The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    Getting a chef's knife sharp enough to cut through a tomato like butter is like sex. Oh baby.

I once tried to sharpen my clasp knife. As an outcome I could cut through butter like it was a tomato, if you know what I mean. :(

And yeah, I think it was pretty much like sex.
  • edited June 2013
    I don't even use my laptop so much now that I have my Nexus 7 tablet on hand.
    (Only for gaming really. Or watching a bluray. My tablet is so dandy for everything else)
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2013
    So... we need a "next thing you'll purchase" in addition to the "last thing you purchased" thread?
  • edited June 2013
    So... we need a "next thing you'll purchase" in addition to the "last thing you purchased" thread?

And while we're at it, a "What are you purchasing" thread.
  • edited June 2013
    Where do pre orders fit in?
    edited June 2013
    "Post the worst thing you ever purchased"
  • edited June 2013

65897.gif
    edited June 2013
    I would believe that from any community member but you, coolsome. At a mean 238 posts a day in the 'last thing' thread, you must have something worse in your portfolio, I'm sure of it. :cool:
  • edited June 2013

WFp.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Now THAT's what I call impressive.
  • edited June 2013
    I got plan 9 but im not sure if I regret it or not.
  • edited June 2013

Jurassic-Park-The-Game-8.png
  • edited June 2013
    Gamewise?

Rome: Total War. Paid waaaay too much for it and then in classic Mort style, I played about three hours, couldn't figure out how to not go bankrupt, decided I wasn't a fan of the combat, and never touched it again. I can't even find anyone to give this game away to. It's just sitting in this box under my bed, collecting dust.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited June 2013
    FGF.jpg
  • edited June 2013
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPuVMS6UNGVpbrvNloTAzqZhcpMJwN3sdNyZQyvy_LINw4ZDeIJQ

I've actually played it.

Everything you've heard is true.

...everything.
  • edited June 2013
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPuVMS6UNGVpbrvNloTAzqZhcpMJwN3sdNyZQyvy_LINw4ZDeIJQ

I've actually played it.

Everything you've heard is true.

...everything.

You can't possibly mean that the credits contain the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything?! I thought that was just a myth!
  • edited June 2013
    Friar wrote: »
    You can't possibly mean that the credits contain the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything?! I thought that was just a myth!

It's categorically true.
  • edited June 2013

774081.jpg
  • edited June 2013
    With that, this thread became "Post the worst thing you've shat".
  • edited June 2013
    With that, this thread became "Post the worst thing you've shat".

I didn't even get past the first bite. Shit tasted like garbage.

There's a reason they discontinued that shit.
  • edited June 2013
    That box art. With the Pringles man positioned there above the X, he looks like a stick figure shitting fire.
  • GaryCXJk wrote: »
    I didn't even get past the first bite. Shit tasted like garbage.

I thought shit tasted like shit.
  • edited June 2013
    GODDAMNIT DEUS EX

Seriously, why. Why.
  • edited June 2013
    Unless that's the shittiest thing you've ever bought, you are seriously off topic harumph harumph!
  • edited June 2013
    Unless that's the shittiest thing you've ever bought, you are seriously off topic harumph harumph!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSACQF3CxOgHY7PrqPFBpbru6HPOhn1Fr_1a_7ZJ9kv7cvoKISguA

Although, what currently feels like the shittiest would have to be:

Barenaked+Ladies+Grinning+Streak.jpg

I used to really like these guys, but this was all kinds of boring. And I paid the full $10 for it on launch night.
  • edited June 2013
    I used to really like these guys, but this was all kinds of boring. And I paid the full $10 for it on launch night.
    They're dressed in suits. What did you expect. No rock group should wear suits.

Went out with my mum & sister to do a bit of shopping and came back with a splitting headache. Absolutely awful, just piercing pain right through my brain (heh, rhyme). Had to lie down and not do anything for half an hour before it even started to fade. Ugh.

It's still there in the back of my brain, but it's not so bad now. And this is why I don't like Summer. The sun just plain fucks. Me. Up.
  • That box art. With the Pringles man positioned there above the X, he looks like a stick figure shitting fire.

I thought it looked more like he was flashing and the wasabi was covering up his Green Arrow.
  • Universal Studios is doing an expansion to the Simpsons ride by designing restaraunts in the area designed after places in the show.

http://tv.yahoo.com/photos/universal-opens-the-simpsons-fast-food-blvd-in-springfield-slideshow/the-simpsons-at-universal-studios-orlando-photo-287663513.html
  • edited June 2013
    I really, really want to go back to Orlando. It's just a shame flights are so darn expensive. And student loans barely cover rent, let alone inter-continental holidays. I want to swim with the dolphins! And get a super-sized McDonalds.
  • edited June 2013
    They're dressed in suits. What did you expect. No rock group should wear suits.

They always were more "alternative" than "rock", so I was cautiously optimistic. "Were" being the key word there.
  • edited June 2013
    Paramount once again has sole possession of the Friday The 13th franchise. Expect the never ending franchise to continue.
  • edited June 2013
    That's the entire point of "never ending".
  • edited June 2013
    Shall I tell you what did end?

Neverending Story. ;P
  • edited June 2013
    Shall I tell you what did end?

Neverending Story. ;P

The filmmakers will never hear the end of that one.
  • edited June 2013
    god no why

and this is even worse.

Why did I even get up today?
    edited June 2013
    Yes, ugly! It's a link to Steam!!

Seriously: FPS with the tablet's patented 'bar of soap' controls. Wow. And I thought the 'right control stick' was the worst thing gamers would treat themselves to. :cool:
  • edited June 2013
    By my calculation, there is about 70 PSP games worth owning. (In English language speaking countries at least)

I own about 65 of them! XD
    (And all on the same PSP. I only have about 4gb left on that 64gb card now. So its unfortunately technically Impossible to get them all on there (not without some considerable compression at least))
  • edited June 2013
    I don't know why anyone thought that putting a FPS on a tablet was a good idea. Even from a marketing perspective. I mean, casuals are the ones who use tablets for gaming and also the ones who don't play FPS games.

It's more of this ridiculous notion of making games for people who don't play games. People who don't play games... don't play games.
  • edited June 2013
    Not to mention the fact that Deus Ex is heavily story based. Isolating the majority of the audience that cares about the story, and then scaring off those new to the story isn't exactly bright either.
  • edited June 2013
    In my experience, people who play tablet games don't want something long and involved. They want something short and dumb that they can play while they're waiting for something, something that doesn't require sound or real concentration, like Fruit Ninja or Angry Birds. A game that requires a person's full attention and a considerable time commitment doesn't really seem like a good choice for a tablet game.
This discussion has been closed.