Sam and Max 2010...

1131415161719»

Comments

• edited February 2010
    NickTTG wrote: »
    uh oh.... sam and max is in the lead. :)

How's that bad? If Sam & Max lose, Max will probably gnaw all of Telltale's employees' faces off.
  • edited February 2010
    and if they win, The Cheat will gnaw their faces off. it's a lose-lose sitiation
  • MRNMRN
    edited March 2010
    Sam and Max won!!!!!!!!

Weeeeee xD
  • edited March 2010
    Wooo! Now, wait....I was going to do something amazing in this special time of victory, but I hesitated so, I'm just going to make a popping sound with my mouth, and stand in a victory pose.
  • edited March 2010
    This should be interesting. In an interview with Mojo, Jared briefly mentions what we can look forward to in Season Three:
    Without giving away too many details about the score, I can assure you that the season 3 music is going to be an eclectic mix with a jazzy undercurrent, much like the earlier seasons. I can say that there will be more new straight-up jazzy material in the style that was such a big part of the first half of season one—along the lines of the tracks that appeared in the office, the tv studio, the street, etc. There will also be a good amount of more old timey jazz, classic noir, and the biggest new musical flavor: cheesy 70s sci-fi. I'm really excited about how the score is shaping up thus far, and I think folks are really going to like it when they hear the games!
    A noir episode at last? Mm..
  • edited March 2010
    Harald B wrote: »
    This should be interesting. In an interview with Mojo, Jared briefly mentions what we can look forward to in Season Three:
    A noir episode at last? Mm..

Stuff in vein of Cogs in Motion & co.? Mmmmmmmm... Now, this is the 6th time I got completely sold on the new series - can I please buy it, at last? :D
  • edited March 2010
    Stuff in vein of Cogs in Motion & co.? Mmmmmmmm... Now, this is the 6th time I got completely sold on the new series - can I please buy it, at last? :D

Cogs in Motion and Twilight Eternal!!!!

But I like the new genre: Cheesy 70's sci fi!!!
  • edited March 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Cogs in Motion and Twilight Eternal!!!!

But I like the new genre: Cheesy 70's sci fi!!!

Yep, I also dig Twilight Eternal (I even started to write lyrics for it at some point :) ), but that song is in S2E5, and hardly qualifies as "earlier seasons".

I'm curious about the cheesy 70s sci-fi stuff, too, although I think Jared is best when he's in and around the jazz genre.
  • edited March 2010
    Yep, I also dig Twilight Eternal (I even started to write lyrics for it at some point :) ), but that song is in S2E5, and hardly qualifies as "earlier seasons".

I know, but those are my favorite tracks, with the Office, THEM and Ted E Bear Waltz.
    I'm curious about the cheesy 70s sci-fi stuff, too, although I think Jared is best when he's in and around the jazz genre.

There's some Wallace and Gromit music which is pretty good, so, while I can hum the song, I'm ussually fine with it.
  • edited March 2010
    It's March and apart from the end of TOMI, there's been nothing about S&M3. Not even a blog post lol.
  • edited March 2010
    Some noir Jazz stylings would be awesome!
  • edited March 2010
    If the music in the new game is as awesome as Twilight Eternal, then I'm happy. If my game had to freeze for minutes at a time, I'm glad it always happened in the sewers. It was because of the autosave, but I have a better computer now. I even made a video with that music as the background.

Please Hold is excellent as well.
  • edited March 2010
    There's some Wallace and Gromit music which is pretty good, so, while I can hum the song, I'm ussually fine with it.

Very few, for me. There were two memorable tunes in FotB, one in TLR (OK - one and its 5 variants), and zero in the other two games. The stuff Jared written for W&G are good as background music, but after the 11 Sam&Max games, I had much higher expectations. So, Season 3 FTW!!!! :)
  • edited March 2010
    Very few, for me. There were two memorable tunes in FotB, one in TLR (OK - one and its 5 variants), and zero in the other two games. The stuff Jared written for W&G are good as background music, but after the 11 Sam&Max games, I had much higher expectations. So, Season 3 FTW!!!! :)

I know. But those few are really good anyway (There's Skychase too (The one of the last puzzle in Muzzled!). AND Shooting Gallery, but I like the last one because it's make me giggle).

Is the one of TLR Water Rescue and Mystery by any chance?

I was hoping some day, Telltale release some sort of compilation disc with the best tunes of their games.
  • edited March 2010
    Well, a big random musical number would seem a tad out of place in calm britain.
  • edited March 2010
    Well, a big random musical number would seem a tad out of place in calm britain.

No not particulary....or at least I don't think so...maybe...what?
  • edited March 2010

I don't think it's that out of place once in a while.
  • edited March 2010
    I know. But those few are really good anyway (There's Skychase too (The one of the last puzzle in Muzzled!). AND Shooting Gallery, but I like the last one because it's make me giggle).

Yep, the two in FotB are really excellent. Sky Chase is OK, but didn't really stand out for me.
    Is the one of TLR Water Rescue and Mystery by any chance?

Accidentally, yes :)

Check out the music in the shorts and the movie, they all have excellent scores. Also Chicken Run ;)
  • edited March 2010
    Yep, the two in FotB are really excellent. Sky Chase is OK, but didn't really stand out for me.

Accidentally, yes :)

Check out the music in the shorts and the movie, they all have excellent scores. Also Chicken Run ;)

I meant them bursting into song totally randomly, a la The War Song. Doesn't really go with the theme well.
  • edited March 2010
    I want sparkling grape juice.
  • edited March 2010
    Is it out yeeet?
  • edited March 2010
    Well, let's think of how great Bright Side of the Moon was in anticipation!
  • edited March 2010

i didn't like that episode that much. the boss fight was just awful.
  • edited March 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I want sparkling grape juice.

Maybe you could settle for some...

Banaaaaaanggg!!
  • edited March 2010

But with that, we knew when and what was coming, all we get is a stinking site that never updates... :(
  • edited March 2010
    I meant them bursting into song totally randomly, a la The War Song. Doesn't really go with the theme well.

OK. No argument here :D
    fruust wrote: »
    i didn't like that episode that much. the boss fight was just awful.

I thought it was hilarious!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.