The Legendary General Art Thread

Comments

• edited November 2011
    374815_10100117593972785_25400531_42388754_1253286266_n.jpg

Promotional concept for the game. Quickie rough and scan.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm imagining the dialogue, "HA! Now that I have the magic sword, I'm ready for any attack!" Dragon behind him thinks, "Mmmmmmm, pretty toothpick!"
  • exoexo
    edited November 2011
    wow yoshi - your stuff outclasses all the other kq fanart. its well drawn, smart, and shows the character's style to boot.
  • edited November 2011
    strongbrush_v2_by_strongbrush1-d4h3uwd.png

Hey, remember that picture i posted a while back that recieved absolutely zero attention?

Well, I decided to post a new version of it. So here it is. Enjoy.
  • edited November 2011
    That's actually pretty cool fully coloured; I like it.

I'm guessing that's the final version, or are you planning on making further changes and improvements?
  • edited November 2011
    Hayden wrote: »
    That's actually pretty cool fully coloured; I like it.

I'm guessing that's the final version, or are you planning on making further changes and improvements?

Depends on whether or not you think it's finished.

But, yeah, I'm pretty happy with the results.
  • edited November 2011
    strongbrush_sprite_by_strongbrush1-d4hrrgs.png

I'm beginning to suspect that I'm having too much fun with this Original Character.
  • edited December 2011
    Have a holly jolly Christmas!

25auuiw.png
  • edited January 2012
    Radogol wrote: »
    Here's some stuff I Photoshopped - well, Gimped, actually - for my King's Quest fangame.

Dude all this stuff looks awesome! Please let us know when you have a version or at least a demo out. (I assume you intend to finish)...cause everyone needs more KQ in their lives :)
  • edited January 2012
    It's been a while since anything got posted in here, so I'll just leave this fanfic I wrote right here. It's Sam and Max related, yes, but it's a crossover You only get one guess as to what, based on the title.
    Sam and Max: Equestrian Idiots

Written by- Alan Burkholder AKA StrongBrush1
    Sam and Max Series created by- Steve Purcell
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic created by- Lauren Faust

Chapter One

There are more eight million people living in New York City today. The city itself is about 470 square miles altogether. It's the most heavily populated and arguably the most well known city in the United States, if not the world. With this many people living in one place, it's safe to safe that there are a few odd men roaming about, unnoticed by the wandering eyes of the average New York tourist, and some even unnoticed by the citizens themselves. In a tiny little apartment on the intersection of Straight Street and Narrow Road, we meet two such people. Except they're not really people, but whatever. I'd like you to meet the freelance police, a pair of animal gumshoes who will stop at nothing to stop crime and bring felons to justice.

First, we have Sam, a six-foot-tall Irish wolfhound, who wears an XXL gray two piece suit (from Men's Wearhouse, no doubt), a matching fedora, and a tie that is striped black and blue. He always carries around his trusty six-shot .44 Magnum revolver, but he rarely gets a chance to use it properly. If you look in the apartment you can clearly see the impression Sam has left on the place. There are old scraps of paper, a chronically out-of-tune banjo, and Fudgie Freeze sticks all over the floor. Sam loves a good bluegrass song, and he shares his partner's love of junk foods. Aside from being essentially what one could refer to as a “lazy dog,” Sam does take his work seriously. Whenever there's a problem, he takes up the case immediately, and acts strictly according to the code of the freelance police (that he took the liberty of creating himself).

However, our other new friend, Max, is not as by-the book as his friend Sam. Max is a three-foot-tall rabbit-like creature (no one is sure what species he is, but he refers to himself as a lagomorph) with serrated teeth and an equally razor-sharp wit. Max doesn't wear clothes, but he still never leaves the house without his sentimentally-valued Luger P08 (don't ask where he keeps it. It's none of your damn business.) As stated prior, Max loves junk food, but he also has a love of television. This is very unfortunate considering the TV in their office gets lousy reception. He doesn't mind much, though. In the grand scheme of things, Max mostly operates on his natural impulses. If he gets the feeling to do something, he acts on it, no matter the consequence. More often than not, though, this proves to come in handy when dealing with a psychotic villain, and Max prides himself on his work.

