The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Friar wrote: »
    It's fine, so long as it doesn't make it sound like you rvoice is breaking again...
    I actually quite enjoy giving presentations and stuff, but i think it was maybe the camera that was filming me that put me off.

Anyway, I am incredibly tired, and I have a ton of stuff I still want to do tonight! Gah! Maybe it's time for Power naps!

I've never understood power naps. I don't think I've ever "napped" in my entire life. I've tried before, but I can never stop myself from waking up hours and hours later rather than, say, twenty minutes or an hour. Maybe I'm missing something (the first person to say "an alarm clock" isn't getting a Christmas card).
  • edited October 2010
    What you're missing is an alert chronometer.
  • edited October 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    I've never understood power naps. I don't think I've ever "napped" in my entire life. I've tried before, but I can never stop myself from waking up hours and hours later rather than, say, twenty minutes or an hour. Maybe I'm missing something (the first person to say "an alarm clock" isn't getting a Christmas card).

I think the only person who truly understands what a power nap is, is Rather Dashing.
  • edited October 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Hey, you've overtaken Dashing!

He mentioned it a few days back when he saw our post counts next to each other (which was in this thread actually!).
    That revelation was followed by silence, then a strong feelings that if all my posts where half as interesting as Dashing's, I'd have a very low count right now. I think I post too much!
    I don't think I can stop myself though :p
    Fealiks wrote: »
    I just started going out with a girl who completely disproves the whole "gorgeous girls can't also be awesome" thing from a few pages back... <3 ^_^

I'm pretty sure a fair bunch of females on these forums already disprove that.
  • edited October 2010
    Is Комсомо́льская пра́вда still in print? I simply must know what the CPSU is up to these days!
  • edited October 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    He mentioned it a few days back when he saw our post counts next to each other (which was in this thread actually!).
    That revelation was followed by silence, then a strong feelings that if all my posts where half as interesting as Dashing's, I'd have a very low count right now. I think I post too much!
    I don't think I can stop myself though :p

Don't worry, I'll overtake the both of you soon enough. Not before you overtake Jake, though.
  • edited October 2010
    Don't worry, I'll overtake the both of you soon enough. Not before you overtake Jake, though.

Suuuuuuuure. I think you labour under the assumption that Avi and Dash have IRL lives to which they must attend.
  • edited October 2010
    I think you labor under the assumption that I have an IRL life to which I must attend.
  • edited October 2010
    I think you labor under the assumption that I have an IRL life to which I must attend.

Touché.
  • edited October 2010
    However, it should be noted that by coincidence, I was away from my computer for most of today because of real life and barely posted, and tomorrow's likely to be the same. Go figure, I suddenly have a life right when I'm trying to prove a point by saying I don't have a life. It won't last, though, and I'll be right back to my vegetative state in front of the computer in no time.
  • edited October 2010
    Well, I've been coming around here less lately, and the trend should keep this way. The thing is, I'm not convinced I'm really posting that much less. It's just that instead of checking every single thread I go in my subscribed threads, but then I often post in all threads there, when I definitely didn't use to post in every single thread I read.

So while I'm spending much less time here, it's possible than from a post-count point of view I'm just more efficient.
  • edited October 2010
    Woot, now all I need is to scan this page tomorrow so I can color it and I'll finally be ready for the Halloween contest.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm taking commissions!

Here's the prices!
    Sketches: Draw of the Character without background: $6 USD (+ $2 for extra character)
    LineArt: Draw of the character without background: $8 USD (+ $3 for extra character)
    Draws: Colored Draw without background: $10 USD (+ $4 for extra character)

If you want a Background, it cost the same as a Character ^^!

And the rules:
    You put the half of the money in my Paypal Account and then I'll start to work. The other half is paid when I finish. It's going to be send a hi res version .png of the image. Please note me to see availability and my paypal information ^^!

