The First Great Sam & Max Race of 2010

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Hmm... Aren't the comic con tshirts... backordered? :confused:
  • edited July 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    I'd go for some kind of merchandise bundle if you can get Telltale to provide one - what did they give for the monkey island race?

No idea. Jake said he would "get something together" when I told him doodinthemood was the winner, and dood hasn't heard from him yet. All I know is we got something from Telltale via Jake. Even if he gets an old napkin Grossman used at lunch, it's still better than I could've hoped for. And again, I really don't feel comfortable asking, but if you guys insist...

But I was really asking what The Highway was talking about when he mentioned prizes, as though we already have something.
  • edited July 2010
    Are you guys okay with me running Strong Bad's Cool Race For Attractive People? We could do it after the Sam and Max Race.
  • edited July 2010
    But I was really asking what The Highway was talking about when he mentioned prizes, as though we already have something.

well, i offered an episode of Muzzled... and im talking to haggis to see if we can procure something from Cultural Zest...
  • edited July 2010
    well, i offered an episode of Muzzled...

Which everybody and his brother already owns. I myself have three free copies from three different occasions.
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah I agree. Not Muzzled. Maybe an episode coupon? Or an episode which has not been repeatedly given away for free?
  • edited July 2010
    Nintomster wrote: »
    Yeah I agree. Not Muzzled. Maybe an episode coupon? Or an episode which has not been repeatedly given away for free?

haha, yeah... i dunno, i looked at my games page and saw that at the top as a gift and i didnt even think how many people must have it!
  • edited July 2010
    I like prizes as much as the next one, but I'm not sure we should expect Telltale to provide any. I'm perfectly happy to just run the race and uphold whatever bragging rights I get. ;)
    So I have to play through all the games, in order, from start to finish, with no hints, and post here after beating each one? And in the exact correct order? THIS IS TOO FREAKIN' EASY!

If you mean it's too easy to cheat, then that's another reason for not having too fancy prizes. So far we've used an honour system when measuring the times, i.e. you time yourself and post your results in this thread. But it's recommended that you broadcast everything on livestream if you play on PC, because it's lots of fun and easier to document.

Hit the Road is optional, but I think you do have to play the Telltale seasons in order.

I think most of this info is in the first post of the thread, or it will be when the race is about to start.

And if you really think this is so easy, I'll gladly accept the challenge. ;)
  • edited July 2010
    My stream for this race will be http://www.livestream.com/caeska
    Come on get to updating the first post, Guru. Chop chop.
  • edited July 2010
    harald wrote: »
    If you mean it's too easy to cheat, then that's another reason for not having too fancy prizes. So far we've used an honour system when measuring the times, i.e. you time yourself and post your results in this thread. But it's recommended that you broadcast everything on livestream if you play on PC, because it's lots of fun and easier to document
    I meant it's too easy for me to do. I memorized how to beat every single episode, so much so that I don't really need to practice.
  • edited July 2010
    what if you dont have seasons 1 and 2
  • edited July 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »

If you don't, you're S.O.L.
  • edited July 2010
    good thing i made a season 3 race
  • edited July 2010

Where is it? I may participate but I don't know if I'll have time after doing this race and the SBCR4AP.
  • edited July 2010
    how many days sbcr4ap after this race is
  • edited July 2010

You could have gotten them both for $20 during the Comic-Con sale. It's too late now though. :(
  • edited July 2010
    how many days sbcr4ap after this race is

I don't know yet. I'll probably decide during the Sam and Max Race.
  • edited July 2010
    Where is it? I may participate but I don't know if I'll have time after doing this race and the SBCR4AP.

here it is http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18637
  • edited July 2010
    Meh, I really don't have the time in early september after 305 comes out and really don't want to replay Season 3, so I just did Culture Shock to see how long it would take me and will do the rest of 1 and 2 too. 48:51, http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8642906.
  • edited July 2010

no, bad thing.
  • edited July 2010
    A bit pointless for a season 3 race I think. A lot of people I believe will have all the seasons on wii, xbox, ps3 and computer.

Another question. I will post my progress on this forum for seasons one and two. I could do livestream for season 3. Although I don't know how. Just before anyone can help (if it is not too late) can I set the broadcast times for when I get to season 3? Or is it better if I do times now? It would be harder to guess times, I have school so I could only do it after school if I have nothing else to do so I don't know when I will finish season one and two.
  • edited July 2010
    I think most of us haven't planned exactly when they're going to play/broadcast yet, since the race isn't supposed to start until some time after episode 5 is out.

And livestream is easy to use. Just check out http://www.livestream.com and download their Procaster application and you shouldn't have many problems.
  • edited July 2010
    As far as prizes go let's wait and see how this race turns out, and well if it turns out good then the second one I will add a prize or something let's just wait and see.
  • edited August 2010
    Right, thanks harald. I might livestream season 3 now. We'll see though.
  • edited August 2010
    Based on some posts in the SBCR4AP thread, I've come up with names for the achievements.

