Will Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne have some potential romance? (Plot discussion thread)

Comments

• Pretty much it's inevitable. The way this season 2 is going it seems likely happening,but I don't know how he breaks his code if Catwoman doesn't die. I mean in Tim Burton films(Batman 1989 and Batman Returns)they had Batman breaking his code every time he fought someone like Joker and his crew and facing Penguin's people and circus folk and it never occurred to me that Batman was driven to break his other than facing Joker first then breaking his code.

I hope there will be something to push Batman to break his code cause it seems more likely going to happen,but how it happens? Is up to anyone's guess. I gave my reason of how it happens.

Zjaa6 posted: »

I think breaking the code will be a choice that Telltale will give us, I think its inevitable at this point.

• I don't think TT is going to give us the opportunity to have Bruce break his code, but there are a number of people I'd happily let die. In essence, any of the villains, even John despite the fact that he hasn't become the Joker yet. Hate that Lucius had to die, but am really glad that the Riddler has not been brought back to life.

strwar3 posted: »

Pretty much it's inevitable. The way this season 2 is going it seems likely happening,but I don't know how he breaks his code if Catwoman do

• Agh... okay I'm officially scared for Alfred now... Did anyone else notice that in episode 3 they did not give him a relationship status thing??! I thought that was weird! Especially since you can either upset him, disappoint him and or make him happy for you.

I understand what you're getting at. But there are people that don't like or are tired of Selina, even on this forum. It wouldn't make sense

• I actually didn't notice that we didn't get Alfred's relationship status. Let's just hope that's because there simply was no change to mark this episode.

GamerLady posted: »

Agh... okay I'm officially scared for Alfred now... Did anyone else notice that in episode 3 they did not give him a relationship status thi

• Hopefully. ...I think Alfred's death would be to much, especially considering Lucius'.

I actually didn't notice that we didn't get Alfred's relationship status. Let's just hope that's because there simply was no change to mark this episode.

• I will cry if Alfred dies

Hopefully. ...I think Alfred's death would be to much, especially considering Lucius'.

• I think Alfred's death would be to much

M-my Alfred romance...

Hopefully. ...I think Alfred's death would be to much, especially considering Lucius'.

• Agreed, Alfred dying would leave me feeling empty and betrayed. We ended the last season with his life in danger so i also hope Telltale is smart enough to not throw us into the same scenario.

• edited December 2017

Yeah. The more I think on it the more I'm sure Alfred won't die. ...That was a lie. But I'm telling myself that because I really don't want it to happen and I agree with you that I think the story would suffer for it. Honestly this season has my nerves up on high alert. :s

Agreed, Alfred dying would leave me feeling empty and betrayed. We ended the last season with his life in danger so i also hope Telltale is smart enough to not throw us into the same scenario.

• edited December 2017

Hopefully Bruce and Iman could happen at some point or a choice. I'm not playing this for dating sims lol, I just feel like Selina is destined to walk out again.

• If she will walk out, she will be back again.

Hopefully Bruce and Iman could happen at some point or a choice. I'm not playing this for dating sims lol, I just feel like Selina is destined to walk out again.

• I don't think she is just destined to walk out again or maybe dying in this season 2. The reason why is that I remembered in The Walking Dead Season 1 where Lee and Carly have moments in that season and just when episode 3 happens when she dies in that episode and a part thinks that every time when I see a sort of a happy moment(though I didn't pursue the romance in this season 2)with them and I think Telltale doesn't like giving us something like a happy moment I mean there is just a hint of it in some way that comes off as she might die if not Alfred(pls not Alfred)than maybe her. BTW I want there to be a romance or choice between Iman Avesta and Bruce.

• Selina is not going to die. It makes no sense. She might leave towards the end, but she won't die. Unfortunately Alfred is more likely to die because, no matter what type of Bruce you play, he is always going to be important to Bruce. Selina isn't. She's important to some and not to others. So her death would have little to no impact and if they suddenly made a Bruce that didn't care, care it would ruin the experience for that player.
    It's probably why they took out Lucius. Lucius was like a second Alfred. He was always going to be important to Bruce so the death was emotional and gave the proper motivation.
    Plus I don't think they should kill off a character just so Bruce can have a go with a different one. They can still manage to make him and Iman a thing without taking out Selina.

