Pre-Ordering Jurassic Park

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
Here is a quick rundown on the JP preorders:

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A FREE GAME VOUCHER

CONSOLE: You can preorder online or in stores for a console copy for the Xbox, or wait until release day (Nov. 15th) to grab it off PSN for PS3 users. Xbox preorders through GameStop get a free dino pet.

PC/MAC: Preorder from Telltale's site. The deluxe edition is up now. You'll get ALL FOUR EPISODES automatically on November 15th to your My Games page and the hard copy with all the cool extras will be mailed out to you in December. The standard edition will be up for sale the day of (November 15th) and you'll be able to play immediately.

IF YOU HAVE A FREE GAME VOUCHER

CONSOLE: Voucher does NOT apply for console purchases. You can still preorder online or in stores for a console copy for the Xbox, or wait until release day (Nov. 15th) to grab it off PSN for PS3 users. Xbox preorders through GameStop get a free dino pet, but you will NOT get to apply your discount! You can use the voucher ONLY on PC/Mac purchases!

PC/MAC: Preorder from Telltale's site. The deluxe edition is up now. You'll get ALL FOUR EPISODES automatically on November 15th to your My Games page and the hard copy with all the cool extras will be mailed out to you in December. The standard edition will be up for sale the day of (November 15th) and you'll be able to play immediately. Your voucher will give you a 35$ discount, making the Deluxe edition 5$ plus shipping, which varies by region. Price of the standard edition TBD, but you'll still get 35$ off its price.

SOME PEOPLE HAVE MENTIONED THEIR COUPON IS ONLY GIVING A 9$ DISCOUNT. IF THT'S YOU, CONTACT TELLTALE SUPPORT, NOT ME. I'M JUST A MOD. THANKS.

Questions? Feel free to ask.

Comments

• edited October 2011
    I need a new voucher. The one I have only gives the $9 discount. I PMed Michael Parks about it.

I thought there were only four episodes for the game. Not five. O_o

EDIT: FIRST!!! xD
  • edited October 2011
    My bad. Fix'd.
  • edited October 2011
    If your voucher isn't giving you the full $34.99 off, send me a PM and I'll get it sorted. If you have your original order number, please include that. If you don't, the full name or email address on file will do.

Also, it appears we may have a temporary issue with submitting the codes in Internet Explorer 9. If you're using that browser and submitting the code doesn't update the page at all, try a different browser and it should work fine.

Update: It appears that IE9 is also not allowing anybody to checkout via Paypal. Again, please try a different browser to resolve this. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • edited October 2011
    The site is not accepting my voucher for some reason.
  • edited October 2011
    Wait the standard edition will be up tomorrow right?
  • edited October 2011
    Can somebody please help me, I tried messaging Telltale employees but that didn't help so I guess I'll post here. I was trying to preorder the game and had a lot of trouble getting the code to go through and getting paypal to work with IE9. I then switched to Chrome and transferred funds to paypal after a lot of trouble with paypal and telltale's site and went to buy it and when i was checking out with Paypal it messed up for some reason and timed out and now my code is "invalid" or something and it wont work, yet it didn't go through so I didn't get the game so I dont know waht to do... please help me telltale I've been trying to just get this game preordered for a while now, thanks...
  • edited October 2011
    Greetings.

When the pre-orders were being refunded I requested through support that my pre-order be held (issue-47616), a request that was upheld (issue-51372). I was wondering how much I owe for the deluxe edition of Jurassic Park, something which was never announced when the game was first available for pre-order.

Many thanks.
  • edited October 2011
    I'm in need of help from you guys. I didn't get the voucher because of reasons explained in here and I would like to pre-order the Deluxe pack. What should I do? Thank you.
  • edited October 2011
    Can't I just preorder only the Digital Delivery version of the game? Do I really need to preorder the physical DVD? Cause the digital version is ok for me and I don't want to pay more Interational shipment fees.
    I'm just afraid to lose the additional "digital contents" as the soundtrack...
  • edited October 2011
    If you want the Standard Edition, there is no preorder. It will be on sale on Nov 15, and you'll be able to download it immediately.
  • edited October 2011
    If we preorder the deluxe edition and it doesn't arrive in time for the release how is it downloaded? Is there a download mirror on the site or can we run it through Steam, like Back to the Future?
  • edited October 2011
    If you buy the Deluxe edition, you will get the digital download immediately on November 15, same as the standard edition. The hard copy with all the cool extras will be mailed out to you in December.
  • edited October 2011
    If you buy the Deluxe edition, you will get the digital download immediately on November 19, same as the standard edition. The hard copy with all the cool extras will be mailed out to you in December.
    In the previous post you just said November 15th is when the digital download occurs. Which is it? Also where is the digital download? I've only downloaded Back to the Future and the Sam and Max seasons through Valve's Steam service. Is there a place on Telltale's website to download the games?
  • PerPer
    edited October 2011
    Thanks, a new preorder made.

But how about the insider forum? I never got access first time i preordered in march. A little sad about that. :confused:

I do think the "Post Here If You Pre-Ordered Jurassic Park and Can't Access Insider Forum" not is monitored. ( http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23366 )

Per
  • edited October 2011
    If you buy the Deluxe edition, you will get the digital download immediately on November 19, same as the standard edition. The hard copy with all the cool extras will be mailed out to you in December.

Hum... You meant November 15, didn't you?
  • edited October 2011
    Thanks for the catch! I'm legally blind and my typing is not always the best.
  • edited October 2011
    If we preorder the deluxe edition and it doesn't arrive in time for the release how is it downloaded? Is there a download mirror on the site or can we run it through Steam, like Back to the Future?

