The Legendary General Art Thread

Comments

• edited March 2012
    whygodw.jpg
    Tommy from 'Rugrats' grows up; wonders why God has physically forsaken him!
  • edited March 2012
    drunkup.jpg
    A sman getting pished.
  • edited March 2012
    Every time I see supmandude's new drawing, the artist in me cries a little.
  • edited March 2012
    I just made some Marvel character designs in my style... which is weird and strange...

Thingklein.png
    Spider-manklein.png

Go to my blog to see the rest! www.imajunationblog.blogspot.com
  • edited March 2012
    Junaid wrote: »
    I just made some Marvel character designs in my style... which is weird and strange...

...and ten kinds of awesome.
  • edited March 2012
    Davies wrote: »
    ...and ten kinds of awesome.

I concur with this statement.
  • edited March 2012
    I especially like the Invisible Woman one, which begs the philosophical question, is there a point to applying cosmetics when no one can see them?

(And if there is, is there a point to using a mirror?)
  • edited March 2012
    I'm new here. Decided to show one of my old pieces. Let me know what you guys think.

blonde.jpg
  • edited March 2012
    An Eeyore plush for my math teachers' baby son, born March 1st. (Almost done, still needs the tail-bow. Shouldn't take more than a half hour)

attachment.php?attachmentid=2901&stc=1&d=1331019698
  • edited March 2012
    Havocbeast wrote: »
    I'm new here. Decided to show one of my old pieces. Let me know what you guys think.

It kind of depends what you're aiming for. Her face looks a little cartoonish, because it's missing details you would normally notice in a close-up, but if you were trying for a cartoonish look, great! Also, her lips being the same color as what the background would be at that point make them seem to disappear, which is fine if you were wanting that effect, distracting if you weren't.
    An Eeyore plush for my math teachers' baby son, born March 1st. (Almost done, still needs the tail-bow. Shouldn't take more than a half hour)

Super, but because it's for a baby, realize it may spend a fair amount of time in baby's mouth. Make sure pieces won't come off (I'm worried about that tail bow), and it at least starts out clean enough for that.
  • edited March 2012
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    Super, but because it's for a baby, realize it may spend a fair amount of time in baby's mouth. Make sure pieces won't come off (I'm worried about that tail bow), and it at least starts out clean enough for that.

I am expecting it to be attacked and drooled on. The button, ears, tail, etc have all been pulled on vigorously to make sure they won't be dismembered.
  • edited March 2012

Hey, welcome to the forum. :)

That picture doesn't really gel with my taste but that's because I'm a bloke. ;)

From an artistic point of view, I'd say that it's rather marvelous. Well done. Please upload some more of your art.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2901&stc=1&d=1331019698
    :eek: I don't recall Eeyore having the same hair as Bernard Black!

Bernard%252520Black.jpg

... It's still adorable though.
  • edited March 2012
    Twilight Sparkle:
    hry0oy.png
  • edited March 2012
    Twilight Sparkle...

Oh, you.
  • edited March 2012

Pretty good, there's something a little off about the left eye to me, but then again how often do I see people at this angle?
  • edited March 2012
    Twilight Sparkle:
    hry0oy.png

I confess your style slightly baffles me.
  • edited March 2012
    Twilight Sparkle:
    hry0oy.png

I still need an adult!!! :(
  • edited March 2012
    Rarity is going do-mi-do-ing in her do-mi-do duds!
    3446p9i.png
  • edited March 2012
    419296_10100305959566625_25400531_43074319_76401536_n.jpg
  • edited March 2012
    Rarity is going do-mi-do-ing in her do-mi-do duds!
    3446p9i.png

Your art style never ceases to amuse, confuse, and disturb me. Keep up the good work.
  • edited March 2012
    Anyone here a fan of Bubble Bobble?

bub_and_bob_by_spinky1-d4a3on3.jpg

I did some fan art explaining how the blow bubbles. You can also check it out on my DeviantArt page. (Sorry, I don't know how to embed an image from DeviantArt into my post) (*Mod edit: But I do* ;) )

I'm also trying to get it produced as a t-shirt. If you like it, please go to J!NX.com to vote for the design.
  • edited March 2012
    Spinky wrote: »
    Anyone here a fan of Bubble Bobble?

I did some fan art explaining how the blow bubbles. You can also check it out on my DeviantArt page. (Sorry, I don't know how to embed an image from DeviantArt into my post)

I'm also trying to get it produced as a t-shirt. If you like it, please go to J!NX.com to vote for the design.

