Will Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne have some potential romance? (Plot discussion thread)

Comments

• edited November 2017

I completely agree with what you say, you are absolutely right. @BruceBrothers I know that they have a story to tell, that they tell it, but they also have to be more aware of the community and the fans.

strwar3 posted: »

True,but we are a community and Telltale listens to it's people within the community and that's where they get material cause they listen to what we want. It's just something that I think that will help the story.

• We buy their products, they should pay more attention to the forums, community and the opinion of the people who buy all their stories, which by the way are magnificent.

• No, that's not how it works. Buying the product does not make you entitled to "demand" changes story wise.
    You are entitled to the product you buy nothing else.

Telltale don't owe you anything.

We buy their products, they should pay more attention to the forums, community and the opinion of the people who buy all their stories, which by the way are magnificent.

• edited November 2017

I see Avesta as the most stable relationship that Bruce could have in the near future, but that's it. So far, there has never been any signs of attraction or romatic moments between both of them. Avesta idolizes Batman, but that's it.

If they introduce romance, it needs to serve a further purpose in the story; Selina in season 1 was the catalyst to making Harvey succumb into his Two-Face persona. Harley in Season 2 remains to be seen, but the flirting between Bruce and her might help Bruce to earn her trust in order to learn about The Pact's plan. In addition, we also know that John really dislikes the flirting between Bruce and Harley, and this could play a major role in episode 3 based on the description.

I'm not against romance. As I said, I like Avesta's character and I see her far more reliable than Harley or Selina, but I don't want to force the writers to do this if it does not have a purpose down the line. They don't owe us anything. They are telling us a story, and we are listening to it.

• edited November 2017

I'm not against romance. As I said, I like Avesta's character and I see her far more reliable than Harley or Selina, but I don't want to force the writers to do this if it does not have a purpose down the line. They don't owe us anything. They are telling us a story, and we are listening it.

I'm not saying that they own us anything.I'm just saying they do listen to us when it came to Rhyiona and Rhysha(which i loved Rhysha in Tales From The Borderlands in it)they did listen and i'm pretty sure they will on this one too.

Yeah Avesta is the most stable and reliable potential romance for Bruce Wayne and I like her character more cause of that and I think they will probably do some romantic moments or any of sort signs of attraction towards Bruce. This is only three episodes left and we haven't seen episode 3 yet and perhaps the trailer tomorrow will show us something. We will have to wait and see.

Shaboomm posted: »

I see Avesta as the most stable relationship that Bruce could have in the near future, but that's it. So far, there has never been any signs

• edited November 2017

Good god. Talk about grasping at straws.

• edited November 2017

I'm not grasping at anything and I think we should just wait for episode 3 and the trailer.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Good god. Talk about grasping at straws.

• Personally, I've never been one to have a relationship just for the sake of having a relationship... Games or real life for that matter. My Batman, my Bruce will never have a stable healthy relationship because that's the Batman I grew up with. There's flirting and toying around, but if I can help it, I'm keeping my Batman out of a relationship.

That's just me though and to each their own I guess.

• Well some will have there Batman to have a romantic relationship and others will not want there Batman to have a relationship. It's other people's choices to make and i think that is good.

Johro posted: »

Personally, I've never been one to have a relationship just for the sake of having a relationship... Games or real life for that matter. My

• Okay, I will agree with others that Avesta would be a good partner to Bruce, given that she's the most stable, civilized individual so far. But I still wouldn't trust her with my identity, home, or family [even though it was revealed that she already knows my identity]. Her ties to the Agency don't sit well with me, and I just can't trust her enough right now.

plus I was vouching for Bricki in the last season... Telltale betrayed me on that.

But I still don't agree with or think that romance should be a big part of this season, be it with Avesta, Harley, or whomever. We're almost 60% through this season so I don't think much love can bloom right now, r new relationships to start. The plot is really unraveling and it's about to pull the rug from under our feet. There is no time or place for romance right now, as I think it's intrigue-mystery-action time. I don't want romance for the sake of romance.