The Deluxe Edition won't be here for release. You order it, and when the game is released November 15th, you download it from Telltale.
  • edited October 2011
    Can you tell us how much the Standard Edition on PC will cost yet? My decision on whether to pre-order the Deluxe version will depend on the price difference.

Also, if I do pre-order the Deluxe, will I be able to have the BttF and Sam & Max Season 3 bonus discs sent in the same package? I haven't ordered them yet as I've been waiting to get a few at once to keep shipping costs down.
  • edited October 2011
    We haven't announced the pricing on the standard digital edition yet.

You can definitely add other items to your order. The package will ship when the Jurassic Park Deluxe Edition becomes available.
  • edited October 2011
    I used the voucher to preorder this today and on my past purchases page it says I purchased JP as a gift. Does that mean I just use the gift redemption code to pick up the game or is the gift version of JP an extra for ordering it earlier this year? Sorry if I'm being a little unclear.
  • edited October 2011
    Kernee wrote: »
    I used the voucher to preorder this today and on my past purchases page it says I purchased JP as a gift. Does that mean I just use the gift redemption code to pick up the game or is the gift version of JP an extra for ordering it earlier this year? Sorry if I'm being a little unclear.
    This happened to me too. I think it happens to everyone though (back me up here tell-tale). It's just a "If you want to send it as a gift to other people you can" deal otherwise you can download the game by November 15 and they'll ship the hard copy to you in December.
  • edited October 2011
    This happened to me too. I think it happens to everyone though (back me up here tell-tale). It's just a "If you want to send it as a gift to other people you can" deal otherwise you can download the game by November 15 and they'll ship the hard copy to you in December.

Ok cool. Just checking to see if that's the desired result. If it is then its ok by me.
  • edited October 2011
    If you have the pre-order from back in April how much does the deluxe version cost more? I never had a re-fund for the game so I still technically have it.
  • edited October 2011
    Just re-pre-ordered the game, using the $35 voucher. Got the big deluxe edition for $16 shipped. :D
  • edited October 2011
    Shuwatch wrote: »
    Just re-pre-ordered the game, using the $35 voucher. Got the big deluxe edition for $16 shipped. :D
    Lucky! :D
    For me, shipping alone was $17. Damn you, Germany! :p
    But yeah, all excited. Been waiting for this!
  • edited October 2011
    Hello, I've got a question. What if you move between preordering and the game shipping? There's a good chance that I'm going to be moving, but I also want to get the game in hard copy. What are my options here?
  • edited October 2011
    If you're in America, you would need to setup mail forwarding with the USPS, but you would need to do that anyway. I'm not sure if that option is available in other countries, but I'm assuming it is.

If you move prior to it shipping, you can send me a PM with your order number and new address and I can get it updated for you.
  • edited October 2011
    Any way for people in the UK to preorder it? :(
  • edited October 2011
    You should be able to pre-order the Deluxe Edition fine; you'd just need to pay the shipping costs.
  • edited October 2011
    You should be able to pre-order the Deluxe Edition fine; you'd just need to pay the shipping costs.

Oh, I just realised I got confused, I didn't realise that was just for the PC version.
    Is it true what this guy says about the Xbox 360 version? - http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27007
  • edited October 2011
    Even though the box set with all the goodies won't ship until December, will the digital exclusives like the videos and soundtrack be available to download on the day of the game's release?
  • edited October 2011
    Liam. wrote: »
    Oh, I just realised I got confused, I didn't realise that was just for the PC version.
    Is it true what this guy says about the Xbox 360 version? - http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27007

Yes, that is correct.
  • edited October 2011
    Yes, that is correct.

Oh dear, I was really looking forward to it too, I thought it was too good to be true. All that build up and excitement for nothing, I'm very disappointed.
  • edited October 2011
    One Question, will the whole Box (with all the stuff) come at 15th November or not when i pre order it. I dont really understand.
  • edited October 2011
    motar wrote: »
    One Question, will the whole Box (with all the stuff) come at 15th November or not when i pre order it. I dont really understand.

From what I understand. It will be shipped sometime in December in time for the holidays.
  • edited October 2011
    Ah ok, so im not able to play the game before that right? Or do i get a Code for Steam, that i can play it on 15th November. And im from Germany, someone know if its possible to play the US Version with german Steam Account?
  • edited October 2011
    You'll be able to download the digital versions of the games via the Your Games link in the upper right-hand corner of this site on November 15'th.
  • edited October 2011
    You'll be able to download the digital versions of the games via the Your Games link in the upper right-hand corner of this site on November 15'th.

Yep you will find ALL the downloadable versions of every TTG game you have purchased directly from TTG if you click the joystick icon highlighted in red like in the picture below located at the top of the page.. As well as a list of previous purchases and links to invoices.

yourgames.jpg

Once clicked you will see your games in a list that look like below.. Note on release day a download button will appear behind you episodes.

beforeafteru.jpg
  • edited October 2011
    Just to make sure we got this right.

By pre-ordering the Jurassic Park: Deluxe Pack you will be able to begin downloading the first episode (and I'm assuming the others in order that you finish them?) on November 15th but the Deluxe Pack itself (which contains all the cool goodies and a game disc?) will not ship to you untill sometime in December.

Correct?
  • edited October 2011
    Just wondering if I'm missing something or not. Is there a deluxe edition for the Xbox 360? Will there be?

I'm partial to PC games, but this game seems designed for the console. I'd like to get the game on the best platform, but I'd like the deluxe version. At the very least, the console version will have controller rumble which should be a good addition to this game.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.