Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse: The Tomb of Sammun-Mak OUT NOW! (Trailer & Reviews!)

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    They release on a different day of the week there, I guess? So it's the following week.
  • edited May 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    They release on a different day of the week there, I guess? So it's the following week.

We update ONE DAY after the US, yet we get it the week after! Sony Europe are just dicks.
  • edited May 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    The hat was causing a lot of problems with his face because of how the geometry worked out so it never made it into the game. I missed it for a while, but am used to it now. Long six days ahead I imagine...
    I'd rather you also got rid of those pants, they look... bad (IMO).
  • edited May 2010
    But but... he has spats now!
  • edited May 2010
    Don't you dare lose Max's pants! They rock!
  • edited May 2010
    I still wonder if their ancestors are called the same way. If they do, are they gonna call themselves Sam & Max? Or "Samuel" & "Maximillian/ Maxwell"?

Also, now that Old Max has pants, seems there's no longer a special place where he keeps his weapons.
  • MRNMRN
    edited May 2010
    Wapcaplet wrote: »
    The blog was updated with news that the PS3 release will be on the 18th after all.

The European PS3 release will be on the 26th.

At first I was :) bt then I was :( and then :mad:
  • edited May 2010
    I still wonder if their ancestors are called the same way. If they do, are they gonna call themselves Sam & Max? Or "Samuel" & "Maximillian/ Maxwell"?

Maximus?
  • edited May 2010
    Maxamino?
  • edited May 2010
    So, how many full forms of Max are there? Here are the ones I know:

French: Maxime, Maximilien, Maxence
    English: Maximilian, Maxwell

... And that's it for the male ones. And people have mentioned Maximus, which I guess is Latin.
  • edited May 2010
    Wwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • MRNMRN
    edited May 2010
    How come I can't find a single email adress on the official Playstation Network site?? :mad:
  • edited May 2010
    I always believed Papa Maximus was Max's Grandfather, and this is his Great-Grandfather. Well, I hope they had names of their own. Really.
  • edited May 2010
    YES!!! I can't wait to play this. I was wondering if some sort of ancestor possesion (sp?) was involved. I can't wait to see what will happen next to Sam, Max and their ancestors and what the elves have to do with to do with this plot. Will we finally find out why the %*# Poppers sent that one Elf to Hell? How will messing with the past affect Sam & Max's present? There are just so many questions that this brings up, I can't wait to answer them. :D
  • edited May 2010
    Harukuro wrote: »
    possesion (sp?)

Possession.
    Incidentally, Z sounding double Ss are pretty hard for me to wrap my mind around. (Possession, Scissors...).
    In French, you'll only have a double S to prevent the sound from being "Z" (an S between two vowels is pronounced like a Z). So when I see these words I'm always wondering, what's the extra S for, then?

Pronunciation rules always change a lot from a language to the next, but for some reason that's one big thing that I always have trouble with. I never have any problem with a single S that's still pronounced S even between two vowels - I just tell myself the rule is different in that language (in Spanish for instance). But with English there just isn't any rule and that drives me insane. How am I supposed to know how to pronounce the words if I don't have rules to follow? >_<
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Possession.
    Incidentally, Z sounding double Ss are pretty hard for me to wrap my mind around. (Possession, Scissors...).
    In French, you'll only have a double S to prevent the sound from being "Z" (an S between two vowels is pronounced like a Z). So when I see these words I'm always wondering, what's the extra S for, then?

Pronunciation rules always change a lot from a language to the next, but for some reason that's one big thing that I always have trouble with. I never have any problem with a single S that's still pronounced S even between two vowels - I just tell myself the rule is different in that language (in Spanish for instance). But with English there just isn't any rule and that drives me insane. How am I supposed to know how to pronounce the words if I don't have rules to follow? >_<

"Awesome"?

That's the only reason why I hate this word
  • edited May 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    "Awesome"?

That's the only reason why I hate this word

I don't have a problem with that one. It's "awe" + "some". Straightforward for me. What are you having a problem with?
  • edited May 2010
    I don't have a problem with that one. It's "awe" + "some". Straightforward for me. What are you having a problem with?

I never though you can separate it in that way. I was thinking it in the spanish way: a-we-so-me. And the "e" in Spanish aren't silent.
  • edited May 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I never though you can separate it in that way. I was thinking it in the spanish way: a-we-so-me. And the "e" in Spanish aren't silent.

