Where the hell is Sam & Max Season 3

Comments

• edited August 2009
    Finaly, NO MORE SODA POPPERS!

Where did you hear that?

Just because they died last season, doesn't mean they can't still come back, killed-off characters have come back before remember: Hugh Bliss, SCP, Brady Culture...:rolleyes:
  • edited August 2009
    Considering they
    were burned alive in a pit of lava
    , I'm sure they'll return ...
    as Darth Poppers
    ! There's an easter egg for the DVD release!
  • edited August 2009
    There's an easter egg for the DVD release!

I'm sure. I'm sure...
  • edited August 2009
    I'm just even happy that they're realeasing a third season!

Yeah. But if it takes more than 2 years from now, I just MIGHT lose my patience. :D
  • edited August 2009
    Just think of it like a HBO series where sometimes you have to wait a year or two for the next season..
  • edited August 2009
    Does anyone think all this speculation and all this waiting will make the series 3 feel crap and not worth it in comparison of what we thought it might have been? :(
  • edited August 2009
    Does anyone think all this speculation and all this waiting will make the series 3 feel crap and not worth it in comparison of what we thought it might have been? :(

Naaaah. Telltale are getting better and better. If your expectation is within reason it will be fine :)
  • edited August 2009
    I just hope they don't get rid of the supporting cast. I like those guys.
  • edited August 2009
    I wouldn't be surprised if the first episodes of Season 3 overlapped with the final episode(s) of TMI. Remember, they released both Season 1 and Season 2 near the end of the year. (Oct 2006 and Nov 2007 respectively.)
    lecharles wrote: »
    When they finaly do release this game, it's going to be awesome! Finaly, NO MORE SODA POPPERS! Whizzer's bladder issue jokes were starting to get old.

They weren't even funny when they were fresh :p
  • edited August 2009
    I wouldn't be surprised if the first episodes of Season 3 overlapped with the final episode(s) of TMI. Remember, they released both Season 1 and Season 2 near the end of the year. (Oct 2006 and Nov 2007 respectively.)

It's likely through another perspective - TMI Season One overlapped the last episode of Wallace and Gromit Season One.
  • edited August 2009
    If we don't hear about Season 3 by the end of TMI then I think a small uprising is on the agenda :D
  • edited August 2009
    Good to know. :cool:

So according to wikipedia's scheldue of TMI, we uprise December the 1st.
  • edited August 2009
    That's the plan :)
  • edited September 2009
    Where did you hear that?

Just because they died last season, doesn't mean they can't still come back, killed-off characters have come back before remember: Hugh Bliss, SCP, Brady Culture...:rolleyes:

While you make a point about death in the S&M universe, the death of the soda poppers seemed to be more of a joke between the fan base and the writers. The way the poppers were handled in season 2 was a nod to fans not liking them and with their evil villain stereo type of a last scene, them saying they would be back only to have the lava come down on them seemed to be the exclamation point of "no they won't, we get it and give in! - love, the writers."

To bring them back would take away from that punchline and considering how well it was executed, it would be shame to do that.
  • edited September 2009
    riappi wrote: »
    While you make a point about death in the S&M universe, the death of the soda poppers seemed to be more of a joke between the fan base and the writers. The way the poppers were handled in season 2 was a nod to fans not liking them and with their evil villain stereo type of a last scene, them saying they would be back only to have the lava come down on them seemed to be the exclamation point of "no they won't, we get it and give in! - love, the writers."

To bring them back would take away from that punchline and considering how well it was executed, it would be shame to do that.

I'm just pointing out the possibility, I don't actually want them back.
  • edited September 2009
    All this whining is driving me nuts! People keep asking for new series, but keep whining about the delay of this! Telltale is a small company. In order to release everything one year after the next, they'd have to at least cancel one series or abbreviate the seasons for a new series! If there really needs to be a new series, I think that they should run on a three season pattern. Three seasons come out for series x y or z, and then it goes on hiatus for two years.
  • edited September 2009
    Where the Hell ?
  • edited September 2009
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    If we don't hear about Season 3 by the end of TMI then I think a small uprising is on the agenda :D

Ah! Just checked Tales of Monkey Island wiki. The last episode is to be released in November/December. That's not the November projection. And as Telltale don't release their games fully into December, as the Sam and Max gaming scheldue show.

Maybe we won't get any S+M until...gulp...January...
  • edited September 2009
    I'm gonna expect it early 2010 and if it gets released earlier I'll be pleasantly surprised
  • edited September 2009
    It would make sense to start releasing Season 3, considering Season 1 Episode 1 was released in 2006 and Season 2's opening episode 2008, in 2010. I think it'll be hard to beat S1&2 (S2 was slightly better for me and both better than Tales, which I think is brilliant). But the groove they're in at the moment, they're capable of great things.

After that, another Wallace & Gromit? Leisure Suit Larry? Grim Fandango? DuckTales? The end of Bone? A new Monkey Island? Something entirely new? Who knows.
  • edited September 2009
    Ditto. TTG would never deprive clamoring fans of their favorite franchise. Granted, I would like another Bone game, but Sam and Max are much more important. Also-Leisure Suit Larry? Really? Sorry that series died. Besides, I'd like something more original, anyways.
  • edited September 2009
    ted12 wrote: »
    Ditto. TTG would never deprive clamoring fans of their favorite franchise. Granted, I would like another Bone game, but Sam and Max are much more important. Also-Leisure Suit Larry? Really? Sorry that series died. Besides, I'd like something more original, anyways.

