The City that Dares not Sleep Speculation Thread

Comments

• edited July 2010
    mr The Narrating Narrator
  • edited July 2010
    the main villain could be superball... or his superiors.
  • edited July 2010
    SBCGateAP wrote: »
    the main villain could be superball... or his superiors.

Yes, who is Superball working for now???? He's been shady about that since Chariots of the Dogs...
  • edited July 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    Yes, who is Superball working for now???? He's been shady about that since Chariots of the Dogs...

He's been working for villains since the first season so his superior must be evil.
  • edited July 2010
    Well, technically his superior is Max, and now he's an horrible monster, so yep, his superior is evil.
  • edited July 2010
    Malleys wrote: »
    Well, technically his superior is Max, and now he's an horrible monster, so yep, his superior is evil.

Max has always been evil even when he's not a horrible monster.
  • edited July 2010
    Sammy wrote: »
    Max has always been evil even when he's not a horrible monster.

Being childlike and obsessed with violence doesn't make him evil.
  • edited July 2010
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1746&d=1280350209

Me thinks Episode 5 will be in 2D a la Puzzle Agent...
  • edited July 2010
    Zeek wrote: »
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1746&d=1280350209

Me thinks Episode 5 will be in 2D a la Puzzle Agent...

How do you make that out?

Edit: noticed the thread and read all the replies. Atm any art like that is not fathomable as Sam & Max. It's completely the wrong style.
  • edited July 2010
    That's just some concept art from the private forums. Nothing has been said about a 2d style.
  • edited July 2010
    apparently there are going to be loads of time based puzzles
  • edited July 2010
    It was said in the private forums that the episode will be 'returning to the previous dimension' a.k.a parts of the game will be in 2D like Puzzle Agent and the older adventure games. Reasons why will probably be plot-related.

Before this rumour gets out of hand, there's a lot of speculation that the episode will have an 80s feel but there's nothing said about returning to 2D.
  • edited July 2010
    apparently there are going to be loads of time based puzzles

Either you're not using a TT forum thread as your source or you're completely making this up.
  • edited July 2010
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    Either you're not using a TT forum thread as your source or you're completely making this up.

STOP RUINING IT! This is fun!
  • edited July 2010
    Something tells me Bluster Blaster will play a key role in helping Max.
  • edited July 2010
    it's obvious that the villan is
    the commisioner!
  • edited July 2010
    The villians will be the Soda Poppers....again... Or, Mr. Featherly...
  • edited July 2010
    I don't see anything that could call it 80s, the decor looks much more 70s to me.
  • edited July 2010
    dankirk wrote: »
    The villians will be the Soda Poppers....again... Or, Mr. Featherly...

Don't even joke about that:mad:
  • edited July 2010
    Sammy wrote: »
    Don't even joke about that:mad:

unfortunately, they're being deathly serious
  • edited July 2010
    After watching a replay of tPZ on Youtube, I noticed that just after the first future vision the narrator said
    ... But you must not look away. Pay close attention to everything that you see and hear, because when our story reaches its bowel-tingling climax, only you, my friends, will posses the ability to save the entire universe!
    Does that mean that you(the player) will have a big roll in this final episode?
  • edited July 2010
    Nope, episode 5 will be a scrolling movie, and the player has no interaction at all... :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2010
    Nope, episode 5 will be a scrolling movie, and the player has no interaction at all... :rolleyes:

a MOVIE? I wouldn't think TTG would sink so low.:eek: Ha! yes, i can sense the sarcasm.

by a "bigger roll" i meant more than usual. Like... you are an actual character. I guess it does not make sense the more I think of it.

Meanwhile, who else can the villain be? Superball's *other* superior(s)? He said superiors in the plural form, meaning more than one. Max is one...

Could Amelia Earhart have survived a hundred years? Or possibly the vampire elf from ToS-M?
    Maybe Obadiah and Jedediah are behind everything? What were they doing when you first see them in PZ?

Are we going to be using any other Toys?
  • edited July 2010
    Could Amelia Earhart have survived a hundred years?
    Yes.
    Sadly enough, since 202 is the weakest S&M to date.
  • edited July 2010
    Could Amelia Earhart have survived a hundred years?

