The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Yeah, I don't want to be a jerk about it. It just came out that way.

Awww, poor RD. That happens. *hugs*

EDIT: by the way, I was up about 25 hours and then slept for 3. Sometimes that would be my "normal" schedule and I would be completely rested. Not today.
    I toss and turn but can't sleep at all. So I decided to get up, but I'm a zombie who can't think of anything to do and feels even less like doing it.
    It's so frustrating.
  • edited October 2010
    He can comment all he wants. What, do you think you're Forum Jeebus or something?

Why don't you let Dashing fight his own battles, Pantsy.
  • edited October 2010
    Just took Biochem Midterm number two! Gah, I'm so worn out...I think it's the near constant stress of the last few days, trying to balance studying with my frantic Dragonball watching...
  • edited October 2010
    I'm bored. I've spent the last few nights playing Sonic 3 & Knuckles and I just can't bring myself to do it again tonight and get through as Knuckles. I thought about streaming Maniac Mansion, but I doubt anybody would be around to watch this late at night. I've thought about spriting the Temple of Time, but I don't feel like putting forth the effort involved right now. Hell, I've even thought about organizing my desktop.
  • edited October 2010
    Why don't you let Dashing fight his own battles, Pantsy.

It's a concept known as 'cronyism' or, alternately, ganging up on your adversary. Everyone knows that the Internet is a post apocalyptic wasteland and the best way to survive is to form horrible, roving cliques dedicated to the utter disembowelment of one's foes - be they real or perceived.

We shall be known as the Tunnel Snakes.
  • edited October 2010

Sometimes, and by that I mean oftentimes, you make me feel embarrassed to consider you my friend.
  • edited October 2010
    Fawful should be embarassed. That guy forgot his question mark. Who's the embarassment now? Tunnel Snakes rule!
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2010
    Painkillers, eye drops and caffeine are very nearly almost the equivlalent of a good night's sleep. That's what I'm telling myself anyway.
  • edited October 2010
    An IV drip of coffee combined with intermittent spritzes from a squirt bottle of water. That's the solution.
  • edited October 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Painkillers, eye drops and caffeine are very nearly almost the equivalent of a good night's sleep. That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

Ooh, I should try that too. I had an hour long walk because I was exhausted but unable to sleep, and now I feel up for the day. And it's not even 2 am yet.
  • edited October 2010
    Just watched all six star wars movies, and well...now I'm bored.
  • edited October 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Just watched all six star wars movies, and well...now I'm bored.

Watch the Clone Wars :D.
  • edited October 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Watch the Clone Wars :D.

I need to find my clone wars DvD's and now Need to get seasons one and two.
  • edited October 2010
    On the subject of film: I watched Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho for the first time tonight, and I wasn't really impressed. Although, I did think the last thirty minutes or so were surprisingly scary, especially the look on Norman's face in the cellar.

Then I watched this analysis of the film and now I'm completely blown away by the film. Now I want to deconstruct some of my favorite films and look for recurring themes in them and analyze them more.
    edited October 2010
    I'm beginning to suspect that wearing black and navy blue together makes it look like I got dressed in the dark.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm here!
  • edited October 2010
    The game. I just lost it.
  • edited October 2010
    Thanks a alot...

You couldn't just take the loss your self, you had to drag me with you. :p

And also, our green bird/budgy died yesterday, so now the house is really quiet without him tweeting.
    But now he can be in bird heaven, with our blue bird that died about 2 years ago.
  • edited October 2010
    Thanks a alot...

You couldn't just take the loss your self, you had to drag me with you. :p

Ahem. Rule 3.
  • edited October 2010
    It's a concept known as 'cronyism' or, alternately, ganging up on your adversary. Everyone knows that the Internet is a post apocalyptic wasteland and the best way to survive is to form horrible, roving cliques dedicated to the utter disembowelment of one's foes - be they real or perceived.

We shall be known as the Tunnel Snakes.

Best analogy evar. I lulzed!

So Pants, does this make you Butch and does this mean I can get a haircut?
  • edited October 2010
    I need a giant avatar box. My icons are allways tiny and hard to see.
  • edited October 2010
    I need a giant avatar box. My icons are allways tiny and hard to see.

I approve of the slig in the tophat!
  • edited October 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I approve of the slig in the tophat!