Ah, of course. Yeah, it helps knowing how to "separate" the words. There is a bunch of words in English that ends in "-some" and they basically mean "causes some X". Like, "troublesome" = "causes some trouble", "worrisome" = "causes some worry" (Is turn into Ys in the end of words, so there the Y turns back into an I. Kinda like beauty => beautiful).
    Here "Awesome" = "causes some awe". Awe means admiration.
  • edited May 2010
    Ah, of course. Yeah, it helps knowing how to "separate" the words. There is a bunch of words in English that ends in "-some" and they basically mean "causes some X". Like, "troublesome" = "causes some trouble", "worrisome" = "causes some worry" (Is turn into Ys in the end of words, so there the Y turns back into an I. Kinda like beauty => beautiful).
    Here "Awesome" = "causes some awe". Awe means admiration.

I never had any troubles with troublesome and worrisome, ironically. But I totally forgot the word Awe. Well...

the_more_you_know2.jpg

Keep it on topic (Or at least trying): Again, please god they have their own names. While I'm not complaining if they are called with other full form of Sam and Max. Just don't be Samuel and Maximilian. While... it's somewhat common in some families to name the kid the same way of the father, like my dad it's called the same way as my grandfather, and my grandfather is called the same way as my great-grandfather....

Ok, I'm not complaining at all...
  • edited May 2010
    B-but I like Samuel and Maximilian for names! :C
  • edited May 2010
    I like them too. It's just I want to keep those names for present Sam and Max only...

It's not like I'm expecting that to happen...
  • edited May 2010
    Damn, I won't be at home on 18th, why Telltale, why?!
  • edited May 2010

Considering you're in the UK, it might come out on the 19th your time, anyways.
  • edited May 2010

Here in Europe the games usually come out around 9PM, sometimes even earlier.
  • edited May 2010

Remember, they release the games when everybody in the office IS in the office. Which pretty much means the 18th after 12:00 in Telltale Office. For me is new game at the end of the day. For you probably will mean the 19th in the morning or something like that.
  • edited May 2010
    Jake
    Any word on the iPad release? I loved playing The Penal Zone on the plane, in front of the tv, in bed, etc.
  • edited May 2010
    Any chance we could get a trailer showing off some game footage?
  • joeldeejoeldee Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Hi all

Ep 2 iPad won't be releasing in the same time window as the other platforms.

There's not a set date locked in at this point.

- Joel, Telltale
  • edited May 2010
    They released 301 at 9PM here. That would be 8PM for the English folks. Guess that would be about the time for 302 too.
    tredlow wrote: »
    Don't you dare lose Max's pants! They rock!
    Maybe they should add in a Max striptease. Then if you like him fully clothed you don't do it, but if you rather have him loose his pants (or... more!), watch the show!
  • edited May 2010
    joeldee wrote: »
    Hi all

Ep 2 iPad won't be releasing in the same time window as the other platforms.

There's not a set date locked in at this point.

- Joel, Telltale
    Heh. First we had all the complaints about the early Episode 1 release for iPad... guess we'll now be hearing complaints from the iPadders that everyone else gets Episode 2 first!
  • edited May 2010

Steam version. Will be released at the same time I think.
  • I am so looking forward to this game!

Long live Telltale....
  • edited May 2010
    Where is the film poster?
  • edited May 2010
    I didn't see this thread when I posted that other thing. Oops.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    No worries. Happens all the time. We try to merge duped threads together when appropriate.
  • edited May 2010
    Wow only four days left! This is the easiest wait for a release date of Telltale, ever.
  • edited May 2010
    Possession.

Thanks Avistew. I knew one day my half decent internet spelling would eventually be called out. And I agree, remembering all the 'rules' that surround languages can be a pain in the butt. That's just the way things are I guess.

Thanks again and sorry if I wasted your time on something silly like spelling. :o
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks Avistew. I knew one day my half decent internet spelling would eventually be called out. And I agree, remembering all the 'rules' that surround languages can be a pain in the butt. That's just the way things are I guess.

Thanks again and sorry if I wasted your time on something silly like spelling. :o

Don't worry. You help me out ^^!
  • edited May 2010

No problem :) I always like when people put "(sp?)" or "(spelling?)" or "(is that how you spell it?)" in their posts because then I can correct them without sounding like an annoying spelling nazi :D
    I mean, if you ask for it... I'm just being helpful, really :p
This discussion has been closed.