could make a good JP movie if there is a good script.

I know I probably sound like a retard but what was the original script for the 3rd movie?:confused:
  • edited May 2011
    I know I probably sound like a retard but what was the original script for the 3rd movie?:confused:

I think it was something with Dr. Grant living on Sorna
  • edited May 2011

I read somewhere that a previous version dealt with teenagers landing on the island for whatever reason. I think Johnston said that in an interview.
    I think it was something with Dr. Grant living on Sorna

I didn't like what they did with his character in this movie. Why isn't he together with Ellie Sattler anymore, why has he no kids? He was so grumpy at the beginning of the third, and the clearly visible Indiana Jones imitation was so unnecessary...
  • edited May 2011
    I didn't like what they did with his character in this movie. Why isn't he together with Ellie Sattler anymore, why has he no kids? He was so grumpy at the beginning of the third, and the clearly visible Indiana Jones imitation was so unnecessary...

Yeah that´s what i thought too. I mean at the end of JP1 he changed his opinion about kids. So it would be nice if in the 3rd he and Ellie would be a happy couple with kids.

But i think i read somewhere, they consider for a fourth film that Ellie seperates from her husband and she and Alan get together. I don´t know if it´s true :confused:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.