Monkey Island and (as a computer game franchise) Sam & Max died too, but Telltale resurrected those.
  • edited September 2009
    I don't think anyone wants to touch LSL with a ten-foot pole for a while. It's reputation has been tainted too much by the last few titles. Unless Al Lowe gets personally involved, they should just leave it be.
  • edited September 2009
    PimPamPet wrote: »
    I don't think anyone wants to touch LSL with a ten-foot pole for a while. It's reputation has been tainted too much by the last few titles. Unless Al Lowe gets personally involved, they should just leave it be.

I don't think Al Lowe will touch it either...at least til he gets the rights back, and then we will see about a new game.
  • edited September 2009
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I don't think Al Lowe will touch it either...at least til he gets the rights back, and then we will see about a new game.

He never had the rights in the first place, Sierra did. Telltale must approach them, then get Al Lowe on board.
  • edited September 2009
    I'd kind of like to see what they could do with Bone now that they've got more freedom in how they set scenes with the W&G and ToMI interface. I know it's unpopular (so please, no flaming) but Bone is an epic-y series, so the fancy camera angles would really help it out a lot. Not to mention they've got a much better handle on what they're capable of development schedule-wise. Not that I'm expecting a reboot any time soon, I'm just saying that's a series I'd love to see them come back to eventually. It'd be a helluva yardstick.
  • edited September 2009
    I want a second Monkey Island game.
    I want a second Wallace & Gromit season.
    Telltale MUST finish the Bone games.
    No more Strong Bad, please.

And what Telltale really need to change themes is a sci-fi adventure. Something like The Dig 2 or a new Space Quest would be perfect...
  • edited September 2009
    Megaace wrote: »
    I want a second Monkey Island game.
    I want a second Wallace & Gromit season.
    Telltale MUST finish the Bone games.
    No more Strong Bad, please.

And what Telltale really need to change themes is a sci-fi adventure. Something like The Dig 2 or a new Space Quest would be perfect...

This man speeks truth.

More MI and Wallace, and Sam and Max are always great too.

But for heavens, no more Strongbad, pretty please.
  • edited September 2009
    Now that I've finally played it recently, I think Strong Bad is "just OK". I didn't really like or dislike it. Perhaps because I wasn't familiar with the characters before. I somewhat enjoyed the game, but it didn't really compare in terms of quality to the other Telltale games I've played.
  • edited October 2009
    I found Strong Bad sorta funny, just not laugh-aloud funny. I found it hard to get into.
  • edited October 2009
    It does feel like I've been waiting for a new Sam & Max season forever already. Strong Bad was very hit and miss for me, but the same is true of the content it was based off of. Wallace and Gromit was ok but a little slow. Monkey Island has so far been pretty good (err, excellent for most developers but only pretty good for Telltale), has yet to live up to Season 2 of Sam & Max, definite potential to get there.
  • edited October 2009
    Well Sam & Max is a particular brand of humor, you don't really get it from anywhere else. Soo this is why I'm still really excited about a new season..
  • edited October 2009
    The waiting = Builds up the hype.

The hype = If increased too much, ruins your playing experience of season 3.

Angry Players = Developers making the series, make it totally different to appeal to fans.

^ I really hope this doesn't happen. :(
  • edited October 2009
    I hope they resume Sam & Max S3 while they're compiling the TMI DVD then announce in late Jan the new season, complete with first episode release late March.
  • edited October 2009
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    I hope they resume Sam & Max S3 while they're compiling the TMI DVD then announce in late Jan the new season, complete with first episode release late March.

I wouldn't be happy with the late March release - I've got exams in June again, so it would interfere deeply.
  • edited October 2009
    A lot of MI... A season per year till end of times would be just what I need :D:D:D

Another Sam&Max and 2 titles I'd like to see them to make are of course Larry but also Indiana Jones. I just can't live with the fact Lucas makes new Indy games only for consoles and that they make them as Action Games. I just need Indiana Jones to come back with a great Adventure Game and I'm convice TTG can make something big with it.
  • edited October 2009
    My only games of choice: Strong Bad and Sam and Max, and maybe Wallace and Gromit, I don't really get Monkey Island. but anyways, I can't wait for Season 3 of Sam and Max
  • edited October 2009
    Sanin92 wrote: »
    But for heavens sake, make another Strongbad, pretty please.

Fixed. :D

I liked SBCG4AP, and I had never heard of Homestar Runner before!
  • edited October 2009
    I'm a fan of Strongbad and Homestar Runner but I just could not get into the games. I dunno why. They're hilarious in little animated shorts, but over the course of a couple hours...I guess it was just hard to connect with a setting and characters that have such a small link to reality.

The games looked amazing, though.
  • edited October 2009
    I did not know about Strong Bad before TT did the series. Now that I've played the game I found the characters endearing enough -- if not for Marzipan I'd have loved the games much more.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.