Jurassic Park Release date information/discussions

Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    opagoon wrote: »
    So after episode 1 comes out, will it be another 6 months for episode 2? It'll be goin on 2015 by the time you have the complete game.

I think that's highly unlikely to be the case.
    _djs_ wrote: »
    So the game will just be released in december??

December is winter, so a fall release should be before then.
  • edited April 2011
    So the game will just be released in december??

trolly troll is trolly. If you're not happy, quit posting. You're just here to start stuff.
  • edited April 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    I think that's highly unlikely to be the case.

December is winter, so a fall release should be before then.

July??
  • edited April 2011
    We made the announcement as soon as we came to the tough conclusion. Folks who had pledged their support with their money knew as soon as we were able to launch the announcement.

I do apologize for any frustration or confusion this may have caused though. Both to you and anybody else affected.

Will people please stop your complaining, Telltale games clearly have done everything they can and on top of that have made a woolly mammoth of a attempt to apologize to us. Why are so many people so ungrateful, honestly...
  • edited April 2011
    Nasuke1 wrote: »
    trolly troll is trolly. If you're not happy, quit posting. You're just here to start stuff.

All this time, they have never answered us... Do you think they are going to start doing that now???
  • edited April 2011
    Alright I'm a bit cooled off now, and I wanted to say that while I'm upset that I can't play it now, I'm very excited to see what they have in store for us. I'm hoping they are revamping the game so that we can actually walk around the areas and explore a bit.

Do you plan to share with the insider forums on what we can expect as far as changes Alan?
  • edited April 2011
    All this time, they have never answered us... Do you think they are going to start doing that now???

What do you call refunding our money and giving us a *free* game? These people are above and beyond gracious and your reaction is like spitting in their face. I'm not responding to you anymore. Quit trolling the forum.
  • edited April 2011
    Its a game. That's all it is. Life will go on I'm sure for all you mumpy grumpies out there. Yes, you may be disappointed but you're now getting the game free if you choose to use your voucher that way.

Jeez, no pleasing some people. I was excited for the game, but better release a good game late, than a buggy game on time. Then some of you would all be back on here moaning about it.

In the meantime, sit back wait, enjoy the game when it comes out in the 'fall' and remember, not having the game wont make you sick or kill you.
  • edited April 2011
    Fall release frame generally shoots for September. Sometimes October if you need a bit more time to work, but I'd put my money on September.
  • edited April 2011

Don't you understand, everything is clear now, the whole reason they never have said anything to their customers is because they more than likely scared of everyone taking it the wrong way and a huge uproar on the forums, Another reason if they had posted more information/details on the game the initial impact when they announced this would be comparable to HELL :mad:
  • edited April 2011
    Xaxir wrote: »
    Fall release frame generally shoots for September. Sometimes October if you need a bit more time to work, but I'd put my money on September.

That's a 5 month wait...I'm beginning to think it might be alongside the Blu Ray release.
  • edited April 2011
    Nasuke1 wrote: »
    What do you call refunding our money and giving us a *free* game? These people are above and beyond gracious and your reaction is like spitting in their face. I'm not responding to you anymore. Quit trolling the forum.

And they didn't do that to us all this time??

Have you ever seen the insider forum?? It's a complete JOKE!
  • edited April 2011
    see what happens when you complain about all the technicalities people? lol I'm just kidding. Even though I'm disappointed the game didn't come out, I'm more than pleased with the compensation and keeping forum access here. They could have just refunded us and did nothing you know. Oh well...seeing how things were going, I'm sure we can keep these threads flowing til fall :cool: Thank you, Alan. As people have been saying, we've been waiting years...a few months wont kill us.
  • edited April 2011
    And they didn't do that to us all this time??

Have you ever seen the insider forum?? It's a complete JOKE!

Your a complete JOKE, now stop TROLLING because...

troll1.jpg

YOU BE TROLLIN....
  • edited April 2011
    nblackburn wrote: »
    Don't you understand, everything is clear now, the whole reason they never have said anything to their customers is because they more than likely scared of everyone taking it the wrong way and a huge uproar on the forums, Another reason if they had posted more information/details on the game the initial impact when they announced this would be comparable to HELL :mad:

So you're saying that they knew they were going to delay the game since pre-order started??
  • edited April 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Yep, that info comes direct from Alan. You get a refund, plus the free game voucher can be used to re-order Jurassic Park when it's back in the store.

