The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Yes, I would say so. He sounds like a particularly immature one. He's probably 11 years old or something.
  • edited July 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Yes, I would say so. He sounds like a particularly immature one. He's probably 11 years old or something.

OK, but I was asking if 1.he's a troll, or 2.just offensive, or 3.both.
  • edited July 2010
    You didn't like the songs? I personally loved them, it was some complex music that was really right up my alley. But, to tell you the truth, when I first heard the leaks, I didn't like what I heard, but as I listened to them more and more I began to really enjoy them and eventually love them as much as GN'R's older tunes. I think the songs really need to be listened to with an open mind, and they require multiple listens in order to be properly appreciated.

I think I've listened to Shackler's Revenge enough times that I can confidently say that the song blows and nothing will ever convince me otherwise. I don't expect my feelings about the rest of the album to fare much better. But if you like it, good for you and I respect your opinion.
  • edited July 2010
    'Chinese Democracy' was released two years ago :D...

But, in all seriousness, which artist and album are you referring to? Or do you just mean studio albums in general?

Well, I used to like Avril Lavigne, before her 3rd CD which only has a few good songs on it if any. I was referring to Aqua though, both have new studio albums coming out.
  • edited July 2010
    My sister says that she doesn't get sensations during dreams. Which sort of freaked me out. I've seen the paranormal before in my life. I went to sleep today, after eating cheese mind you and I saw a dark shadow in the corner of my room, it started turning red and fiery, I hid under my covers but the fire came towards me and consumed me and I was struggling in the flames and I felt warm and enclosed, I felt a hold on me. These things some times happen to me when my brain is in some sort of theta like mediation where I'm half awake, a sleep.

I wouldn't even be surprised if I was awake during this. I was lying in bed during the dream, and it was day time, as it was when i went to sleep. While in the flames I heard voices without a voice, I just felt with sensation that I had wronged myself/ others. I felt that being lustful and dirty minded and disrespectful of certain women/ women was wrong.

I could barely talk, move, I was in some sort of paralysis again and I managed to reach out beyond the flames to try to reach into the awake world. I know that sounds odd but I was trying to reach through to the other side. I felt myself as if I was trapped, falling into these flames and I kept asking for forgiveness and saying I was sorry.

Later this night my sister was awake and I awoke to the sound of a blow horn out side. I know that sounds crazy but it was some sort of blow horn sound. It wasn't a car horn, or siren, it was some sort of blow horn.

I'm not that bad of a person, I don't know why this happened to me. It was scary. I talked to my sister for a bit down stairs and I get a cold sensation close to and all over my body and she feels around me and feels no cold air.

When I woke up I was out of the flames.
    I don't generally concern myself with this, I don't go around thinking about this all the time.
  • edited July 2010
    Today I were tagging the sound files produced by the Telltale Music Extractor. Do you know how many times I wrote "Jared Emerson-Johnson" today? I lost count!
  • edited July 2010
    Can someone tell me if the person I'm about to describe is trolling, or just being offensive(or both)?

I just dealt with someone on ModNation Racers. This person was acting pro-Nazi, and called me(and mostly me, because I was the only one to speak up against him), and everyone else in the ModSpot(hub) very bad words(using spaces and stuff to make them show up on chat), and was using a Hitler mod and a Nazi kart.When I asked If anyone else was offended by this guy, he said "is anyone else a ******** like RingJ5". I soon left, not before he got another person in the ModSpot to say "**** off" to me. Finally, right before I left, he called what he was doing trolling. Is it?

Actually, this behavior is against the license agreement he had to sign, so it can get his accound suspended.

However, you could have just reported him.
  • edited July 2010
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Actually, this behavior is against the license agreement he had to sign, so it can get his accound suspended.

However, you could have just reported him.

I forgot to mention that. I reported him in more ways than one:
    1.Hitler mod.
    2.Nazi kart.
    3.Inappropriate language.
    4.Pro-Nazi attitude.
  • edited July 2010
    He's not being pro nazi. He's just being a kid. Doing kidish things.
  • edited July 2010
    I forgot to mention that. I reported him in more ways than one:
    1.Hitler mod.
    2.Nazi kart.
    3.Inappropriate language.
    4.Pro-Nazi attitude.

Of the four points, only point 3 seems mostly valid, although points 1, 2 and 4 are also valid reasons to ban him, seeing as it's also something that is part of the user agreement, with all that no offensive stuff thing.
  • edited July 2010
    At the moment I'm considering weather I have testicular cancer or if I'm just sitting the wrong way.
  • edited July 2010
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Of the four points, only point 3 seems mostly valid, although points 1, 2 and 4 are also valid reasons to ban him, seeing as it's also something that is part of the user agreement, with all that no offensive stuff thing.

As much as I hate nazis and all that, I don't think we have the valid enough reason to ban a person based solely at the fact that he's a nazi, as long as he or she is respectful about it. (which isn't typical, but still)
  • edited July 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    As much as I hate nazis and all that, I don't think we have the valid enough reason to ban a person based solely at the fact that he's a nazi, as long as he or she is respectful about it. (which isn't typical, but still)

He was not respectful at all. He said "let's go kill Uden" which he said means Jews in German.
  • edited July 2010
    That's my point, ban him for being disrespectful, don't ban him because he's a nazi.
  • edited July 2010
    That's my point, ban him for being disrespectful, don't ban him because he's a nazi.

