Sam and Max 2010...

Comments

• edited February 2010
    NickTTG wrote: »
    And you can't wait to play it.
    Then why do we need to?
    Are you some kind of sick man gaining pleasure from torturing unwitty forumgoers. You evil... YOU! :p

EDIT: ^ Link ain't working.
  • edited February 2010
    NickTTG wrote: »
    Yep. I'm here to announce that the game is awesome. And you can't wait to play it.

Care to tell us something we don't know? ;)
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
  • edited February 2010
    Will wrote: »

Now my totally championship worthy headache and my stress due work somehow wear off.

Now, I love the title.

Dammit! Please tell me I'll have whole March to pre-order it!
  • edited February 2010
    The best way to get adhesive tape residue off of a window is to "soak" it in peanut butter over night (just slather it on freely). By the next day the peanut butter and residue will wipe right off.

You'll sometimes see large circles of brick set into a street in San Francisco. This is to signify there is a cistern located at that spot; a precaution taken after the great earthquake and fire in 1906 devastated the city. The fire chief had warned not keeping multiple records of the city's water reservoirs was dangerous and foolhardy, a fact proven after he was incapacitated (and later died from his injuries) and was unable to direct firefighters who were forced to resort to dynamiting sections of the city to act as firebreaks.

The first strike ever recorded was in ancient Egypt. Labourers working on the pyramids refused to continue until their eyeliner supply was reinstated back to its former quantities. This was not from any vanity, but because the eyeliner helped to keep them from being blinded by the sunlight reflecting of the sand, similar in effect to the black bars modern NFL players apply to underneath their eyes today.

Oh, or did you mean you wanted to hear something new about Sam and Max? Sorry, can't help you there.
  • edited February 2010
    so 'tis true! is it just me, or does that logo look kinda like the one for the Twilight Zone
  • edited February 2010
    And thus it begins....!

GREAT logo. Is that an olympic flame? Hmm, maybe we'll be visiting Mount Olympus...

Man, I want more, more info!
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    You'll sometimes see large circles of brick set into a street in San Francisco. This is to signify there is a cistern located at that spot; a precaution taken after the great earthquake and fire in 1906 devastated the city. The fire chief had warned not keeping multiple records of the city's water reservoirs was dangerous and foolhardy, a fact proven after he was incapacitated (and later died from his injuries) and was unable to direct firefighters who were forced to resort to dynamiting sections of the city to act as firebreaks.

Since the firefighters were somewhat untrained in the use of dynamite, it seems they did more damage than good. It's estimated that up to 50% of the fires that devastated SF were actually caused by the dynamiting itself.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    The best way to get adhesive tape residue off of a window is to "soak" it in peanut butter over night (just slather it on freely).

Actually the best way to remove the most common adhesive residues (e.g. price stickers) is to try water, alcohol or salad oil (in that order only because oil is the messiest). Which one works depends on what the adhesive is based on.

P.S. You have to read that in a Dr. Sheldon Cooper voice
  • edited February 2010
    Since the firefighters were somewhat untrained in the use of dynamite, it seems they did more damage than good. It's estimated that up to 50% of the fires that devastated SF were actually caused by the dynamiting itself.

Considering the other 50% were caused by an unmanned cooking stove, I think what we've learned here today is San Franciscans has a long, long history of blowing stuff up and burning it down, with the final culmination being, of course, Mythbusters.

In other news, or other something anyway, nice logo! I don't get why the Olympic torch with the devil stuff, but I guess I'll just have to wait to find out. Also, I have no idea who Kevin Pereira is, but I hope they warn his neighborhood about him.
  • edited February 2010
    Happeh
  • edited February 2010
    Hooray!
  • edited February 2010
    Someone said something about fire, and dynamite...for all I know is that those are like the song of the siren to me.

OH HEY AWESOME SAM&MAX!

Now where is the Dynamite, and fire...or was that just ploy.
  • edited February 2010
    Love the title & logo (but all hardcore fans might continue to call it Sam & Max 2010)! Can't wait 'til it comes out on Xbox 360. I'd get it for PC but a. My computer is crap and can barely play Sam & Max Season 1 and b. My parents don't want their credit card data stolen so they won't buy anything online.

