The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited June 2013
    066f8a23-6c8f-4896-acbc-a4644fd350bc.jpg
  • edited June 2013
    I can't even think of words to say.

Aside of the usual "family in my thoughts" comments.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2013
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Hot tip: this is actually the key art we're using for our booth at E3.

So, Sam & Max without an inventory, but plenty of QTEs? icon_twisted.gif
  • edited June 2013
    icon_twisted.gif

Does the devil have kidney problems or something? He looks like he needs dialysis fast.
  • edited June 2013
    Update to the game. I feel confident enough about my animation skill at this point to declare the next phase of my game animation:

Fully animated cutscenes!

Nothing too lengthy, but just long enough to convey the story. 30 seconds to 1 minute in brief snippets.
  • edited June 2013
    I smell feature creep.
  • edited June 2013
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    I smell feature creep.

I'm not making a movie :P The animated sections will run a total of like, five minutes. The majority of dialogue and action happens in game. But it's hard to intro an adventure game without some sort of introduction giving some detail on the fantasy world you're going to inhabit and such.
  • coolsome wrote: »
    Does the devil have kidney problems or something? He looks like he needs dialysis fast.

Nah, he’s just playing Psycho Killer with the rest of the Talking Heads.
  • edited June 2013
    Found this poster for sale:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/rastaman/works/9183506-monkey-island-wanted-spiffy-the-scumm-bar-dog

pp,375x360.jpg

Whoever it was took that image of Spiffy from these forums:

prizna wrote: »
    Heres my attempt at Spiffy:

Spiffy.png
  • edited June 2013
    Lets sue and get free T-Shirts for life!
  • edited June 2013
    Should have said "Fur Piracy"
  • edited June 2013
    DAISHI wrote: »
    Should have said "Fur Piracy"

I don't know if I could look at my self in the mirror again if I sold something with that pun.
  • I fucking HATE ass acne.
  • edited June 2013
    DAISHI wrote: »
    I'm not making a movie :P The animated sections will run a total of like, five minutes.

Better get cracking. You're looking at about 4500 frames there. That's just lower standard too. Double that for high quality.
  • edited June 2013
    Noname215 wrote: »
    I fucking HATE ass acne.

Doodo, is that you?
  • edited June 2013
    I fucking HATE ass acne.

Why don't you have a rat gnaw it off your ass.
  • edited June 2013
    I fucking HATE ass acne.

then stop licking it.
  • You can throw as many one-liners at me as you want. I don’t care.

EDIT: Actually, der ketzer’s one was pretty funny.
  • edited June 2013
    Good gods I need water right now.
  • edited June 2013
    White people who try to impress me by saying they hate white people.

I'm also white. I don't need your smug self hated.
  • edited June 2013
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    White people who try to impress me by saying they hate white people.

I'm also white. I don't need your smug self hated.

Theres also guys who say how bad men are.
  • edited June 2013
    People who do that and people who shame people into those attitudes really annoy me. Buh.
  • edited June 2013
    You know what I hate?
    People. Fuck people. :p
  • edited June 2013
    Fuck you people who flood forums with crap!
  • edited June 2013
    i hate hate i hate that
  • edited June 2013
    coolsome wrote: »
    Fuck you people who flood forums with crap!

stop hating yourself.
  • edited June 2013
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    stop hating yourself.

thatsthejoke.jpg
  • edited June 2013
    Have I mentioned lately how much I hate my job? Because I fucking hate my job.

Take today, for instance. I get a call this morning asking if I can come in early since we're short-staffed. I get in around 45 minutes early (would have been earlier but the buses are never on time) and discover 4 people had called in sick.

4 people. And I'm 100% positive that they're just pulling sickies so they can either enjoy the weather or recover from getting drunk last night.

Absolutely fucking sick of this shit. We've barely got enough staff as is and they pull this shit on us? Christ almighty. I had to spend most of the day on tills - and I fucking loathe tills - meaning I got practically no real work done at all today. barely a trolley of stock put out.

I really hate my job. I hate constantly being the only one jumping on tills when it gets busy. I hate the majority of customers acting like they have single-digit IQs. I hate children screaming and pissing around (we had one actually piss themselves yesterday, the little shit). I hate the shitty ass music we have to listen to on the in-store radio. I hate the staff members who spend way too much time talking to customers but are technically disabled and know their rights so we can't do a damn thing about them. And most of all, I hate myself for putting up with this shit for almost 4 years now instead of finding another damn job that sucks less.

Fuck my life. Fuck it to hell.

(stopping here before I have another depressive mood swing)
  • edited June 2013
    gamestop wrote:
    FINALLY. 2K Sports’ lineup of premier simulation titles expands with the company’s first release in the flagship WWE videogame franchise, WWE 2K14. The most electrifying, authentic and comprehensive WWE video game experience to date arrives soon. Become Immortal.
    Immortal....hulk+hogan+vintage.jpg
  • edited June 2013

Take today, for instance. I get a call this morning asking if I can come in early since we're short-staffed. I get in around 45 minutes early (would have been earlier but the buses are never on time) and discover 4 people had called in sick.

