Beyond the Alley of the Dolls Speculation Thread

Comments

• edited July 2010
    And one more thing, Bosco is good. Do You really think that he would do such a thing?
  • edited July 2010
    http://www.telltalegames.com/
    Watch the trailer.
    CLONES are here to find TOYS - that must be the TOYS OF POWER.
    One man ( actually gorilla ) is obsessed with those toys. GENERAL SKUNKAPE!
    He must of send them to get all of the toys... but how did he menage to CLONE Sam?
    ANSWER : coming soon...
  • edited July 2010
    http://www.telltalegames.com/
    Watch the trailer.
    CLONES are here to find TOYS - that must be the TOYS OF POWER.
    One man ( actually gorilla ) is obsessed with those toys. GENERAL SKUNKAPE!
    He must of send them to get all of the toys... but how did he menage to CLONE Sam?
    ANSWER : coming soon...

Oh lord. Skunkape again would just be, unoriginal.
  • edited July 2010
    Maybe, but it must be someone from this season.
    Would Papierwaite be original?
    Perhaps Dr. Norrington...
  • edited July 2010
    But then, why should Dr. N. want the toys of power, just because they are powerful? I think that Dr. N. is somebody else... somebody we know...
    Kringle? What happened to him? Nobody knows...
  • edited July 2010
    But then, why should Dr. N. want the toys of power, just because they are powerful? I think that Dr. N. is somebody else... somebody we know...
    Kringle? What happened to him? Nobody knows...

Norrington clearly just wants to revive Yog-Soggoth. He doesn't care about how he gets to it.
  • edited July 2010
    I think that too. But is it true?
  • edited July 2010
    SKUNKAPE is the one...
  • edited July 2010
    I don't think that a friendly brain like Gordon would do such a thing.
  • edited July 2010
    I wonder if Gordon is the one controlling the clones rather than Dr. Norrington.
  • edited July 2010
    Or maybe Gordon is Dr.Norrington? Dr.Gordan Norrington!
  • edited July 2010
    Any narrator = villain speculation has died down now...I still think he's going to somehow step out of the narrating into where Sam and Max are for the episode cliffhanger.
  • edited July 2010
    Maybe Dr. N. is missing his brain - and that's GORDON!
  • edited July 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice that
    Bluster Blaster
    sounded like he was saying "I'll find Mortimer?" If that wasn't it, does anyone know what he actually WAS saying?

Who's Mortimer? Mortimer Norrington? :confused:

He actually says "ah fine, whatever!", as far as I can tell.
  • edited July 2010
    He actually says "ah fine, whatever!", as far as I can tell.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that what's he said, which makes more sense given the situation he was in.
  • edited July 2010
    Why would a machine care about that situation?
  • edited July 2010
    Why is girl Stinky so angry of Grandpa cuz he fired Sal?
  • edited July 2010
    SUPERBALL is back! YEEEEY
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah he is saying 'ah fine whatever'.
    Um rapanui, you should probably only post once and edit your previous post if uve got more to say k? :o
  • edited July 2010
    It simply has to be Dr. Norrington because Papierwaite was seen to be more of a pawn in 303 and Skunkape simply wants the toys because he's a power mad space ape who wants to galaxy under his ape thumb. Dr. Norrington I think also wants Yog-Soggoth back much like Papierwaite. Unless of course Dr. Norrington is a pawn of the narrator (Dun dun duuun).

EDIT: errr kinda off topic thar rapanuimaster...
  • edited July 2010
    Wouldn't it be fun if Conroy Bumpus is back? :D
  • edited July 2010
    Idk. Whoever made the clones knows about the Toys of Power and the kind of power they have.

Yet, they haven't gotten them, or a good number at least. The only people who have gotten their hands on a sizeable amount of toys are Sam and Max, Sameth and Maximus, Sammun-Mak, Paperweight, and Skun'Kape. We can rule the Sam and Max out obviously, Samth and Maximus are dead, Sammun-Mak is "incapacitated," Paperweight was surprised when the clones appeared, and Skun'Kape was trapped in the Penal Zone for a long time. So whoever made the clones hasn't made a prominent appearance or attempt at the toys yet, and has access to some advanced technology, given the massive cave had more machine than magic. I rule the Stinkies out since they were surprised by the clones and Grandpa Stinky seemed more than eager to get his shotgun.

Anyways, people who we've seen who have access to technology. Mama Bosco, Harry Moleman(he was in MB's lab and has a tunnel leading there...a tunnel from where?), Superball(being a high-ranking Secret Service agent is bound to get you access to some sweet stuff), Bosco(unlikely. Hasn't been seen and seems to be more of a MacGyver type inventor, a cloning machine seems a little out of his league).

However, it's possible the cloner has a level of Genre Savvy. Sam is the main player character, and is therefore the most powerful(plot-wise, not actual power) and influential being in the universe. Cloning such a person would obviously be very beneficial to whoever used them.

So putting this together, I'm looking for someone who knows about the toys of power, yet hasn't gotten their hands on them, has access to advanced technology, and has some level of Genre Savvy. Mama Bosco, Superball, and maybe Harry Moleman.

Mama Bosco seems to be a good choice. She has access to highly advanced technology, she's a spirit who as she mentioned can go between worlds so she may have had contact with either Yog-Soggoth or Norrington(possibilities only mind you). It's not completely out of question she has a cloning machine, and she also has the dimensional destabilizer, we she already stated has the possibility of bringing the Elder Gods to Sam and Max's world.