Of course. The problem is she was a baby just a few months ago then the island she was on was destroyed. So unless she went to Hell and was resurrected, I highly doubt she'll be able to return without time travel.
  • edited July 2010
    ACtually, if you play through TPZ again, you start to notice a lot of foreshadowing to upcoming events with future vision. It's actually kind of funny, especially when you use future vision on the Worse News stand.:D
  • edited July 2010
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    Of course. The problem is she was a baby just a few months ago then the island she was on was destroyed.
    Easter Island was destroyed? When? I thought Sam & Max specifically prevented it from being destroyed in 202?
  • edited July 2010
    HAHAH! I was replaying 302, and I noticed some more foreshadowing with the theatre poster about "The Mermaid & the Cockroach." :D I'm still poking around that episode to see if there were any hints towards where we are now as far as 305 is concerned.

At this point, I believe the only 305 foreshadowing is all the way back in 301 with the Worse News stand.
  • edited July 2010
    At this point, I believe the only 305 foreshadowing is all the way back in 301 with the Worse News stand.

There's also the chrysler building vision that everyone has seen as well as a vision outside of Momma Bosco's in which Sam tells Max to heel. There's a vision in 304 of Sal after he has drawn the cake and of course Bluster Blaster's future as well. The power core that Stinky stole's usage has not been explained yet and it is still unclear exactly what happened to Gordon the Brain. Superball's tear vision has not come true and some people have speculated that the dimensionator vision may come true. There's also one final vision of Sam involving teeth that suggests he will be eaten by giant Max.

Have I missed anything?
  • edited July 2010
    I'm only looking at 301 thru 303, because naturally 304 would have something to foreshadow 305.

In other words, I'm going back through the episodes to find that common thread that TTG used in Season 1 and Season 2 to hint towards who the real villian is. If it is as deeply hidden as it was in Season 2, then I'm sure I won't find it.:p
  • edited July 2010
    I'm only looking at 301 thru 303, because naturally 304 would have something to foreshadow 305.

In other words, I'm going back through the episodes to find that common thread that TTG used in Season 1 and Season 2 to hint towards who the real villian is. If it is as deeply hidden as it was in Season 2, then I'm sure I won't find it.:p

the narrator has been in every episode ... :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2010
    Have I missed anything?

There's also one more if you look at Sam's future at the pawnshop after you got the paddleball toy, can't remember what that was though.
  • edited July 2010
    the narrator has been in every episode ... :rolleyes:

I'm going to take that as a red harring, a la Satan in Season 2. At least for now.
  • edited July 2010
    Tilan wrote: »
    Easter Island was destroyed? When? I thought Sam & Max specifically prevented it from being destroyed in 202?

Oops, there was a very large gap in my memory that made me think they escaped to Hell from Easter Island. Now, thanks to you, I remember the Triangle dealing with the eruption.
  • edited July 2010
    Originally Posted by Sammy
    There's also one more if you look at Sam's future at the pawnshop after you got the paddleball toy, can't remember what that was though.

Just watched it. It shows Sam looking up, pointing a gun upwards and saying "I hate to have to do this Max, but it is the only way to save the city.". Although he seemed a bit calm. The other ones he was shouting.
  • edited July 2010
    Nintomster wrote: »
    Just watched it. It shows Sam looking up, pointing a gun upwards and saying "I hate to have to do this Max, but it is the only way to save the city.". Although he seemed a bit calm. The other ones he was shouting.

im thinking sam gonna shoot max at this point
  • edited July 2010

Holy shitake mushrooms! Why do I miss everything important?

GODDAMIT, SAM! DON'T SHOOT YOUR BEST FRIEND! MAX IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE CITY!
  • edited July 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    Holy shitake mushrooms! Why do I miss everything important?

GODDAMIT, SAM! DON'T SHOOT YOUR BEST FRIEND! MAX IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE CITY!

yeah true .. but who gonna save new york and the world??? its all up to sam to save the world now .... woow season 3 story is deeper and darker :p (which asks me the E-10 rating ) except for episode 302 (its rated T)
    ... im excited i dont know why but woow :eek:
  • edited July 2010

If he is aiming it upwards, it means Max is still a monster at such point. So I wonder: How much effective is a gun bullet against an ELDERISH ABOMINATION LEGAMORPH?
  • edited July 2010
    If he is aiming it upwards, it means Max is still a monster at such point. So I wonder: How much effective is a gun bullet against an ELDERISH ABOMINATION LEGAMORPH?

It's not.

If anything, he shoots Max to get his attention and then Max eats him.

Does anyone remember that joke about how Max is always trying to come up with scenarios that end with Max eating Sam because he looks so tastey in 301?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.