If I knew how to get it the size of your giant Abe it could be seen in all its pimping wonder!
  • edited October 2010
    I just spent an hour and a half hitting every bookstore in the walled city portion of York and cannot find the Old English text book I need. I was kinda trying to avoid amazon because I need it right away, but looks like I have no choice...
  • edited October 2010
    mgrant wrote: »
    I just spent an hour and a half hitting every bookstore in the walled city portion of York and cannot find the Old English text book I need. I was kinda trying to avoid amazon because I need it right away, but looks like I have no choice...
    Right away as in sooner than in the next two days, or the next business day with a $3 upcharge? Do you not have an Amazon Prime Student account?
  • edited October 2010
    Right away as in immediately would be nice because I have a large chunk of translation to do, but I can fudge my way through with the texts I have at the moment if necessary (hopefully my teacher won't nail me for it). I will really need it by Thursday though, since that's my OE next class.

I do have an Amazon prime account, but I got it in the states and I'm still trying to find out if I can use it over here. So far, it doesn't seem like I can.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm beginning to suspect that wearing black and navy blue together makes it look like I got dressed in the dark.

Ouch, that's a big no-no boxster. I expect to see you on a Gok-Wan special sometime soon :p
  • edited October 2010
    Doug Walker's new web show is....not really all that funny, well-written, or thought out. I'm kind of surprised. I guess they can't all be winners.
  • edited October 2010
    Need a theme song? Have a thing for Japanese girls? Hm... This might work...

700 POSTS!

I was about to say something along the lines of "I think the only milestone I'll care about is when I reach 1,00 posts", but I've just realised that I have over 1,500....
  • edited October 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    I was about to say something along the lines of "I think the only milestone I'll care about is when I reach 1,00 posts", but I've just realised that I have over 1,500....

Yeah, I've had stuff like that happen to me. "Oh, I wonder how long it will be before I reach five hundred posts... Sweet mother of God, over two thousands?"
    edited October 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Yeah, I've had stuff like that happen to me. "Oh, I wonder how long it will be before I reach five hundred posts... Sweet mother of God, over two thousands?"

Hey, you've overtaken Dashing!
    JedExodus wrote: »
    Ouch, that's a big no-no boxster. I expect to see you on a Gok-Wan special sometime soon :p

Maybe I shouldn't mention the royal blue football socks and grey Converse... I'm a super stylin' lady. :p

I love wine Fridays. I'm happy to stay here and work for another couple of hours. Also, I have some pretty freaking awesome colleagues. The weekend looks extremely promising. Life is good.
  • edited October 2010
    putting in motion the law of attraction.
  • edited October 2010
    I had to give a presentation today for an assessment in college! I think it went okay, but i was a tad nervous. I managed to work in a couple of Futurama pictures though!
  • edited October 2010
    Friar wrote: »
    I had to give a presentation today for an assessment in college! I think it went okay, but i was a tad nervous. I managed to work in a couple of Futurama pictures though!

Nervousness is good, personally I kick ass when i'm nervous and have to do public speaking
  • edited October 2010
    I just started going out with a girl who completely disproves the whole "gorgeous girls can't also be awesome" thing from a few pages back... <3 ^_^
    edited October 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    I just started going out with a girl who completely disproves the whole "gorgeous girls can't also be awesome" thing from a few pages back... <3 ^_^

Yay Fealiks!! :D
  • edited October 2010
    I can't wait till Sunday it will be Undertaker vs Kane in a Buried Alive Match quite possibly being the last match of one of the greatest wrestling feuds ever.
  • edited October 2010
    Hey, you've overtaken Dashing!

Maybe I shouldn't mention the royal blue football socks and grey Converse... I'm a super stylin' lady. :p

I love wine Fridays. I'm happy to stay here and work for another couple of hours. Also, I have some pretty freaking awesome colleagues. The weekend looks extremely promising. Life is good.

Ha, the socks sound pretty rad, although I'd never get away with wearing anything like that.

What's the weekend got lined up for you?
    edited October 2010
    Ha, the socks sound pretty rad, although I'd never get away with wearing anything like that.

Hah, I wouldn't say I get away with it, though I like to pretend I do. :D
    What's the weekend got lined up for you?

Over to a friend's place for wine, Thai takeaway and trashy TV on Saturday. Probably a train trip to Brighton on Sunday. I'm in need of some fairly serious fun - pinball and cheesy amusements fit the bill.
  • edited October 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    Nervousness is good, personally I kick ass when i'm nervous and have to do public speaking

It's fine, so long as it doesn't make it sound like you rvoice is breaking again...
    I actually quite enjoy giving presentations and stuff, but i think it was maybe the camera that was filming me that put me off.

Anyway, I am incredibly tired, and I have a ton of stuff I still want to do tonight! Gah! Maybe it's time for Power naps!
This discussion has been closed.