The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited July 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Australians call cotton candy "fairy floss". I've had a few wtf looks from people in the UK for that. :p

That sounds so...adorable.
  • edited July 2010
    Some one should look up the definition of boring in the dictionary...
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    Some one should look up the definition of boring in the dictionary...

Ooh, I will!
    oring is the process of enlarging a hole that has already been drilled (or cast), by means of a single-point cutting tool (or of a boring head containing several such tools), for example as in boring a cannon barrel.
  • edited July 2010
    I love Kevin Smith's films. Just watched Clerks & Clerks 2 back to back tonight, good times - especially Clerks. I keep forgetting how much I love that film until I watch it again. Hell, it's gotten even more relevant to me over the years. Although, as much as I love Clerks Chasing Amy is my favourite film he has made.
  • edited July 2010
    Ooh, I will!

You are awesome.
  • edited July 2010
    So, I'm going to go to Six Flags Great America tomorrow. My favorite ride there is the Raging Bull. Check it out.
  • edited July 2010
    Chavez sometimes make me laugh
  • edited July 2010
    I need input. If I were to sing a Queen song in my schools Variety show, What should it be?(any suggestions for Bohemian Rhapsody will be ignored)
  • edited July 2010
    Australians call cotton candy "fairy floss". I've had a few wtf looks from people in the UK for that. :p
    im not a big fan of fairy floss :p makes me feel sick, plus i always end up with a red sticky residue around my mouth
    edited July 2010
    You are awesome.

*sniff* :o
    Remolay wrote: »
    I need input. If I were to sing a Queen song in my schools Variety show, What should it be?(any suggestions for Bohemian Rhapsody will be ignored)

"Don't Stop Me Now"! Fantastic energy.

I always liked that song, but really fell in love with it after it was used in Blackpool. The series was a crazy mix of cheesy pop musical and serious murder mystery - sounds odd, but it works incredibly well. "Don't Stop Me Now" was used in this scene where Ripley, the arcade owner in the white jacket, has just rejected some good advice from his accountant. Beautifully quirky.
  • edited July 2010
    I don't care what anyone says, I love anchovies on pizza. Shame that I let my family keep me from enjoying them for the last decade.
  • edited July 2010
    I don't care what anyone says, I love anchovies on pizza. Shame that I let my family keep me from enjoying them for the last decade.

As do I! You're not alone, they taste great on pizza, it gives them that extra saltiness that's often needed.
  • edited July 2010
    victoria_beckham_01.jpg

:cool::p:winslow:
  • edited July 2010
    wtf_women_20.jpg

wtf_women_23.jpg

wtf_women_02.jpg

wtf_women_29.jpg

wtf_women_38.jpg

wtf_women_39.jpg
    wtf_women_54.jpg

http://acidcow.com/pics/5910-wtf-women-80-pics.html

Anyways I thought these were awesome
  • edited July 2010
    ...Sometimes I have a hard time telling if doodo is trying to troll or if he's just really weird in the head. At this point, I'd say both are equally likely.
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah, at times Doodo can post some very intelligent stuff that he's obviously thought deeply about. And at other times... he just... posts... very random stuff.
  • edited July 2010
    "Don't Stop Me Now"! Fantastic energy.

I am a highschool student. That song is incredibly dirty and I wouldn't be allowed to.

I already decided on the slightly Queen related "Living On My Own" By Freddie Mercury.
    edited July 2010
    I am a highschool student. That song is incredibly dirty and I wouldn't be allowed to.

Ooh sorry, didn't mean to be overly suggestive. Although maybe that's why I like the song so much. :p

Good luck for the thing!
  • edited July 2010
    It's raining. For reals. It's like, buckets of water, not drops!
  • edited July 2010
    A look into my mind: Look at GinnyN's post saying It's like buckets of water.
    I Imagine buckets full of water falling from the sky.

That is all
  • edited July 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Yeah, at times Doodo can post some very intelligent stuff that he's obviously thought deeply about. And at other times... he just... posts... very random stuff.

To be fair, the stuff he's deeply thought about can be pretty random too.
  • edited July 2010
    turducken flavored chex mix.
  • edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »

Do you find that sort of weather exciting, or terrifying, or are you just bored of experiencing things like that? I think I'd find it exciting (assuming I and everyone else was in no real danger).
  • edited July 2010
    It's just the freaking thing just cut the Electricity in my Deparment and now I'm stuck in one of the Study Rooms in my University with Crappy Internet and a lot of guys talking about Physics Theories. And I'm studing Chinese!
  • edited July 2010
    I can understand the frustration that must bring.
  • edited July 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    To be fair, the stuff he's deeply thought about can be pretty random too.

I was going to say the same thing.
  • edited July 2010

IKOAFS is read by highschool students. I can't find an excerpt (and I don't even have the book anymore, it was the library's) but I am sure that that contains so many swears and sexual content. Not saying you shouldn't ignore using that song, just as a heads up.
  • edited July 2010
    Good day sir!
  • edited July 2010
    I got a job, started to build some muscle, got bigger biceps and now all the sudden he's out buying a boat, truck,doing 300 reps a day, 100 reps with something else. He's so full of himself that he says he's better than every one else and when ever any one makes a gain in the world he has to go and try to out do whatever has been done.

