Jurassic Park Release date information/discussions

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    It would be nice to know if the voucher will be for a season...or an episode. "Game" is kind of vague for a telltale release.

Well one thing Ive learned from experience is there is nothing we can do about it at this point. And we have a full 5-6 months to find out how it will be handled, fortunatly for telltale, more than likely we wont care by the end of this week anymore. Its like getting told no you cant have that candy bar at the store when momma already said you could, we all forget about it and end up comin back to momma sooner or later, lol
  • edited April 2011
    It's a voucher for the full season of ANY of our games. You can even use the voucher on Jurassic Park if you want, once we make that available for purchase again.

Awww, how kind of you Alan, thanks again :D
  • edited April 2011
    It's a voucher for the full season of ANY of our games. You can even use the voucher on Jurassic Park if you want, once we make that available for purchase again.

Im sure its already been said, but how do we get this voucher and do we know when?? Instead of the refund I would much rather hold on the voucher.
  • edited April 2011
    Hey the damage control is great. "Free this" and "voucher on that" but why is it delayed? What are you polishing?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    magamer1 wrote: »
    Instead of the refund I would much rather hold on the voucher.

Just to clarify, you get both the refund AND the voucher.
  • edited April 2011
    I've had games delayed years and I'm sure the refund and voucher will be handled long before this game is released. I'm not too worried.
  • edited April 2011
    Hey the damage control is great. "Free this" and "voucher on that" but why is it delayed?

Not really sure why they delayed it, they didnt really give much info. on this, some people think universal said it wasnt up to standards when time finally came, but this is just one of many theories to arise.
  • edited April 2011
    Hey the damage control is great. "Free this" and "voucher on that" but why is it delayed? What are you polishing?
    maybe it was the guy picking on the jeep numbers lol
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah there are a lot of theories that can be made. So how about an honest answer.
  • edited April 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Just to clarify, you get both the refund AND the voucher.

and the voucher is just good towards some or the entire future purchase?
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah there are a lot of theories that can be made. So how about an honest answer.

Dont expect that!
  • edited April 2011

Im like you, it would make me feel a little better. This was the first game I've purchased with telltale, and its not a very good way for repeat business.
  • edited April 2011

Alan said that you could use it for any game. The full season. Including Jurassic Park.

That would mean the *entire* purchase.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011

What Nasuke1 said... You can use it to re-order Jurassic Park (the entire game) when it becomes available again in the store. Or you can use it on any other Telltale game (full season), including ones that haven't come out yet.
  • edited April 2011
    _djs_ wrote: »
    Dont expect that!

Im sure over time they will come out with what "they" think is an honest answer
  • edited April 2011
    Nasuke1 wrote: »
    Alan said that you could use it for any game. The full season. Including Jurassic Park.

That would mean the *entire* purchase.

That seems to be adequate. Just wish I had the voucher in hand now before anything else changes.
  • edited April 2011
    Ok peeps, Im gonna get some wifey lovin to let off some steam, ill check back later to see if maybe they made a mistake and its coming out tomorrow, lol
  • edited April 2011
    Hey now, I will you this right now there will be no fighting on this board, and you will conduct yourself, like civilized people.

There is no need to fight over this.
  • edited April 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Hey now, I will you this right now there will be no fighting on this board, and you will conduct yourself, like civilized people.

There is no need to fight over this.

Whos fighting??
  • edited April 2011
    Just in case there is a fight.
  • edited April 2011
    MORTAL KOMBAT!
    Sorry..
  • edited April 2011
    game delays & PSN is down...this is like the apocalypse for some people. Next, they'll be looting *protects his fire*
  • edited April 2011
    MrWake wrote: »
    MORTAL KOMBAT!
    Sorry..

da da da da dada. da da da da dada, da da da da da dada, mortal kombat
  • edited April 2011
    we got dinos..more like Primal Rage or Killer Instinct
  • edited April 2011
    why is it delayed?

Because some very essential people went to the vending machines but never came back :eek:
  • edited April 2011
    =(

Well, hopefully it will be better for the extra time in the end.
  • edited April 2011
    Whos fighting??

