The Last of Us Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited May 2020

Then ND or Sony took it out. I can already tell they are afraid for the deadline.

Both Naughty Dog and Sony are making it worse than what they think. Like if some is just discussing it without images or gameplay and just talking about the leaks and then they get punished for it? Then you won't have a lot of ppl happy. You are going to piss them off even more.

Not a good move. I saw YongYea's story on this and it isn't good for Sony and Naughty Dog. This is just making worse it especially if you are not showing anything but,just talking about it like just discussing it.

AronDracula posted: »

It happened to Geeks & Gamers who were doing a livestream about TLOU2. They said they were doing a spoiler free and were just gonna disc

• edited May 2020

Gutta say I'm not a fan of this game, but my brother told me what happened in the first game, I saw all the spoilers and leaks and yes it's not great even for me who's not a fan(the game as a whole)

• Apparently there's another composer in the mix for TLOU II, and that's Mac Quayle. He's best and most recently known for his electronic and synth tracks for Mr. Robot, with lots of atmospheric and heart-pumping tracks. He did the combat music featured in the E3 2018 Demo. Now that makes me hyped.

'THE LAST OF US 2' CO-DIRECTORS DISCUSS JOEL, MUSIC AND VIOLENCE (6/20/18)

The music from the demo is this band called the Crooked Stills, which does both of the songs at the dance. Gustavo Santaolalla is back as our composer, and there's an additional composer doing music for this demo, Mac Quayle. He was the composer for Mr. Robot and is doing some music for combat in the game.

• Neil Druckmann released a special message video on youtube to announce that the game has gone gold. The whole game is finished.

Druckmann seems really depressed in this video, after doing a playthrough of TLOU2 as he says. But I have a feeling that his reaction is actually coming from the audience who read those leaks. I don't know who to trust. Because this video gets a lot of dislikes. Not to mention, the comments are turned off. That makes me even more scared of the game.

• But I have a feeling that his reaction is actually coming from the audience who read those leaks.

It's definitely that. It's got to be hard to see a project you've worked on for 7 years (even longer if we're taking into account the first game's creation) get the main story beats almost entirely leaked by some hacker, and now fans are getting spoiled, some turned off by the controversial/unexpected directions the plot goes in Part II, and especially by the vocal hordes of haters, bigots and trolls hell-bent on ruining the fun for other members of the community. (He's recently been posting a lot of hateful messages he's been getting from people on Instagram -- while still blurring their profile name+picture.)

I don't know who to trust. Because this video gets a lot of dislikes.

Trust yourself, no one else. The dislikes are pretty crazy, though I have a feeling that those are people who are hating on the game simply because they can. A lot of people want to see this game fail, and that doesn't seem very fair to me. (Though that ties into Naughty Dog's company treatment recently, and that's a whole other topic)

Not to mention, the comments are turned off. That makes me even more scared of the game.

That's to ensure people don't talk about the leaks. Regardless of whether the story leaks would have been widely praised or hated, the fact remains that the game isn't due out for another month and a half, and there's definitely some things people would rather be kept secret. And some people have nothing better to do than spread those leaks far and wide, no matter the comment section or topic.
    Troy Baker was forced to turn off the comments on one of his latest Instagram Livestreams, (streams where he shows off his guitar collection and plays some guitar) since there's definitely people there that are going to ruin things for others.

Neil Druckmann released a special message video on youtube to announce that the game has gone gold. The whole game is finished. Druckma

• For what it's worth, new trailer tomorrow.

Maybe it can help clear things up about what the heck this next game is about.

Maybe it confirms the fears the spoiled people have had.

• Man, I cannot wait to see how this trailer is going to be destroyed by the dislikes. I wouldn't be surprised if its comment section gets turned off as well

AChicken posted: »

https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/1257671429165772800 For what it's worth, new trailer tomorrow. Maybe it can help clear things up about what the heck this next game is about. Maybe it confirms the fears the spoiled people have had.

