The Legendary General Art Thread

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Man. I just love the bit with Venom, and the bit with Tony Stark.
    (Just gets the characters so right! XD)

MORE! MORE! ENCORE! ENCORE!
  • edited May 2012
    Thanks! IGN en Comicbookmovie posted it on their main site yesterday, that was awesome :)
  • edited May 2012
    Right, just a quick update; Disassembled went viral VERY quickly. I really didn't expect it but the last few days have been really awesome. I've got some awesome e-mails, so awesome that I can't even talk about it.
    Yay!
  • edited May 2012
    Junaid wrote: »
    Right, just a quick update; Disassembled went viral VERY quickly. I really didn't expect it but the last few days have been really awesome. I've got some awesome e-mails, so awesome that I can't even talk about it.
    Yay!

Yeah, I saw it posted on TDW Geeks, too. You go, Junaid!
  • edited May 2012
    lego_sierra_allstars_by_irishmile-d516xmb.png
  • edited May 2012
    I'm not sure I like Graham's expression, but otherwise those are very cool. (I love the Lego games!) Where did they come from?
  • edited May 2012
    He made them.
  • edited May 2012
    Needs a Sonny Bonds lego...

Maybe a Arthur or Robin one too.

Laura Bow?

Freddy Pharkas?

Gabriel Knight?

Adam from EcoQuest?

Jerrod Wilson?
  • edited May 2012
    Ive never played Gold Rush.
  • edited May 2012
    thom-22 wrote: »
    I'm not sure I like Graham's expression, but otherwise those are very cool. (I love the Lego games!) Where did they come from?

Im not really sure I like the expression either.. I may change it.. this is sort of the Graham that was in my mind.. I also thought about giving him hair under the cap even if its wasn't Lego accurate.
    Graham.pnglego_king_graham_by_irishmile-d516wf9.png
  • edited May 2012
    Aah. For some reason, I think of this as the definitive King Graham:

graham.png

There's a hint of a smile, and I always thought he looked a bit like Elvis.

Anyway, your Lego's are great and I'd love to see more if you have the time and inclination and inspiration. :)
  • edited May 2012
    Irishmile wrote: »
    lego_sierra_allstars_by_irishmile-d516xmb.png

Nice Job! If they made this into a video game,I'd buy it. Loved the harry potter ones and pirates.
  • edited May 2012
    Yeah... the Lego games are all kind of samey.. but I have not gotten bored with them yet... I always look forward to them .. because it means my son and I will have hours of bonding.
  • edited May 2012
    thom-22 wrote: »
    Anyway, your Lego's are great and I'd love to see more if you have the time and inclination and inspiration. :)

Yeah.. you bet. Usually once I start its hard to turn it off anyway LOL Notice I gave Graham hair... I still have left his face .. but Its starting to grow on my.. He looks like the kind of guy you can take a punch to the face.
    lego_sierra_allstars_by_irishmile-d51a6wd.png
  • edited May 2012
    Oh, yeah, Gabriel's perfect!
  • edited May 2012
    wow! that is some class A designin' ~
    Don't bother on Valanice, bytheway, appearantly Lego has already created that one themselves:
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41JF8YcYFeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • edited May 2012
    Grahamlego.PNG
    Was having fun modifying the ROYALS.bmp file in KQ8! The file puts the paintings in the Castle Daventry.
  • edited June 2012
    Thought this might come in handy in this forum. (page cleared from her Spaceventure endorsement, so "she" can comment on everything King's Quest related)

Roberta_blank.jpg
  • edited June 2012
    LOL.. oh boy..
  • edited June 2012
    What is the context of that picture? I don't get it... Did I miss a meme somewhere?
  • edited June 2012
    BagginsKQ wrote: »
    What is the context of that picture? I don't get it... Did I miss a meme somewhere?

Ken & Roberta stopped by the SQ3 commentary chat, and took a photo to support the Two Guys Spaceventure kickstarter project.

Original --
    http://guysfromandromeda.com/closing-thoughts-scott-mark-prototype-3/
    Roberta_001-300x294.jpg
  • edited June 2012
    Cool, great to see her in public again!

I still hold out hope that she'll start producimg things again. Novels would count!
  • edited June 2012
    the_royal_family_of_daventry_by_irishmile-d53mvr2.png
  • edited June 2012
    Valanice in particular looks like she's gained some extra pounds, LOL.

Also why does Alexander have boots, and Graham doesn't?
  • edited June 2012
    It all really depends on how lazy I feel when making them LOL
  • edited June 2012
    More awesome news! Stan Lee himself recorded an introduction for Disassembled! https://vimeo.com/41930613

More stuff coming soon!
  • edited June 2012
    More awesome news! Stan Lee himself recorded an introduction for Disassembled! https://vimeo.com/41930613

More stuff coming soon!

This is probably the most awesome thing I've heard all day. Congratulations!

So, when do you get hired, now? XP
  • edited June 2012
    Nice.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2012

More stuff coming soon!

Congratulations, Junaid. I can not imagine how a somehow derivative work of art could be more honored. This is just GREAT. :D
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks! I know right? So awesome that the creator of most of those characters likes it :)

Obviously, there are all kinds of things going on right now, concerning work and projects... but I can't talk about it yet! (take that as a good sign ;))

We'll probably save them for one big announcement in the coming weeks
  • edited June 2012
    Nice, but please put Rosella in her red and white peasant outfit from the only good King's Quest game she ever starred in. Thanks.
  • edited June 2012
    king_graham_epic_pie_in_the_eye_by_irishmile-d5509f2.jpg

Epic.
  • edited June 2012
    the_royal_family_of_daventry_by_irishmile-d53mvr2.png

like X 1000. Now all you need is a little annoying owl in a vest with a monocle....
  • edited June 2012
    I want to see a Connor one too...

How about a Princess Priscilla?

Do the bad guys get some love?
  • edited June 2012
    A Manannan lego man would be ace.
  • edited July 2012
    Right, one more post before I shut up: We're going to do a show in the style of Disassembled for Stan Lee! And also one for Mondo Media!

I started a studio with my friend Davor to work on these projects (and more). More information on this little temp site: www.KLOMPanimation.com

We're also going to Comic Con to show the trailer for Bad Days, the Stan Lee show :)
  • edited July 2012
    Right, one more post before I shut up

Don't you dare shut up! :D
    We're going to do a show in the style of Disassembled for Stan Lee! And also one for Mondo Media!

I started a studio with my friend Davor to work on these projects (and more). More information on this little temp site: www.KLOMPanimation.com

We're also going to Comic Con to show the trailer for Bad Days, the Stan Lee show :)

This might be the best news I've heard all week.
  • edited July 2012
    Right, one more post before I shut up: We're going to do a show in the style of Disassembled for Stan Lee! And also one for Mondo Media!

Amazing. Truly amazing. 0_o
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2012

That's great news. Congratulations! :)
  • edited July 2012
    I like doodling creatures. dunno why

FvD45.png
Sign in to comment in this discussion.