The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Wow. Is it even possible if a contestant of a certain talent show isn't your favorite but still the only one you'd buy singles of?

Niels Geusebroek - Save the World

I hope this is viewable outside the Netherlands, because this is freaking brilliant.
  • edited December 2011
    I might be in love with a narcissist.
  • edited December 2011
    TomPravetz wrote: »
    I might be in love with a narcissist.
    Beware, it might become an incestual relationship.
  • edited December 2011
    Fuck yes! Kim Jong Il died! It's like an early Christmas present!
  • edited December 2011
    Fuck yes! Kim Jong Il died! It's like an early Christmas present!

Team America is trending worldwide.
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe we'll get lucky and the regime will fall apart. It's a shame to Communism. It's more like what would happen if a religious cult centered on a geriatric Korean murderer started a country.
  • edited December 2011
    Daniel Bryan is the new World Heavyweight Champion after cashing in Money in The Bank contract on The Big Show. And CM Punk retained the WWE title in a 3 way Tables Ladders and Chairs match.
  • edited December 2011
    Looks like my friend, Dr. NerdLove, got another increase in traffic thanks to StumbleUpon! So much so that it crashed his VPS... AGAIN!! :D

He's in a bit of shock right now, especially since the one article that he expected to go viral finally did.
  • edited December 2011
    Meh, in my opinion, Geek Girls != girls who happen to wear glasses anyway.

I don't even necessarily need to have a girl who happens to play video games. It just so happens that, well, more girls play video games, so nowadays it would be pretty hard to find one that doesn't.

AND YES, THE SIMS IS A VIDEO GAME, THANK YOU.

EDIT: So far I've found two video game characters I would love to see a crossover with.

Rosangela Blackwell from the Blackwell series and Hannah Dakota from the Blue Toad Murder Files. One is a classic point and click game and one is more of a puzzle game. It would seriously be cool to see these two ladies solve a mystery together.

Perhaps I will one day make a sprite comic out of it. One day.
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe we'll get lucky and the regime will fall apart. It's a shame to Communism. It's more like what would happen if a religious cult centered on a geriatric Korean murderer started a country.

Considering North Korea was a Necrocrasy in the first place, I doubt it.

also: why not just like.. date who you like? i dunno.
  • edited December 2011
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    Considering North Korea was a Necrocrasy in the first place, I doubt it.

A6pvN.jpg
  • edited December 2011
    R0Q0m.jpg

also he has a son
  • edited December 2011
    A son who has next to no support from the KPA, the real power force in the country.
  • edited December 2011
    Kim-Jong-R_jpg_250x1000_q85.jpg

aww but look at him

don't you want to pinch his chubby cheeks

aww
  • edited December 2011
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    Kim-Jong-R_jpg_250x1000_q85.jpg

aww but look at him

don't you want to pinch his chubby cheeks

aww

I wanna pinch them...

with this...

HrJY0l.jpg
  • edited December 2011
    Fixed.

brel93j
  • edited December 2011
    Tim Tebow killed Kim Jung-Il with his prayers. He gave up his winning streak to save us all from North Korean nuclear fire.

It just makes sense.
  • edited December 2011
    As a non-Tebow fan, I laughed my ass off when I read that those kids got suspended for doing the Tebow prayer stance. There will be no Tebowing in this school!
  • edited December 2011
    sizu8.png
  • edited December 2011
    Tim Tebow killed Kim Jung-Il with his prayers. He gave up his winning streak to save us all from North Korean nuclear fire.

It just makes sense.

Considering that I live in metro Denver, today is a great day to not give a shit about the Broncos.

On the other hand, my dad being in a shitty mood kind of sucked.
  • edited December 2011
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    sizu8.png

hah!
  • edited December 2011
    =\ Okay, I moved it to imageshack. Better?
  • edited December 2011
    *looks up book's publishing date* HOLY CRAP! You mean that joke is over 20 years old?! o.0
  • edited December 2011
    Sooo close to my Christmas vacation that I can almost feel my body relaxing. I just have to work for three more days today and tomorrow, Wednesday I got the day off as I have a dentist appointment (woo I can't wait for that as I love to have my gums ripped to shreds, I am telling you my dentist is not human, she is the spawn of Satan).
    Then I have a long day Thursday and then Friday is the big day. :)
    I have to get up at around 4 or 5 in the morning and my father will pick me up and drive me to the airport. (When I told him I had to go to Billund airport he insisted on driving me). And then I will take off at around 9 and be in England at about 10 where my boyfriend will pick me up. :D

So of course now time is just dragging away slowly, as I am waiting for about 8 new computers to show up. As we are taking over a new place here in the community, and all the employees there need new workstations.
    It has to work today or tomorrow, but if the computers is not here it's not really easy to do anything with them.
    I have other cases and I will get started on a few of them in a bit but I can't really drive anywhere as I have this important thing to do.
    I also have a kindergarten I have to go to here after 12, but I hope the computers show up before then.
  • edited December 2011
    Having heard the ending and opening themes to Red Dwarf, I feel like it's a show I should watch.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm starting to get offended at all the modern war type games. Kids play these games for entertainment and they go all out and the companies try to pimp these games out like it's the coolest thing...yet people have died..and people have suffered from those wars. Maybe it's too fresh a cut to be milking for money. I play battlefield 3..does it fall under the same category yes. Why do I play it for theraputic reasons..and yet I'm still kind of offended by it.
  • edited December 2011
    I hate Monday more and more with each progressing week.
  • edited December 2011
    Having heard the ending and opening themes to Red Dwarf, I feel like it's a show I should watch.