And for your comparison to TFTB's Rhysha/Rhyiona input... it's really not the same. Telltale already left clues to Rhys and Sasha's blooming relationship in early episodes, and it evolved a lot in Episode 3. Fiona was never really an option, but Telltale included a last minute, completely irrelevant, only fan-servicing option to state which ship you had a ticket for -- if any -- in the last 5 minutes of the episode. Here, it wouldn't really make much sense given that not much romance has happened yet between anyone, and wouldn't really make much sense to the plot presented to us if that happened (yes, even for TFTB as well).

• The Batman I grew up with always felt like male fantasy fulfillment. It made no sense that he would have these flings with various criminals ( and there were many -- CatWoman, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Talia al Ghul, Zatanna, Nocturna... ). Honestly, the way Batman has been written through the years is that he's more of a playboy in the Bat persona than he is as Bruce Wayne.

I think Nocturna said it best :: ' You've always loved women dark and dangerous-- yet if they do something dark and dangerous-- you can't love them-- and therefore, you've never really loved any woman at all. '

That would also be why someone that worked for the Agency would work out for him. They'd be dark and dangerous, but might not do something dark and dangerous outside of the realm of what Batman himself does. That being said, I still don't think that's the route TellTale is going to take this season, sadly. I was really hoping she'd be our insight into the Agency itself, as thus far I find it much more intriguing than the Pact. That can all change in the next episode when we finally learn more about their actual plans though. Here's hoping. :smile:

• The codex entry for Avesta flat out hints at her being a way to deal with the agency.

Poptarts posted: »

The Batman I grew up with always felt like male fantasy fulfillment. It made no sense that he would have these flings with various criminals

• edited November 2017

No matter what happens...I have to make sure my city is safe

• edited November 2017

I can't make her apart of my life..she deserves better.

• Is this crap still going on? Avesta will not have a romance with Bruce, just get over it. Romantic in the episode description means Selina, that's it. Strwar3 you are really making things up when you talk about there being signs and implications, there are none. Romance with Harley, which will never happen, is more likely to happen than romance with Avesta. She is just a side character and making her a potential love interest will not serve the story in any way. Grow up and get over it.

• I disagree. Making her a love interest - making any love interest - can serve a Batman story. All that's important is for the writers to decide whether or not it serves their story for this season.

They all basically serve the same purposes. Generate conflict? All three check. Add elements of danger to themselves and/or to Batman? All three check. Fan service worthy of the wall of women that have hooked up with Batman? Jury's out. Two are already on that wall, and I'm not sure what the requirements are for that privilege. Do they have to have a spandex or leather suit before there's chorus of guys that say they'd hit it?

The only relationship that is plot central this season is actually Bruce and John. While that one isn't romantic in nature, I've seen individuals hope for that as well. Nothing wrong with any of these. Hope, speculate, enjoy the next episode. If in the end, you don't get what you want - write a fan-fiction. Telltale has still generated one of the best interpretations of the Bat-verse that's been around in awhile.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

Is this crap still going on? Avesta will not have a romance with Bruce, just get over it. Romantic in the episode description means Selina,

• edited November 2017

Hope. Speculate. Uh, uh. There isn't any of that going on in this thread. This thread is filled with a small amount of people who claim to see things between Bruce and Avesta that the majority of people do not see. This isn't speculation on their part. Whenever someone even suggests that they're probably looking too much into it what do they get in response? Responses consisting of claims of just seeing things differently. There are countless things that can be speculated on or that can be seen differently by different people. But those things have to have things about them that can be open for debate. There is simply not a single shred of evidence that anything exists between Bruce and Avesta. There's nothing to be seen from a different point of view. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. But they won't even consider that.

Honestly, I don't know why I keep coming into this thread. Maybe it's because I can't believe that it's still going. Or maybe it's because I hope that someone talked some sense into the fans of this nonexistent romance. I don't know. But I think this'll be my last visit to this thread. This thread has done nothing but fill me with venom for the Avesta character and for people who won't listen to reason.

