The First Great Sam & Max Race of 2010

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I just wanna ask a question before I say sign me up. Do we HAVE to record our playthroughs and broadcast them? Because I don't think I'll be able to. But I have a timer on my watch that I can keep track of times with, if that's acceptable. And if we do choose to play Hit The Road, too, does that have to go first, or can it go after all the Telltale games?

Broadcasting is not required, though it's highly recommended and very fun. Also, Procaster broadcasts live, so you don't have to record or anything. If you don't want to, that's fine, just make your start and finish posts here and use your stopwatch to time yourself.

And I'm going to say you can play Hit the Road at any stage in the competition.
  • edited July 2010
    Are console versions allowed? becuase i have season 3 on ps3 and season 2 on wii and i will get season 1 on wii
  • edited July 2010
    Well, we allowed the PS2 version of Escape from Monkey Island in the other race, so I don't see why not here. However, if there's anyone who has both the PC and console versions, I'd appreciate it if they could let us know what differences there are between versions (including credit length), if there are any.
  • edited July 2010
    i'm in
  • edited July 2010
    Broadcasting is not required, though it's highly recommended and very fun. Also, Procaster broadcasts live, so you don't have to record or anything. If you don't want to, that's fine, just make your start and finish posts here and use your stopwatch to time yourself.

And I'm going to say you can play Hit the Road at any stage in the competition.

Well, the problem is that I only have console copies, so that pretty much renders using computer software moot. But anyway, I just discovered I'm going to be away during September, which is probably when this thing is going to be taking place, so I won't be able to join in, anyway. Oh well. ^_^ Perhaps next time, if there is a next time. ^_^
  • edited July 2010
    There'll probably be a next time. We just finished up the third iteration of the Monkey Island race and already plan to do another in December, so I'm fairly certain we'll do Sam & Max again as well.
  • edited July 2010
    GURU! Update the broadcast details!
  • edited July 2010
    But I'm lazy! I'm still updating the Monkey Island thread with the aftermath of that race, so I think you can cut me a little slack. Running one of these things is exhausting work!
  • edited July 2010
    But I'm lazy! I'm still updating the Monkey Island thread with the aftermath of that race, so I think you can cut me a little slack. Running one of these things is exhausting work!

Let alone two! I don't really care, just so long as its there before the race begins!

(btw, you're doing an amazing job continually checking times and adding them up)
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks. This last race was absolutely nuts, so it's nice to hear I'm doing an okay job of it.

And participating in said race makes it that much more exhausting! I'm actually reconsidering entering into the Sam & Max race, but I just don't know if I'm up for doing another race so soon, especially one where I don't have all the games practically memorized.
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks. This last race was absolutely nuts, so it's nice to hear I'm doing an okay job of it.

And participating in said race makes it that much more exhausting! I'm actually reconsidering entering into the Sam & Max race, but I just don't know if I'm up for doing another race so soon, especially one where I don't have all the games practically memorized.

just do it for fun anyway!
  • edited July 2010
    Ah, finally! Definitely want to do this since I had to skip the MI race. I'll do Hit the Road as well: I actually like it slightly better than Telltale's games. (Is it okay to say that here?)

I'm in! I'll use the same livestream account as with last year's Monkey Island race: http://www.livestream.com/hagmo

The channel name "A Great Adventure Game Race" is a natural development from "The Great MI Race 2009" to "A Great MI Race" (when I thought I was going to participate in more Monkey Island races) to "A Great Adventure Game Race" (when Sam & Max entered the scene).
  • edited July 2010
    I wonder if we would ever do a complete Telltale race through ever Telltale game they've released :eek:
  • edited July 2010
    That's a scary thought. That'd be our most prohibitive race yet, though. Even I still don't own Bone (which is funny, since I was a huge fan of the comic), Puzzle Agent, and 3/4 of Wallace and Gromit. I don't think we could include the CSI games, and I don't know much about Telltale Texas Hold 'Em, but I imagine it's not exactly "beatable" in the conventional sense.
  • edited July 2010
    Hey, can I contribute a prize? It's just episode 3 of wallace & gromit, though I might talk to haggis about anything else!
  • edited July 2010
    Hey, can I contribute a prize? It's just episode 3 of wallace & gromit, though I might talk to haggis about anything else!

