The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited June 2013
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    That's because you don't have a job stopping you from that. Oh the joy of being 13 years old.

I was WORSE when I was 13. I'm actually 18.
  • edited June 2013
    Cooked myself some ham and chicken tonight, toasted cibata bread with cranberry sauce for the ham and a light spicy mustard with the chicken, with toasted tomatoes and swiss. SO GOOD.
  • edited June 2013
    I'm actually 18.

Then get a shitty Job you hate! :p
    It's more of this ridiculous notion of making games for people who don't play games. People who don't play games... don't play games.

They don't care if you play the games. They just care if you buy them.
    Square always demands quite high prices for their games. But if they base everything on in-appppppppp-purchases this time they are fucked. Because this thing is unplayable.
  • edited June 2013
    I like Solid Snake.
  • I’m 17. My job sucks.
  • edited June 2013

Oh man, oh man, oh man... I need to totally fuck with this. I don't really call people often, but when I do, it will be to talk about about a secret plot to install a llama as president.

Also, Fawful, I think you want this gif:

threw-it-on-the-ground.gif
  • edited June 2013
    I love the smiling family from Insidious. I just want to cuddle with them and send pictures of them to Remolay.

xOp.png
  • edited June 2013
    Why is it so hard to run from your past in fiction? It's piss easy in real life.
  • edited June 2013
    coolsome wrote: »
    Why is it so hard to run from your past in fiction? It's piss easy in real life.
    I've never been able to do this. I find the past always catches up to us in the end. Mind you, I've never really tried running from it. It sounds awfully tiring.
    It's Verizon's fault the government ordered it to share details?
  • edited June 2013
    Friar wrote: »
    I've never been able to do this. I find the past always catches up to us in the end. Mind you, I've never really tried running from it. It sounds awfully tiring.

It's Verizon's fault the government ordered it to share details?

It's their fault they said yes while I'M using their service.
  • edited June 2013
    Yo guys, guess what.

I just lost the game.
  • edited June 2013
    what happened?
  • edited June 2013
    NBA FINALS START TONIGHT! Time for some wings, beef and basketball!
  • edited June 2013
    Why do I keep working on this stupid game when I'll get no fucking recognition for it when it's done.

Adventure games are dead. Archaic. Nobody does that anymore. Why do I keep going.
  • edited June 2013
    Why do I keep working on this stupid game when I'll get no fucking recognition for it when it's done.

Adventure games are dead. Archaic. Nobody does that anymore. Why do I keep going.
    You just gotta believe
  • edited June 2013
    I BELIEVE that everyone and their grandmother believes what I just said so fuck off with telling me that's not how it is and I got to believe. I BELIEVE that I'm wasting my life on children's dreams when I could be working at a Wal-mart making money like a grown-ass man. That's what I BELIEVE.
  • edited June 2013
    I BELIEVE that everyone and their grandmother believes what I just said so fuck off with telling me that's not how it is and I got to believe. I BELIEVE that I'm wasting my life on children's dreams when I could be working at a Wal-mart making money like a grown-ass man. That's what I BELIEVE.

Just make the damn game or I'll kill you!

There. Motivation. Go do it.
  • edited June 2013
    No need to be so harsh just trying to motivate you
  • edited June 2013
    Oh god! I've got to call the police! My Minipops offers sent him over the edge!

I'm sorry Tomi...I'm such a perfectionist that when I can't keep up with the schedule I set for myself and the goals I set for myself, which FAR exceed my abilities, I get depressed and convinced I can't do it.

Because if I can't do an entire animated cutscene in a day/week, I've failed.
  • edited June 2013
    Oh god! I've got to call the police! My Minipops offers sent him over the edge!

I'm sorry Tomi...I'm such a perfectionist that when I can't keep up with the schedule I set for myself and the goals I set for myself, which FAR exceed my abilities, I get depressed and convinced I can't do it.

Because if I can't do an entire animated cutscene in a day/week, I've failed.

The greatest people always tend to be strict on themselves fawful.

I mean look at Stephen Fry. Amazingly talented individual, very successful but he struggles with bipolar disorder and depression, which makes him occasionally suicidal.
    But he's an excellent man for having the bravery and drive to pick himself back up (with some help of course) and continue with his ambitions. And also confront these issues when he can.
  • edited June 2013
    coolsome wrote: »
    No it's not. It's difficult in the extreme.

Tomi021 wrote: »
    You just gotta believe

I believe I can fly.

...I believe I can touch the sky. I think about it every night and day.
  • edited June 2013
    Johro wrote: »
    what happened?

I lost the game.
    1. Everyone in the world is playing The Game.
    2. Whenever one thinks about The Game, one loses.
    3. Losses must be announced to at least one person.

