Sam and Max 2010...

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Ok some said apple pie here what's the discussion apple pie vs Apple cake....hmmmmm...
  • edited February 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    A) I make my own cakes, therefore I don't put more sugar than I like.
    B) I was commenting on the sweetness of rhubarb earlier, not apple, although I agree apple pie tend to be over-sweetened as well.

When I make apple cake it's really not too sweet. It's kind of a pound cake with cubes of apple in it. Sweet, but not overly, and the apple bits themselves I never sweeten.

That's about what apple pie should taste like, only with cinnamon. Incidentally, you should try checking out Chinese bakeries in your area, you sound like you'd love their stuff! Not moon cakes or something, but their Western style cakes.
  • edited February 2010
    I will, thanks for the suggestion!
  • edited February 2010
    Personally, I can wait a while longer before they release Season 3! I need to catch up on Seasons 1 and 2...
  • edited February 2010
    yeah, try rhubarb without the tons of sugar/prepare it yourself.

in other pie: My grandmother makes the best pumpkin pie in the world. People who hate pumpkin pie love her pumpkin pie.

In on topic, I need to get the rest of season 2, all I got is Ice Station Santa and I got that for the season 3 thing after Tales
  • edited February 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    yeah, try rhubarb without the tons of sugar/prepare it yourself.

in other pie: My grandmother makes the best pumpkin pie in the world. People who hate pumpkin pie love her pumpkin pie.

In on topic, I need to get the rest of season 2, all I got is Ice Station Santa and I got that for the season 3 thing after Tales

I think you can got the upgrade since you have Ice Station Santa, but the Sale at SamandMax2010.com is cheaper than the upgrade =P
  • edited February 2010
    About pies: my brother in law is allergic to nuts. Therefore he can't have pecan pie.
    His mom, my mom-in-law, makes an oats pie instead.
    It's absolutely delicious. It's one of the most delicious things ever. It tastes a lot like pecan pie, but even better!
  • edited February 2010
    About pies: As Chilean, I never get what is actually a pie. Probably is really similar to a Kutchen, which I think is from Germany, but the actual concept, nope. Well, we eat, I think, Lemon Key Pie, but that it. At least for me.
  • edited February 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    About pies: As Chilean, I never get what is actually a pie.

Pies have a crust outside and a filling inside. Cakes are the same throughout.
  • edited February 2010
    Pies have a crust outside and a filling inside. Cakes are the same throughout.

Ah! Mostly, I don't eat pie. Our Kutchen is almost the same, but without the crust in the top.
  • edited February 2010
    Ah! Mostly, I don't eat pie. Our Kutchen is almost the same, but without the crust in the top.

french pies don't have the crust on top either, only at the bottom and on the sides. But both are pies, whether it's completely closed or only partially :)
  • edited February 2010
    french pies don't have the crust on top either, only at the bottom and on the sides. But both are pies, whether it's completely closed or only partially :)

Oh... thanks, I feel better now =P
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    But both are pies, whether it's completely closed or only partially :)

Dare I ask where tarts fit in the taxonomy of desserts?
  • edited February 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »

In fact, I always believed our kutchens were tarts for you
  • edited February 2022
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    In fact, I always believed our kutchens were tarts for you

So are kutchens like thin pies, with no crust on top?

Behold what may be the definitive work on the subject: The Pie Family and All the Cousins (I'm still struggling to accept that's really the title of the article).
    Uh oh, I seemed to have stumbled into the cooking forum by mistake.

I believe you mean the eating forum! :D
  • edited February 2010
    I think you can got the upgrade since you have Ice Station Santa, but the Sale at SamandMax2010.com is cheaper than the upgrade =P

I don't have the money. I got season one as a gift
  • edited February 2010
    This reminds me of the Cake vs. Pie webcomics Rooster Teeth did forever ago, and the matching T-shits.

