Beyond the Alley of the Dolls Speculation Thread

Comments

• edited June 2010
    A this point Sam knows Norrington is a bad guy but Max thinks he's a good guy, I hoping for a little conflict next episode.

I think Norrington is really Yog-Soggoth.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm extremely excited for this episode, simply because we know almost nothing about the characters or locations. In previous episodes, we had an idea of where we were going and who we were meeting based on concept art and the trailer. We knew the museum was going to show up, we knew we'd be going to Sammun-Mak's tomb, we knew about the characters Sal and Papierwaite, etc. But what do we know about this episode, other than that there will be Sam clones? Nothing, and that has me excited.
  • edited June 2010
    I, too, think that Dr. Norrington and the Narrator are the same being. Maybe he is a transdimensional being that uses the Norrington persona to interact with Sam & Max's dimension ...

But I think the Sam clones are part of Momma Bosco's plan to reenter the physical realm.
  • edited June 2010
    Also, does anyone else think that
    Norrington might end up being someone we've seen before, like the Narrator or Foreign Guy?
    You're right, I do think Doctor Norrington will turn out to be somebody familiar:

250px-jamesnorrington800px.jpg

Commodore Doctor Norrington? :p

Haha, no. I'm not sure who Norrington is, and I'm not at all certain yet that he's the narrator. Of course that means I have no clue who he might actually be...
  • edited June 2010
    I don't think Norrington is the Narrator. They don't have the same voice actor.

My money's on this guy:

sammax12.gif
  • edited June 2010
    Maybe the Norrington is really LeChuck and all season is a giant crossover... it would explain things like Guybrush-style dancing perfomed by Sam... nah, just kidding :P

Anyway, I'm not convinced about that dance - it should mean that in near future Sam will dance like that... but it's almost impossible... he won't be dressed like at beginning of TSMB again and in vision he did...
  • edited June 2010
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    I don't think Norrington is the Narrator. They don't have the same voice actor.

My money's on this guy:

I'm thinking it could happily fit in with canon if Mac Salmon turned out to be Mr Spatula having been granted a body by unknown powers?
  • edited June 2010
    Varrok wrote: »
    Maybe the Norrington is really LeChuck and all season is a giant crossover... it would explain things like Guybrush-style dancing perfomed by Sam... nah, just kidding :P

Anyway, I'm not convinced about that dance - it should mean that in near future Sam will dance like that... but it's almost impossible... he won't be dressed like at beginning of TSMB again and in vision he did...

Hmm...

Dr. Norrington
    ->
    LeChuck Norrington
    ->
    Chuck Norris?
  • edited June 2010
    Narrator and Norrington's voice are both very similiar and perhaps Norrington's voice is distorted if he's speaking through dimensions?
  • edited June 2010
    serializer wrote: »
    I'm thinking it could happily fit in with canon if Salmon Mac turned out to be Mr Spatula having been granted a body by unknown powers?

But mr Spatula is dead, Ep 205 should clear that up pretty well.

I do hope it is mac salmon, it would be nice to see someone from the comics.
  • edited June 2010
    Since when does a character's death mean they're out of the series?
  • edited June 2010
    I'm thinking it could happily fit in with canon if Mac Salmon turned out to be Mr Spatula having been granted a body by unknown powers?

According to the audio commentary on the Season 2 DVD, Mr Spatula would have transformed into Mack Salmon in Moai Better Blues. In the end it didn't happen because Steve Purcell didn't want the origins of the character to be revealed in any way.
  • edited June 2010
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    According to the audio commentary on the Season 2 DVD, Mr Spatula would have transformed into Mack Salmon in Moai Better Blues. In the end it didn't happen because Steve Purcell didn't want the origins of the character to be revealed in any way.

... Or *did* he?
  • edited June 2010
    My guess is Norrington is actually... the commissioner! He has the same role as the commissioner in the last seasons and think about it, we don't really know all that much about either.
  • edited June 2010
    Norrington and Narrator. It does sound awfully similar.
  • edited June 2010
    Damn you Americans! Just because two voices have no accent, they are posh and so similar they could be the same? They have different voices in the credits and having been around non-American people all my life, I can safely say they sound different to me.
  • edited June 2010
    I think Norrington and the Narrator are the same too.