Today however, something is not quite right in the world of these two lovable scamps. In the nearby alley, Sam and Max have found themselves at odds with one of the most infamous underground gangs in New York City, and something inside Sam's mind is not quite right.

“Run, Max, ”shouted Sam as he sprinted down the trash-laden alleyway, “run as fast as you can! We've got to outrun these guys, little buddy!”

“Okay, first of all,” said Max, getting irritated at his long-time friend, “you're holding me like a ragdoll. I can't exactly run anywhere. Second, what is it with you and heavily armed gunmen lately? You're acting like I'm going to get shot in the heart or something!”
    At the very mention of 'shot in the heart,' Sam cringed and held his little buddy even closer as they ducked and ran away from the shots that followed them. As much as he wanted to stay focused on getting Max to safety, he just couldn't shake the haunting image of his partner lying lifeless on the concrete. The image clouded his brain and tugged at his arteries. “I'm sorry, little buddy, but I just can't stand to lose you.”

Max, getting more and more frustrated, had managed to loosen Sam's grip and turn himself around so he could get a good shot at the assailants. He fired off a couple warning shots, which seemed to slow the gang members down. “Ah, quit worrying about me so much,” he told Sam.”I'm going to be fine.”

Sam suddenly realized that he had made a mistake heading into the alley. Instead of shaking off the attackers, he had backed himself and Max into a corner. He started to panic, but he stayed silent, because he knew that if he made a single sound, it would be the death of the both of them. However, Max noticed, when turning back around, that there was something up ahead. Something bright, and something unusual. “Sam,” inquired Max, “what is that thing up there?”

Sam ceased his angst at once and took a look at the strange object around the corner. It was an enormous, orange-colored ray of energy, and it was sending off sparks from the wall on the opposite side of the alley. Sam was naturally just as confused as Max was right now. “I don't know, “ he said, “but I wonder how we never noticed that thing back here until now. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say it's a dimensional portal of some unknown nature.”

Before they could ponder the mysterious orange beam of light any longer, they heard approaching footsteps and knew that they had two options. Option one: Stay in the alley and let the NYPD find their bullet-riddled corpses there the next morning. Option two: head into the mystical beam of tangerine light and see where it leads. “Should we go for it,” Sam asked quietly, “or should we head back?”

Max, without a second thought, decided to go with option two. “Well, here goes nothing.” He took a running start, and leaped into the portal at warp speed. He felt a tingling sensation all throughout his fuzzy body, but he disregarded it. When he came out the other side of the portal he noticed he was in a dark tunnel, which suddenly turned into a grassy field. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed a large rock, and before he could react everything had suddenly gone dark and everything was quiet.
  • edited January 2012
    Nothing Spezial,only a little bit Paint Animation by me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVbHxJy-3Sk

That are Scenes from two cancelled Priscilla Projects,thats why it make no sense...well,my idea was a little bit to hard to animate,but:
    I WILL MAKE A SAM AND MAX CARTOON!!!I promise you!

And here a little finished Cartoon but...um...well...its not good...and its in German XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV0SEKaOyBM
  • edited January 2012
    A few drawings of my friends.
    portrait___alina_corciu_by_stanislavcostiuc-d4f4uu9.jpg
    portrait___natalia_popa_by_stanislavcostiuc-d4kmj9v.jpg

A few others can be seen here. Along with some notebook sketches.
  • edited January 2012
    Pinkie Pie from Friendship is Magic:
    2cqct3d.png
    Tried something different with the outlines.
  • edited January 2012
    Was bored today. And since I couldn't quite shoot the initials of Queen Victoria into the wall of my room myself, I drew somebody who could.

tumblr_ly4qskkBH11r9bmbeo1_500.jpg
  • edited January 2012
    Made these a while ago, in a fit of boredom.
    themarcfiddlescomic01.png
    themarcfiddlescomic02.png
    themarcfiddlescomic03.png
  • edited January 2012
    In honor of the Year of the Dragon, I sketched by favorite dragon.

tumblr_lyabr3NWa91r9bmbeo1_500.jpg
  • edited January 2012
    15d9owy.png
  • edited February 2012
    404574_3185988407764_1207382273_3300853_552985243_n.jpg

426718_3186514020904_1207382273_3301258_723720738_n.jpg
  • edited February 2012
    Hey, wanna see a tree that grows kittens?