I don't think she is just destined to walk out again or maybe dying in this season 2. The reason why is that I remembered in The Walking Dea

• edited December 2017

You really think Alfred is gonna die? I hope no.Although make sense cause I guess Bruce Wayne will become darker in Season 3,but it seems more Selina should die.At some point Telltale seems to hint every episode in this Season 2 from episode 1-3 and maybe episode 4 that Bruce is talking about his code and identity in this season 2 and comes off like he is fighting it and fighting against breaking his code. Like Death will push people to do insane things and I kinda make my batman into this is some way.

Bruce will be pushed more and I think Selina dying fits into that sort breaking his code and I just don't want Alfred to die I mean it would push Bruce to brink of darkness and I believe me it's gonna push me to darkness with my character. Also I'm not saying when Selina dies that just leaves Iman Avesta and Bruce happening. I think Iman Avesta and Bruce happening without Selina dying or Maybe in your opinion Alfred dying pushes that to where Bruce becomes more darker and Iman trying to make Bruce not do it.

Selina is not going to die. It makes no sense. She might leave towards the end, but she won't die. Unfortunately Alfred is more likely to di

• I don't think either are going to die. I'm not sure anyone has to die given what Bruce has had to go through just to keep his cover. It could even just be the threat of someone dying that pushes him over the edge. But it has to be someone he cares about no matter what. That's not Selina. For instance, in my play through, it wouldn't matter. I ratted her out and left her to die. And when you rat her out you have 3 options of dialogue to chose from. Two of which plead for her life and one that encourages her death. So if you pick the option that's like 'Yeah, go ahead and kill her. I don't care.' Technically you've already broken your code. Not to mention she loses an arm in that situation. Why add that detail just to kill them off later on?
    So if they were to kill her the only way it would work in that instance is if they have her attack Bruce out of rage for leaving her behind and he's forced to take her out. In which case that doesn't even sound interesting, I'd rather be forced to take out Bane. Not to mention she just lost an arm in that scenario, so I don't see her wanting to fight anyone any time soon.

You really think Alfred is gonna die? I hope no.Although make sense cause I guess Bruce Wayne will become darker in Season 3,but it seems mo

• As a fan of game and the Bruce character, it would be nice for him to have a moral equal.

• Obviously they have plans for Avesta, whether it's the end of this season or season 3. She wouldn't have gotten the development she has if she was just going to be a one-off character.

• The thing is, her development essentially stalled after episode 1. She barely had any presence at all, no relationship status at all.
    Can't say I'm too disappointed because what Telltale are doing with Bruce and Selina commands a lot of respect.

That said, it would have been nice to have Avesta as a serious romantic alternative. I would have been fine with Catwoman not being featured in S02 at all.

Obviously they have plans for Avesta, whether it's the end of this season or season 3. She wouldn't have gotten the development she has if she was just going to be a one-off character.

• While I do love what they did with her character, and now that they've done it I'm glad they did, I agree with you. She kind of took up some time that could have been used for new characters. And I do like Avesta so hopefully we still see more of her. Although what I'm really hoping is that she's not Talia Al Ghul or the mole. I think it'd be to similar to the whole Vicki Vale thing.

The thing is, her development essentially stalled after episode 1. She barely had any presence at all, no relationship status at all. Can't

• I would be in an opposite camp here. I think that using characters that we already know is definitively better for the plotline than pushing few new ones into the spotlight when plot does not demand that. It takes a lot of screen time to introduce characters and develop the complex, high quality plotline around them, so I would prefer they would go with expanding stories for those who already play big part in the game. There will always be plenty of new characters that may serve as a background for the main events or will be important for some subplot, and that is how I would classify Iman Avesta.

That does not mean that there should be no more new main characters in the game - there probably should be, but only when it is really well justified in this story. If Avesta will not turn out to be Talia (and I doubt it, but may be surprised) I do not see her any other than as a supporting character residing "in the background".

While I do love what they did with her character, and now that they've done it I'm glad they did, I agree with you. She kind of took up some

• Good points that I also agree with. I see it from both views, so I'm a little torn. But I do think they made the right call in bringing her back. It'd be one thing if her character hadn't changed at all during season 1 but she did and her and Bruce's interactions were fun. She definitely brought more to the story than she took away.

Gartives posted: »

I would be in an opposite camp here. I think that using characters that we already know is definitively better for the plotline than pushing

• Yes, that is it. There are some stories that may be executed well only when taking into account the passing time. This is a good example - it is more believable for Bruce and Seline starting a relationship after meeting for the first time year back (or two years - if the time lapse between seasons is confirmed) and then meeting again after that time, than this choice for Bruce to tell her that he loved her after few days since they met.

