The City that Dares not Sleep Speculation Thread

18910111214»

Comments

• edited August 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Well, yeah, that part is. I'm guessing we'll have to go to the brain (after possibly getting out of the stomach), maybe then we'll find out an explanation for Max's as-of-yet-unexplained psychic powers or something.

I think explaining Max's psychic powers further would delve into very much forbidden EfMI territory of over-explaining everything. If Max asks him, Papierwaite will tell you that the mere mortals capable of wielding the Toys tend to be insane, simple and/or defective. Max lies in the insane category (possibly in the realm of the Autistic spectrum) and I don't think it warrants any further explanation.
  • edited August 2010
    Well, yeah, I prefer them unexplained, I was just mentioning a possibility =P
  • edited August 2010
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's Lair of the Levia-*makes ooogh noise at getting punched in the stomach*

Lagomorph! Lair of the Lagomorph!
  • edited August 2010
    snm_tdp_finale_flaming_max.jpg

Sam is a mind plague.
  • edited August 2010
    That awesome!
  • edited August 2010
    snm_tdp_finale_monster_max.jpg

Oh yes, this is going to be my wallpaper.
  • edited August 2010
    Sam and Max's great grandparents still have to spawn their offspring so Sam and Max probably do something that results in their birth.
    Ten bucks says it's Jurgen.
  • edited August 2010
    Sam and Max's great grandparents still have to spawn their offspring so Sam and Max probably do something that results in their birth.
    Ten bucks says it's Jurgen.

What is this I don't even.
  • edited August 2010
    Whatever happens in this episode I hope there will be a scene where a samalacra will hold up the bunny toy to the Max monster.
  • edited August 2010
    Ok, here's a theory:
    The original master plan was to use some kind of magic to enlarge Max and make him enraged, but that was interrupted by Charlie Ho-Tep's plan. Because of that, Junior was combined with a Max that would've become giant anyway, making a giant Junior Max. Junior wasn't even that big, there's no reason for him to have been the cause of the growth.

Maybe a little out there, but remember the way future vision works. It's not things that will happen, but things that can happen.
    That giant Max growl was because he was just giant, not demonic, and Sam being able to use a gun on him shows that he was as vulnerable as he used to be.
    Even if it is true, it's not like we'll ever know unless whoever was behind it all explains it.

Weird theory, I know, but those future visions must have to do with something.
  • edited August 2010
    Also, the flaming head Skun'Kape saw on Max having some use now is cool.

And after the revelation
    That Charlie Ho-Tep was the Big Bad behind the events of episode 4
    , I'm not sure my mind can take any more mind-blowing.
  • edited August 2010
    I don't know if you checked the main page of the site, but you can clearly see Skun'ka-pe's ship attacking Max in the background.
  • edited August 2010
    Also, the flaming head Skun'Kape saw on Max having some use now is cool.

And after the revelation
    That Charlie Ho-Tep was the Big Bad behind the events of episode 4
    , I'm not sure my mind can take any more mind-blowing.

I agree, at first i thought that was random and had no meaning whatsoever...
  • edited August 2010
    The flaming head thing? It wasn't that random, Momma Bosco did say that could happen didn't she?
  • edited August 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    The flaming head thing? It wasn't that random, Momma Bosco did say that could happen didn't she?
    No, she said Max's brain would explode in a firey display. She said nothing about flaming heads.
  • edited August 2010
    What better way to attack the small citizens then deploying mini evil versions of yourself in order to kill em?
  • edited August 2010
    Zeek wrote: »
    No, she said Max's brain would explode in a firey display. She said nothing about flaming heads.

Well, there was fire so maybe that was it? Who knows, Max is too weird so it's not like we can really know XD
  • edited August 2010
    Just would like to point out...only 1 day til release!
  • edited August 2010
    TOMORROW! YESSSSSSSSSS! :D

But I have to work tomorrow...NOOOOOOOOOO! :(
  • edited August 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »

I feel your pain.

Thankfully, I finished watching Season 2 of LOST, so now I can take a break from that and enjoy the finale of Sam & Max all night tomorrow.:D
  • edited August 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »

this sucks =( how about after your done with work :D
  • edited August 2010
    i hate how i have school tomorrow
  • edited August 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    i hate how i have school tomorrow

What are you guys talking about? Work and school gives you an opportunity to wittle away time so that the game is already out when you get back home! Most people will be waiting in agony hour after hour when given the free time. You guys will probably get instant gratification as soon as you come home from work or school!
  • edited August 2010
    What are you guys talking about? Work and school gives you an opportunity to wittle away time so that the game is already out when you get back home! Most people will be waiting in agony hour after hour when given the free time. You guys will probably get instant gratification as soon as you come home from work or school!
    And by then, any sever clog or lag caused by the mass download command will be solved!:D
  • edited August 2010
    I start school AFTER the game comes out, so I guess I'm a bit lucky. Unfortunately, the PAX announcement comes out on the EXACT SAME DAY I start school, so I'm totally bummed to be left in the dust.
  • edited August 2010
    I start school AFTER the game comes out, so I guess I'm a bit lucky. Unfortunately, the PAX announcement comes out on the EXACT SAME DAY I start school, so I'm totally bummed to be left in the dust.

Same here...
  • edited August 2010
    Click this link every few minutes to see if you can get an early realese.
    http://telltale.vo.llnwd.net/o15/games/samandmax/305/SamMax305_PC_Setup.exe
  • edited August 2010
    That would be an awesome idea if that wasn't the download link for 303, and instead was the link for 305.
  • edited August 2010
    Alternatively, check this link:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/mytelltale/

Though you probably still have to wait an hour or 6.
  • edited August 2010
    At least 3 hours of waiting to go, people!
  • edited August 2010
    Well I'm gunna suffer for getting the steam version yet again so it'll most likely come out tommorow for me, the day I start colledge D:
  • edited August 2010
    That would be an awesome idea if that wasn't the download link for 303, and instead was the link for 305.
    Oops...
    Edited!:o
  • edited August 2010
    i hate this wait
  • edited August 2010
    IT'S OUT.

For PC, at least.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.