The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I feel like a puppet, it is going on and off on and off, I feel like I am being trolled by a forum.

• I just found out that the FAQ Jennifer and I put into the TWaU forums lost all changes since they were first posted. That means my entire newbie guide was wiped, and all the leftover info in Jen's post is severely outdated.

And the stuff just keeps coming.

• Ouch, I always hate it when it does not save my stuff, happening to a newbie guide must be a real pain.

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2013

After dozens of 504s and Yikeses, I just experienced my first "Fatal error"! Jackpot!!

• Ooookay. Can we now find out what the character limit per post is? I believe it has at least been divided by twenty.

• Good question, they said they would increase the limit, but I don't know anymore.

• edited September 2013

Maxed it out. Used a text counter and subtracted the overage.

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2013

So why did it just cut me off after 1786 up there? And recently Guru after 2015?

Johro posted: »

8300 Maxed it out. Used a text counter and subtracted the overage.

• I have not the slightest clue, forum glitch perhaps?

• edited September 2013

...and it cut me off at 2048

Forum can't handle it's own settings I guess.

• I have not the slightest clue, forum glitch perhaps?

Well, by all means, there certainly is a limit to the number of possible forum glitches, and we're wayyyyy beyond. :(

• By the way, some fun things happened to the original Whatever thread. As I may have mentioned before, I closed it and created a new one because when the mods got a brief look at the site before it went live (VERY brief), Whatever was so large, it had a hard time loading. So after I closed it, I started splitting the original thread into four just so it would be readable as an archive. Well, so much for that. The new forums seem to have rolled them back together but it also suddenly cuts off after 3000-some pages (I think the pages are shorter, which is why it's longer than its old 2014 pages but now has less content). So the last few months of Whatever are totally gone.

• I have no comment to say about that, at this point I am not surprised.

• "I have nothing to say in this panel, Max."

• They're not completely gone yet. June 10-Aug. 27 are still available on version 1.3.

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/49312/the-whatevers-on-your-mind-thread-1-3

GuruGuru214 posted: »

By the way, some fun things happened to the original Whatever thread. As I may have mentioned before, I closed it and created a new one becau

• Yikes! I was willing to tolerate the new forum but the website overall seems to be falling into shambles. I became a fan of Telltale after having discovered episode 104 of Sam and Max for free on Steam in 2007/8 and got hooked on them afterwards, but really only lurked this community until Poker Night 1 came out which is quite the shame as it seems I missed the Telltale Community in it's Prime. I regret having not actively participated back in those days, but I'm still inclined to check out the Double Fine forums and meet up with some fellow Telltale users.

• Wow. After reading what everyone said here. This new forum feels way more broken than the old forums. While the downtime issue may or may not have been fixed (I'm not sure at this point). The damn forums ether take about between a couple of seconds to a minute to load and even then half the time it doesn't load at all.

• The downtime issue was fixed by having the entire forums be constantly in quasi-downtime. This is all I got.

• edited September 2013

Yeah well i'd rather have the couple hours of downtime rather than the forums not loading at all. I don't know how anyone could praise this over the old forums. (I think I seen a few people praising this new forum.) It also seems more glitchy than the old forums.

The downtime issue was fixed by having the entire forums be constantly in quasi-downtime. This is all I got.

• Personally, I think the people in the first few pages of that thread were paid off. They must have been. Right? I mean really. I can MAYBE see someone liking this format better, those kids, but to call this leaps and bounds better? I can't even fathom that.

• You got a point, who likes this more then the old version says no one, they must have been smashed with the strongest whiskey ever, or as you said, paid off.

• Honestly, I think they're just sheep.

• I am leaning toward that being the truth, I mean they did bribe some reviewer to say Jurassic Park a while back right, or am I mixing them up with someone else, it is so hard to remember when this forum is giving me a headache.

• I think the issue with Jurassic Park was that staff members were posting user reviews of the game on metacritic to artificially inflate the score.

I am leaning toward that being the truth, I mean they did bribe some reviewer to say Jurassic Park a while back right, or am I mixing them up with someone else, it is so hard to remember when this forum is giving me a headache.

• Hey I think I'm starting to get used to the way this is laid out!

Hooray for me!

• http://imgur.com/a/TlBiw

Some of my Miiverse images.

• sits down and deals out a hand of solitaire

Looks like I'm alone.

• Personally, I think the people in the first few pages of that thread were paid off. They must have been. Right? I mean really. I can MAYBE see someone liking this format better, those kids, but to call this leaps and bounds better? I can't even fathom that.

'Paid off', no, Johro. Just no. Still, it's somehow interesting how the praise people have suddenly started posting although they seem to have been around for quite some time without ever posting. That I don't really understand.

sits down and deals out a hand of solitaire Looks like I'm alone.

• Ian McKellen will play Sherlock Holmes in A slight trick of the Mind.

• edited September 2013

Vainamoinen, It was an ill-fated attempt at humour.
    I still refuse to hit the reply button.

• SPidermanlol

Well damn. If I knew it was the end I would've finished with something better than Ben Stiller covered in cereal.

• edited September 2013
    My replies keep going to the bottom of the page (books have them too you know!) Also on spoilers there is a test button that says  "Yikes!

We ran into an issue because an unknown error occurred." And where are the smileys. (pandas)

• potatoes. apparently i'm hungry. also the new forum isnt that bad. then again i have been posting in the activation forum for zombies and its a bit similar to it so it doesn't bug me much.

• Say, did we ever try the GOOD things that come with Markdown?

• I've been wondering what the difference is between a 504, a Yikes, a Fatal Error and an Uh Oh. Alt text

• Awwww, even sample link is gone.

The content has been removed, but the page is still up because apparently (from the source code):

<!-- THIS FILE IS REQUIRED TO NOTIFY SAM & MAX (SEASON 2) THAT IT IS ONLINE.  DO NOT DELETE -->

Also, I miss the ability to preview posts.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.