The First Great Sam & Max Race of 2010

1141516171820»

Comments

• edited October 2010
    is anyone ready for the first fun run to be seen
  • edited October 2010
    Seibert, quit trying to run my race. Also, Blooglspash is a girl.

Bloog, if it's doable for you, 2 pm GMT is the time that will probably work best for as many different locales as possible. If not, try something else, but your best bet is still to plan something out ahead of time.

Pravetz, no. Also, I'm still not making you a mod.
  • edited October 2010
    Pravetz, no. Also, I'm still not making you a mod.

Fine! -hmph- I guess you can lie to our dear friends at Telltale if you want...
    Also...
    Butzimaaksagudmodd!
  • edited October 2010
    Seibert, quit trying to run my race. Also, Blooglspash is a girl.

Bloog, if it's doable for you, 2 pm GMT is the time that will probably work best for as many different locales as possible. If not, try something else, but your best bet is still to plan something out ahead of time.

What?! Anyway, I think 2:00 or 3:00 on Sunday may be doable. I'll decide later in the week, (I won't decide on Sunday this time). Also, I plan on restarting the fun run.
  • edited October 2010
    i told you blooglspash was a man (or is he)
  • edited October 2010
    Okay, I'ma be honest. I accidentally saw the real names of everyone who did MI fun runs in the Livestream studio (except Mandahaya, who signed up as "don't know", and doodinthemood, who signed up as "Dood Inthemood"), so if Blooglspash is a guy, either this is the first time I've ever seen a guy with that name or he picked a really strange false name to sign up with. Either way, if I'm wrong, I apologize. Also, I apologize to everyone whose names I saw.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm just confirming the time I stated earlier, 2:00 PM GMT at www.livestream.com/blooglspash.
  • edited October 2010
    i am already on his streaming right now
  • edited October 2010
    Oops I forgot! I'll do the next race.
  • edited October 2010
    blooglspash is late for his own fun run
  • edited October 2010
    is blooglspash not doing his screening now
  • edited October 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    is blooglspash not doing his screening now

I'm really sorry, Seibert. I meant the time I stated earlier, which was SUNDAY 2:00 PM GMT. I should have clarified that. :o
  • edited October 2010
    Okay, it's time for the Sam and Max Hit the Road fun run! I'll start when someone else joins me at www.livestream.com/blooglspash.
  • edited October 2010
    i need this thing done so the other runs will actually happen (?*() i have to have someone to do do this fun run so i can do my fun run and everyone else can do there fun run)
    p.s. maybe we should skip the hit the road fun run
  • edited October 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    i need this thing done so the other runs will actually happen (?*() i have to have someone to do do this fun run so i can do my fun run and everyone else can do there fun run)
    p.s. maybe we should skip the hit the road fun run

firstly, that was so confusing for no real reason I can figure out. maybe because hit the road fun run is too many one sylabble words for my mind.

secondly, no rush. we want to finish before the next race starts, so that gives us two months.
  • edited October 2010
    but are only sam and max hit the road fun run (i just did more long syllable words) has quit
    EDIT:sorry about that, i just think that it will take a while until every can do there assigned fun run
  • edited October 2010
    Okay, I'll try to do it next weekend. I'll explain later today when I have more time.
  • edited October 2010
    Could I also do 102 since no one else has please? I bought Seasons 1 and 2 a week or so ago.
  • edited October 2010
    i could also do it, i got season 1 at the sale
  • edited October 2010
    Nintomster wrote: »
    Could I also do 102 since no one else has please? I bought Seasons 1 and 2 a week or so ago.

First, WayneBrady already asked. Second, what? You mean you didn't have the games when you played the race?
  • edited October 2010
    I'm starting to wish I'd never proposed the fun run idea. It sounds completely awesome in theory, but in practice it's a huge pain in the neck that never works out.
  • edited October 2010
    mabey we should skip hit the road
  • edited October 2010
    Hit the Road isn't the issue. The difference between the race runs and the fun runs is that the fun runs are entirely for the audience, which means that they have to be scheduled at a time when as many people as possible can watch. Since people on here are from all over the world, that can be a problem. Basically, it'd be really fun if we could get everyone together at once, but the scheduling is a nightmare.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm sort of happy it's getting postponed as I don't want to be the one postponing it when it's my turn.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm sort of happy it's getting postponed as I don't want to be the one postponing it when it's my turn.

I know how you feel, too bad I'm in that exact situation. :rolleyes:
  • edited October 2010
    Wait, I'm the one holding up the Monkey Island race, aren't I?

Crap.

Eh, oh well, everyone who cared has probably forgotten about it by now.
  • edited October 2010
    First, WayneBrady already asked. Second, what? You mean you didn't have the games when you played the race?

Oh. Never knew. Yes, I did have the games. Seasons 1 and 2 on XBLA, Season 3 on PC. I just bought Seasons 1 and 2 on PC in the "Meet the Players" sale.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm starting to wish I'd never proposed the fun run idea. It sounds completely awesome in theory, but in practice it's a huge pain in the neck that never works out.

Yeah. There's also the fact that some people (myself included if I can't resist the temptation of wasting time on all the jokes) are basically doing the fun run already during the race.
  • edited October 2010
    I think people would be upset if I canned the fun runs, but I think from now on I'll take a hands-off approach to them. I'll take down names for who's doing what game, but once the race is over, you'd all be on your own for organizing it.
  • edited October 2010
    Well, I'll on doing the now Halloween Sam and Max Hit the Road Fun Run on SUNDAY, October 31st 2:00 PM GMT.
    Wait, I'm the one holding up the Monkey Island race, aren't I?

Crap.

Eh, oh well, everyone who cared has probably forgotten about it by now.

Yeah, I saw your first attempt at the Curse Fun Run, and can always play it myself. I never forgot about it, I just didn't want to bug you about it.
  • edited October 2010
    i can believe it is Halloween where i am
  • edited October 2010
    Okay, it's time to start the Sam and Max Hit the Road Halloween Fun Run. Come Join me at www.livestream.com/blooglspash!
  • edited October 2010
    Forget it. After 1 hour and 10 minutes of waiting, I've decided that I will try again next weekend.
  • edited October 2010
    For the love of god, maybe people don't show up because you spend an hour waiting for people to show up instead of just playing and narrating and hoping people show up, and recording the stream so people can watch it later.
  • edited November 2010
    Sam & Max is so many episodes compared to Monkey Island, which is only 9 segments. Getting through Sam and Max is just that much harder to pull off.
  • edited November 2010
    For the love of god, maybe people don't show up because you spend an hour waiting for people to show up instead of just playing and narrating and hoping people show up, and recording the stream so people can watch it later.

I don't have a microphone, so I can't really narrate, which means that if I streamed with nobody there and someone watches it later, it would be just like watching a Youtube Playthough. If that's what you really want, you don't need to wait for me to do it. Fine, next time I'll start when nobody's there and hope someone shows up.
  • edited November 2010
    I won't have time for the fun run this weekend, sorry!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.