[EDIT] I think I had some dynomite, but some stupid robotic tissue box stole it...
  • edited February 2010

Sweet logo! As someone else said, I'm loving the obvious Twilight Zone reference. I wonder what the upcoming big news is.

Telltale brand horsewhips?
    Telltale brand fig newtons?
    Telltale brand sandals?
    Telltale brand automatic circumcisers?
    Telltale brand washing machines?
    Telltale brand bras?
    Telltale brand rubber chickens?
    Telltale brand plushies?
    Telltale brand tacos?
    Telltale brand toilet paper?
    Telltale brand newspaper?
    Telltale brand tissues?
    Telltale brand lamps?
    Telltale brand novels?
    Telltale brand tin foil hats?
    Telltale brand flying carpets?
    Telltale brand time machines?
    Telltale brand atomic bombs?
    Telltale brand hitmen for hire?
    Telltale brand Christmas ornaments?
    Telltale brand Christmas cards?
    Telltale brand craft supplies?
    Telltale brand hamburgers?
    Telltale brand cars?
    Telltale brand trucks?
    Telltale brand fast food chains?
    Telltale brand spaceships?
    Telltale brand milk cartons?
    Telltale brand parades?
    Telltale brand baseball caps?
    Telltale brand call girls?
    Telltale brand tables?
    Telltale brand rocking chairs?
    Telltale brand blankets?
    Telltale brand gentleman's magazines?
    Telltale brand HDTVs?
    Telltale brand gaming consoles?
    Telltale brand model cars?
    Telltale brand swimsuits?
    Telltale brand display cases?
    Telltale brand T-Rex spray?
    Telltale brand invisible paint?
    Telltale brand glow in the dark underwear?
    Telltale brand fake moustaches?
    Telltale brand top hats?
    Telltale brand monocles?
    Telltale brand Monopoly board games?
    Telltale brand DVD cases?
    Telltale brand beards?
    Telltale brand bracelets?
    Telltale brand wedding rings?
    Telltale brand noserings?
    Telltale brand birthday suits?
    Telltale brand clowns?
    Telltale brand circuses?
    Telltale brand Bashi-bazouks?
    Telltale brand world hunger?
    Telltale brand dictators?
    Telltale brand operas?
    Telltale brand ballets?
    Telltale brand superheroes?
    Telltale brand supervillianesses?
    Telltale brand plastic surgery?
    Telltale brand edible alien remains?
    Telltale brand cooking shows?
    Telltale brand chocolate chip cookies?
    Telltale brand breakfast cereals?
    Telltale brand pillows?
    Telltale brand search engines?
    Telltale brand goggles?
    Telltale brand X-ray glasses?
    Telltale brand Cro-magnons?
    Telltale brand Abominable Snowmen?
    Telltale brand puppies?
    Telltale brand sparkling vampires?
    Telltale brand clones?
    Telltale brand Jedis?
    Telltale brand zombie viruses?
    Telltale brand Turians?
    Telltale brand generic white lab coat scientists?
    Telltale brand stuntmen?
    Telltale brand actors?
    Telltale brand thieves guilds?
    Telltale brand memes?
    Telltale brand cow brands?
    Telltale brand spankings?
    Telltale brand fishnet stockings?
    Telltale brand transvestites?
    Telltale brand light bulbs?
    Telltale brand wormholes?
    Telltale brand curtains?
    Telltale brand planetary systems?
    Telltale brand psychic nudists?
  • edited February 2010
    DjNDB wrote: »
    Actually the best way to remove the most common adhesive residues (e.g. price stickers) is to try water, alcohol or salad oil (in that order only because oil is the messiest).

By "salad oil" do you mean vegetable oil? If so, any one that works better than others, or does it also depend on the type of adhesive?
    Let's see, Sunflower oil is the most common in France, then peanut oil. Here however there is canola oil. I also like walnut oil but I wouldn't want to waste it.