Therefore, you lost as well.
  • edited June 2013
    .....oookay.
  • edited June 2013
    Yeah, I lose the game fairly often, too. Like, right now, in fact.
  • edited June 2013

Because I've been watching as it gets better and better and I'm genuinely interested to play the finished game because it looks really good.

Also, it really would be a shame to let all that hard work go to waste. Even if you do finish it and it does go nowhere, you can at least be content that YOU MADE A GAME.

Plus, it'd look great on CVs.
  • edited June 2013
    I made a game once.
    When I was 14.
    It was called Bullet Brained Bob (B.O.B).
    It was a really crappy basic and glitchy top down shooter with only a handful of stupidly easy levels.
    Yet oddly enough 14 year old me was happy I made it! XD
    (I remember posting those early shitty games on the game maker forums and getting a lot of criticism, mostly constructive, yet it seemed as I got older and more aware of HOW to make a decent game, I just ended up not even bothering to make anything at all (just the ideas))
  • edited June 2013
    The darkest hour is always before the dawn.
  • Review of Joyland by Stephen King

I finished this book in three days. Usually a novel of a 250 page length would take me a little longer than that, but I was completely enwrapped in the plot. It successfully goes from being a murder mystery back to a coming-of-age drama at various points, and for those who are the more emotional, the ending really will make you cry.

Go out and give it a read. I guarantee that you will find it hard to put down.
  • edited June 2013
    YYus4xA.gifDjovKjB.gif
  • edited June 2013
    Hey all,
    I'm back on t'internet for the next week which can only mean one thing... um, what was it again?! Dag nab it, I can't remember! I'm pretty sure that it rhymed with 'Might of the Gamma-Ron's Spleen'...
    ronjeremyp.jpg
    "From the moment that mighty gamma-ray struck me; I could feel its power surge through to my spleen and all the way down to my love spuds."
    〜 Gamma-Ron
  • edited June 2013
    Yaay!!!! :d
  • edited June 2013
  • edited June 2013
    The walking arse of Winchester, whom I came to blows with when he tried to beat up his girlfriend on New Year's day, has been sentenced to 6 years in prison (which is a pretty good result). However, the local Hampshire newspaper has been using my name in print and on their website, which bothers me a bit. I would have rather remained as "anonymous".

I'm guessing that they're legally allowed to print the names of those relating to court cases?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2013
    No idea what the situation is in the UK. In Germany, this kind of writing would be a call your lawyer case. Not that it'd help much.

OH... and welcome back. Looking forward to the Night of the Ant on the Train thing. ;)
  • edited June 2013
    No idea what the situation is in the UK. In Germany, this kind of writing would be a call your lawyer case. Not that it'd help much.

It's not a huge deal, I don't want to kick up a fuss about it or anything. I'm a little bit peeved but mostly just curious as to whether they were actually entitled to do that or not.
    OH... and welcome back. Looking forward to the Night of the Ant on the Train thing. ;)

Is that what is was? I was thinking that it might have been 'Fight of the Babylon Submarine'!
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2013
    St_Eddie wrote: »
    It's not a huge deal, I don't want to kick up a fuss about it or anything. I'm a little bit peeved but mostly just curious as to whether they were actually entitled to do that or not.

I think they're allowed to print your name unless there are circumstances that mean you automatically get special protection (e.g. you're under 18), or the court orders that you remain anonymous. Reporting Restrictions in the Criminal Courts has a whole bunch of information.
    'Fight of the Babylon Submarine'

Yaaaaaaay!
  • edited June 2013
    Hey all,
    I'm back on t'internet for the next week which can only mean one thing... um, what was it again?! Dag nab it, I can't remember! I'm pretty sure that it rhymed with 'Might of the Gamma-Ron's Spleen'...
    ronjeremyp.jpg
    "From the moment that mighty gamma-ray struck me; I could feel its power surge through to my spleen and all the way down to my love spuds."
    〜 Gamma-Ron

That guy has two bachelors and a masters. Wut.
  • edited June 2013
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    I lost the game.
    1. Everyone in the world is playing The Game.
    2. Whenever one thinks about The Game, one loses.
    3. Losses must be announced to at least one person.

Therefore, you lost as well.

But see, in order to play the game, one has to recognize the game's legitimacy. If you were to call yourself the King of Garyland, I wouldn't have to recognize you as a monarch, so I don't have to play a game just because you say I am. I refuse to acknowledge the game, therefore I neither win nor lose.
  • edited June 2013
    Hell, just thinking about it is making me feel faint. Then again, I have a thing about fingers. I mean, when you play piano on a fairly regular basis, you grow to love each and every one of your fingers. The weird part is, I have no feelings about complete hands being lopped off... just fingers.

I went ice-skating with my Mum when I was a kid and fell over; only for my Mum to skate over my fingers! Crimson on pure white!
    Tomi021 wrote: »
    You just gotta believe
    parappaj.jpg
This discussion has been closed.