Please don't respond to me anyone.. I don't want to be dragged back in here anymore.

• Yeah i feel same too @Poptarts I think speculation is good on this thread and having love interest speculation is good for any Batman story in comics,TV shows,and movies too(i say movies cause I'm also a HUGE WonderWoman and Batman romance and that includes the TV show Justice League and Justice League Unlimited). It will serve the Batman story in a interesting way including The Enemy Within.

If people speculate about John and Bruce romance then people (like me too)can speculate about Avesta and Bruce potential romance too.i think it could happen and I hope it happens too and if it doesn't then I can write a fan fiction and somebody can write one too. I think speculation is great and it help the writers wonder if they come on here to see how people in the community react to it. I still looking forward to want the Telltale writers to write in there story.

Poptarts posted: »

I disagree. Making her a love interest - making any love interest - can serve a Batman story. All that's important is for the writers to dec

• Ok if Iman Avesta is romantically involved with Bruce when and how would Bruce get time to keep her away from The Pact that he is pretending to work for? If Iman Avesta and Bruce are seen together won't that jog Harley, Bane, or Freeze's memories of The Agency since Bane knows what The Agency is and probably knows Avesta too. It is possible for them to be together but I doubt Avesta would risk herself by letting her and Bruce be together when she knows Bruce is undercover for The Pact but perhaps afterwards it's possible.

• Well if it follows classic romance tropes, I think it's pretty obvious Avesta and Bruce would eventually be a romance.

• But what is the classic romance trope in this season 2 exactly? Like I think the romance will probably start out in either in the hospital or her place(depending on our choices in the first episode with Riddler)where the conversation turns into what Batman means to her and how feels for Batman the way the city of Gotham feels towards him too. It probably go more into more detail and I think that might continue in the other two episodes.

I mean we haven't seen episode 3 yet.so,i don't know what we might expect in this episode 3 cause Telltale did a very good job of not showing much at all.

Zjaa6 posted: »

Well if it follows classic romance tropes, I think it's pretty obvious Avesta and Bruce would eventually be a romance.

• Most of his interactions with Iman Avesta would be more cowl and cape than wine and dine. The only interactions that Iman has had with ' Bruce Wayne ' was a line of questioning in his place of business. It'd put her more in the category of romancing Batman ( like Catwoman ) than Bruce Wayne ( like Harley Quinn ), however like the cat she also knows they're one in the same. More or less, she'd be a convenient caveat as to how the Pact could learn of the mole amongst them in any fashion the writers deemed exciting.

I'm actually unsure whether or not the Agency will appear in S3, but I guess that depends on how we end things this season.

Ok if Iman Avesta is romantically involved with Bruce when and how would Bruce get time to keep her away from The Pact that he is pretending

• Obviously they are going to do something with her character, what that is we can only speculate. She could end up being our only friend within the agency or something along those lines if Waller screwed Batman over.

• They will probably go that route of having her be Batman's only ally in The Agency and Bruce will have to rescue before anyone can capture or harm her. I think her role is to be giving information to Bruce and Waller but it could become something more with Bruce.

Obviously they are going to do something with her character, what that is we can only speculate. She could end up being our only friend within the agency or something along those lines if Waller screwed Batman over.

• Pretty much I mean Avesta is helping Bruce and being his only Ally and possibly rescue her.But,I think there are other things that could happen. I mean Avesta could possibly stay with Bruce and with the Idea that you said @GreatWhiteWolf1 it could be more with Bruce.

Her role so far seems to play more into giving information, but her just being a Ally and wondering about her character more seems that Telltale might make a option to let her stay with you and help more with Bruce and Batman.

They will probably go that route of having her be Batman's only ally in The Agency and Bruce will have to rescue before anyone can capture o

• If she's deaf she leaves a note in the bar, so either way she will play a role of some sort.

