The Legendary General Art Thread

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Klatuu wrote: »
    You know what I haven't done in a while? General Art. Or any art for that matter. Hopefully I'll get a chance to draw more.

amazon_ii_by_klatuu_vii-d4uk0b7.jpg

Another "Amazon" from Matt Dixon's book, you know my art by now. Kind of risque in retrospect, hopefully not too much.

Wouldn't she... umm... ya know... get some pretty bad sunburn in some.. urr... sensitive areas?

But seriously that is some great art. (I wish I could draw like that. Curse these clumbsy paws I call "hands")
  • edited April 2012
    Thank you, thank you ^^
  • edited April 2012
    From my Ask Spike blog.

Question: Do you still feel more like a pony than a dragon?
    2sbwqix.png
  • edited April 2012
    [deleted] - moved to new post due to spelling error!
  • edited April 2012
    What's an Arpil?
  • edited April 2012
    aprilstrip.jpg
    What's an Arpil?

Well spotted. Thanks for that. I've fixed it now.
  • edited April 2012
    93555916.jpg
  • edited April 2012
    That's... insanely creepy.
  • edited April 2012
    Dark Adventure game in that style Davies! NOW! :3
  • edited April 2012
    grimmanny.jpg
    Dark Adventure game in that style Davies! NOW! :3

It's funny how everyone's still calling me "Davies"! :D
  • edited April 2012
    The longer you're on here before you change your name, the longer it takes for the community to adapt. I think it took months before everyone felt natural calling Sailor Cuteness "Coolsome".
  • edited April 2012
    The longer you're on here before you change your name, the longer it takes for the community to adapt. I think it took months before everyone felt natural calling Sailor Cuteness "Coolsome".

That makes sense. It doesn't bother me that if people still want to call me Davies though (after-all, it is my real life last name). I'm just slightly worried about newer forumites becoming confused.

Anyway, as you say; I'm sure it will level out as time goes by.
  • edited April 2012
    St_Eddie wrote: »
    That makes sense. It doesn't bother me that if people still want to call me Davies though (after-all, it is my real life last name). I'm just slightly worried about newer forumites becoming confused.

Anyway, as you say; I'm sure it will level out as time goes by.

I just realized that without the space, your name sounds like "Steady." :)
  • edited April 2012
    I just realized that without the space,your name sounds like "Steady." :)

Hehe. I know, it's a name that works on two levels.

Indecently, I use the title 'St_Eddie' for all of my online accounts. I was bullied as a child, constantly (and mockingly) referred to as 'Eddie' by the other kids (I like to be called Ed). Then I started to name all of my video-game characters St_Eddie...

'Eddie' because it's my way of taking the past control from my bullies back and reclaiming the name and 'St' because I always play as the good guy in games; this is particularly applicable to games which give you a choice of morals (e.g. 'Knight's of the Old Republic', 'Fallout 3' and 'Deus Ex').
  • edited April 2012
    What a coincidence, I also used to be called "Eddie" by the other kids when they wanted to annoy me. The difference here is that I've always gone by my shortened middle name, Kenny.
  • edited April 2012
    moegraham.jpg
  • edited April 2012
    another one of those things I cannot unsee from now on :p
    thanks...
  • edited April 2012
    I've thought of early KQ games artwork as being simpsonesque... Just not Moe-Graham...

I still think it would be fun to play an updated KQ game that purposely went for an HD Simpsons look... I think it would look retro, but adequately modernized at the same time!
  • edited April 2012
    Not only is it Easter today but it's also my niece's 7th birthday. Here's the card I made for her...

keirabday.jpg

... she loves Moshi Monsters!
  • edited April 2012
    evolutionofguybrush.jpg
  • edited April 2012

For me, I'm never able to truly adapt. St_Eddie will always be Davies, coolsome will always be Sailorcuteness, SHODANFreeman will always be Pale Man, saucerfoot3 will always be saucerfoot.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    St_Eddie wrote: »
    evolutionofguybrush.jpg

Nooooo... please preserve MI2 Guybrush in his original state. We can't just deny that he had gained some pounds after his first victory over LeChuck. He probably lost those while starving at sea after escaping the carnival of the damned. :D

gb_v1.jpg
  • edited April 2012
    Hayden wrote: »
    For me, I'm never able to truly adapt. St_Eddie will always be Davies, coolsome will always be Sailorcuteness, SHODANFreeman will always be Pale Man, saucerfoot3 will always be saucerfoot.