YES. YES IT IS.
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I'm starting to get offended at all the modern war type games. Kids play these games for entertainment and they go all out and the companies try to pimp these games out like it's the coolest thing...yet people have died..and people have suffered from those wars. Maybe it's too fresh a cut to be milking for money. I play battlefield 3..does it fall under the same category yes. Why do I play it for theraputic reasons..and yet I'm still kind of offended by it.

I couldn't agree more.
  • edited December 2011
    Well, I guess today marks the end of something truly wonderful.

Rest in peace, Kim Jong-il looks at things.
  • edited December 2011
    Heh. Give me the ability and I'll make a REAL war game for you.
    Not this overglorifying to the point of complete stupidity crap.
    All this rubbish does is make toy soldiers out of idiots.

War is something that should never happen. It is a full embodyment of the inherent flaws of man.

Hell, the Old Republic has a more realistic interpretation of war, and thats a sci-fi game!

If I was making a war game, I'd give you the complete experience.
    The fear, the paranoia, the frustration, the death.
    It would be a hard game, no, a cruel game, because thats what war is.

That being said, self-defence is important, and retaliation is necessary at times, but going into full scale war by choice is the worst of evils.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2011

It's one of my favourites. Start at the beginning (er... The End) if you can.
  • edited December 2011
    My signature includes an inside joke and only Fawful, Guru and IcedHope are privy.

Also, will now... "buy"... Red Dwarf.
  • edited December 2011
    Long Rant

And here I am, working overtime...
  • edited December 2011
    Question, though. Since when has the death of someone ever lead to something beautiful? For all we know the country will fall into a deeper pile of doodoo, or an even bigger threat would rise. And from what I've heard, his death was natural, which means that, no, the people of North-Korea still aren't better off with him dead. There is no outside government involved into leading the country back to democracy, so we seriously will not know who will be the next leader and if that leader is a huge dillhole or not.

So no, I do not see the joy in his death.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Also, will now... "buy"... Red Dwarf.

...Comrade, seriously?
  • edited December 2011
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Question, though. Since when has the death of someone ever lead to something beautiful?

Well, on behalf of all the families of the people he has had killed... I do.
  • edited December 2011
    ...Comrade, seriously?

I said nothing explicit. The text denoted sarcasm, you see. I have done nothing bannable. Don't want people thinking you're power mad, do you?
  • edited December 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    Well, on behalf of all the families of the people he has had killed... I do.
    Did you even bother reading the entire post?

Also, that's some really short-sighted thing. He died of a heart attack, not from a bullet to the face or an arrow in the knee or something. It's more like he dodged the bullet on this one. So no, that also doesn't work well now, does it?
  • edited December 2011
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    sizu8.png

Oh, great! Now people are pissing me off retroactively!

Hang your head in shame for never watching one of the greatest sitcoms of all time.

Then lift your head back up and squeal in delight, having finally crawled out from that rock you've been living under for all these years and realising what you've been missing out on.

Then hang your head in shame once again for "buying" the DVDs.

Seriously though, now's a great time to get into Red Dwarf seeming as they've only just recorded the first episode of series X last Friday (for broadcast next year). Also, I strongly advise that you do actually buy the DVDs (as opposed to "buying" them), not only because it's right to support great things but because the special features are mind blowingly awesome.
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Question, though. Since when has the death of someone ever lead to something beautiful? For all we know the country will fall into a deeper pile of doodoo, or an even bigger threat would rise. And from what I've heard, his death was natural, which means that, no, the people of North-Korea still aren't better off with him dead. There is no outside government involved into leading the country back to democracy, so we seriously will not know who will be the next leader and if that leader is a huge dillhole or not.

Question, though. Since when has the banning of someone ever lead to something beautiful? For all we know the forum will fall into a deeper pile of doodo!'s, or an even bigger genius would rise. And from what I've heard, his banning was unjust, which means that, no, the people of this forum still aren't better off with him banned. There is no outside user involved into leading the forum back to wonderful lunacy, so we seriously will not know who will be the next glorious nut job and if that beautiful fruitcake is a huge dillhole or not.

So no, I do not see the joy in his banning.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2011
    I said nothing explicit. The text denoted sarcasm, you see. I have done nothing bannable. Don't want people thinking you're power mad, do you?

Just watch what you're posting... a little bit better.
    You know quite well that I hate that B button, but a mod does what a mod must do.
This discussion has been closed.