• We actually don't know who wrote that note. But Kent Mudle confirmed a while ago she would continue to be relevant regardless of what you did in ep1. That alone ticked me off.

If she's deaf she leaves a note in the bar, so either way she will play a role of some sort.

• Odds are not looking in favor for a relationship between Avesta & Bruce..

• Because there ain`t gonna be any romance with Avesta, just like I said. You people are delusional, there is no indication whatsoever for potential romance with her. And believe me, there will not be. So i guess you all just have to get over it. It is not so bad, is it?

• Indeed. Looks like this ship won't even leave the harbor. Avesta's involvement in Episode 3 was dismal.

Because there ain`t gonna be any romance with Avesta, just like I said. You people are delusional, there is no indication whatsoever for pot

• Exactly! I hope those who created and pushed this thread will listen to reason at last. But something tells me this place soon will be filled with bitter angry people who will keep imagining how the Avesta and Bruce thing would have been.
    I mean we have 2 episodes left and it looks like they will be pretty fast paced, so there is no way Avesa thing will ever happen. They should stick with the Catwoman or be brooding Batman :smile:

Putinovich posted: »

Indeed. Looks like this ship won't even leave the harbor. Avesta's involvement in Episode 3 was dismal.

• Well nothing happens, I am one of those who since episode 1 "wanted" something with avesta, but one thing is to want it to happen and another very different that the creators implant it in the story, a little disappointed.

• edited November 2017

I think we can close this thread now. Like it or not Selina and Bruce are there to stay.
    And I'll be the first one to admit I'm downright humbled by how her character has been portrayed in episode 3. It just feels right : playful, dangerous but most importantly human. It was really heartwarming to see the two of them looking out for each other.

I won't spoil anything but there is a scene that was simply too hard to watch.

Selina seeking refuge in Wayne manor if you did not warn her of the GCPD's assault

• edited November 2017

Aghhhhhh damn it! I feel disappointed. I wanted a potential romance with Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne. Now I have only that romance in the game. :( I'm still not set on having a Selina and Bruce relationship. I just won't do it at all. Yeah @Cris-Tortosa I'm soooo disappointed by that.

Well nothing happens, I am one of those who since episode 1 "wanted" something with avesta, but one thing is to want it to happen and another very different that the creators implant it in the story, a little disappointed.

• Me too... disappointed, that is.

Aghhhhhh damn it! I feel disappointed. I wanted a potential romance with Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne. Now I have only that romance in the ga

• Embrace the potential Harley Quinn Romance.

Aghhhhhh damn it! I feel disappointed. I wanted a potential romance with Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne. Now I have only that romance in the ga

• Ewwww. Gross. No thanks. I know this was in direct response to strwar3... but as fellow fans of Avesta (granted we don't know a lot about her as of yet) I want to express, yet again, my displeasure at the notion of being romantically entangled with that psychotic woman. Her voice and personality grate on my nerves. I hate that she refers to herself as "Mama". So annoying.

Embrace the potential Harley Quinn Romance.

• edited November 2017

Hmmm

;) <3

ShampaFK posted: »

Ewwww. Gross. No thanks. I know this was in direct response to strwar3... but as fellow fans of Avesta (granted we don't know a lot about he

• Though I hate you fancy Avesta so much for being a background character only, this episode we learned that there is a mole in the Agency and it is pretty obvious that it is Avesta. So we will get some story with her, you should be happy :smile:

• edited November 2017

Why do I have a feeling that Avesta might be like Vicki Vale in season1? If she really is a mole in Agency I would not be surprised that in the end of the season she becomes villain No #1 behind scenes and not all Harley and the pact thing. If Telltale is gonna do that, I will laugh.

Though I hate you fancy Avesta so much for being a background character only, this episode we learned that there is a mole in the Agency and it is pretty obvious that it is Avesta. So we will get some story with her, you should be happy

Sign in to comment in this discussion.