Sam and Max 2010...

Comments

• edited January 2010
    I'm so excited new games new dialogue new adventure I'm gonna pre-order like hell
  • edited January 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    I wonder how you pronounce "Skun'kape".

Skunk ape. It's one of those crypto zoology creatures rumored to live in florida.
  • edited January 2010
    Jurgen was appropriate for NOTD, even if I wasn't particularly fond of him.

IMO Jurgen was absolutely appropriate for the Sam&Max universe, and for me he's among the top 3 NPCs in the 11 games altogether. And I don't often say such things about an emo :D
  • edited January 2010
    IMO Jurgen was absolutely appropriate for the Sam&Max universe, and for me he's among the top 3 NPCs in the 11 games altogether. And I don't often say such things about an emo :D

I think like Jurgen is the Conroy Bumpus of this era. They both are parodies of the culture of their time. Though, well, Jurgen is more likable.

Still I don't think they fit in Sam and Max that well. I like my Sam and Max when it creates itself a new world by issues that came out of random ideas, not by mocking what we have on TV. It's just too apparent, easy and Family Guy-ish.
  • edited February 2010
    New crazy theory of having too much free time:

Meet Chuck Jordan, lead designer on Sam & Max season 3:

interns06.JPG

He doesn't look amused. That's because someone is taking pictures of his desk, which is full of design documents and a Xbox 360-controller. Why would the lead designer on Sam & Max Season 3 have a Xbox 360-controller on his desk? Why indeed.

Note: I'm also the guy who claimed that Wallace & Gromit would appear on Xbox Live because you could see an Xbox Controller on one of the desks in one of the Behind the Bad-videos, proving that I do indeed have too much free time. But in the end, my theory proved to be correct, so who knows.

As a bonus, here's the first screenshot of Sam & Max Season 3, showing Sam standing in front of exploding/shapeshifting Max(?) in a spaceship(?).

interns05.JPG
  • edited February 2010
    You know what else is in those pictures? Germans. Obviously, season 3 is going to be completely in German, with French subtitles.

I don't see the exploding Max in a spaceship, though. It looks more like Sam hanging out with a giant screwdriver and volleyball ... some place, to me. How are you seeing exploding Max and spaceship?
  • edited February 2010
    Looks like Sam's standing in front of a window on Manaan. What he's doing in Knights of the Old Republic is a good question, but it's probably the same thing Max was doing in Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II.

Finally, Wookiepedia will be able to change to name of their article on Sam.

Actually, I think I see Max now, but one of his ears doesn't seem to be attached to his head.
  • edited February 2010
    Sam is stuck in the green box of doom (from Mars)
  • edited February 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    I don't see the exploding Max in a spaceship, though. It looks more like Sam hanging out with a giant screwdriver and volleyball ... some place, to me. How are you seeing exploding Max and spaceship?

You can see two white ear shaped-things in front of Sam, as well as a white ball which could be his head. Nothing is quite the right shape though, but as we know from the survey, Max is able to transform into other things.

Also, the background is blue/purple/gray/black. Spaceship.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    Obviously, season 3 is going to be completely in German, with French subtitles.

I don't like German! :(

Nur ein schlechter Witz...
  • edited February 2010
    I'm pretty sure you can see the sky outside, though. And I think the reason Max's head doesn't look the right shape is because the green rectangle is covering some of it up. The back of his head is sticking through it.

I love overanalysing things.
  • edited February 2010
    I'm too captivated by the girl in the top right to notice anything else in that picture.
  • edited February 2010
    You mean nikasaur?
  • edited February 2010
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    You can see two white ear shaped-things in front of Sam, as well as a white ball which could be his head. Nothing is quite the right shape though, but as we know from the survey, Max is able to transform into other things.

Also, the background is blue/purple/gray/black. Spaceship.

I may be the only one who thinks that picture is from Reality 2.0, or Chariots of the Dogs. They thought they could fool us!
    You mean nikasaur?

I admit she added flavor to an already awesome (yet nerdy) photo.
  • edited February 2010
    You mean nikasaur?

If that's her, then yes. I haven't been here long enough to know everybody.
  • edited February 2010
    *awkward silence*
  • edited February 2010
    If that's her, then yes. I haven't been here long enough to know everybody.

The internet continues to depress.

I mean, have you never seen a pretty girl? Have you never seen a girl in a photo? Have you never seen a girl wearing a dark shirt?

Go to the park. Or just outside. Or Google Image Search. Or something.

Goddamn creepy internet, I swear.
  • edited February 2010
    Kroms wrote: »

I mean, have you never seen a pretty girl? Have you never seen a girl in a photo? Have you never seen a girl wearing a dark shirt?

Go to the park. Or just outside. Or Google Image Search. Or something.

Goddamn creepy internet, I swear.

I knew this going to be ackward eventually, I knew it!
  • edited February 2010

Well, I assume not in an office that makes games about two likable anthromorpologic characters, at the very least. Being fond of nerdy stuff DOES add to attractiveness, aaand he was just being honest, so I don't really think there is a need for being that harsh.

I mean, I didn't find it depressing or creepy...

Go to the park. Or just outside.
    Oh, well, true dat!
    Or Google Image Search.
    lol
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I knew this going to be ackward eventually, I knew it!

Damn straight.
  • edited February 2010
    I don't mean to be a jerk, though then again I guess a hippo doesn't mean to be fat. I just think it's strange and horrible that a woman can't post a photo on the internet without being goggled at.

At least Falanca got that I was also joking a little.
  • edited February 2010
    Who's Googling? I'm not using Google. Maybe, like me, the Internet denizens just grew up imitating the Animaniacs.