4 people. And I'm 100% positive that they're just pulling sickies so they can either enjoy the weather or recover from getting drunk last night.

Absolutely fucking sick of this shit. We've barely got enough staff as is and they pull this shit on us? Christ almighty. I had to spend most of the day on tills - and I fucking loathe tills - meaning I got practically no real work done at all today. barely a trolley of stock put out.

I really hate my job. I hate constantly being the only one jumping on tills when it gets busy. I hate the majority of customers acting like they have single-digit IQs. I hate children screaming and pissing around (we had one actually piss themselves yesterday, the little shit). I hate the shitty ass music we have to listen to on the in-store radio. I hate the staff members who spend way too much time talking to customers but are technically disabled and know their rights so we can't do a damn thing about them. And most of all, I hate myself for putting up with this shit for almost 4 years now instead of finding another damn job that sucks less.

Dude, I relate so much to that.
    5 years of this shit, its absolutely soul destroying.

(If I didn't have my hobbies and my best friend, I probably would have had a serious meltdown by now)

Edit: I'm actually looking forward to going back to uni, so I only have to deal with this one day a week instead of 5.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2013
    So... we're finally about to find out if truckloads of discarded video game cartidges were actually buried in 1983 (no, not under the corner of Straight & Narrow in NYC, sorry):

http://www.alamogordonews.com/news/ci_23371252/film-company-poised-search-worst-video-game-ever?source=JBarTicker
  • edited June 2013
    coolsome wrote: »
    Theres also guys who say how bad men are.

Everybody's bad. The problem is systemic badness that is both de jeur and de facto that causes active problems for everyone else.
  • edited June 2013

Where do you actually work?
    I'm beginning to hate my job. Today, it was lovely weather, so the shop was incredibly busy. And how many people did we have on the shopfloor? Two. In a large DIY store (Just over 2 minutes brisk walk from one side to the other.). So I ended up spending most of my time on the tills (because they didn't have anyone in either. Just the normal desk person). Whilst the managers were getting increasingly annoyed that no-one was answering calls. Because we were stuck on tills. Sometime they'll learn that good weather means people come in their droves for BBQs, and plants and compost and stuff.

Not that I don't mind the tills, I actually prefer them. That way I don't have to pretend to know the difference between two seemingly identical screws, or what on earth makes Professional undercoat professional.

Add that to the constant pressure to sell people finance, the lousy pay, the stupid hours (who starts work at 7AM on a Sunday? I work 6 days a week too, and still earn a third less than my working friends.), and the backbreaking labour (You see this pallet of compost weighing over a metric tonne? Here's ten to move. And then restack all the tiles.). I can't even remember the last time my nails were clean, or my legs weren't bruised.

I'm very glad that I'm going to university and won't have to put up with this for much longer. In fact, I'm probably going to pack it all in in six weeks time (2 and a bit before I actually start university), just so I can actually see my friends for a change. Seriously, The amount of times I've been called in at the last minute to cover someone's shift, without complaint, and I ask for one day off, well in advance for a friends 21st, and It's refused outright. I've worked 13 days straight before because other people called in sick, or had to have a day off or whatever, without thanks. And not one of those people can do the same for me.

Yeah, rant over.

Also, the room is spinning now. Odd.
    I fucking HATE ass acne.

Just thank your stars that it isn't on the other side of your body.
  • edited June 2013
    Academia is definitely worth it. I've worked twelve hour days (seven days a week for awhile, though the weekends were only eight hours) and it still was more fun than that sounds.
  • edited June 2013
    Academia is definitely worth it. I've worked twelve hour days (seven days a week for awhile, though the weekends were only eight hours) and it still was more fun than that sounds.

Yeah, I'd always planned on going to university (It was always part of my "coming out" and "Moving away" plans, plus I actually want to be in a job I like, and am good at.), but I figured I'd get some money behind me first.

Also 12 hour shifts are not fun. I was made to do some 12 hour night shifts for a bit, and they were just gruelling. Luckily they are usually only for a week at a time, every few months or so. And Hopefully there will be no more before I leave.
  • edited June 2013

Same here.
  • edited June 2013
    You know what I hate?
    People. Fuck people. :p
    I hate people who hate people.

I hate people who hate people who hate people who hate me.
  • edited June 2013
    Friar wrote: »
    Where do you actually work?
    It's a pound shop. Rather not say which one specifically.

And yes, I do feel like punching people in the face whenever they ask "how much is this?".

Also, those Poundland specials from Ashens are doubly hilarious when you actually sell that shit.
  • Friar wrote: »
    Just thank your stars that it isn't on the other side of your body.

Ugh.

three-stooges-triple-facepalm.jpg?w=491
This discussion has been closed.