• Crazy how Abby is now one of the most hated characters in video game history and the game she's in hasn't even been released yet.

• edited May 2020

I don't wanna sound mean but I would appreciate it if you keep all the things you know to yourself, whether it's bad or good, even if it's a small warning. I want this thread to be kept spoiler free. It would be much better to record my whole reaction to the story completely blind and post it in my youtube channel.

ralo229 posted: »

Crazy how Abby is now one of the most hated characters in video game history and the game she's in hasn't even been released yet.

• Yeah, it's also pretty annoying people are mad at NaughtyDog for making her trans supposedly. I think that while being transgender is cool, but the people who are trashing them? That just pisses me off.

Crazy how Abby is now one of the most hated characters in video game history and the game she's in hasn't even been released yet.

• Saying that people don't like her character I don't think is much of a spoiler. But I won't go into any detail beyond that.

I don't wanna sound mean but I would appreciate it if you keep all the things you know to yourself, whether it's bad or good, even if it's a

• Well I have a feeling isn't going to stop ppl from hating it since the game got leaked and ppl and some TLOU fans are angry and pissed over it

. I wouldn't be surprised if its comment section gets turned off as well

Well that will likely happen for two reasons. One,ppl will leaked or spoil the games if others didn't read the leaks and Two, Naughty Dog wouldn't like the criticism from gamers and some fans of the franchise.

That will likely happen no matter what. It is sad to see a franchise go down from beloved to hate and anger over what many others say is disappointing and sad. Still ppl can play the game and I will wait for ppl reviewing it. I ain't a fan of this franchise. But,seeing ppl angry and sad is what I have been dealing with other franchises like Mass Effect

Man, I cannot wait to see how this trailer is going to be destroyed by the dislikes. I wouldn't be surprised if its comment section gets turned off as well

• Yea pretty much have to wait for the game to release next month before talking or maybe mentioning anything from the game.

Saying that people don't like her character I don't think is much of a spoiler. But I won't go into any detail beyond that.

• edited May 2020

Soooo... apparently (from a comment I saw on reddit), the r/TheLastofUs2 subreddit is truly full of people actively trying to spoil the game for others and fueling the whole anti-TLOU and ND mentality out there.
    The person says that there was a post on the sub the other day full of people praising the amount of dislikes on Neil's TLOU-completion video, with some people claiming that they even made multiple accounts to dislike it multiple times.

They're probably trying to tip the Youtube algorithm and bury any trace of TLOU content.
    Also, Playstation has turned off comments in almost all their TLOUII related videos. It's safe to say (luckily) the same thing will happen for the trailer posted tomorrow.

Neil Druckmann released a special message video on youtube to announce that the game has gone gold. The whole game is finished. Druckma

• That the girl she danced with in that one trailer

• No, that's Dina. Ellie's new girlfriend.

DabigRG posted: »

That the girl she danced with in that one trailer

• Oh. Nevermind then

No, that's Dina. Ellie's new girlfriend.

• Abby's not a trans and i don't know why so many people actually believe that you can't be a trans in the apocalypse it wouldn't be possible.

her model is based on a female body builder i thought that was obvious but i guess not.

Yeah, it's also pretty annoying people are mad at NaughtyDog for making her trans supposedly. I think that while being transgender is cool, but the people who are trashing them? That just pisses me off.

• Looks like I’m avoiding the last of us for a little bit

• edited May 2020

Trailer's up.

This trailer has me really worried for Joel. They keep going back to "Joel and Ellie... JOEL... and Ellie." and then scenes where he's not there. I'm really freaking worried he's going to die!

But also... Young Ellie with the sunset shirt! Joel with a guitar! We're gonna hear him SING, baby!!

• Here is the new trailer for TLOU Part 2. I dunno how I feel. It makes me hyped for the game but at the same time, I'm scared of the game. I trust no one but myself. This is nothing but nightmare fuel for the game anticipation.

Just as I predicted (I think everyone did), the comments and likes/dislikes are disabled in this video.

• Lol we posted at the exact same time.