HelloNurse.jpg
  • edited February 2010
    I don't mean to be a jerk, though then again I guess a hippo doesn't mean to be fat. I just think it's strange and horrible that a woman can't post a photo on the internet without being goggled at.

At least Falanca got that I was also joking a little.

Beauty is a curse, man. Also I find the situation rather cute, in comparison to what kind of materials that internet holds, but let's just not start that.

I believe the guys also got some love from their audience, but *pshaw* you know how the girls are. Blushing and hesitating to post and everythiiing, you knooow...
  • MRNMRN
    edited February 2010
    Hi, just saw this forums and joined.

Im pretty excited about the new S&M game, like most of you guys :p

Also, I managed to issolate (sp?) the concept arts, from the teaser site.

http://www.telltalegames.com/images/franchise/samandmax/2010/concepts/01.jpg

Go to this site thn just change the number in the endo to a number from 1 to 6.
  • edited February 2010
    Have you never seen a girl wearing a dark shirt?
    Or Google Image Search.
    DARN IT.

All I get are nude girls, not a single dark shirt wearing ones. Thanks a bunch, bastard.

Got my hopes all up, then... nothin' :p
  • edited February 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    I may be the only one who thinks that picture is from Reality 2.0, or Chariots of the Dogs. They thought they could fool us!
    Even assuming the textures aren't on it, it doesn't look like anywhere from, those two games to me.

And as a woman, I see nothing wrong at all with Little Writer's post.
  • edited February 2010

And thus the only pic of myself I posted here has my face partly concealed by a copy of "Surfin' the Highway" :p
  • edited February 2010
    And thus the only pic of myself I posted here has my face partly concealed by a copy of "Surfin' the Highway" :p

I did notice that the number of females who posted there was... limited.
    Then again I shouldn't talk, I didn't post either. Although I love being goggled, but I don't want people to know what I look like after all the stupid things I've been saying in here.
    I'll probably get over it at some point :P

And I didn't notice there was a woman on this picture, but I see nothing wrong with pointing out that she's attractive. It's not like it's an insult. Plus, it resulted in people saying it was nikasaur, which is nice because I like her, and this way I can put her face to her name.

Can someone just tell me which is Majus and which is Suro? >.> They always seem to appear together so I have no clue.
  • edited February 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    And I didn't notice there was a woman on this picture, but I see nothing wrong with pointing out that she's attractive. It's not like it's an insult. Plus, it resulted in people saying it was nikasaur, which is nice because I like her, and this way I can put her face to her name.

Exactly. Well, it's just about the place, not the message anyway.

As she introduced herself with her personality, intellect and selectiveness of fiction BEFORE her natural beauty, I... well... actually... I didn't think of the rest of the sentence, I just wanted to point out other awesome things about nikasaur. You know what? Let's turn this thread into an "appreciation of nikasaur's existence thread" or something.

GOD what a groveller I am.
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Even assuming the textures aren't on it, it doesn't look like anywhere from, those two games to me.

And as a woman, I see nothing wrong at all with Little Writer's post.

Actually, the textureless look and the camera angle reminded me much of Sybil's office in Reality 2.0, and what reminded me of Chariots was only the color scheme -again because of the texturelessness. Theen I realized there WAS something look alike of a spaceship at the back. Yep, you're right.

Damn, I was proud of my eyes back then...
  • nikasaurnikasaur Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    Let's turn this thread into an "appreciation of nikasaur's existence thread" or something.

Love you too.

Now shhh.

Can someone just tell me which is Majus and which is Suro?

Majus has the big black glasses and Suro has the ponytail.
  • edited February 2010
    nikasaur wrote: »
    Majus has the big black glasses and Suro has the ponytail.

Thanks!
  • edited February 2010
    I second the Nikasaur appreciation thread. You know what? No, it needs to be an entire forum.
  • edited February 2010
    Omg, one little comment and this whole forum goes nuclear on me. Sorry I ever said that, and I'm very disappointed that people here immediately think the worst after such a thing. From now on I'll keep my mouth shut about other people.

EDIT: Sorry, perhaps a little too harsh a reaction on my part - but it's often difficult to deduce whether a reply is written in seriousness or in jest, and I also overreact when it involves a sincere albeit perhaps naive comment I made. So let's just move on :o.
  • edited February 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I second the Nikasaur appreciation thread. You know what? No, it needs to be an entire forum.

Come on, you're going to embarrass her. She knows we love her because, really, how could we not? Let's leave it at that.
  • edited February 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Come on, you're going to embarrass her. She knows we love her because, really, how could we not? Let's leave it at that.

Never say never, except she said it
  • edited February 2010
    So I'm guessing Sam and Max doesn't come out in January then?
  • edited February 2010
    So I'm guessing Sam and Max doesn't come out in January then?

What do you mean, you didn't get your copy?
  • edited February 2010
    Let's turn this thread into an "appreciation of nikasaur's existence thread" or something.
    Does this worshipping include ritual sacrifices of goats and/or sheep?

If so, I am in, if not... nevermind... :p
  • edited February 2010
    Does this worshipping include ritual sacrifices of goats and/or sheep?

If so, I am in, if not... nevermind... :p

No, involves Ritual SUICIDE. Like Sudoku!
  • edited February 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    No, involves Ritual SUICIDE. Like Sudoku!

I'm not sure if you meant Seppuku or if that's the joke...
  • edited February 2010
    So it's the Nikasaur Cult?

Hmmm... it's starting to get creepier...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.