Do we know what prize Telltale has contributed for the previous race? The episode 3 of Wallace and Gromit might be a good prize but if Telltale agree to offer a prize for this one, it might be more interesting.
  • edited July 2010
    I PMed Jake yesterday to let him know I'd have a winner for him by Thursday morning, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Also, I really felt uncomfortable asking, and I wouldn't have if it hadn't been for Nikki offering to contribute something while she was still with Telltale, and then suggesting that I ask Jake and Yare once she had left.
  • edited July 2010
    Still, it will be interesting to see what they offer.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm in, and gonna bring up the rear (I haven't played 105 or any of season 2 yet :p)
    Will hopefully be able to stream it over at the now mistitled http://www.livestream.com/doodmonkey
  • edited July 2010
    Count me in, I will try the live stream thing.Though it will be quite tough with season 3 on ps3. Also it using gametap for launching the older seasons okay?
  • edited July 2010
    Gametap is fine, and you don't have to stream season 3 if you don't want to or just plain can't.
  • edited July 2010
    i cant find season 1 anywhere T-T i meant the wii version .. i dont know how to buy it from steam

i got season 2 for wii and i played the whole season its great =)
    i got season 3 for PS3 and i payed for the whole season so i played every episode =P except for episode 5
  • edited July 2010
    All right, I'm in. I'll set up a livestream (that is provided i can figure out how the magic works) and also I'll include Hit the Road even if it's not required.
  • edited July 2010
    The only difference in the console versions, arent too much a of a big difference, only the curson doens't move as fast as the mouse, so if you play the console versions let me or Guru know about it, so we can do the appropriate adjustments to the rules of console.
  • edited July 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    The only difference in the console versions, arent too much a of a big difference, only the curson doens't move as fast as the mouse, so if you play the console versions let me or Guru know about it, so we can do the appropriate adjustments to the rules of console.

Don't forget that with the Wii version of Season 2, the final credits sequence for What's New, Beelzebub is significantly shortened due to technical limitations.
  • edited July 2010
    c'mon, guys, we need to get a move on with this! GET ENTHUSIASTIC!
  • edited July 2010
    I have to admit that I'm somewhat excited and enthusiastic about this.
  • edited July 2010
    Gogeta504 wrote: »
    i cant find season 1 anywhere T-T i meant the wii version .. i dont know how to buy it from steam

It's fairly simple. First Download Steam then Buy the Game. If you only have a Mac you'll have to repurchase the Wii Version or get the Xbox 360 Version.
  • edited July 2010
    For that matter, why not buy directly from Telltale?
  • edited July 2010
    I hate to sound repetitive and annoying but don't forget to update the first post with the broadcast info and prizes (like mine) before the race!
  • edited July 2010
    Prizes?
  • edited July 2010
    So I have to play through all the games, in order, from start to finish, with no hints, and post here after beating each one? And in the exact correct order? THIS IS TOO FREAKIN' EASY!

Just to be clear, do I have to give you a document or anything? Something to prove that I finished the game?
  • edited July 2010
    Prizes?

Free Sam and Max T-Shirt? Copy of the animated series DVD? a copy of Surfin the Highway? A free set of buttons? a case file from Season one or two? A highway surfing poster? The Season soundtracks?
    Just a few suggestions.
  • edited July 2010
    I'll join, if I don't have to play HTR(don't have either) Also, I'll be playing S3 on console. I hope to at least stream Seasons 1 and 2, but I might not be able to stream S3(and if I did, it would be an "off-screen" stream).
  • edited July 2010
    Prizes?

I'd go for some kind of merchandise bundle if you can get Telltale to provide one - what did they give for the monkey island race?
  • edited July 2010
    Prizes?

How about one of those new Comic-Con shirts?
  • edited July 2010
    Let's all Sing-along to King of the Creatures!

Bumpus: I remember my childhood in Brighton...
    When dear old Dad would bounce me on his knee
    He'd say 'Son, there ain't nothin' as excitin'
    As exposing beasts to inhumanity
    That's- why- I'm-

Bumpus: Happy to be King of the Creatures!
    I'm proud to be the Lord of the Odd!
    I love collecting things with grotesque features!
    It makes me feel like some Chaldean God.

Bumpus: Oh, I trapped my first tiger before I could speak.
    Killed me a bear when I was three!
    And now with this Bigfoot and giraffe-necked freak
    I finally have a full menagerie!
    {spoken} Hit it boys!

The Animals: That's- why- he's-
    Happy being feared by the fauna
    Jazzed just being Czar of the Bizarre
    None of us can leave though we all wanna

Bumpus: Oh it's tough to be a country western star...
    The Animals: Oh-, ye-ah-...

It's the greatest Jazz song ever!
  • edited July 2010
    For that matter, why not buy directly from Telltale?

That would be a lot simpler if he had a PC. But if he doesn't have a PC (s)he'll have to get the Wii Version
  • edited July 2010

Oh yes please! :D
  • edited July 2010

funny-pictures-racoon-yes.jpg
Sign in to comment in this discussion.