E2 Release Discussion:PC/Mac/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Kindle/Android out now;Vita/PS4/XOne:Nov 4 NA/Nov 7 EU

Comments

• I can't download episode 2. It just says "Coming Soon!" in Episodes...

• edited February 2014

Repost

• "network unavailable"

Meanwhile on my steam friendlist: Everybody's playing Wolf Among Us.

• When I connect to the game now, it doesn't have the option to download the new episode citing 'coming soon' still though the 'full game' version on my profile here still says episode 2's available.

• I can't download episode 2. It just says "Coming Soon!" in Episodes...

• edited February 2014

HOLY CRAP MULTIPLE POSTS. NO IDEA HOW THAT HAPPENED

Can't connect now.

You know what, I'm getting really fed up with Telltale now. Been a huge fan since the Same & Max days but every since The Walking Dead their delivery service has turned to shit. Buy it on Steam though, get it without any problems. Think I'll hold off of any future products.

onallion posted: »

I'm getting "network unavailable" when trying to download the new chapter. Also trying to download the full game from the website, since it says it includes chapter 2 now. Might as well try.

• edited February 2014

Repost

• "network unavailable"

Meanwhile on my steam friendlist: Everybody's playing Wolf Among Us.

• Still can't connect.

You know what, I'm getting really fed up with Telltale now. Been a huge fan since the Same & Max days but every since The Walking Dead their delivery service has turned to shit. Buy it on Steam though, get it without any problems. Think I'll hold off of any future products.

I'm getting "network unavailable" when trying to download the new chapter. Also trying to download the full game from the website, since it says it includes chapter 2 now. Might as well try.

• Still can't connect.

• edited February 2014

Edit: If I look at all these posts I feel like Telltale is running everything on just one server.

• Well, last time I buy on Telltale's site. Gotta start using Steam more. TWD S2 was out earlier on Steam than on Telltale as well. You'd think we'd get at least a little bit of a headstart when we buy directly from Telltale, but I guess not.

Nothing we can really do besides be patient though I suppose. On a positive note, I am so incredibly excited to play this game I can barely contain myself.

• Same here!

butthead posted: »

I can't download episode 2. It just says "Coming Soon!" in Episodes...

• Yep, I can see alot of Episode 2 files being downloaded on Steam. Let's just hope it works when launching...

• edited February 2014

Just reading a review on it by joystiq:

• "I won't spoil the plot of this quite short episode"
    • "The gameplay of Episode 2 feels somewhat sparse compared to Episode 1, because it doesn't require nearly as much exposition and explanation. "Smoke and Mirrors" is also a far less active Episode than its predecessor, relying much more on investigation and conversation than fisticuffs. Bigby does get into a few scraps, but this time around he's trying to use his head more than his claws, which is perhaps why the Episode feels a bit more sluggish than "Faith"."

.-.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/04/the-wolf-among-us-smoke-and-mirrors-review-of-wolf-and-man/

• edited February 2014

Still says coming soon for me. But this is typically how it goes. I usually never have the new episode appear until the next day. Telltale makes some fantastic games, but their actual service to their customers is absolutely atrocious.

• its on steam now
    !!!!!

• I'm unable to download episode 2 for Mac. I bought the game so should be no issues on that end. Any scoop on the Mac download content?

• Having the same issues for Mac version.

butthead posted: »

I can't download episode 2. It just says "Coming Soon!" in Episodes...

• Still says "Coming Soon" for me too, are Macs not getting the new episode until tomorrow?

• I don't like the sound of that...

Just reading a review on it by joystiq: * "I won't spoil the plot of this quite short episode" * "The gameplay of Episode 2 feels somewh

• Thought that was the case, thanks!

Aragem23 posted: »

I don't think it does. It just allows you to download the next eps without having to pay more.

• it says avaible now for me

LeeAnn16 posted: »

Still says "Coming Soon" for me too, are Macs not getting the new episode until tomorrow?

• Your on steam right? It's not on mac yet, only pc, at least for me...

jakobennis posted: »

it says avaible now for me

• i'm having the same problem on my mac. Has anything change on yours?

LeeAnn16 posted: »

Still says "Coming Soon" for me too, are Macs not getting the new episode until tomorrow?

• Will the game be released in the middle east on Feb. 4th as well?

• Wish I could download ep 2 outside of the game. Can imagine better things than watch the percentage climb to a 100, and Alt-tabbing back and forth seems to have frozen the program.

• It's the same time for everybody, only that that time is different all over the world for the different time zones if you get what I mean. ;)

Steam version is definitly already out.

Will the game be released in the middle east on Feb. 4th as well?

• How large is the download?

grindgrin posted: »

Wish I could download ep 2 outside of the game. Can imagine better things than watch the percentage climb to a 100, and Alt-tabbing back and forth seems to have frozen the program.

• I'm having the same problem :/ I have even left in on the screen the entire download time and it freezes at 100% :(

grindgrin posted: »

Wish I could download ep 2 outside of the game. Can imagine better things than watch the percentage climb to a 100, and Alt-tabbing back and forth seems to have frozen the program.

• FreddeN93FreddeN93 Banned
    edited February 2014

Well, um... I don't know about you but I'm disappointed over Smoke & Mirrors. The episode itself is decent, but Telltale messed up pretty big with the Next time on The Wolf Among Us in Faith. It also have alot of wrong-doings, but not gonna post them to avoid spoilers.

I hope, I really do, that they don't make the same mistakes with The Walking Dead.

• Doubt it. Seems some story details changed for episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us. The third episode picture has changed by the way, and the preview for episode 2 after completing the first episode has also had scenes stripped to account for the direction they took the episode in. I'm thinking it's the reason for the delay.

With The Walking Dead being around the corner, it seems like it's practically done.

FreddeN93 posted: »

Well, um... I don't know about you but I'm disappointed over Smoke & Mirrors. The episode itself is decent, but Telltale messed up pretty

• FreddeN93FreddeN93 Banned
    edited February 2014

True. By promising us The Walking Dead just around the corner, they must be done with The Wolf Among Us for now.

I didn't notice A Crooked Mile's cover changing though... Must investigate.

Also, was it only me who didn't get my choices as the end of the episode?

Rob_K posted: »

Doubt it. Seems some story details changed for episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us. The third episode picture has changed by the way, and the previ

• Don't worry. EP2 is more quiet than EP1 but this give you a different feeling while playing. Great episode.

OdanUrr posted: »

I don't like the sound of that...

• I didn't get my choices either

FreddeN93 posted: »

True. By promising us The Walking Dead just around the corner, they must be done with The Wolf Among Us for now. I didn't notice A Crooked

• Meanwhile in ios world.......
    sighhhhhhhhhhhhh

• I bought the game directly from the TellTale store, but when i get in the game, under download content, it says i have the season pass, but episode 2 is "coming soon" ... fuck me

stone4345 posted: »

Your on steam right? It's not on mac yet, only pc, at least for me...

• Is there a release date for Australia? It's the 5th here and still no episode 2 on Xbox

• and it tomorrow in danmark and in eu

Sign in to comment in this discussion.