Superball is another possibility. He's a secret service agent, the government probably has some advanced technology, but a cloning machine seems to border on alien. However, the trailer shows he is able to resist mind reading at some level, he could be hiding something. He didn't seem too shocked about Skun'Kape(but then again, he's worked with Sam and Max in previous episodes, I doubt an alien gorilla is that big a stretch).

Harry Moleman is iffy. He doesn't seem to be the criminal mastermind he was in episode 103, and I'm not sure he can build something like a cloning machine. However, he is a moleman, and as a moleman probably has some knowledge of the Toys of Power. He also has access to Mama Bosco's lab via a tunnel. A tunnel that may I remind you leads to somewhere we don't know about.

Currently on this line of thinking, my picks would be Mama Bosco followed by Harry. Mama Bosco due to the possibility of meeting Norrington on the other side(not out of the question, Norrington seems to be very powerful, or at least has some level of power above Paperweight's if PW was working for him), however, being a spirit she doesn't seem to be able to actually touch anything to build it. Harry Moleman on the other hand can. Not only that, he's a moleman with possible knowledge of the toys, has been close to Sam multiple times(maybe enough to get a DNA sample?), was a villain in the past, and has a tunnel that we have no clues to where it leads. And I'm sure it might not be that difficult to sneak some parts from her lab when she's out.

Just random speculation on my part....erm...looking back, this turned out longer than I originally planned.
  • edited July 2010
    Also, excluding Harry Moleman since he showed up in previous seasons as a villain/friend can be disproven by point out
    the Soda Poppers

Actually, Harry's looking pretty good IMO for having something to do with the Sam clones.
  • edited July 2010
    Mama Bosco doesn't appear in the trailer and it seems Sam, Max, Superball and Harry Molemen are having a ghost summoning session so maybe she has passed on to the overside.
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah, Doctor Norrington probably did it.
  • edited July 2010
    Harry wasn't really much of a criminal mastermind in 103 either. More of a pawn for the late Agent Chuckles.

I do like the Momma Bosco + Norrington combo since she seemed somewhat manipulable/naive in 301 so perhaps she is being tricked into helping him or something.
  • edited July 2010
    In the trailer, Superball, Harry, Sam and Max appear to be performing a seance of some kind. Do you think they are somehow calling Mama Bosco back or summoning Dr. Norrington or what???
  • edited July 2010
    Idk. Whoever made the clones knows about the Toys of Power and the kind of power they have.

I think you're forgetting a few people, like Gordon (deceased, currently), Nefertiti, Obediah & Jebediah, the moleman elder, Kringle and the Narrator.
    tabstis wrote: »
    In the trailer, Superball, Harry, Sam and Max appear to be performing a seance of some kind. Do you think they are somehow calling Mama Bosco back or summoning Dr. Norrington or what???

I thought they were playing poker - possibly as a way of winning back the mindreading toy of power (which is obviously very prominent in this episode).
  • edited July 2010
    Why is girl Stinky so angry of Grandpa cuz he fired Sal?

That's why. But why is she upset that Sal got fired? That hasn't been officially revealed yet. (But personally, It think that they were lovebugs, if you'll pardon the expression.)
  • edited July 2010
    That's why. But why is she upset that Sal got fired? That hasn't been officially revealed yet. (But personally, It think that they were lovebugs, if you'll pardon the expression.)

I also think this.
  • edited July 2010
    In The Penal Zone, if you use the Nutri-Specs on Girl Stinky, Sam reveals that, besides the usual snark, coffee ice cream, fish and tar, she's chock full of... love!

...For me, I hope! :D

>_>
    <_<

A guy can dream...:mad::(
  • edited July 2010
    SmileMan64 wrote: »
    In The Penal Zone, if you use the Nutri-Specs on Girl Stinky, Sam reveals that, besides the usual snark, coffee ice cream, fish and tar, she's chock full of... love!

>_>
    <_<

The beauty is only outer-polygon skin deep, I'm afraid.
  • edited July 2010

I see what you did there.
  • edited July 2010
    I think you're forgetting a few people, like Gordon (deceased, currently), Nefertiti, Obediah & Jebediah, the moleman elder, Kringle and the Narrator.

Agh, true. Wrote that as everything came to me, so I probably missed/messed up some stuff.
  • edited July 2010
    SmileMan64 wrote: »

>_>
    <_<

Do you have a death wish? Going out with Stinky is the LAST THING I'd want to do.
  • edited July 2010
    That was my theory too, but I wasn't sure...
  • edited July 2010

Agh, true. Wrote that as everything came to me, so I probably missed/messed up some stuff.
    Nefertiti could do it... she wanted so much to kill Sammun - Mak, becouse she wanted to get rid of him...
  • edited July 2010

What about Jurgen? He could have made the Sams: He knows zombies. He has machines. Plenty of room in his Stuttgart digs. In 302 after he realized the toybox was gone from his trunk, he addressed Yog-Soggoth, saying "I failed you" and then said he would be avenged.
  • edited July 2010
    thom-22 wrote: »
    What about Jurgen? He could have made the Sams: He knows zombies. He has machines. Plenty of room in his Stuttgart digs. In 302 after he realized the toybox was gone from his trunk, he addressed Yog-Soggoth, saying "I failed you" and then said he would be avenged.

That's a good point that everyone has forgotten - Jurgen was worshipping Yog-Soggoth! On the other hand, Jurgen is kinda dead...
  • edited July 2010
    thom-22 wrote: »

Isn't he kinda dead-dead now?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.