AND I'm not going to open a thread just for spam...
  • edited October 2010
    How on earth did Super Meat Boy get a T rating? There is some pretty messed up stuff in that game that seems more fit for something like South Park. Some examples:

The main enemy is a unborn fetus in a robot suit that keeps flipping you off at every chance he gets, even on the pause menu.

In one boss fight, you have to race said fetus's turd up a salt factory.

This one is a bit vulgar, so i'm spoiler tagging it.
    One unlockable character described in the game as a "Pervert" joins storywise only after she notices... something... about Meat Boy's girlfriend's crotch.

But, I can't pull myself away from the game for very long. It's very addicting, but messed up.
  • edited October 2010
    why are all these free flash games getting a pay for consoles or what ever release?
  • edited October 2010
    I'm curious if my account would have closed at some point if I didn't log in again after 4 months of inactivity.
  • edited October 2010
    uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........
  • edited October 2010
    uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

Deep stuff man.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm pretty sure a fair bunch of females on these forums already disprove that.
    Very true. In fact, physiognomy was labelled as pseudo-science years ago.
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    I think the only person who truly understands what a power nap is, is Rather Dashing.

Enlighten me? I think that I could benefit from them if I knew what they were. And by "benefit from them" I mean "get more lovely sleep".

In other, less interesting news, my website isn't getting enough hits... I'd appreciate it if people could take a look at the site (the link is in my sig) and/or the comics and tell me what they like and don't like about it so I can improve it.
    I know that everybody has lives to which they must attend, so if anyone does give me any feedback it'll be genuinely appreciated. If you take a look and don't like it, please tell me why. If you actually do like it enough, I'd appreciate it if you spread the word and/or joined the forums :)

[/grovel]
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2010
    I live in a fairly sizeable apartment building, and all the wireless networks we get are called bat-poo boring things like "BT-195388". My flatmate, funny and charming man that he is, wanted to give our wireless network a distinctive name. Something beautiful and unique. "Big Hairy Balls Of Steel" was the logical choice.

It seemed no one else wanted to play the network name game - until now. Welcome to the building, Asstastic! I'm sure you will find your neighbours equally mature.

Attachment not found.
  • edited October 2010
    I live in a fairly sizeable apartment building, and all the wireless networks we get are called bat-poo boring things like "BT-195388". My flatmate, funny and charming man that he is, wanted to give our wireless network a distinctive name. Something beautiful and unique. "Big Hairy Balls Of Steel" was the logical choice.

It seemed no one else wanted to play the network name game - until now. Welcome to the building, Asstastic! I'm sure you will find your neighbours equally mature.

Great. Now I have this weird urge to write a story of two people changing their network names constantly and having IM-like chats this way, and falling in love... But not knowing with whom from the building!
  • edited October 2010
    Great. Now I have this weird urge to write a story of two people changing their network names constantly and having IM-like chats this way, and falling in love... But not knowing with whom from the building!

Great. Now I have this weird urge to read this story.
  • edited October 2010
    Because my flatmate and I are both huge Warhammer geeks, our networks are usually called something 40k-related, so far we've had 'Aether', 'Immaterium', 'Empyrean' and it's currently called 'Webway' because my flatmate was on an Eldar kick when we got the new router. Our computers also have geeky network names, my laptop is 'Asur' and my desktop is 'Mainframe', his desktop is 'Pip-Boy 3000'. Because geeky references NEVER get old. (not if you're easily amused anyway)

And I don't think my Halloween contest entry will be done in time, working with epoxy putty while there is a toddler around is never a good idea. Boooo.
  • edited October 2010

Awww I so wanna play this game, but I know that my neighbours aren't savvy enough to change their network name. I went through a phase of leaving my bluetooth on in piblic places with savoury names. It's been on "BastardMan" for a while now though
  • edited October 2010
    I finaly hung up my prised aultographed picture of a wreslter I love. I been meening to put it up for ages but keep putting it off. Somthing I do a lot in my life XD

kanewall.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    There are some nights when I just feel like I could stay up until the sun rises, and feel very much like doing so. Then I realize how much my tired, sleep-deprived, and p.o.'d future self would hate me for that. So, I decide to go to bed, and keep us both happy.
  • edited October 2010
    Raghhhh!h!!h!h!h!h!h!h!
  • edited October 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    Raghhhh!h!!h!h!h!h!h!h!