And Comrade Pants will always be Andrew Ryan?
  • edited April 2012
    Just got some amazing news!
    The Dutch Filmfund will finance my new animated short!
    It will be an Anikey (Paco Vink's company) film so expect some good old in-jokes ;)

announcement2poster.png
  • edited April 2012
    And Comrade Pants will always be Andrew Ryan?

Of course!
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2012
    I've been making a collage of all of the adventure game characters I've drawn so far. I keep adding to it as I make them. More characters were being added quickly when I was making individual art for my blog posts, but I haven't made art for my blog in a long time, so I figured I'd add in the few I've made recently (plus a few extras to fill in the space) and post it here. :)

adventuregames.png
  • edited April 2012
    Jennifer wrote: »
    I've been making a collage of all of the adventure game characters I've drawn so far. I keep adding to it as I make them. More characters were being added quickly when I was making individual art for my blog posts, but I haven't made art for my blog in a long time, so I figured I'd add in the few I've made recently (plus a few extras to fill in the space) and post it here. :)

adventuregames.png

*makes mental note to contact Jennifer regarding sprites, should I ever decide to make another adventure game*
  • edited April 2012
    ZsKCz.png

My first attempt at drawing something with Colors 3D on the 3DS.

Now I'm going to point out that I am definately no artist. I'm quite rubbish, but the tools in this program are pretty great once you get used to it.

(Its not in 3D btw, since I couldn't get the whiskers to look right popping out, so I kept it to one layer)

One thing to note however, is that it can be very difficult to tell between shades, which is why there is black amongst the chocolate brown.

Still, not a bad effort by all means. :D
  • edited April 2012
    A poster I did for a motion comic project that should (hopefully) be taking off soon.

536548_10150786026244359_204851739358_11635956_1588881865_n.jpg
  • edited April 2012
    That picture is pretty freakin fantastic!

The only minor gripe is the girls bum.

She looks a bit umm... disproportioned? :confused:
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Ahhh, no. I think my boss would compare it to her own bum. Just sayin'. :D

Great pic, by the way! Do you intend to make the ground the girl is standing on more earth-like still? That seems to have been your concept, no? Or are you struggling with color composition, as that would mean a lot of green and blue?
  • edited April 2012
    Ahhh, no. I think my boss would compare it to her own bum. Just sayin'. :D

Great pic, by the way! Do you intend to make the ground the girl is standing on more earth-like still? That seems to have been your concept, no? Or are you struggling with color composition, as that would mean a lot of green and blue?

Could make it different shades of brown.

Like those old wood globes you get.
    (Many of which store liquer! :D)
  • edited April 2012

Normally I would, but in this case that's where the title goes so it's intentionally left pretty bare so that the type will be easily legible.

And that bum was painstakingly photo-referenced, I'll have you know! ;)
  • edited April 2012
    I uploaded a VIDEO of me drawing a background for the adventure game project I'm working on.
  • edited April 2012
    More painting in Colors 3D! :D

2bnu.wiggle.gif

http://3dporch.com/2bnu
    (has other 3d versions on there)

As you can see I was just playing around with it a bit.

Sort of drawing the doorway in my house.

3 layers there.

The Door, the doorway, and what's behind the door.

Heh. A real artist could make some cool things in this.
    (Hey imagine a 3DS adventure game made with this tool! :D)

(image might have disappeared, but I think the link works alright still)
  • edited April 2012
    Second poster for the same project as the last one. Again, the bottom is left mostly bare for titles. :)

578290_10150841458194359_204851739358_11816087_703383262_n.jpg
  • edited May 2012
    Hi guys!

I just finished a new fan-thing animation. It's called Disassembled and features Marvel characters:

disassembledpreview.png

You can watch it here: https://vimeo.com/41930613
  • edited May 2012
    Fantastic.
  • edited May 2012
    Junaid wrote: »
    Hi guys!

I just finished a new fan-thing animation. It's called Disassembled and features Marvel characters:

disassembledpreview.png

You can watch it here: https://vimeo.com/41930613

I laughed so much.
  • edited May 2012
    That was brilliant, Junaid. I've watched it twice already.

Edit: Make that three... or more times. Can't... stop... watching...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.