Jurassic Park Release date information/discussions

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I think it's because they're either posting in the delay thread, or the enthusiasm has severely dropped for the time being

majorly dropped we all thot it was going to be released today we were way off
  • edited April 2011
    majorly dropped we all thot it was going to be released today we were way off

We're only human.
  • edited April 2011
    Or because it's the middle of the night in Europe and 11PM on the East Coast US. I'm getting very sleepy. ^___^

Thankfully, I'm off work the next two days, and it's only 9:23pm here in the Mountain Time Zone, so I'm still around for a bit. At least til things die down around here or the internet bores me. Whichever comes first
  • edited April 2011
    I was working lol.
  • edited April 2011
    Ok, after a good sleep and thinking of the situation again here is my personal opinion:

The game is been in the works for a looong time. It should come out holidays 2010 and nada. Now they announced it for April and still nada. How on earth can we be sure it will come out in fall?

I mean what really upsets people is the fact that they announced it for a specific month and then told us about a (ca. 6 Month) delay in the last days of the month.
    To be able to give a release date they must have had a game that was minimum 99% ready. So what is the real reason for the delay?

- License problems?
    - Does Universal don't want the game to be first out on PC or something?
    - Telltale was not convinced by the look of the game and wants now something like Crysis? (that is not possible in 6 months....)
    - Universal was not convinced by the look of the game and wants now something like Crysis?

Either way the coolest thing now would be a secret demo of the first Episode (maybe the first 30 minutes) for all the pre-order people. I guess that would calm down the situation and maybe gain some understanding.
  • edited April 2011
    Spiker wrote: »
    Ok, after a good sleep and thinking of the situation again here is my personal opinion:

The game is been in the works for a looong time. It should come out holidays 2010 and nada. Now they announced it for April and still nada. How on earth can we be sure it will come out in fall?

I mean what really upsets people is the fact that they announced it for a specific month and then told us about a (ca. 6 Month) delay in the last days of the month.
    To be able to give a release date they must have had a game that was minimum 99% ready. So what is the real reason for the delay?

- License problems?
    - Does Universal don't want the game to be first out on PC or something?
    - Telltale was not convinced by the look of the game and wants now something like Crysis? (that is not possible in 6 months....)
    - Universal was not convinced by the look of the game and wants now something like Crysis?

Either way the coolest thing now would be a secret demo of the first Episode (maybe the first 30 minutes) for all the pre-order people. I guess that would calm down the situation and maybe gain some understanding.

Upon further consideration, I think none of the above can apply. It can only be attributed to the lack of polish near the original release of v.1, with signs pointing to such as shown in The Spot demo. It's safe to say that they might or might not have gotten it to a point of ZBR (Zero Bug Release) where at a certain point things would have to be stop being fixed in time for a release. If it was either, the end result would have been a number of bugs or glitches still present and an unreleasable game (In terms of the quality that Telltale wanted).

Either way the discussion must have lead to the delay decision itself, and logistically they would have pushed it back to the secondary release date originally for consoles in order to get the game to that quality, and I'm guessing as a wider appeal (especially to the naysayers of the internet) of developing a game that was full of variety and up to par with games of this generation. Therefore, the game was pushed back for additional improvements and polish.

This isn't to say that Telltale might not delay it again for a Winter release, but time is a thing that can be good or bad for anything, and in this case it was a bad thing.

Some speculation from me here, but it would seem that the PC would be the lead platformer with the porting of the game to Consoles sometime closer (say a month +/-) to release, which would mean that the PC version should be done prior to Consoles, thus ensuring the highest quality for PC users.
  • edited April 2011
    yeah and it wouldn't be... 6 months isnt enough for a complete revamp...I know the timing(last minute) is a bit suspicious, but all we can do is guess until the next statement or video.
  • edited April 2011
    hopfully they dont delay it again when it comes close to fall time
  • edited April 2011
    recon1701 wrote: »
    hopfully they dont delay it again when it comes close to fall time

They can do anything.
  • edited April 2011
    As long as I can use the voucher to get Jurassic Park again, I will be happy will Telltale games.
  • edited April 2011
    shamuboy wrote: »
    As long as I can use the voucher to get Jurassic Park again, I will be happy will Telltale games.

You can.
  • edited April 2011
    So, when it comes out in fall, my pre-order still counts? Or do I have to pre-order it again?
  • edited April 2011
    guilmon182 wrote: »
    So, when it comes out in fall, my pre-order still counts? Or do I have to pre-order it again?

thats if it comes out in the fall...or they might push it back until spring next year when fall comes around
  • edited April 2011
    guilmon182 wrote: »

You have to preorder again. But you can use the voucher on JP if you want.
  • edited April 2011
  • edited April 2011
    You have to preorder again. But you can use the voucher on JP if you want.