Pie
    Cake
  • edited February 2010
    So are kutchens like thin pies, with no crust on top?

Behold what may be the definitive work on the subject: The Pie Family and All the Cousins (I'm still struggling to accept that's really the title of the article).

According to that, yes, they are.
    I don't have the money. I got season one as a gift

Me neither. I opened the Zazzle Store for that.
  • edited February 2010

Aren't tarts just small, individual-sized pies? that's how I've always used the word.

"Tarte", however, is just the French word for pie. "Tartelette" (small pie) for tart.
    As far as I know that is. I've read the thing you linked to but I just don't see it in how I've heard the words used before.
  • edited February 2010
    Please stop talking about pies.
  • edited February 2010
    Please continue talking about pies.
  • edited February 2010
    Please continue talking about pies.

Wait who stated the pie discussion?
  • edited February 2010
    Wait who stated the pie discussion?

I don't know, I'm just a follower ^^!
  • edited February 2010
    someone said something about evil like rhubarb pie I think...

mmm. Rhubabrb
  • edited February 2010
    Wait, is a kutchen a cake like consistency? If so it's not at all like a pie or tart, as those have more of a pastry shell type crust that is generally stiff when you eat the section that sticks up higher than the filling.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    I had a lovely banana creme last night. Could have used a bit more butter though.
  • edited February 2010
    OMG! Even the telltale team is engaging in our increasingly off topic discussion
    edited February 2010
    OMG! Even the telltale team is engaging in our increasingly off topic discussion

And this is different from usual... how?
  • edited February 2010
    omg! Even the telltale team is engaging in our increasingly off topic discussion

of course!
  • edited February 2010
    I've been wondering about the TTG people's names. That is, what does it mean when it's bold and italic, or just italic? What do the symbols next to their names mean? Is it some kind of hierarchy thing?
    edited February 2010
    All TTG employees should be italic and have the tiny ttg icon next to their name. People with bold names just have added moderation powers for the sake of forum management. Nothing in terms of company hierarchy though.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    That symbol is a tiny TTG logo, and it means that they work here!

People whose names are italic and have a little Max head by their names are community moderators.
  • edited February 2010
    Thanks! I was really curious about that. I could swear I had seen a symbol other than the TTG logo and Max's head, but... I can't seem to think of what it was so I was probably wrong.
  • edited February 2010
    Will wrote: »
    And this is different from usual... how?

I dont know the usual, I'm relatively new here.

you know, every moment I hear something new about stuff with Telltale, the more I think "When I'm older I want to work for Telltale Games."

kinda hard to be when your a sophomore pretty much all das ways across the US.
  • edited February 2010
    I think this pie talk comes from the fact that we've exhausted discussion of the available Sam and Max 2010 information...
  • edited February 2010
    Looks like that pie...

david_caruso_sunglasses.jpg

didn't have enough filling.

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
  • edited February 2010
    Kuchen in Germany are cakes, with this being the grandest of them all! (So nummy!) And puzzlebox, your article completely forgot about cobbler, another, delicious baked confection, so I cannot consider it truly complete. There also used to be a bakery near me who made pies using frangipane instead of crust ... Heaven, for the low, low price of $5 a pop :D
  • edited February 2010
    I dont know the usual, I'm relatively new here.

Everything out of normal is the usual. Ussually
    you know, every moment I hear something new about stuff with Telltale, the more I think "When I'm older I want to work for Telltale Games."

kinda hard to be when your a sophomore pretty much all das ways across the US.

Same here. Except I'm already pretty old. AND I have to cross an hemiphere for that (But if Majus and Suro are there, I have no excuse for the last part!)
  • edited February 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    There also used to be a bakery near me who made pies using frangipane instead of crust ... Heaven, for the low, low price of $5 a pop :D

... :(
    Your mention of frangipane made me realise I didn't get galette this year. Stupid Canada that doesn't celebrate King's Day >.>
Sign in to comment in this discussion.