Your art is superb and the Bubble Bobble one is adorable. Keep up the good work.
  • edited March 2012
    Applejack:
    2elts7q.png
  • edited March 2012
    Fluttershy:
    ephklw.png

The Cat in the Hat:
    5dkn6v.png
  • edited March 2012
    Preview of a new animation thingy I'm working on.

nogeenpreview.png
  • edited March 2012
    Umm, expect a nice little note from Marvel's lawyers if you put that in the mainstream.
  • edited March 2012
    It counts as fanart, I'm not making any money with it ;)
  • edited March 2012
    Umm, expect a nice little note from Marvel's lawyers if you put that in the mainstream.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use
  • edited March 2012
    More screenshots, I hope to finish this before The Avengers comes out. nogeenpreview.png
  • edited March 2012
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship.

Fanart does not fall under any of those, and that is why companies like Activision made the final call on whether a KQ/QFG fangame was going to be released rather than it just being ok to put it out under fair use.

US Copyright law is unnecessarily draconian, yes, and it requires companies to defend their trademarks in order to keep them.
  • edited March 2012
    KuroShiro wrote: »
    Fanart does not fall under any of those.

Yes, it does. As long as you give credit and don't make money off it.
  • edited March 2012
    Yes, it does. As long as you give credit and don't make money off it.

The very Wikipedia article you linked to listed as common misunderstandings, "Acknowledgment of the source makes a use fair" and "Noncommercial use is invariably fair," so neither of those implies fair use.

Though personally, I would be more worried about trademark law. Fair Use only applies to copyrights, not trademarks.
  • edited March 2012
    The very Wikipedia article you linked to listed as common misunderstandings, "Acknowledgment of the source makes a use fair" and "Noncommercial use is invariably fair," so neither of those implies fair use.

As long as it BOTH gives credit and is noncommercial, it's fine. According to you shouldn't The Legendary Fanart threads be shut down? No copyright holders give half a fuck about fan material.
  • edited March 2012
    Well... technically speaking, stuff that's put out on the Internet like fan art, fan videos, fan trailers, fan games and etc. IS illegal if it uses copyrighted material like names, characters, worlds/locations, representations of a particular figure, etc. REGARDLESS if it gives credit or is non-commercial. Which is pretty much most of the fan-stuff out there. A lot of it actually doesn't fall under Fair Use (which is, not to mention, a US law, so it all depends also on where the copyright holder is located), and it's a common misconception that it does. Fair Use is really tricky.

HOWEVER. Despite it being technically illegal, a lot of copyright holders let the fans do their stuff because at the least it makes their public image better, and at the most - they like what their fans are doing and want them to keep doing it. Depends on the holder.
    No copyright holders give half a fuck about fan material.

Tell that to everybody who received a cease and desist letter for their fan-material. There are a lot of copyright holders who GIVE a @#$% and close down shitloads of fan-projects, because they're technically illegal if you don't receive an official written signed permission/license to do that.

PS. Public domain is also a tricky part. It is illegal to use, let's say, Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata that you've found on a CD, because that particular performance IS copyrighted and you need permission to use it. However, the music itself is public domain, so if you record your own performance - you're fine.

PSS. And, just so you know, all this comes from my personal experience because I had problems with this stuff, plus from some people that deal with legal stuff and helped me with it.
  • edited March 2012
    I don't worry too much about copyright. If people like it, it'll stay online.

Anyway, I've been working on the Fantastic Four scene today. The person who can count all the 4's gets a cookie.
    nogeenpreview.png
  • edited March 2012
    @Junaid - I hate you!*

*Because you're so awesome and talented!
  • edited March 2012
    Now this little ditty I threw together covers all eight original Sierra KQ titles.

king__s_quest___the_complete_saga_by_frankrt-d4n0a6o.png
  • edited March 2012
    Nice and simplistic. Good job!
  • edited March 2012
    nice job!
    first vector-Graham ever, I bet :D
    and kudos++ for the 'Cedric depiction' of KQ5 :p
  • edited March 2012
    You know what I haven't done in a while? General Art. Or any art for that matter. Hopefully I'll get a chance to draw more.

amazon_ii_by_klatuu_vii-d4uk0b7.jpg

Another "Amazon" from Matt Dixon's book, you know my art by now. Kind of risque in retrospect, hopefully not too much.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.