Surfin' the Highway (Fastest time on Hit the Road)
    World Savior (Fastest Time on Save the World)
    4th Dimension Traveler (Fastest Time on Beyond Time and Space)
    Speak of the Devil (Fastest Time on The Devil's Playhouse)
    Culture Cultist (Fastest Time on Culture Shock)
    Situation Under Control (Fastest Time on Situation: Comedy)
    Stick It To the Mob (Fastest Time on The Mole, the Mob and the Meatball)
    Expedient Election (Fastest time on Abe Lincoln Must Die)
    A Grip on Reality (Fastest Time on Reality 2.0)
    Always Look on the Bright Side (Fastest Time on Bright Side of the Moon)
    Merry Exorcist-mas (Fastest Time on Ice Station Santa)
    Welcome to Paradise (Fastest Time on Moai Better Blues)
    Zoom Zoom Zombie (Fastest Time on Night of the Raving Dead)
    Chariots of Fire (Fastest Time on Chariots of the Dogs)
    The Speed Devil (Fastest time on What's New, Beelzebub?)
    One Swift Stroke (Fastest time on The Penal Zone)
    Tomb Raider (Fastest time on The Tomb of Sammun-Mak)
    They Beat Max's Time! (Fastest Time on They Stole Max's Brain)
    Put your Toys Away (Fastest Time on Beyond the Alley of the Dolls)
    Max Destruction (Fastest Time on The City That Dares Not Sleep)
    Speedy Sam (Fastest Completion Altogether)
    First to the Finish (First Person to Finish the Race Completely)
  • edited August 2010
    And I've been trying to think up achievement names for the last two days. Good job though, that list is really good!
  • edited August 2010
    Based on some posts in the SBCR4AP thread, I've come up with names for the achievements.

Surfin' the Highway (Fastest time on Hit the Road)
    World Savior (Fastest Time on Save the World)
    4th Dimension Traveler (Fastest Time on Beyond Time and Space)
    Speak of the Devil (Fastest Time on The Devil's Playhouse)
    Culture Cultist (Fastest Time on Culture Shock)
    Situation Under Control (Fastest Time on Situation: Comedy)
    Stick It To the Mob (Fastest Time on The Mole, the Mob and the Meatball)
    Expedient Election (Fastest time on Abe Lincoln Must Die)
    A Grip on Reality (Fastest Time on Reality 2.0)
    Always Look on the Bright Side (Fastest Time on Bright Side of the Moon)
    Merry Exorcist-mas (Fastest Time on Ice Station Santa)
    Welcome to Paradise (Fastest Time on Moai Better Blues)
    Zoom Zoom Zombie (Fastest Time on Night of the Raving Dead)
    Chariots of Fire (Fastest Time on Chariots of the Dogs)
    The Speed Devil (Fastest time on What's New, Beelzebub?)
    One Swift Stroke (Fastest time on The Penal Zone)
    Tomb Raider (Fastest time on The Tomb of Sammun-Mak)
    They Beat Max's Time! (Fastest Time on They Stole Max's Brain)
    Put your Toys Away (Fastest Time on Beyond the Alley of the Dolls)
    Max Destruction (Fastest Time on The City That Dares Not Sleep)
    Speedy Sam (Fastest Completion Altogether)
    First to the Finish (First Person to Finish the Race Completely)

You could at least give me and caska some credit. ;) Great list though, I would change the last one to something like "Speed to the Max!".
  • edited August 2010
    You could at least give me and caska some credit. ;) Great list though, I would change the last one to something like "Speed to the Max!".

*Disclaimer: This list is not completely Original. A Few Entries were donated by caeska and BlooglSpash

There. Happy?
  • edited August 2010
    *Disclaimer: This list is not completely Original. A Few Entries were donated by caeksa and BloogleSplash

There. Happy?

No. None of you spelled my name correctly.
  • edited August 2010
    POST. Just so this won't be ignored when it comes time to do the race.
  • edited August 2010
    Boy, this thread has had little or no activity. So, anything else to discuss?
  • edited August 2010
    Boy, this thread has had little or no activity. So, anything else to discuss?
    How about we decide who will do what for the For-Fun playthroughs.
    I call doing Hit the Road for the For-Fun Playthroughs!
    BTW How do you put things under your posts?
  • edited August 2010
    How do you put things under your posts?

Go into your "User Control Panel"(User CP), then "Edit Signature".
  • edited August 2010
    Go into your "User Control Panel"(User CP), then "Edit Signature".

Thanks, does anyone else want to claim an episode?
  • edited August 2010
    Okay, I've been slacking. Would you guys check the OP and make sure there's not anything else I still need to edit in?
  • edited August 2010
    Okay, I've been slacking. Would you guys check the OP and make sure there's not anything else I still need to edit in?

We all know how much work running these things are, you're doing a great job. The only thing I can think of right now is to update the list of participants with links to livestreams for the people who have set up their accounts on the OP.
  • edited August 2010

Maybe when you get the chance, you could name the achievements from that list that I (and caeska and Blooglspash) gave you.
  • edited August 2010
    I volunteer to do Beyond the Alley of the Dolls in the fun playthroughs
  • edited August 2010
    Ooh, I'd do Abe Lincoln Must Die! for the for-funs assuming I'm not deathly busy when we decide when those happen.
  • edited August 2010
    I Call Chariots of the Dogs!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.