Where the hell is Sam & Max Season 3

Comments

• edited December 2009
    The Curse of Monkey Island is probably my favorite interface.

This. =)

As for Sam & Max Season Three... What gives? D= Why hasn't it been announced yet? D=
    Hopefully Season Three will be made... If there is no announcement about Season Three after the newest Monkey Island episode, I think I'll... Err, just wait patiently. ^^;
  • edited December 2009
    "I don't wanna pick him up. I don't think he likes me that way"
  • edited December 2009
    amir90p wrote: »
    "I don't wanna pick him up. I don't think he likes me that way"
    While that's perhaps chuckle-worthy, it's been done a million times over. If there is a verb joke that can be added, it was likely used in the Infocom parser. If it wasn't done by them, then Sierra or LucasArts did it. As fun as the few times the verbs actually provided new content were, it generally was just "I can't pick that up!", or "I don't want to look at that.", or "No, I'd rather not."
  • edited December 2009
    I'll be damned, I thought they gave up on Sam and Max... crap, that means I'm gonna have to leave the forum... such a bittersweet turn...
  • edited December 2009
    The promo alures me with its crypticness (actually a word?)
  • edited December 2009
    It means, that they'll be coming either the begining of 2010 or mid...I'm thinking.
  • edited December 2009
    Does that background image mean they venture into space this season? [not in a bsotm/cotd way]
  • edited December 2009
    At last! 2010 will reveal Max's psychic powers! And... More?
  • edited December 2009
    Hero1 wrote: »
    Does that background image mean they venture into space this season? [not in a bsotm/cotd way]

Well, I -think- that's a spaceship.
  • edited December 2009
    Wooo! SAM AND MAX ARE BACK!
  • edited December 2009
    Don't forget to scavenge some Easter eggs from the 2010 page...
  • edited December 2009
    Frogacuda wrote: »
    Oh, there the hell Sam & Max Season 3 is.
  • edited December 2009
    Well, I -think- that's a spaceship.

I'm pretty sure that's a rocket (or bomb?) launcher. You can see the trigger, the scope, and the front looks kind of like one of these:

http://www.atomicarchive.com/Fission/Images/fatman.jpg
  • edited December 2009
    I'm rather confused. From the audio this sounds less and less like the previous Sam and Max games. IT sounds much more serious, and hte comment about "...no longer can you... unleash witty comments..." sounds like they're going to make it even more serious.

Honestly it seems more like a JRPG than a point-and-click adventure game...
  • edited December 2009
    Ashton wrote: »
    I'm rather confused. From the audio this sounds less and less like the previous Sam and Max games. IT sounds much more serious, and hte comment about "...no longer can you... unleash witty comments..." sounds like they're going to make it even more serious.

...Deja vu.
  • edited December 2009
    We'll get it in spring of 2010 ^^
  • edited December 2009
    I bet, I mean, predict the first episode comes out on Janurary 7, 2010 at 18:45 PST.
  • edited December 2009
    Lena_P wrote: »
    I bet, I mean, predict the first episode comes out on Janurary 7, 2010 at 18:45 PST.

Hugh Bliss, The emo Vampire, The Soda Poppers, and The marachi bands team up against Sam & Max and try to destroy them. That's all.
  • edited December 2009
    Somehow I bet on March for a release date. Dunno why I just do. I don't expect more info until after Christmas or after New Year.
  • edited December 2009

Watch the Season Two teaser trailer again.
  • edited December 2009

Oh god I hope they don't guarentee monthly releases again! I don't think my poor heart could take all that excitement. =P
  • edited December 2009
    They've always done monthly releases...
  • edited December 2009
    Oh huh. I guess I just never noticed it before. =\
  • edited December 2009

I'm betting midnight, Dec 26th, 2010. else Dec 1st 2010 (for a nice holiday stocking stuffer!)
    Watch the Season Two teaser trailer again.

Season 2 trailor was silly as everything. Oddly enough it had nothing to do with S2 except
    the appearance of the maimtron and showing us a glimpse in stinky's and bosco's
  • edited December 2009
    Season 2 trailor was silly as everything.

