The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Oh, god, it does! I'll never be able to listen to that song the same way again.

The link to the Challenge is in my sig, but you've already broken Rule 1.

Ah poop. If I knew that I would have
    goosed a duck and worn a pair of Frenchman's underpants on my head while twirling a Swiss skirt, dancing the polka, and singing Lydia the Tattooed Lady.

Better?
  • edited October 2010
    Ah poop. If I knew that I would have
    goosed a duck and worn a pair of Frenchman's underpants on my head while twirling a Swiss skirt, dancing the polka, and singing Lydia the Tattooed Lady.
    Please edit your post to the above example or something similar.

Yep.(In the sense that there is no harm for anyone that reads that spoiler.)
  • edited October 2010
    .(In the sense that there is no harm for anyone that reads that spoiler.)

I don't know, man. Mental images can sure be harmful...
  • edited October 2010
    That shoud NOT happen. Something else must be wrong, because I've played it, and watched another forum member play it over Livestream, with no problems.

The game also seems to be screwing with my gamepad software. It seems that no matter what button I use for jump, it'll work fine for a while and then suddenly my gamepad will refuse to send that keystroke, no matter what button I assign it to. And this only happens with jump.

And maybe you were right earlier, maybe this should've had its own thread a long time ago.
  • edited October 2010
    Read a kotaku article about the kinect needing 6 feet of space for it to work for individuals and 8 feet for multiplayer. The fact of the matter is that all too many people don't have that kind of space in their living rooms, and I'm reading the comments about how all these people are all like: WHY DONT YOU JUST MOVE YOUR COUCH BACK GEEZ.

idk, maybe because there's a wall there.
  • edited October 2010
    The game also seems to be screwing with my gamepad software. It seems that no matter what button I use for jump, it'll work fine for a while and then suddenly my gamepad will refuse to send that keystroke, no matter what button I assign it to. And this only happens with jump.

And maybe you were right earlier, maybe this should've had its own thread a long time ago.

I had a problem kind of like that before. My arrow keys would not work(in-game) after my first playthrough was completed. The only thing I could think to do is redownload the game, maybe from the original site, and not a Mediafire mirror: http://zara.verge-rpg.com/eversion173.zip.

EDIT: Seperate thread made.
  • edited October 2010
    See, I sort of had that thought, but I tried opening Notepad and pressing the buttons, and it still wasn't registering. I could use the gamepad to type X and P just fine, and the arrow keys worked (until I used "up" to jump too much and that stopped working), but I couldn't type Z. The keyboard worked just fine, though.
  • edited October 2010
    im glowingly happy right now

you guys have no idea
  • edited October 2010
    you're right, and we will continue to have no idea untill you decide to tell us.

Which I wont push you on.

at all.

I decided to start reading 8-bit theatre again, I'm still in 2004, dang.
  • edited October 2010
    I wants me a barrel of floss! I wants me two balls of glue to be my friends! And I wants to do dancing naked! And a chair made of cheese! And a table made of cheese!
  • edited October 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    Read a kotaku article about the kinect needing 6 feet of space for it to work for individuals and 8 feet for multiplayer. The fact of the matter is that all too many people don't have that kind of space in their living rooms, and I'm reading the comments about how all these people are all like: WHY DONT YOU JUST MOVE YOUR COUCH BACK GEEZ.

idk, maybe because there's a wall there.

There's a simple solution to all of this...

xbox-360-controller-recovers-stolen-console.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    you're right, and we will continue to have no idea untill you decide to tell us.

Which I wont push you on.

at all.

Finally got employed.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    Finally got employed.

Congratulations! Woo Tope :D

When do you start?
  • edited October 2010
    I've applied for a games testing job with Codemasters today. It'll mean moving if I get it mind.
  • edited October 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Congratulations! Woo Tope :D

When do you start?

Not quite sure. It all depends.
  • edited October 2010
    Everybody is getting a job, I have one. Tope has one. Congratz Tope!
  • edited October 2010
    Found out I don't have all the postgrad orientation stuff at York 'til tomorrow, so I'm going to head over to the Jorvik Viking Museum after I finish my coffee.
  • edited October 2010
    'Left 4 Dead 2' should have been called 'Left 2 Die'.

...and the title 'Left 4 Dead' should have been saved for the fourth game in the series.
  • edited October 2010
    Jorvik viking museum = awesome. They managed to mix a serious (and excellent) museum collection with a kitschy Pirates of the Caribbean-esque ride (but with vikings).
  • edited October 2010
    Hawkman.
  • edited October 2010
    :D:D:DVerizon iPhone truly announced!:D:D:D
  • edited October 2010
    I found Cellphone Straps! YAY!
  • edited October 2010
    i finally am a member of steam (i have only bought vvvvvv)
  • edited October 2010
    :D:D:DVerizon iPhone truly announced!:D:D:D

I'm happy for you Americans, you've been waiting so long for it!:D
  • edited October 2010
    True Story: Some idiot in Seattle is trying to raise 10 million dollars for Weezer to break up.

WHAT. A MORONIC. ASS HAT.
  • edited October 2010
    Damn, where can I donate to the cause?

Okay, seriously, I find that Weezer's one of those bands where I either love or hate all their music, with no gray area, and while I do feel that they produce far more suck than awesome, I don't think it's bad enough that they should break up.

Now, Paramore. There's a band worth raising money to break up.
  • edited October 2010
    Okay, seriously, I find that Weezer's one of those bands where I either love or hate all their music, with no gray area, and I do feel that they produce far more awesome than suck, I don't think it's bad enough that they should break up.

Now, Nickelback. There's a band worth raising money to break up.

Fixed it for you.
  • edited October 2010
    Damn, where can I donate to the cause?

Okay, seriously, I find that Weezer's one of those bands where I either love or hate all their music, with no gray area, and while I do feel that they produce far more suck than awesome, I don't think it's bad enough that they should break up.

Now, Justin Beiber. There's a guy worth raising money to... silence.

Fix'd even more.
  • edited October 2010
    All good choices. Also, Ke$ha.
  • edited October 2010
    I like Nickelback
  • edited October 2010
    I like Nickelback

Expect a crapstorm.
  • edited October 2010
    As usual, I don't know any of these names.
  • edited October 2010
    Now, Nickelback. There's a band worth raising money to break up.
    Fixed it for you.
    I like Nickelback

I also like Nickelback, they cop way too much crap than is deserved. Most people just judge the band off of the soppy, slow singles (which even I don't like). The thing is, their best music isn't released as singles, it's only found on the album - their grittier, heavier stuff which is actually good.

'Burn It to the Ground' is an exception. It's actually a single and a good song - a rarity for the band.
  • edited October 2010
    are the bone games good
  • edited October 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    are the bone games good

Pretty Good.
  • edited October 2010
    Pretty Good.

i am asking because i got a gift card and i am wondering if i should get the wallace and grommit upgrade or the bone games
  • edited October 2010
    happy harry hill is back on saturday
  • edited October 2010
    Trying to get back in the groove of posting here
  • edited October 2010
    Trying to get back in the groove of posting here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWJE738pYBk&NR=1
This discussion has been closed.