Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse: The Tomb of Sammun-Mak OUT NOW! (Trailer & Reviews!)

Comments

• edited May 2010
    So they check out characters' ancestors in this episode?

OMG I HOPE THIS MEANS WE GET TO SEE THE SODA POPPER'S GREAT GRANDPAPPIES!!

... Joking aside, I can't wait for this one. Release it now for the heck of it.
  • edited May 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    May 18th! Alright, it's only six days away; count em folks!

Ooo look, demonic projector.
    SnM_TPD_TSM_SS_projector.jpg

I just had a thought, that projector might have psychic powers, perhaps it projects an image of the past for Sam and Max to watch.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    No problem :) I always like when people put "(sp?)" or "(spelling?)" or "(is that how you spell it?)" in their posts because then I can correct them without sounding like an annoying spelling nazi :D
    I mean, if you ask for it... I'm just being helpful, really :p

Okay then, just wanted to make sure. :) In fact I'm glad that you've considered helping other members out, since the Internet is really a mixed bag in terms of friendliness and politness with most people acting rudely and not considering other peoples feelings.
  • edited May 2010
    dear tell-tale pleas girth mak the hat from co-sept art and ps girth max the hat it gust looks cool.
    pss idea max phols dawn the hat and shed lets get those toys polling out his Luger jus and idea
  • edited May 2010
    kane wrote: »
    dear tell-tale pleas girth mak the hat from co-sept art and ps girth max the hat it gust looks cool.
    pss idea max phols dawn the hat and shed lets get those toys polling out his Luger jus and idea
    Could you please re-read your own post, and make it understandable? Thanks :)
  • edited May 2010

The explanation, thanks to Jake:
    Jake wrote: »
    The hat was causing a lot of problems with his face because of how the geometry worked out so it never made it into the game. I missed it for a while, but am used to it now. Long six days ahead I imagine...
  • edited May 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    Could you please re-read your own post, and make it understandable? Thanks :)

Ginny answered already, but here is my translation of the beginning:
    Dear telltale, please give Max the hat from the concept art and please give Max the hat it just looks cool.

I lost hope for the second sentence. Something about taking the Luger and the toys out of his hat?
  • edited May 2010
    im shore im not god at readdeng and tiping plus i hav dislecsea but in tund ahwt allier
  • edited May 2010
    im shore im not god at readdeng and tiping plus i hav dislecsea but in tund ahwt allier

What?
  • edited May 2010
    What?
    He's not good at typing and has dyslexia
  • edited May 2010
    Edited my post from before!
  • edited May 2010

I need help with my English: What did Max's Great-Grandfather said?
  • edited May 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I need help with my English: What did Max's Great-Grandfather said?

"Look, Samith, a ventriloquist doll."
  • edited May 2010
    The trailer shows at least 2 new powers: a movie reel that gives the power of Astral Projection, and the can that appeared in The Penal Zone's credit's and that pulls Samith and Maxwell into it.

Edit: And it also shows the ventriloquist doll from the trailer.
  • edited May 2010

That was amazing! I look forward to seeing more of Papier Waite and Toy Tycoon Santa.
  • edited May 2010
    What?
    I'm sorry, I'm not good at reading and typing, plus I have dislexia but in tund ahwt allier

The bold part is fixed by me, not sure about the end.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    The bold part is fixed by me, not sure about the end.

I think he said "what" and "earlier".

Side Note: Trailer was freakin' awesome!!!
  • edited May 2010
    YESS! :D Trailer's out! Thank you!!! >w<
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Trailer rocks my cotton socks. TWISTY!
  • edited May 2010
    Finally a release date!
    I've been getting so impatient from the wait.
  • edited May 2010
    Aargh!!red dead redemption and sam & max on the same day!!!its too much for my mortal mind
  • edited May 2010
    Well, judging by his small appearance in the trailer, pictured bellow, it seems like we will end up meeting the Jurgen-like character from the villains line-up in this episode.
    302TrailerShot.png
  • edited May 2010
    "Look, Samith, a ventriloquist doll."

Is that his name?
  • edited May 2010
    Is that his name?
    I heard the line as "Look, Sam, it's a ventriloquist doll!" Though I may be wrong.

EDIT: Okay, nevermind. I just listened to it again and it's definitely "Samith".
  • edited May 2010
    Would it be weird if I ended up liking Sam and Max's ancestors more than Sam and Max?
  • edited May 2010
    Would it be weird if I ended up liking Sam and Max's ancestors more than Sam and Max?

No, I don't think so. Probably will be because they are the ancestors of Sam and Max, which mean you need Sam and Max for like them more.

Why there's so many Fan Art to do and so little time for it...
  • edited May 2010

No, tell the truth; I already like Samith and Maxwell better then Sam & Max, already. For some reason they're a little cooler then present S&M.
  • edited May 2010
    Samith (is that the name, are we certain?) certainly has a rocking mustache. I'd KILL to be able to grow that kind of facial hair. Also I love his 1902 era outfit, and the fact that it has a weave just like the new weave of Sam's suit.

EDIT: Did anyone catch the names of the new psychic powers? One I saw was "Can O' Nuts" which must be the cylinder from the opening credits....
  • edited May 2010
    No, tell the truth; I already like Samith and Maxwell better then Sam & Max, already. For some reason they're a little cooler then present S&M.

Maxwell???
  • edited May 2010
    Yes!!! That trailer was freaking awsome! Now I really can't wait for this episode. I only wish I didn't have to watch it on the Gamespot app since it's a load of cra- ooh a distraction! :p
  • edited May 2010
    Maxwell???

Well, yeah. It's a guess but in the early days, names were a lot more formal.
  • edited May 2010
    Well, yeah. It's a guess but in the early days, names were a lot more formal.

Ah... well, it's ok. I just wanted to know if that name were official or not
  • edited May 2010
    So I ended up googling "samith" and discovered that at least severals of people bear that name. There's even a few "Samithamby's"!

Not that that's likely to have any significance, but hey, it killed a few minutes.

Also:

SaM_Baccano.png

... But that's a personal problem. >_>;
  • edited May 2010
    Isaac and Miria might give Sam and Max a run for their money on the zaniness charts but Sam and Max would kick everyone else's asses.
  • edited May 2010
    I like when people say "(sp?)" because then I can feel superior for having a browser that automatically spell-checks for me.
  • edited May 2010
    the man in the red top hat is santa
  • edited May 2010
    I like when people say "(sp?)" because then I can feel superior for having a browser that automatically spell-checks for me.

Feeling superior for needing a program to tell you how to spell reeks of Irawnee.
  • edited May 2010
    *still whistling quietly*
This discussion has been closed.