Even if they use 2 different voice-actors, that wouldn't exclude it. It has happened before, when they start speaking with both during the big reveal and all...
  • edited June 2010
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    Damn you Americans! Just because two voices have no accent, they are posh and so similar they could be the same? They have different voices in the credits and having been around non-American people all my life, I can safely say they sound different to me.
    Geez, you need to calm down. There's no need to curse at the entire population of the United States.

Although the voices DO sound somewhat similar to American ears, you're right to say that they are subtly different. I, too, think the Norrington-is-the-Narrator theory is spurious, and based on very little actual evidence. But at the moment, it's just as good as any other theory about who Norrington really is.

PS: Andrew Chaikin, who voices the Narrator, is an American. I don't know about the guy who played Norrington.
  • edited June 2010
    Have we forgotten about Sal who obviously lied that he was fired because grandpa Stinky didn't like cockroaches around food. Sal can still be the villain in episode 304, if you remember Moma Bosco's power core when Sam said "That is a question for another episode" and 3 episodes have already past so it must be the next episode or the final. And one more thing: Sal and the two Stinky's have been in the villain's lineup, and if I do remember correctly everyone from the villain lineup even those who we thought where good after all where bad guys(Amelia Earhart, Papierwitte,etc...), so I think that Sal, The dummy and the Stinky's will be villain's in the next episode. Did I just wright all that? :O
  • edited June 2010
    how was
    the statue of max in303 evil?
  • edited June 2010
    Have we forgotten about Sal who obviously lied that he was fired because grandpa Stinky didn't like cockroaches around food. Sal can still be the villain in episode 304, if you remember Moma Bosco's power core when Sam said "That is a question for another episode" and 3 episodes have already past so it must be the next episode or the final. And one more thing: Sal and the two Stinky's have been in the villain's lineup, and if I do remember correctly everyone from the villain lineup even those who we thought where good after all where bad guys(Amelia Earhart, Papierwitte,etc...), so I think that Sal, The dummy and the Stinky's will be villain's in the next episode. Did I just wright all that? :O
    Sal wasn't lying.
    Girl Stinky technically IS food, remember?
    :p
    They're dating, in case you haven't figured it out yet. Sal is the mystery "Mr. S" from The Penal Zone.
  • edited June 2010

Nefretitti is in the villain line-up, along with the rest of her family, and I wouldn't call them "bad guys..."

EDIT: By the way, you used many words that sound the same as the words you meant to say, like "wright" instead of "write."

EDIT 2: Actually, that looks like that was the only time you did that in that paragraph. Sorry about that, but it still looked odd.
  • edited June 2010
    ATMachine wrote: »
    Geez, you need to calm down. There's no need to curse at the entire population of the United States.(1)

Although the voices DO sound somewhat similar to American ears, you're right to say that they are subtly different. I, too, think the Norrington-is-the-Narrator theory is spurious, and based on very little actual evidence. But at the moment, it's just as good as any other theory about who Norrington really is.

PS: Andrew Chaikin, who voices the Narrator, is an American.(2) I don't know about the guy who played Norrington.

1) There's a difference between "damn you Americans!" and "damn ALL Americans!" I was cursing those in the thread that thought the narrator and Dr Norrington could be the same person, seeing as it's unusual for them to hear two British accents in the same (American) game.

2) That appears relevant, yet it isn't. No matter where he's from, the voice of the narrator does not have any trace of accent.

On another irrelevancy, he also voices both Papierwaite and Coronado de Cava in TMI. Despite one supposedly being French and the other being Spanish, the accents are pretty close, the way Kid Beyond does it. Make of that what you will, my friend. I'm heading off to bed now, so until next time, sleep well.
  • edited June 2010
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    On another irrelevancy, he also voices both Papierwaite and Coronado de Cava in TMI. Despite one supposedly being French and the other being Spanish, the accents are pretty close, the way Kid Beyond does it. Make of that what you will, my friend. I'm heading off to bed now, so until next time, sleep well.

I think is more both have a similar pitch but different accent. Coronado's Accent was flawless, even with the Broken Spanish he shouted some times. At least for me.
  • edited June 2010
    Oh yeah that reminds me! You all said max was the mastermind behind the whole series's villains. It was the sammun mak statue in the villain lineup. So quick to jump to conclusions....