Here is the new trailer for TLOU Part 2. I dunno how I feel. It makes me hyped for the game but at the same time, I'm scared of the game. I

• The most convenient timing of this thread

Lol we posted at the exact same time.

• Just gotta say, that trailer is really misleading to what the actual plot is and if anything it feels like they doubled down on trying to act like the plot is something else even after the leaks and many people knowing this trailer is very misleading.

Gonna post real and heavy spoilers in the spoiler tag below here, so do not open it if you are avoiding them as I will say a hardcore spoiler

I'm not really a fan of how they keep marketing this game as if Joel doesn't die very early on, especially now that a ton of people know this. This trailer if anything doubled down on Joel after all the other trailers barely ever included him. I'm fairly certain they're going to BioShock Infinite DLC him where Ellie is talking to him in her head after his death. Just in general I'm not a big fan of how the opening of this game really sets up a different story that gets completely changed and turns into the whole revenge story thing. Theres nothing even wrong with the "subverting expectations" thing that is apparently the most controversial thing to say these days, but this is one that I feel does not do it correctly. Turning the plot around, killing Joel, and then playing the rest of the game as the person who killed Joel who then kills Ellie is simply just not going to work well for most people. They are going to try and make Abby sympathetic but theres a few problems with this. First is this doesnt happen until after she kills Joel, so good luck actually making people care now. And second is, it doesnt matter how much they try to make her sympathetic ,it won't work because players are going to be more invested in Ellie and Joel and not care. It almost comes off as forgetting this is a sequel. Players have way more investment in Joel and Ellie and that isnt going to suddenly change. Had this been the first in its series and we had the same amount of investment in both sides, it could work, but people dont, the investment meter is heavily pointed towards Joel and Ellie regardless of what they try to pull off.

All that said, the overreaction to this is really stupid. Overall this game is probably going to be really good, but it is 100% going to suffer from having a plot that isn't that great. However this is leagues better over something like ANF even if it is pretty similar. The biggest problem with Last Of Us 2 is what I said in the spoilers, it actually is going to expect the player to be invested with this story, which was an issue with ANF as well. At least with TLOU2 even though the overall plot isnt that great, at least the characters stay true to who they are and the plot actually does make sense even if like I keep saying it aint that great. This will overall be a pretty high quality game and time will tell just how well the story truly turns out, so I hope people stop circlejerking about it for at least until it releases.

• This game will probably surpass Death Stranding as the most divisive game in the gaming industry.

Poogers555 posted: »

Just gotta say, that trailer is really misleading to what the actual plot is and if anything it feels like they doubled down on trying to ac

• Overall this game is probably going to be really good, but it is 100% going to suffer from having a plot that isn't that great.

Likely scenario and also possibly the game will be good, but for how long? Like it will have people enjoy and others hating it. Expect metacritic user scores showing how much this game will divide fans of the franchise and expect critics writing their reviews of the game. Probably going to be divided too.

Just gotta say, that trailer is really misleading to what the actual plot is and if anything it feels like they doubled down on trying to ac

• I trust no one but myself

That's the spirit,after seeing the trailer im a bit more hyped than before and i'm still going to play it because i've got nothing better to do lol,and people who haven't seen the leaks will have a much better experience i think than those who did.

Here is the new trailer for TLOU Part 2. I dunno how I feel. It makes me hyped for the game but at the same time, I'm scared of the game. I

• I'd imagine its mostly going to be split with people who say they hated it and others who say they loved it and not that many in between people.

Metacritic scores are always pretty dumb imo, especially when it comes to a game with "controversy" as it just boils down to a bunch of people going "GRRRRRRR!!!! 0/10!!!!!" and "YAAAAAY!!! 10/10" you have to go swimming to actually find a real honest review. The second user reviews become unlocked for regular players I fully expect it to be review bombed by people who obviously haven't played it yet, or ever will. I'd be much more interested in game outlet reviews and Youtuber reviews rather than random guy on metacritic who review bombed the game they will never play as they rant about lgbt people.

strwar3 posted: »

Overall this game is probably going to be really good, but it is 100% going to suffer from having a plot that isn't that great. Like

• Comments and like/dislikes are disabled.

