The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited October 2010
    One more thing: Don't play this game if you are under 13.

Warnings like this always make me nervous. But now I'm curious. Gah! Now I'll have to play it, just to see what the fuss is about!
  • edited October 2010
    Warnings like this always make me nervous. But now I'm curious. Gah! Now I'll have to play it, just to see what the fuss is about!

Don't forget to document it. Also, a bit more info added to the post.
  • edited October 2010

No need to be nervous. I would love to see it too. And the playtime might be longer than 1 hour depending on how fast you get past certain obstacles.
  • edited October 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    No need to be nervous. I would love to see it too. And the playtime might be longer than 1 hour depending on how fast you get past certain obstacles.

Oh, right. Original post updated.
  • edited October 2010
    I have recently played a small freeware game called Eversion. It was an interesting journey. Now, I would like, if possible, to see other's reactions to it. If anyone wants to, please play through the game (it's only about an hour long) and have some way of documenting it, whether it would be notes, a Youtube video and voiceover, or a Livestream with chat. No one has to do this, but the game is quite... interesting. Two rules:

1.You must NOT know anything about the game before playing.
    2.You, as previously stated, must have some way of documenting your reaction to the game as you go along.

One more thing: Don't play this game if you are under 13/have a nervous disposition.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?kv2oynammzv (It's safe, trust me.)

(Also, should this be moved to it's own thread?)
    I started to document my playthrough, but I reached a point around level 6 where I saw what they were trying to do, and it was falling flat. I wasn't about to push through the frustrating parts to see if it'd get better (I don't like platformers), so I watched the rest on YouTube, and I was right.

There was a Mario World creepypasta floating around on 4chan's /x/ board awhile back that was really close in concept to Eversion, and I think that killed it for me. Still, it's a nice little game for what it is. It's just more "Monster Party" than "Silent Hill".
  • edited October 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »

Maybe I'll save it for the weekend, then.
  • edited October 2010
    My cat won't get off my desk. I normally would like him up here, but every few seconds he walks across the keyboard.

Careful, he could turn you into a Freakazoid.
  • edited October 2010
    Careful, he could turn you into a Freakazoid.

Post win for the week.
  • edited October 2010
    Thinking about starting a blog about my experiences here in York. Good idea or no? I'm waffling.

Also, tired of my feet aching every day from so much walking.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Today is the funeral of my granma. She died yesterday in the morning.

So sorry to hear that, Ginny... my grandmother died in February this year, and I still cry at certain times. Hope you have lots of loving family around you.
    mgrant wrote: »
    Thinking about starting a blog about my experiences here in York. Good idea or no? I'm waffling.

I don't see why it isn't a good idea! Worst that can happen is no one reads it and you get some writing experience, right?
  • edited October 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    my grandmother died in February this year

Are we related by any chance? o__O
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Are we related by any chance? o__O

I guess a lot of people die every month. :)

But sorry for your loss, too - you already know that I know how it is.
  • edited October 2010
    One more thing: Don't play this game if you are under 13/have a nervous disposition.

why should people under 13 not play it
  • edited October 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    why should people under 13 not play it

I can't say that. It would ruin it. Just, don't.
  • edited October 2010
    I can't say that. It would ruin it. Just, don't.

Is it bloody, cussy, disturbing, etc. stuff that woad make it the teen 13 recommendation? I need to know so i am not curious and play it.
  • edited October 2010
    Well, people under 13 do have a tendency to ruin things. No offence anyone, but they do.
  • edited October 2010
    Is it bloody, cussy, disturbing, etc. stuff that woad make it the teen 13 recommendation? I need to know so i am not curious and play it.

I will PM you what it is if you PROMISE not to post what I say in this thread. Do you promise not to say?
  • edited October 2010
    i am not that stupid, and you do not have to pm me
  • edited October 2010
    i am not that stupid, and you do not have to pm me

Yes, I would, because I don't want anybody else seeing what gives the game that rating.
  • edited October 2010
    Yes, I would, because I don't want anybody else seeing what gives the game that rating.

I would not say because i would forget because of me getting steam on Thursday.
  • edited October 2010
    He means he doesn't want to post it under spoiler tags because he doesn't want other people to look at what he says, so he's PMing you.
  • edited October 2010

No, if I post it here, everyone else could see it. If I PM you, only you would see it.
  • edited October 2010
    Why wait until Thursday to get Steam? Download it now, like a boss.
  • edited October 2010

Steam takes up that much memory?!
  • edited October 2010
    Steam takes up that much memory?!

*applause*
  • edited October 2010
    Why wait until Thursday to get Steam? Download it now, like a boss.

because school will be out on Friday and Thursday will be a perfect do to get a account
  • edited October 2010
    because school will be out on Friday and Thursday will be a perfect do to get a account

Or you can download and register now because it takes no effort and procrastination is a dreadful habit.

I don't know, man. It seems like a pretty obvious choice, here.
  • edited October 2010
    I PM'd you, Seibert. Also, anyone else want to take the challenge?
  • edited October 2010
    it turns out my brother played the game when our cousin showed it to him
  • edited October 2010
    I PM'd you, Selfishbetsy. Also, anyone else want to take the challenge?

moi
  • edited October 2010
    moi

you will be shocked by the reason (at least i did not say it)
  • edited October 2010
    you will be shocked by the reason (at least i did not say it)

I dunno, that's nearly as bad. At least it's not spoilering, though.
  • edited October 2010
    i will pm this one ringmasterj5 (i will forward you message to him)
  • edited October 2010
    Just caught up on a week worth of this thread. Here are my contributions:

Canadian Mountain Dew doesn't have caffeine due to a law that says stuff with caffeine has to be either dark or labelled as an energy drink

Both my grandmas are dead, I didn't get to go to either's funeral. I did go to my aunt's funeral after she died in a car crash though. It was on my 20th birthday, which sucked.

I'm off to go get my cat from my in-laws' place, after Rag, my husband, called me saying his face was bleeding and to please come get my cat to enter her carrier. So, talk to you later, guys!
  • edited October 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Canadian Mountain Dew doesn't have caffeine due to a law that says stuff with caffeine has to be either dark or labelled as an energy drink
    what

also, i just looked that game up. was that really worth hiding?
  • edited October 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Just caught up on a week worth of this thread. Here are my contributions:

Amazingly enough I knew this already. I can blame the fact that I have several apps on my phone for this kind of thing

I never want any of my grandmothers to die (technically, I have four. Not only has my father remarried, my Grandfather did too.) They are all awesome and already went through two totally awesome Great Grandmothers I am totally lucky to have known dying.

Heck, I never want any more of my family to die, And a lot of times I get really worried.

I'm either going to go into Anxiety or Existential stuff in a minute, so I'll stop here.
  • edited October 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    also, i just looked that game up. was that really worth hiding?

Yes, because I want to see people's reactions when they know almost NOTHING beforehand.
    i will pm this one ringmasterj5 (i will forward you message to him)

God, Seibert! What did I say about that? :mad:
  • edited October 2010

God, SurfingPete! What did I say about that?

I told you, friend. People under 13 ruin everything.
  • edited October 2010
    I told you, friend. People under 13 ruin everything.

Did you read his PM?

Also, your avatar reminds me of the stupidest thing I ever watched on Cartoon Network(CSiCarly, on MAD).

Unrelated: Oh my god L4D2 is taking a looooooooooooooooong time to download.
  • edited October 2010
    Did you read his PM?.

Never got it.
This discussion has been closed.