They're still going on about my pointing out that it was stupid that people who had previously been hysterical in the Insider forum kept insisting that I "needed to calm down" because I had (quite calmly) speculated the game would be delayed.

Boy, do I hate being right all the time...Nice to see that JP gets screwed over yet again. :rolleyes:

Well, I'm out. Wake me up if this thing ever materializes.
  • edited April 2011
    As long as Telltale dosn't do what Capcom did to Dead rising 2, 2 year delay on that game. Worth it, but lllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg loading screens.
  • edited April 2011
    robotpo wrote: »
    They're still going on about my pointing out that it was stupid that people who had previously been hysterical in the Insider forum kept insisting that I "needed to calm down" because I had (quite calmly) speculated the game would be delayed.

Boy, do I hate being right all the time...Nice to see that JP gets screwed over yet again. :rolleyes:

Well, I'm out. Wake me up if this thing ever materializes.

Would you just let that go already? Yes, you were right. Nobody's denying that, and technically, nobody (or just myself, I don't remember nor do I really care to) was saying that you were exactly wrong. I said pretty clearly that for all we knew, you could be right. The evidence just didn't add up at the time. However, as I did state, they finally did come up and clearly state that there had been a delay. Point in case, you were right, we were wrong, now go run off with your huge ego and do what you will. I for one am not too bummed out about the delay since it means we get a far better product in the end, and with the cupon thing we can essentially get the game for free. So in my opinion, it's win/win
  • edited April 2011
    So then it's Fall :( I really hoped that the trailer there is a new one...now I hope that they will improve graphics and other unfinished business, as they got more time. So it will be start of my PhD and a new begging of Jurassic Park :)
    I still have hope in you Telltale :)
  • edited April 2011

I just want to say the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the email was "WOW. This company just impresses me more and more every day. I would've totally just been cool with - 'Hey, we're sorry. We had some issues and need to make sure the game is perfect. We'll give it to you in the Fall." It was WAY above and beyond customer service to offer the refund AND a free game.
    Complete opposite of how I felt when LucasArts said "Yeah...so we're just gonna cancel Sam and Max 2 and Full Throttle 2 and generally just try to kill that genre"
  • edited April 2011
    Would you just let that go already? Yes, you were right. Nobody's denying that, and technically, nobody (or just myself, I don't remember nor do I really care to) was saying that you were exactly wrong. I said pretty clearly that for all we knew, you could be right. The evidence just didn't add up at the time. However, as I did state, they finally did come up and clearly state that there had been a delay. Point in case, you were right, we were wrong, now go run off with your huge ego and do what you will. I for one am not too bummed out about the delay since it means we get a far better product in the end, and with the cupon thing we can essentially get the game for free. So in my opinion, it's win/win

I was referring to an obvious reference in the thread. But anyhoo...

At least there appears to be a new comic coming out later this year...Oy.
  • edited April 2011
    Tiranno wrote: »
    Are you shitting me? How are you going to tell people April, and you wait all month just to push it to Fall, you better have a damn good reason. It's not like a week, this is MONTHS! You'd better impress the hell out of me Telltale, especially for a game where I can't even walk...

I agree it better be worth it waiting several more months
  • edited April 2011
    I was referring to an obvious reference in the thread. But anyhoo...

At least there appears to be a new comic coming out later this year...Oy.

Another comic? What's the title for this one?
  • edited April 2011
    JP: Dangerous Games
  • edited April 2011
    JP: Dangerous Games

Interesting title. Devils in the Desert wasn't all that bad art wise, and the story was generic, but held my attention. It can't get any worse than Redemption was though
  • edited April 2011
    why nobody chatting?
  • edited April 2011
    why nobody chatting?

I think it's because they're either posting in the delay thread, or the enthusiasm has severely dropped for the time being
  • edited April 2011
    I think it's because they're either posting in the delay thread, or the enthusiasm has severely dropped for the time being

ok thx
  • edited April 2011
    Or because it's the middle of the night in Europe and 11PM on the East Coast US. I'm getting very sleepy. ^___^
This discussion has been closed.