That... was... insightful.

What in particular brought you to post such a comment? Frustration? Anger? Confusion? Transformation into the incredible hulk?
  • edited October 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    That... was... insightful.

What in particular brought you to post such a comment? Frustration? Anger? Confusion? Transformation into the incredible hulk?

:p
    I don't know, things are looking up for me but I'm still a little edgy, insecure about myself.
  • edited October 2010
    How on earth did Super Meat Boy get a T rating? There is some pretty messed up stuff in that game that seems more fit for something like South Park.

It's honestly not that bad. It all fits the T rating scale. Certainly fits in that category much better than Super Smash Bros, which shouldn't be there at all. Chill and just enjoy the game, bro. Which you already seem to be doin', which is cool.
    Remolay wrote: »
    why are all these free flash games getting a pay for consoles or what ever release?

The prospect that an indie developer is actually getting a return on their projects seems fair to me.
  • edited October 2010
    Very much so, I would gladly buy n+ too support the guys who made N, but it still confuses me. I can play probably the majority of VVVVVVVVV on Kongregate right now. And Yet It Moves used to be a two level barely fun game.

It's good for those making them, but whenever I see those for games I've played I just think that.

And I'm pretty sure the only reason Brawl has a T rating is because Solid Snake is in it.
  • edited October 2010
    And I'm pretty sure the only reason Brawl has a T rating is because Solid Snake is in it.

I think it's more for the image. Melee was T too.
  • edited October 2010
    I think it's more for the image. Melee was T too.

That had Jigglypuff in it though.
  • edited October 2010
    That had Jigglypuff in it though.

That better not be a slight on Jigglypuff! :mad:
  • edited October 2010
    Melee was T too.

Okay, yeah. That one is messed up. That one should at the highest get E10+ which I'm pretty sure didn't exist yet so It would still stay E.
  • edited October 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    That better not be a slight on Jigglypuff! :mad:

8PYYM9WR.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    Ha ha, saving that macro for future use!
  • edited October 2010
    It's honestly not that bad. It all fits the T rating scale. Certainly fits in that category much better than Super Smash Bros, which shouldn't be there at all. Chill and just enjoy the game, bro. Which you already seem to be doin', which is cool.

I can agree with that mostly, but that crotch-thing was... suprising... to say the least.

Very much so, I would gladly buy n+ too support the guys who made N, but it still confuses me. I can play probably the majority of VVVVVVVVV on Kongregate right now. And Yet It Moves used to be a two level barely fun game.

It's good for those making them, but whenever I see those for games I've played I just think that.

n+ got old fast. The only reason I play it now and then is because Pheonix Wright is a free add-on costume. Super Meat Boy has basically the same gameplay, but is better in every way. It even has the Ninja as a playable character, along with a few other recognizable indie faces(Tim, The Kid, Alien Hominid, Castle Crasher, and the PC-only Mr. Minecraft).

I always thought Brawl was T because of both the "real weapons" Snake uses and Zero Suit Samus.

Also, it's VVVVVV. Not VVVVVVVVV. The Kongregate version only has two out of the full eight levels, and is missing the overworld and the extra modes.
  • edited October 2010
    Well, ordered my books today. Aaaand that was my produciveness quotient for the day. To ToMI!
  • edited October 2010
    Also, it's VVVVVV. Not VVVVVVVVV. Also, the Kongregate version only has two out of the full eight levels, and is missing the overworld and the extra modes.

And this is why I need a picture of myself with a goofy grin holding one of my old Dr Seuss books upside down with the caption of "Learning can be fun!".

I did not know on the levels thing, and I can never remember how many V's are in the title.
This discussion has been closed.