He puts me down in front of others in my family, he believes in guy rules, he says things like treat ugly chicks like **** because they'll let you do anything to them...

He hates to lose, he'll throw a fit and throw insults at you for it. ]

He orders his girlfriend around, he's a racist, he puts other people down. He commands and tells his girlfriend what they are doing and when they do it...

Am I wrong to see flaws in all of this and be annoyed? If he didn't have so many fronts and wasn't such a diluted person (In my eyes), I wouldn't mind it.
  • edited July 2010
    Who's "he"?
  • edited July 2010
    Who's "he"?

My brother. Who I have to love regardless of his flaws. I hate living with this bunch some times, all so very "human". :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2010
    I'm mildly annoyed and I haven't even met the guy, so I'd say, no, you're not the only one annoyed. But brothers are supposed to be annoying, I think they get some sort of rulebook when they're born or something.
  • edited July 2010
    My big brother isn't annoying at all. He's one of the best people I know. I guess I'm quite lucky, as everyone else I know with a sibling has always said how much they dislike their brother/sister.
  • edited July 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    My big brother isn't annoying at all. He's one of the best people I know. I guess I'm quite lucky, as everyone else I know with a sibling has always said how much they dislike their brother/sister.

It always boggles my mind when people are all "I'm going to have a second child so the first one has someone to play with". Siblings are basically roommates you're forced to spend all your childhood with and there is no reason why you'd get along with them better than any other person you're randomly forced to live with.
    Sure you might end up being best friends, but you might hate each other's guts too.
    I have 3 brothers and I'm kind of in contact with one of them (as in, we exchanged an email around Christmas), and that's in big part because he stuck to himself when I was a kid and then left home, so I've spent less time with him. For the rest, you know, haven't talked to the others in years, and I've never seen them without my parents around.
    Like, I saw them when eating over at my parents' place, but grabbing lunch with one of them would seem extremely weird to me. I don't have anything in common with these people. They're not my friends.

It's funny, because from time to time an only child tells me "I wish I had a sibling to do this or that with" and I'm like "yeah, me too", and they don't seem to realise the siblings you wish you had are ever the ones you would have ended up with.
    I think it's like classmates. You'll meet some you'll love. And well, even these will grate on your nerves at times because you can't stay away from each other when you need to. You'll meet some you'll hate, really hate. And then there will be a bunch you're pretty much indifferent to, and when you change schools you don't really keep in contact or anything because, why would you? That's pretty much the way it was for me.
  • edited July 2010
    Well, I've always been sort of friends with my brother, but more in a "let's see who can annoy the other more" type of way. :p
  • edited July 2010
    It always boggles my mind when people are all "I'm going to have a second child so the first one has someone to play with". Siblings are basically roommates you're forced to spend all your childhood with and there is no reason why you'd get along with them better than any other person you're randomly forced to live with.

This is all quite true. I suppose it helped that we had separate bedrooms. It made sure we had our own space when we needed to get away from things. I probably would have been driven out of my mind if I had to share a room with him the whole time.
    Well, I've always been sort of friends with my brother, but more in a "let's see who can annoy the other more" type of way. :p

Instead of annoying each other, my brother and I usually shared secrets and jokes. Jokes that no-one would get unless they were us. Makes our friendship more special, I think.
    edited July 2010
    It kind of makes me sad when I hear about people who don't get on with their siblings, because the relationship I have with my brothers is awesome. I love all three of them so much, I can't imagine life without them. Wouldn't trade them for anything.

I'm sorry that some people don't get to experience that special bond - it's really quite unique. My bros and I have a whole kind of language shorthand taken from shared experiences that most other people probably wouldn't get.

Every time I think about my brothers, I feel incredibly lucky. :)
  • edited July 2010
    My sister supposedly still lives here, but she's never around and almost never sleeps here and doesn't really contribute anything. When she is here, she's very bossy, and I can't get her to do anything with me (like play the other Monkey Island games with me, even though she was a huge fan of Curse). I try, but...well, she's kind of a bitch.
  • edited July 2010
    Don't worry, puzzlebox, I have close friends with a similar relationship (jokes only we can get, years of shared experiences, certitude we'll always be here for each other even if somehow we're not in contact for a while...). While I realise it can't be the exact same thing, I certainly don't feel a "gap" or like I'm missing anything.
    In a way, I guess they are my family more. I think it's a good thing that I chose them and worked on getting that close rather than have it "just happen", if I'm making sense. It makes it feel more special to me.
    I guess I just like the idea of being able to break up the relationship at any time, yet not doing it... That's kind of like I've always felt that being a couple for all of your life without getting married is "worth more". Because if you're married, you might be staying because getting a divorce is long and complicated, or because of a potential stigma over divorced people. If you're not married, you're staying together because you want to.

It must sound weird coming from someone who is married :p
This discussion has been closed.