... Your wish is fulfilled :p
  • edited February 2012
    Farlander wrote: »

That cat video frightens and disturbs me.
  • edited February 2012
    I am not responsible for any cavities you may receive.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2882&stc=1&d=1328296425
  • edited February 2012
    Not my art but my Grandma made a clay model of Dougal from the Magic Roundabout. Now shes passed on It's somthing I asked to have to remind me of her.

Photo_00038.jpg

Photo_00037.jpg

Photo_00036.jpg

Photo_00035.jpg
  • edited February 2012
    Bump. Like anyones gonna stop me MWHAHAHAA!
  • edited February 2012
    That's honestly really sweet.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited February 2012
    425725_10100426141800324_11323229_50393139_74357908_n.jpg

It's finally done!

Link's broke, please re-upload!
  • edited February 2012
    573741-20120221122609.jpg

How about now?
  • edited February 2012
    wip

9L4Kg.jpg
  • edited February 2012
    stickt.jpg

stickmid.jpg

stickmid2.jpg

stick2a.jpg
    edited February 2012
    All right Davies, ready to talk about color, sequential art, composition or anatomy yet? ;)
  • edited February 2012
    All right Davies, ready to talk about color, sequential art, composition or anatomy yet? ;)

Oh, you.

I'm only messing around. Although I do need more practice at drawing but I've done some fairly neat stuff. Unfortunately the only example I can give (due to not having access to my own PC for the next week) is a picture I made for a canceled Monkey Island fan game...
    2cpsrdi.jpg

... it's not great but it's not exactly stick figures. :p;)

On that note;
    guybrush.jpg
  • edited February 2012
    If we're back to sharing art, I've got this sketch that I did yesterday when I should have been writing a paper.

Attachment not found.

Yep. Basically silliness on lined paper because I don't have the discipline to go find some blank paper when I feel like drawing.
  • edited February 2012
    eggp.jpg
    edited February 2012
    Ahhhh... getting there... :D :D
  • edited February 2012
    Ahhhh... getting there... :D :D
    egg2.jpg

A bit closer now?
  • edited February 2012
    closer. You sure like your gradients...or spotlights. Whichever that was. :P
  • edited February 2012
    Johro wrote: »
    You sure like your gradients...or spotlights. Whichever that was. :P

Only because I'm lazy. :p

Actually, I like to draw by hand but I don't generally use a scanner. I'm a reasonably competent artist but I'm stuck drawing using a Mac mouse. It doesn't seem worthwhile to colour images properly when they're shakily drawn to begin with.

So yeah, lighting and spotlight filters all the way for now!
    supertentacle.jpg
  • edited February 2012
    I was just bugging you. I'm not that great. I have my own style and can't emulate others or draw with a mouse at all. I just envy most of you in that regard. I'm self taught more in horror stylings. Dark and sharps and such. I can't draw much else. In other words, don't ask me to draw a cat. :P
  • edited February 2012
    Johro wrote: »
    I was just bugging you. I'm not that great. I have my own style and can't emulate others or draw with a mouse at all. I just envy most of you in that regard. I'm self taught more in horror stylings. Dark and sharps and such. I can't draw much else. In other words, don't ask me to draw a cat. :P

Draw a cat! :p

I was looking through my small selection of Imageshack pictures and managed to find a sketch that I drew by hand. I posted it on this forum a while back. It's a picture of what might happen if The Thing (from John Carpenter's film) ever got to Africa...
    thingbv.jpg
    It's still not ideal at demonstrating what I do best but it's certainly more representative than my mouse drawn doodles!
  • edited February 2012
    ape.png
  • edited March 2012
    Spike:
    258xhtf.png

Rainbow Dash:
    qwx8b8.png
Sign in to comment in this discussion.