Why am I not surprised?

• No he can't die. He is Joel The Unkillaboel. There's no way he could. Right?

Trailer's up. This trailer has me really worried for Joel. They keep going back to "Joel and Ellie... JOEL... and Ellie." and then scen

• edited May 2020

Yeah pretty much true on the YouTuber reviews. Those ones will decide how good or bad the game is. It will be divided cause I saw some YouTubers saying " if the leaks are true. Then I ain't playing it" or "I will play it just give you a honest review,but if the leaks are true,then it will make me feel like shit and I ain't looking forward to giving it a good review.'

I have been seeing that from AngryJoe, and other YouTubers. So pretty much expecting some rants from them.

rather than random guy on metacritic who review bombed the game they will never play as they rant about lgbt people.

Well obviously that likely is happening so far from the TLOU Subreddit But,I think other players will get mad at the plot and story then that. Still better to wait for the reviews from those who ppl trust.

I'd imagine its mostly going to be split with people who say they hated it and others who say they loved it and not that many in between peo

• That's literally the first thing I assumed when people started going on about spoilers

Trailer's up. This trailer has me really worried for Joel. They keep going back to "Joel and Ellie... JOEL... and Ellie." and then scen

• edited May 2020

Trailer PSBlog Post

The pace is only going to pick up from here, so keep an eye out for more exciting news as we count the weeks, days, and hours until The Last of Us Part II launches. Lastly, since many of you have asked, we’re happy to say pre-orders are back up, including digital versions of The Last of Us Part II on PlayStation Store and physical copies at participating retailers around the world. Physical copies will also be available to purchase at launch, but may vary by region and retailer. Check with your local stores to find out more.

Alright! So physical copies should be up and running for mid June! Finally!

Also, the promo images released at the start of April (and then taken down) are back now, along with a few new pictures. (not spoilers just big pics)

Full Promo Gallery

• I am really getting The Last Jedi flashbacks. Remember how everyone was getting excited for that film due to the trailers? Trailers can be very tricky.

• Abby's not a trans and i don't know why so many people actually believe that you can't be a trans in the apocalypse it wouldn't be possible.

You do realize I put "Making her trans SUPPOSEDLY."

her model is based on a female bodybuilder I thought that was obvious but I guess not.

That is not what I meant at all, there are also other reasons people think that.

Plus, the trans thing being true or false wasn't part of my point. I was talking about the homophobes on the subreddit and on the YT comments for the leaks.

iFoRias posted: »

Abby's not a trans and i don't know why so many people actually believe that you can't be a trans in the apocalypse it wouldn't be possible. her model is based on a female body builder i thought that was obvious but i guess not.

• Yeah, I've pretty much seen hours upon hours of leaks from the game. It's really not pretty, it is very much ANF 2.0.

But, I really can't say shit rn. Especially with these leaks being so major, that if you say one thing people go bonkers and get all crazy about it.

• I don't think he was talking about you in particular--this is apparently something happening quite a bit

Abby's not a trans and i don't know why so many people actually believe that you can't be a trans in the apocalypse it wouldn't be possible.

• Now this is an interesting gameplay detail.

Fewer safe rooms than the previous game, and crafting tables in areas where you can get attacked.

• So they are gonna pull a Nemesis on us. In Resident Evil 3 Remake, it's kind of a rare moment but Nemesis can actually follow and attack you in one of the safe rooms in that game.

Now this is an interesting gameplay detail. Fewer safe rooms than the previous game, and crafting tables in areas where you can get attacked.

• If it's true, that would be very immersive if you have to constantly be on guard. Hell, that should give you a penalty on your resources if you don't catch them in time.

Now this is an interesting gameplay detail. Fewer safe rooms than the previous game, and crafting tables in areas where you can get attacked.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.