Okay, thanks.
  • edited April 2011
    I must admit, unfortunately, we have made some embarrassing /wrong calculations, both on the personnel side which is not completely solid. There are some things we need to look at, as the flavors we have in our ice cream products. Today we only have strawberry and some strange siberian Flower that tastes like underwear. The water tattoos on the kids doesn't work properly also. Small things, will probably be back in October, November. Will get back to you! //The Park
  • edited April 2011
    i wish there was a beta.
  • edited April 2011
    how do i get the voucher? thanks in advance :)
  • edited April 2011
    how do i get the voucher? thanks in advance :)
    Did you pre-order the game? If so, you'll receive it in the next few days on the email you registered this account on.
  • edited April 2011
    i hope it comes out in agust, setember,october,or november
  • edited May 2011
    I bet 84% that it will be released in augest
  • edited May 2011
    I bet 84% that it will be released in augest

me too.
  • edited May 2011
    october
  • edited May 2011
    I want it to be August. Cause i can't wait till November or October.
  • edited May 2011
    I agree this game needed a "small" delay...but delaying it by months is just too much...it really isn't fair to fans at all...in the back to the future forum we literally waited until the LAST day of April possible...and we mostly agree it was the worst of the series...shortest/worst puzzles/worse episodic storyline plot..the point is they took the maximum amount of time they had and it being the only TRUE game they released during that month ( hector not included, they didn't change a thing from what it was originally ) they didn't come through...they didn't use the extra time they took to make a good product...so I can't say that I agree with delaying JP by as much as they are doing...it will be what it will be ...extra time won't change that...
  • edited May 2011
    JGennaro wrote: »
    I agree this game needed a "small" delay...but delaying it by months is just too much...it really isn't fair to fans at all...in the back to the future forum we literally waited until the LAST day of April possible...and we mostly agree it was the worst of the series...shortest/worst puzzles/worse episodic storyline plot..the point is they took the maximum amount of time they had and it being the only TRUE game they released during that month ( hector not included, they didn't change a thing from what it was originally ) they didn't come through...they didn't use the extra time they took to make a good product...so I can't say that I agree with delaying JP by as much as they are doing...it will be what it will be ...extra time won't change that...

can tell tale at least throw us a demo? after the delay i feel very unsure of its ability on my machines. and to be honest that would shut me up until fall lol
  • edited July 2011
    I seriously doubt that JPtG will be released in the next couple of months, as much as I'd like to see it happen. The real clue here is that they STILL haven't restarted the preorders for the game. Not to mention that I checked with Gamestop and they don't have preorders for the 360 disc either. I would expect a preorder period of at least a couple of months before a games release.
  • edited July 2011
    i've heard from somewhere it's set to release in November... I certainly don't remember the source.
  • edited July 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    i've heard from somewhere it's set to release in November... I certainly don't remember the source.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/release/pc
    Sep 30, 2011
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2011
    I'd be wary of any release date that hasn't come directly from Telltale. Some gaming sites just enter a best guess when they don't know the actual date, so what you see there may not be accurate.
  • edited July 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    I'd be wary of any release date that hasn't come directly from Telltale. Some gaming sites just enter a best guess when they don't know the actual date, so what you see there may not be accurate.

it was with bttf
  • edited August 2011
    Flawless02 wrote: »

It's definitely not September 30
  • edited August 2011
    Does that mean earlier or later?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    Does that mean earlier or later?

Yes. :)
  • edited August 2011
    Why not launch it along side the blu-ray release on 10/25?

That makes the most marketing sense anyway.
  • edited August 2011
    attackslug wrote: »

That is absolutely true. If the Blu-ray gets dinomania going on, even just a little, it'll be a win for JP:G.

Of course the end of October is soooooooooooooo far away. :(
  • edited August 2011
    I read an article where somebody said they overheard a Telltale Rep saying it would be out in October. They heard it at Comic Con. So........Yes or no?
  • edited August 2011
    MasCot wrote: »
    That is absolutely true. If the Blu-ray gets dinomania going on, even just a little, it'll be a win for JP:G.
    (

Too bad this wont be the case seeing as the platform that can actually play blu rays will not be seeing a physical release that fans can pick up when they pick up their blu rays...

Sorry...just a little pissed if you can't tell(tale).:winslow:
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2011
    attackslug wrote: »

That would have been the "dream date" for BTTF even more. :D
    But obviously, determining the time of release is more than "setting a date".
This discussion has been closed.