Vally of the dolls? hmmm well, I guess.... Sam clones are.... dolls? I have absolutly no idea. Not sure what happened to skunkape but it looks like paiperwaite is fine.
  • edited June 2010
    All? Pretty sure it was just me, and I wasn't being serious.

The giant Max feet were suspected to be a giant Max. And, seeing 301's future vision, that still cannot be ruled out IMO.
    (Why would inamate feet line the line-up after all? Maybe they just used them there since the asset was available and would fit nicely?)
  • edited June 2010
    A(Why would inamate feet line the line-up after all? Maybe they just used them there since the asset was available and would fit nicely?)

Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows. All the people seem to suspect the Narrator, and he's not in the line up at all!
  • edited June 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows. All the people seem to suspect the Narrator, and he's not in the line up at all!

so, neither is yod-sogoth or skun'kape's minions.
  • edited June 2010
    The reason we thought that was the future visions of the newspaper saying "president max goes on rampage," and Sam calling out to Max, "No, Max! Not the Chrysler building!"
  • edited June 2010
    (Why would inamate feet line the line-up after all? Maybe they just used them there since the asset was available and would fit nicely?)

Giant max asset = max asset scaled up

What I'm saying is, it's not a new asset.
  • edited June 2010
    Giant max asset = max asset scaled up

What I'm saying is, it's not a new asset.

nor a new hassat.
  • edited June 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »

He could be the series' surprise villain, like
    Hugh Bliss not having his moon-face on the episode icons
    . Or the line-up could just be a line-up of prominent characters. Remember,
    Jurgen may have ditched you in the tomb
    but that makes him more of a moderate annoyance than a villain proper.
  • edited June 2010
    He could be the series' surprise villain, like
    Hugh Bliss not having his moon-face on the episode icons
    . Or the line-up could just be a line-up of prominent characters. Remember,
    Jurgen may have ditched you in the tomb
    but that makes him more of a moderate annoyance than a villain proper.

Also, even though the voices of Norrington and the Narrator are different, they speak in a similar fashion. Norrington's "Well done," to Max when Sam gets one of the Accessories mirror's the Narrator's "Well done" when the player first uses Telaportation in The Penal Zone. They also both say "Only you can save the world," or something to that extent. Maybe they aren't the same character; maybe the Narrator's a red herring that Telltale set up in advance. Whatever it is, I can't wait to see the Alley of the Dolls.
  • edited June 2010
    Well at the end of they stole maxes brain sam says he has a dream about "What haappened at the end of the episode" and he states. "uh max shoudnt i be waking up about now? when hes being cornerd
  • edited June 2010
    Norrington still could be the Narrator, or a relation to the Narrator, or some sort of parallel Narrator.
  • edited June 2010
    are you suggesting a paperwaite game?
  • edited June 2010
    Also, even though the voices of Norrington and the Narrator are different, they speak in a similar fashion. Norrington's "Well done," to Max when Sam gets one of the Accessories mirror's the Narrator's "Well done" when the player first uses Telaportation in The Penal Zone. They also both say "Only you can save the world," or something to that extent. Maybe they aren't the same character; maybe the Narrator's a red herring that Telltale set up in advance. Whatever it is, I can't wait to see the Alley of the Dolls.

Gordon Brain also repeated a lot of the same phrases. Maybe he's Norrington?
  • edited June 2010
    Well, the Pharaoh said the brains with the gift cannot die, which make me wonder what happened exactly with Gordon after all.
  • edited June 2010
    About the villian lineup:
    1) technically the moles stood in your way and eventually killed Sameth and Maximus which for both reasons they could be considered villains

2) The giant max in the lineup is the giant Sammun-mak statue next to Stinky's from They Stole Max's Brain so that represents Sammun-mak, who was a villain

3) As for Sal, Charlie Hotep, and the Stinkys being villains, we will see
  • edited June 2010
    I actually think Charlie IS Norrington, or at least, being used by him to be in reality. I mean, if what people speculate of him being Yog-Soggoth or the Narrator is true, he's not in 'our' world, right?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.