We're talking about Sam and Max. It's not a problem. It's a norm.
  • edited December 2009
    I'm betting midnight, Dec 26th, 2010. else Dec 1st 2010 (for a nice holiday stocking stuffer!)

D=
    You are wrong!
    ...Please be wrong?
    Although late 2010 would give Telltale plenty of time to do something new in the mean time.

But...but you're wrong!
  • edited December 2009

Okay, be honest. You don't really want them to make season three, do you?
  • edited December 2009
    Okay, be honest. You don't really want them to make season three, do you?

ehhh... 70% of me does, but to be honest 30% says that the series ended brilliantly without major holes in the plot any worse than in the comics, and I think the longer soemthing continues the worse it gets untill it's a chore (for example, a certain Anime I used to watch was my FAVORITE... untill epp 75 then it was just in my top 10, by pp 125 it was just one I liked, by 200 I only watched it when I had nothign else, and by 275 I stopped watching it entirely... and AFIK it's run atleast 100 more epps since then)

It's more I like to taunt TTG and it's forumites so that they have to counter so people dont get mad, and thus they release more information, it's psycology (though not that they know it probably wont work anymore...)
  • edited December 2009
    Well, since they've only made 11 episodes so far I don't think we have to worry about the series going stale quite yet. Especially since, you know, "plot holes" aren't exactly a problem in the Sam and Max "universe" anyway. They have all the narrative consistency of a fever dream.
  • edited December 2009
    Well, since they've only made 11 episodes so far I don't think we have to worry about the series going stale quite yet. Especially since, you know, "plot holes" aren't exactly a problem in the Sam and Max "universe" anyway. They have all the narrative consistency of a fever dream.

That's part of the reason S1+S2 impressed me, they left no major plot holes (well except
    why the government is watching bosco
    which imo isnt major and
    Just who is agent superball since he can time-travel
    and, again, this is a minor issue - most of hte big holes were filled in)

Part of my point is S2 tied everything up so nicely, it seemed the perfect stopping point, I only hope they make the true ending have such a perfect stop-point (and not "...and they all die!" type ending) I've seen waaaaaay too many series end with MAJOR holes in the plot, like they literally stopped in the middle of the story with a cheasy "and we'll get through it all if we work together" line despite NONE of the major characters' quests being even 1/2 completed! I'd rather see the series end earlier on a good note than later on a bad one.
  • edited December 2009
    No plot holes? And you say it's good?

Sam and Max should... MUST have plotholes.
  • edited December 2009
    Somehow I bet on March for a release date. Dunno why I just do. I don't expect more info until after Christmas or after New Year.

Middle of january that my prediction.
  • edited December 2009
    Well, last time it took 4 months since the announcement for the first Episode of Season 2 to pop out, so I'm guessing some time in April, and if not I will explode and post the video on youtube.
  • edited December 2009
    splash1 wrote: »
    Well, last time it took 4 months since the announcement for the first Episode of Season 2 to pop out, so I'm guessing some time in April, and if not I will explode and post the video on youtube.

I don't think they'll wait that long, I mean.. they might, but I'm leaning on no.
  • edited December 2009
    Nah, Telltale have grown alot since then, a 4 month wait is unlikely.
  • edited December 2009
    Nah, Telltale have grown alot since then, a 4 month wait is unlikely.

Yep, so I'm guessing we won't have to wait to long at all.
  • edited December 2009
    Bruno83 wrote: »
    @adventureaddict: There is only onle episode left to go for wallace and gromit!
    I thought they are releasing only 4 episodes as i think it says get all 4 episodes from season 1 on telltales website but ok i can't wait for the next sam and max episode
  • edited December 2009
    pspcoolkid wrote: »
    I thought they are releasing only 4 episodes as i think it says get all 4 episodes from season 1 on telltales website but ok i can't wait for the next sam and max episode

That was written when there was only 3 episodes out. ;)
  • edited December 2009
    So...who wants to take a guess that sam and max, will be awesome..aslo I'm writing this because i'm at work, and I have nothing better to post yet.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.