Good points that I also agree with. I see it from both views, so I'm a little torn. But I do think they made the right call in bringing her

• edited December 2017

She has got to be Talia, she just has that look since she first appeared. I hope she is because that would make for a good rivalry between her and Selina in future seasons. Also in Episode 1 on the BatComputer it shows she has brown eyes and when she is interrogating you they are green. She mentioned her father as well, which with Telltale can't just be a coincidence.

• I'm sure if she is then telltale will write it in a way that I can get behind. But another reason I don't want it is because I also like that this batman series hasn't gone into the supernatural. Talia is Ras' daughter so then you got the pit that magically brings people back from the dead.

She has got to be Talia, she just has that look since she first appeared. I hope she is because that would make for a good rivalry between h

• There are many ways Telltale could circumvent this supernatural nonsense.

I'm sure if she is then telltale will write it in a way that I can get behind. But another reason I don't want it is because I also like tha

• Yeah, I hope they do. Have Talia and Ras in but take out the supernatural aspect and I'm good. I really, really hope that's what they do. Love the more scientific/technological thing they got goin on.

There are many ways Telltale could circumvent this supernatural nonsense.

• I prefer if Telltale stayed clear of supernatural elements as well. I really like the more grounded approach to the Batman universe they have embraced.
    I'm sure Telltale can come up with various ways of introducint Ra's Al Ghul and his league without delving into supernatural drivel. SANCTUS and their 'experiments' could be that.
    At least those are the vibes I'm getting and it would tie with Avesta being Talia Al Ghul, although I would have expected such a character to room a bit larger than she has.

Yeah, I hope they do. Have Talia and Ras in but take out the supernatural aspect and I'm good. I really, really hope that's what they do. Love the more scientific/technological thing they got goin on.

• Selina only...

• Bruce looks fantastic in this shot. So happy and relaxed; very well deserved.

MLGTelltale posted: »

Selina only...

• Bruce deserves someone who matches him morally and intellectually.

• Which would be Agent Avesta

Bruce deserves someone who matches him morally and intellectually.

• edited December 2017

Are we forgetting about Tiffany? She matches Bruce morally and probably outdoes him intellectually.

Which would be Agent Avesta

• edited December 2017

That's true. But isn't their relationship more familial? I legitimately don't know. I haven't gotten any responses that would indicate their all that close. I just assume considering she's Lucius' daughter.
    Honestly I'd like more screen-time with her so I can get a better understanding of her and Bruce' relationship. So far it seems like you can only get that through specific dialogue options, all of which I seem to have missed.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Are we forgetting about Tiffany? She matches Bruce morally and probably outdoes him intellectually.

• edited December 2017

And what about Waller? She seems interested in Batman/Bruce.. guess we have to wait for dating simulator 2018 batman edition where you can date Selina, Harley, Iman, Waller, Frank, John, Tiffany, Gordon, Eddie, Alfred...

On a more serious note, everybody in the game should not be a potential romance and its fine the way Telltale handled it so far with Selina and Harley. (The only two that is worth a serious discussion imo)

AnimalBoy posted: »

• Hey now.... Frank is definitely worth some serious discussion. lol.

19Street95 posted: »

And what about Waller? She seems interested in Batman/Bruce.. guess we have to wait for dating simulator 2018 batman edition where you can d

• They would be a pretty good match. Bruce owns a pool table. Frank stands around pool tables.

Hey now.... Frank is definitely worth some serious discussion. lol.

• Hahaha this one made me laugh. Seriously tho, everyone just wants to see bruce become commander shep and bang everyone in sight.

19Street95 posted: »

And what about Waller? She seems interested in Batman/Bruce.. guess we have to wait for dating simulator 2018 batman edition where you can d

• Hooking up with everyone in sight actually fits since they're including the Bruce Wayne persona. For a man that's supposed to be maintaining a 'playboy' reputation, I mean. And he's the one superhero who has a dating roster capable of producing a Dating Sim and a sequel to fit in his entire pre-existing romances lol.

ManBat posted: »

Hahaha this one made me laugh. Seriously tho, everyone just wants to see bruce become commander shep and bang everyone in sight.

• Right?! No one is more perfect for Bruce than Frank!

Poptarts posted: »

They would be a pretty good match. Bruce owns a pool table. Frank stands around pool tables.

• Haha yeah it does fit his whole playboy persona. Although I ship BatCat I hope Iman and Bruce can get a chance too. Hell if Waller wanted some too I'd be down for that

Poptarts posted: »

Hooking up with everyone in sight actually fits since they're including the Bruce Wayne persona. For a man that's supposed to be maintaining

Sign in to comment in this discussion.