That is VERY good to know...Thanks :) Still looking forword to the game, im sure its going to be great
  • edited April 2011
    Your a complete JOKE, now stop TROLLING because...

troll1.jpg

YOU BE TROLLIN....
    And do you think i care about what you think??
  • edited April 2011
    So you're saying that they knew they were going to delay the game since pre-order started??

Where the f**k did i say that?
  • edited April 2011
    Where the f**k did i say that?

^^^^
  • edited April 2011
    And do you think i care about what you think??

Sadly, its not just what i think :eek:
  • edited April 2011
    opagoon wrote: »
    So after episode 1 comes out, will it be another 6 months for episode 2? It'll be goin on 2015 by the time you have the complete game.

While we haven't outlined all of the release details yet, I think you will be pleased with the schedule we have in mind.
  • edited April 2011
    just watch, djs isnt going to get a voucher. lol already pissed off and saying they wont recommend tt, what do they have to lose
  • edited April 2011
    This thread took a slight aggressive curve in the last few posts.
    Can we all play nice now please? :)
  • edited April 2011
    Is the voucher for the free game valid for an entire season or just one episode?
  • edited April 2011
    While we haven't outlined all of the release details yet, I think you will be pleased with the schedule we have in mind.

Now correct me if Im wrong, but you should have already had the release dates locked and loaded, now they are wrong. By the way with this so called refund, how do we get it back if we paid with a credit card that is no longer valid??
  • edited April 2011
    All existing pre-orders will retain access to the Insider Forums.

Wow, as if the news that we can save our vouchers til later in the year to order Jurassic Park again wasn't uplifting enough :D I don't know about everyone else, but that's exactly what I intend to do with my voucher. And if any other Telltale game takes my fancy, then I'll be all too happy to pay full price for it as my way of saying thanks for the service we've received.
  • edited April 2011
    Hey, sorry to bother you Alan, but if we do choose to use the free game voucher on Jurassic Park: The Game, will we get all of the perks like the "end-of-season DVD" or will we have to re-pre-order it to get that stuff? Thanks Alan! :D
  • edited April 2011
    Spinky wrote: »
    Is the voucher for the free game valid for an entire season or just one episode?

Good point, we purchased the full FIVE. not just an episode.
  • edited April 2011
    Funny... Now they come here!
  • edited April 2011
    Since it might be releasing beside the PS3 version (which I think it will be), makes you wonder what will become of the episodic nature of the game. Perhaps it will just release as a single game with episodes (a la Heavy Rain), or maybe be a bit more stream lined to be less cliff-hangery.
  • edited April 2011

I think that could mean...
    • multiple releases at one given time
    • smaller gaps between episodes

Because people are forgetting, giving them the extra time means they can have time to work on the other episodes too.
  • edited April 2011
    I know this hasn't been the greatest day for you all but can there at least be an explanation as to WHY? Not like a politicians answer but a more detailed honest answer as to why. What are you fixing and why did it come up so late?
  • edited April 2011
    magamer1 wrote: »
    Good point, we purchased the full FIVE. not just an episode.
    ...and they are doing refunds. As it would be nice to get a full season on voucher, it IS completely up to them. Don't act like they owe it to you.
  • edited April 2011
    I think that could mean...
    • multiple releases at one given time
    • smaller gaps between episodes

Because people are forgetting, giving them the extra time means they can have time to work on the other episodes too.

What I get from it, if anything is that when the game was going to be released in the fall to console, it would be the full game. So Im thinking around 6 months will be the full game as well, just to whatever system you want it to be on. However Im just on the other end of a laptop at the point and not in tight with telltale. Sorta glad im not, they seem to have a few fires to put out.
  • edited April 2011

Yeah, sure. We totally believe you.
  • edited April 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    ...and they are doing refunds. As it would be nice to get a full season on voucher, it IS completely up to them. Don't act like they owe it to you.

Oh, but they do, when we purchased the game, we purchased the full sha-bang, as it says on my invoice and email statement. Its paid for and purchased for, and I expect nothing less.
  • edited April 2011
    It would be nice to know if the voucher will be for a season...or an episode. "Game" is kind of vague for a telltale release.
  • edited April 2011
    magamer1 wrote: »
    Oh, but they do, when we purchased the game, we purchased the full sha-bang, as it says on my invoice and email statement. Its paid for and purchased for, and I expect nothing less.

...and you will be refunded for such.
  • edited April 2011
    It's a voucher for the full season of ANY of our games. You can even use the voucher on Jurassic Park if you want, once we make that available for purchase again.
  • edited April 2011
    Thank you again Alan. :)
This discussion has been closed.