Oh. I wouldn't ban him if he was just saying he was a Nazi, but he was saying anti-jew stuff and trying to turn other players to his "cause".
  • edited July 2010
    According to the ultimate information source, wikipedia, Uden is a town in Netherlands.
  • edited July 2010
    Today I saw two horses grooming each other. It was adorable. I had no idea horses did that, I'm only used to seeing cats do it.
  • edited July 2010
    I had to bike over to the book drop today, and boy is my brother slow. I was going at my normal speed all the time, and he was about 100 feet behind me. He told me to slow down, but I didn't want to because it was very hot out and I wanted to be done with it sooner.
  • edited July 2010
    Tell that to the user agreement. Hitler is one of the banned things throughout most online gaming services.

But so are many less offensive stuff. Like being gay / lesbian.
  • edited July 2010
    Replaying the day over and over in my head wondering if I'd change anything...I hate having days like these where you second guess yourself.
  • edited July 2010
    According to the ultimate information source, wikipedia, Uden is a town in Netherlands.
    Well, someone must've dropped a J here - try Juden...

np: Pawel - Panamerican (Pawel)
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010

Did somebody say Udon?

PA210103.JPG

I sure am hungry for noodles right now.
  • edited July 2010
    Leak wrote: »
    Well, someone must've dropped a J here - try Juden...

np: Pawel - Panamerican (Pawel)

That makes much more sense. I was confused why a nazi person would post about their hatred of a small Netherlands town.

@puzzlebox: Great. Now I want some noodles too.
  • edited July 2010
    doodo! wrote: »

I like how one of the answers is "BJ's are us" (BJ'SRUS) :p
  • edited July 2010
    I just bought Mr.Bean, the entire series on DVD.
  • edited July 2010
    I was confused why a nazi person would post about their hatred of a small Netherlands town.
    I don't think Nazis need any reason for hating anything... that's not how they work... :(

Also, I just bought Season 4 of Buffy to make sure I don't run out of episodes to watch...

np: Benga - 3 Minutes (Diary Of An Afro Warrior)
  • edited July 2010
    Buffy is a comedy too, it just wasn't meant to be.
  • edited July 2010
    Buffy is a comedy too, it just wasn't meant to be.
    On the contrary - I can't for the life of me stand monster/vampire/horror/etc. shows that take themselves seriously. Thank dog True Blood doesn't do that...

np: Sole And The Skyrider Band - Battlefields (ft. Markus Acher) (Plastique)
  • edited July 2010
    Leak wrote: »
    On the contrary - I can't for the life of me stand monster/vampire/horror/etc. shows that take themselves seriously. Thank dog True Blood doesn't do that...

np: Sole And The Skyrider Band - Battlefields (ft. Markus Acher) (Plastique)

Meh, it's been a while since I've seen it. When I did watch it it was because Buffy is hot.
  • edited July 2010
    I quite enjoyed Buffy when I was watching it but I probably won't re-watch it for a while, at least in its entirety. There's just too much of it and too many enh episodes (though I did enjoy how the show started poking fun at itself after season one). The last season, however, was all epic and hilarious.
  • edited July 2010
    I just bought Mr.Bean, the entire series on DVD.

That's awesome. I picked it up a few years ago, around the time that reruns stopped showing up so often. My favorite episode was always the New Year's one. I always love watching Bean trying to drive from on top of his car.
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Did somebody say Udon?

I sure am hungry for noodles right now.

Dammit, I was already craving noodles before you posted this picture. And I'm not likely to get them any time soon either. I hope you're happy.
  • edited July 2010
    That's awesome. I picked it up a few years ago, around the time that reruns stopped showing up so often. My favorite episode was always the New Year's one. I always love watching Bean trying to drive from on top of his car.

Dammit, I was already craving noodles before you posted this picture. And I'm not likely to get them any time soon either. I hope you're happy.

LOL, did you see the one where he goes to the dentist and dresses while he drives? Classic. I haven't watched them yet, been years since I've seen them. They're not here yet. But I saw that episode lately. Good stuff.
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah, I love that one too. And then watching him drill his own teeth when he gets there, after knocking out the dentist. How about when he puts on his Speedo before taking off his pants?
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah, I love that one too. And then watching him drill his own teeth when he gets there, after knocking out the dentist. How about when he puts on his Speedo before taking off his pants?

That sounds awesome! Speedo before taking off his pants! :p

Brilliant comedy and comedian!
  • edited July 2010
    I rike my Chinese food cooked right,
    and they're not giving me the good rice,
    and the [guy] who gives me my food rooks rike a resbian.
    I don't rike how my beef pork rooks rike,
    and the rast time I ate your food I,
    got the rice-chicken-beef-tofu now I poop whire I'm peein'.
  • edited July 2010
    Snicklin wrote: »
    I rike my Chinese food cooked right,
    and they're not giving me the good rice,
    and the [guy] who gives me my food rooks rike a resbian.
    I don't rike how my beef pork rooks rike,
    and the rast time I ate your food I,
    got the rice-chicken-beef-tofu now I poop whire I'm peein'.

What..the hell.

In unrelated news (which is the only news in this thread), I'm going to make myself some ramen.
  • edited July 2010
    I want rice now.
  • edited July 2010
    Yesterday I was playing Team Fortress 2, then a friend come up and I was all happy because I weren't dying.

Me: I'm not dying, I'm not dying!
    Friend: That's good!
    Me: And I'm an Engieneer!
    Friend: I know, I know (Pats in my back)
    Me: No, I mean in the game
    Friend: Ahhhhh
This discussion has been closed.