Pre-Ordering Jurassic Park

12346»

Comments

• edited November 2011
    It's 12:30 in California right now.
  • edited November 2011
    gah seriously, so i live in canada , i wont be seeing the game till 8ish ?
  • edited November 2011
    5 hours plus download. Got to admit I am a little annoyed.
  • edited November 2011
    yeup , so am I , how long do u think the download will be..
  • edited November 2011
    I just don't understand the delay in release, it should be out by now...
  • edited November 2011
    Yes 5. Typo sry.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    d_cover wrote: »
    5 hours plus download. Got to admit I am a little annoyed.

Could be one hour plus download as well, who knows?

The cases where episodes released very close to 6 PM PST were relatively rare in the last years. I could play the episodes more often than not on release days (it's 9:30 PM in Germany right now, and I don't stay up THAT late on workdays ;) ).
    I just don't understand the delay in release, it should be out by now...

For the last time, there_is_no_delay. Everything according to plan, Asian Inferno! ;)

kasaki89 wrote: »
    how long do u think the download will be..

That's really hard to tell because this time it's four episodes in one, I think. Telltale's games normally did not weigh that much (about 300 to 500 MB per episode), and the download speed was always quite impressive even on release days.
  • edited November 2011
    Okay, not delay but choice of time to get it out. You'd think all the preparations to be set up in order for the release to get out promptly would have been the past week.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Okay, not delay but choice of time to get it out. You'd think all the preparations to be set up in order for the release to get out promptly would have been the past week.

Yup, that's what we thought for every single episode in the last five years as well. We were mistaken most of the time. ;)
  • edited November 2011
    I have a question when it says "your games" i got the jurassic park deluxe edition and i cant download them it says use your usename and password to unlock this game i dont understand!

Anyone help please.
  • edited November 2011
    I cant unlock my game! it says to unlock your game use your username and password someone help please.
  • edited November 2011
    godd damnit . i just made a post about that .. why don't u look first before posting.
  • edited November 2011
    You will be able to download the game when it's released later today.
  • edited November 2011
    Don't worry. As soon as the game is available for download two large green buttons (one for PC, one for MAC, will appear on the right of the order which will allow you to download the game for your system. If you look below the order, it will state that "one or more items are in backorder" or somesuch thing. This means they may not be available yet. As you know, as of yet, they are not.
  • edited November 2011
    ...and it's out.
  • edited November 2011
    I pre-ordered Jurassic Park around February. How come I do not see a list of episodes on my game list?
  • edited November 2011
    You should be seeing it now, Toonfreak.
  • edited November 2011
    And now it says JurassicPark100.exe has stopped working -_- please help.
  • edited November 2011
    If I pre-order the deluxe edition will i be able to download the game today?
  • edited November 2011
    Yes, you will.
  • edited November 2011
    And now it says JurassicPark100.exe has stopped working -_- please help.

Right-click, properties, compatibility. If you're on Windows 7, set it to Vista SP2. If you're on Vista, set it to the previous service pack. If you're on XP, you need to upgrade [This is a personal recommendation].
    If I pre-order the deluxe edition will i be able to download the game today?

Yes.
  • edited November 2011
    I Pre-Ordered from Gamestop, but didn't get the T-Rex pet :(
  • jplovajplova Banned
    edited November 2011
    how/where did people get the $35 voucher for the deluxe edition?
  • edited November 2011
    jplova wrote: »
    how/where did people get the $35 voucher for the deluxe edition?

Preorders originally opened up back at the beginning of this year, and then around April/May, the game got pushed back to nowish. Because of the delay, Telltale refunded everyone's preorders and gave them a voucher for a free season of any of their games. That's where said voucher came from.
  • jplovajplova Banned
    edited November 2011
    ^^^ thanks!
  • edited November 2011
    I pre-ordered the deluxe edition, but can't play the game yet.
    My current computer is... ehm... extinct:rolleyes:. And with the prices of hard disks going berserk due to the floods in Thailand, I'm putting a new system on hold until production is back up and running.

So it's going to be 2012 before I set foot on Isla Nublar.
    It's probably also going to be 2012 before I get my hands on my Deluxe Edition.
    Any idea when they start shipping these?

But for the time being I'll just amuse myself with the Island Tour on the site and with my downloadable extras, having the Sounds of Jurassic Park in the background.:)

I can't wait to play and discover the island... and in all probability getting myself killed while looking around. But I've already seen a gameplay movie which shows some cool deaths. So I won't mind as long if I'll pass after a few attempts.
    Patience is a virtue.

To end, just a question out of curiosity.
    Is the Deluxe Edition only available on the Telltale games shop or is it coming to domestic and/or foreign stores too?
  • edited November 2011
    We don't currently have any plans for a retail release of the Deluxe Edition. Sorry.
  • edited November 2011
    We don't currently have any plans for a retail release of the Deluxe Edition. Sorry.
    You don't have to be sorry, I was just wondering.
    I ordered already, so I'll have mine.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited November 2011
    CaMa85 wrote: »
    Any idea when they start shipping these?
    The Jurassic Park Deluxe Park has an estimated ship date of December 15, according to the item page in the Telltale Store.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.