The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited June 2013
    It's a pound shop. Rather not say which one specifically.

And yes, I do feel like punching people in the face whenever they ask "how much is this?".

Also, those Poundland specials from Ashens are doubly hilarious when you actually sell that shit.

In their defence, I went into a pond store the other day that had things in that were more than a pound. It was one of those two-in- one stores.

What really irks me is when a customer buys a seater patio set and then seems surprised when it doesn't fit in their tiny car which is full of shopping.
  • edited June 2013
    So much hate in this thread.

Nowadays I usually try to release my frustrations by doing something fun, or at least something I want to do. As such, I've pretty much given up hating stuff at this point.
  • edited June 2013
    I didn't know horses could hate.
  • edited June 2013
    Friar wrote: »
    In their defence, I went into a pond store the other day that had things in that were more than a pound. It was one of those two-in- one stores.
    Well, no wonder. Pond stores are notorious for overcharging.

I too dislike it when people come in for refunds. Oh, I'm sorry, that really crappy looking set of earphones you bought for a pound gives really shitty sound? Well that's probably because IT WAS A FUCKING POUND.

Also, it's an inset day, so no school today. FUCK.
  • edited June 2013

Nowadays I usually try to release my frustrations by doing something fun, or at least something I want to do. As such, I've pretty much given up hating stuff at this point.

That's because you don't have a job stopping you from that. Oh the joy of being 13 years old.
  • edited June 2013

I love meat. It's delicious.
  • edited June 2013
    I don't think strong brush is 13. But yeah, getting a job changes a human being, whether better or worse.
  • edited June 2013
    I felt like running out of the store and throwing myself under a bus today.
    (That's nothing new though. I feel like that every time I'm in that place...)
  • edited June 2013
    It really depends on the job, I think. Though, I'll confess, my coping mechanism for being stuck working somewhere like that would be to completely lose focus and spend my entire day thinking about something else. It's like my superpower, to be able, at any time, think of something completely unrelated to the task at hand and completely focus on that thing to the exclusion of all, more important, things.
  • edited June 2013
    I say we find some ants wait till they have a picnic and walk all over there food!
  • edited June 2013
    It really depends on the job, I think. Though, I'll confess, my coping mechanism for being stuck working somewhere like that would be to completely lose focus and spend my entire day thinking about something else. It's like my superpower, to be able, at any time, think of something completely unrelated to the task at hand and completely focus on that thing to the exclusion of all, more important, things.

That used to work for me, but lately all my thoughts seem to drift to self-loathing.
    (It might be due to my loss of faith in humanity. I mean you get some customers that would win multiple Darwin awards just for stepping in the door..,)
  • edited June 2013
    Getting a chef's knife sharp enough to cut through a tomato like butter is like sex. Oh baby.
  • edited June 2013
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    Getting a chef's knife sharp enough to cut through a tomato like butter is like sex. Oh baby.

So... when are you going to try it out on one of your fingers?

Okay, I'm sorry. That was mean. Or rude. I can't even tell the difference anymore.
  • edited June 2013
    Oh like any of you guys have a better idea to train bees to sing the Japanese anthem!
  • edited June 2013
    coolsome wrote: »
    Oh like any of you guys have a better idea to train bees to sing the [URL="h) p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfJuJrqFhXM"]Japanese anthem![/URL]

And like that you cheer me up coolslaw! :D
    (Don't ever change! Unless you change into a Megazord or something. which would just be awesome! :) )
  • edited June 2013

My thought exactely.
    Second thought: Thank god Tope is female.
  • edited June 2013

I already did. By accident. :cool:

Just a baby scratch though.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I would assume that with your experience, what you call a baby scratch would make grown men faint. :cool:
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited June 2013
    My eyes have been having double vision for about 2 weeks now (it looks like everything has a border around it). I went to get my eyes checked and found I need glasses (+1.00 for the right eye and +1.75 for the left).

But, my stupid insurance company (Excellus Blue Cross/Blue Shield) only covers certain glasses, and they have to be shipped. So I have to deal with this for two more weeks.

I wish they'd hurry up and come in. It makes reading text on the computer very difficult (and drawing is pretty much a no go, since it's pretty much impossible to tell where borders are and exactly where color changes, etc.). I just hope my eyesight doesn't get worse while I wait.
    edited June 2013
    That sounds strange. Double borders don't seem to be an issue of short sightedness to me (mainly because I can't even see any borders at +7.00 :D ).
  • edited June 2013
    You know who else sees double borders?

