E2 Release Discussion:PC/Mac/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Kindle/Android out now;Vita/PS4/XOne:Nov 4 NA/Nov 7 EU

Comments

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

sorry :P

Vainamoinen posted: »

Oh God I have derailed this thread so much I don't even

• One of my posts has been deleted. Am I the only one?

Do I owe this to the mods? If yes, this is beyond ridiculous.

• 93 new comments in less than a day. How do you guys expect me to keep up?

• Went through the same stuff with all the other seasons figure they would learn by now quit announcing seasons with monthly episodes because you can never deliver this is why i refuse to buy most these episode formats now days.

• yeah that did seem hell of short didnt it?

CiscoKidd81 posted: »

I just hope it's not as short as s2 ep1 of the walking dead.

• It's not just you.

Gabster posted: »

One of my posts has been deleted. Am I the only one? Do I owe this to the mods? If yes, this is beyond ridiculous.

• They've said prequel and everything we've seen in episode one right up until the last five seconds bares that out.

radioshaam posted: »

Seeing as how the game will actually continue, it's worth it to ask this question: Is this a prequel to the comics or an alternate storyline with the same characters and setting?

• Don't worry, half of them seem to be getting deleted anyway.

KrustyFries posted: »

93 new comments in less than a day. How do you guys expect me to keep up?

• Telltale don't do monthly episodes.

Goldrock posted: »

Went through the same stuff with all the other seasons figure they would learn by now quit announcing seasons with monthly episodes because you can never deliver this is why i refuse to buy most these episode formats now days.

• Hope the delay wasn't caused by my "Red-Head-Guy topic". First month of February is still a long time to wait , but it's better than nothing so I'll take it :)

• I really like you Thing in The lake

• How would that cause a delay exactly? :P

HeartLocker posted: »

Hope the delay wasn't caused by my "Red-Head-Guy topic". First month of February is still a long time to wait , but it's better than nothing so I'll take it

• it probably was XD. probably had to rewrite the whole thing.

HeartLocker posted: »

Hope the delay wasn't caused by my "Red-Head-Guy topic". First month of February is still a long time to wait , but it's better than nothing so I'll take it

• Let's make this episode a long one!

• FreddeN93FreddeN93 Banned
    edited January 2014

Me personally always play newly released episodes for both The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among us at least five times. Making sure I didn't miss anything important in the story, (English is my second language, and when I rushed through the first season of The Walking Dead I didn't fully understand the story until I did a second playthrough), make sure I use /all/ "look at" options, and because I just don't feel I get enough of it. And when I do this playthroughs I always starts from the first episode again after a long pause from playing them; trying different approaches to affect the newly released episode. :)

Scytheslay posted: »

Let's make this episode a long one!

• Whatever's cooking, it's gonna be good, and you should know it! Telltale may be struggling with time, public relations and a hundred other things, but what I could never imagine them struggling with is good, solid content.

• The second season of TWD, so far, isn't convincing me of that.

Whatever's cooking, it's gonna be good, and you should know it! Telltale may be struggling with time, public relations and a hundred other things, but what I could never imagine them struggling with is good, solid content.

• one episode out of five..
    care to explain why ?

how many people thought the same of season 1 ep1 ?

ViralType posted: »

The second season of TWD, so far, isn't convincing me of that.

• I'd imagine YouTube videos of playthroughs would also be helpful since you can pause at will. Takes a lot of dedication to play though an episode five times in a second language. :P

FreddeN93 posted: »

Me personally always play newly released episodes for both The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among us at least five times. Making sure I didn't mi

• A few random posts have disappeared from the new forum update I think. I don't know why.

Alternatively, we removed a high layered comment that was harassing a user/spamming the thread, and the lower comments got removed as well.

Gabster posted: »

One of my posts has been deleted. Am I the only one? Do I owe this to the mods? If yes, this is beyond ridiculous.

• Indeed. But thank god Telltale included the pause key for The Walking Dead: Season Two and The Wolf Among Us. Been abusing it alot for Faith and All That Remains to take my own time reading parts I don't fully understand, and dialogues.

I'd imagine YouTube videos of playthroughs would also be helpful since you can pause at will. Takes a lot of dedication to play though an episode five times in a second language. :P

• lol

the red panda reading a newspaper!!!