(I've only ever used alcohol to remove adhesive stuff, it has always worked so far)
  • edited February 2010
    I know I'm going to get jumped on for saying this, but derailing a thread because you can is not actually awesome. It's just annoying, and frustrating if you're interested in what the topic was originally about.

Maybe that makes me a grumpy old person who hates fun, but my idea of fun involves not having to sift through a ton of pointless discussion to get to the point, especially when backreading. And I'm twenty, I just couldn't think of a better metaphor.
  • edited February 2010
    Well, sorry, dude. BTW, you do realize complaining about people derailing the thread actual helps to derail the thread. Just saying. Just like me apologizing for helping to derail the thread and pointing out that complaining about derailing the thread is actually derailing the thread is actually derailing the thread.
  • edited February 2010
    I wonder what the upcoming big news is.

Hopefully some ingame info about S&M2010.
  • edited February 2010
    Im gonna have a heart attack! Cant wait for the new season!
  • edited February 2010
    Well, sorry, dude.

And she's not a dude, either. I guess you can't win in this one :D
  • edited February 2010
    curses.jpg
  • edited February 2010
    that's a fiiiine logo, mmm mmmm!
  • edited February 2010
    So, there's a chance Bosco might not make an appearance this season?

I hope we get awesome new characters. Though, I was curious as to how Bosco would have evolved following last season's ending.
  • edited February 2010
    Now I find a pattern: Everytime a random TTG Employee comes and post something here even more random, is because there's news coming.
  • edited February 2010
    Sorry, Shwoo, but we're derailing the thread more from a lack of things to talk about then because we really support derailment. Besides, it helps to keep this thread "alive" for when we will have something more concrete to obsess over. Which will hopefully be really, really soon, because I, for one, am dying for some kind of trailer. Dying I tell you! Those italics don't lie!

P.S. I said peanut butter, because speaking from experience it will work when nothing else does, although I was specifically referring to windows, not just any surface. Seriously, you leave masking tape on a window for any length of time and it is an absolute bear to get off any other way.
  • edited February 2010
    This is one of my busiest weeks of the year, I've got mountains and mountains of mindless university-related papers I've got to finish up here. You know what would really cheer me up? It's simple, really: all I need is a release date, some way to throw my money at Telltale, and maybe a trailer. I certainly would get a lot more work done if I didn't have the crazy fanboyistic urge to check the forum and the blog every hour. Save my education, Telltale! Release that trailer!
  • edited February 2010
    If you don't have anything relevant to talk about, then why post at all? Other people clearly do, and the thread's not going to be buried any time soon.
  • edited February 2010
    When will be able to reserve a copy of season 3? I see no link to any page to buy it.
  • edited February 2010

Will, you seem to be coming down with some kind of Sam & Max season 3 virus.. While you are still in this state can you cough up a trailer or maybe some gameplay footage too? :p
  • edited February 2010
    Oooh, did I see something I'm not supposed to see yet?

samandmaxforums.png

Maybe an announcement is imminent...
  • edited February 2010
    whoa.jpg

Maybe they've made it to where we can view it, as they figure we're going to go ahead and pre-order it anyway?
  • edited February 2010
    Yeah, I can see it too. Seems preorders are imminent. Cool.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    *hnyergh*

I may have just developed a patience hernia.
  • edited February 2010
    Can see it, can't enter it.
    Then again, it appears to be empty yet anyway.
  • edited February 2010
    Awesome...

I don't think it's possible to tell if it's empty or not, though. It's private.
  • edited February 2010
    Woo, I can see that forum too, and it isn't going away when I refresh.

I have a feeling that today (America's tomorrow) is going to be a wonderful day...
  • edited February 2010
    Nope, it's empty. I think the more important question is for how long?
  • edited February 2010
    I have the money, but I don't have it in my Paypal Account. My sister is going to kill me if I ask her to use the Credit Card... what to do, what to do....

Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be working
  • edited February 2010
    I don't think we're gonna see pre-orders until at least Monday, which is March 1st. The timing seems to be leading up to that.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.