34764954.jpg
  • edited June 2013
    I would assume that with your experience, what you call a baby scratch would make grown men faint. :cool:

Hell, just thinking about it is making me feel faint. Then again, I have a thing about fingers. I mean, when you play piano on a fairly regular basis, you grow to love each and every one of your fingers. The weird part is, I have no feelings about complete hands being lopped off... just fingers.

So yeah, that bit in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang had me squirming in my seat just a little bit and wincing repeatedly.
    edited June 2013
    So yeah, that bit in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang had me squirming in my seat just a little bit and wincing repeatedly.

I see, you were concerned about Robert Downey's... finger.
  • edited June 2013
    Hell, just thinking about it is making me feel faint. Then again, I have a thing about fingers. I mean, when you play piano on a fairly regular basis, you grow to love each and every one of your fingers. The weird part is, I have no feelings about complete hands being lopped off... just fingers.
    Never watch Black Swan.
    edited June 2013
    Researched The Double McGuffin DVD on Amazon.com. You've got to see this.
    “As the mother of one of the boys in this movie, I was very excited to find it is now on DVD. ”
    Mother | 1 reviewer made a similar statement
  • edited June 2013
    Was the similar statement from the farther.
  • edited June 2013
    I see, you were concerned about Robert Downey's... finger.

It was bad enough when it got cut off by a door, which is something I've always kinda been 'eek' about (when I was a kid, someone told me a story about another kid who got their finger slammed in the hinge of a door. And my brother's friend got his cut off in a gate. And I got one of my fingers caught in a stamping machine... so yeah. Finger injuries, not my thing.). But then it got sewn back on... so it could get ripped off again!

...And then eaten by a dog!

Poor finger...
  • edited June 2013
    explosion-in-space-wallpaper.jpg
  • edited June 2013
    Jennifer wrote: »
    My eyes have been having double vision for about 2 weeks now (it looks like everything has a border around it). I went to get my eyes checked and found I need glasses (+1.00 for the right eye and +1.75 for the left).

But, my stupid insurance company (Excellus Blue Cross/Blue Shield) only covers certain glasses, and they have to be shipped. So I have to deal with this for two more weeks.

You might want to stop by the drug store and get a pair of non-prescription reading glasses. They won't be perfect, but they might be better than nothing, and they don't cost that much.
  • edited June 2013
    In one year you'll be able to call me Dr. Luthor.
  • edited June 2013
    But you haven't even given Superman time to get here and grow up yet!
  • edited June 2013
    But you haven't even given Superman time to get here and grow up yet!

We don't know that. He could be readying for his public unveiling even as we speak.
  • edited June 2013
    OK, here's something a little more positive. I had a word with my boss yesterday about my frustration over getting stuck on the tills all the time, and he said that he was aware of the situation and was looking into it.

So yeah, hopefully things should get better on that front. Yay.
    edited June 2013
    OK, here's something a little more positive. I had a word with my boss yesterday about my frustration over getting stuck on the tills all the time, and he said that he was aware of the situation and was looking into it.

You render a loyalty to them which obviously next to none of your colleagues feel. I really hope there's rewards in the future. :(
  • edited June 2013

Better start looking at the ads.
  • edited June 2013
    OK. Seriously considering getting an Android tablet.

Would it be a good buy?

(and don't just say 'get a phone', because those monthly charges are bullshit)
  • edited June 2013
    I got one it's pretty cool. Theres loads of free and cheep apps to fill it with.
  • edited June 2013
    Was that... was that an actually helpful response? Dear god... what's wrong with you, coolsome?

Bought it. I'd been keeping an eye out for something like this for a while, and it's hard to argue with that sort of price. Plus maybe now I can actually see what all the fuss about this 'Furious Fowls' thing is.
  • edited June 2013
    *Removed post because Marsden had bought tablet so post was rendered useless.*

It is remembering though that you get what you pay for with android tablets.
  • edited June 2013
    DAISHI wrote: »
    In one year you'll be able to call me Dr. Luthor.

Enjoy your hair before Superman ruins it.
    Bought it. I'd been keeping an eye out for something like this for a while, and it's hard to argue with that sort of price. Plus maybe now I can actually see what all the fuss about this 'Furious Fowls' thing is.

Now if only Telltale would *mmph*
This discussion has been closed.