• edited January 2014

Personally, I thought S1E1 was a great first episode. It gave us action, dialogue and simple puzzles to solve on our own and interact freely. The pacing was good introduction into normal, yet unusual for us, procedure (cop car), quick HOLY SHIT moment (zombies), proper feel for the world we're in now (Sandra), Easy going spot (Hershel's farm), reminder of how fucked we actually are (Hershel's Farm and the Lee family Pharmacy), denouement (motel).

S2E2 has a good introduction (washroom), good HOLY SHIT moment (attack in woods), and then we lose the proper feel with the solo act and Sam. There is no easy going spot, there is only the constant reminder of how fucked we are (the entire cabin area and the cabin itself, then the riverbank), and there is no denouement. It just ends abruptly.

The last part is why I didn't like episodes 3 and 4 of S1. They had no good ending, it was all ciffhangers and they are mondo cheap.

one episode out of five.. care to explain why ? how many people thought the same of season 1 ep1 ?

• What is wrong with a good cliffhanger. Having to end on a good note is really not something that should happen often in a fucked up environment. I am not saying all episodes should end as such but the content they put out for the second season of TWD I thought was very well done. Try not to look for the same patterns in things you like because eventually the story is going to start becoming to predictable. That is just my opinion anyway.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited January 2014

This is a rare exception for newer series like Walking Dead or Wolf Among Us. Most if not all of Telltale's episodic games have been distributed monthly in the past.

Telltale don't do monthly episodes.

• "I want to publicly endorse staying silent through the entire 1st scene of Wolf episode 2. I promise you will feel totally cool and not lame."

I wonder whats going to happen

• i'm gonna go with the wait between episodes makes cliffhangers feel worse,

Dirzhek posted: »

What is wrong with a good cliffhanger. Having to end on a good note is really not something that should happen often in a fucked up environmen

• 0_o

bittersweet like Tashonda's Hersheys Kiss nipples......neil patrick harris 4 life.... beotch

• LIE!

Telltale don't do monthly episodes.

• No, ending on a good note is not nor has it ever been a prerequisite for worlds such as the one in TWD. However, I do expect more closure than cock-teasing, and so far there's been more cliffhangers than closure in TWD and it get so tiresome. Or to make my point lucidly:

Alt text

Dude, I'm the single most vocal enemy of stories-by-pattern. Hell, it's the reason I thought Mass Effect 2 was superior to 1. And why I thought Dragon Age II was better than Origins (ready your pitchforks) - because they weren't by the numbers. But not going for a mold does not mean having to have a metric ton of cliffhangers. Yes, I know I'm getting hung-up on those, but I'm really getting tired of seeing them.

Dirzhek posted: »

What is wrong with a good cliffhanger. Having to end on a good note is really not something that should happen often in a fucked up environmen

• The wait definitely doesn't help.

i'm gonna go with the wait between episodes makes cliffhangers feel worse,

• Yeah right. What, next you're going to tell us the Earth is spherical? That bats aren't birds? Pfft, just listen to this madman.

This is a rare exception for newer series like Walking Dead or Wolf Among Us. Most if not all of Telltale's episodic games have been distributed monthly in the past.

• Nah, but I was gonna mention that Pizza is a vegetable though... :P

ViralType posted: »

Yeah right. What, next you're going to tell us the Earth is spherical? That bats aren't birds? Pfft, just listen to this madman.

• "Our writer Adam Hines hard at work on Fables episode 3. "

I'm sorry but what the fuck is this ? Nick Herman(Cinematic Artist for TTG) gave more information more than PR workers

• What are you quoting?

vivec posted: »

"Our writer Adam Hines hard at work on Fables episode 3. " I'm sorry but what the fuck is this ? Nick Herman(Cinematic Artist for TTG) gave more information more than PR workers

• I was talking as of now. I realize they did it in the past, and even promoted the first season of TWD as monthly. We all know that changed pretty fast.

• [removed]

Scytheslay posted: »

I really like you Thing in The lake

• Well, then maybe they shouldn't have chopped off Snow White's head...

They've said prequel and everything we've seen in episode one right up until the last five seconds bares that out.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.